Thread: TNA Takes their PPVs on the Road.

Default TNA Takes their PPVs on the Road.

Source: Pwinsider.com

TNA told their VIP ticketholders at Genesis today that this will be their only live TNA PPV held at Universal Studios in Orlando in 2013.

Lockdown will be held in San Antonio, TX. The Slammiversary and Bound For Glory pay-per-views will also be held outside the Impact Zone. Locations haven't yet been announced.

------------------------------

Maybe they feel that getting out of their "comfort zone" will increase interest in the promotion and bring in more fans. What do you think of this?

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

Default Re: TNA Takes their PPVs on the Road.

HELL YES! They've finally listened!
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Makes sense that they would have all of their PPV's on the road now as they've cut back on the number of PPV's their doing a year.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

I can definitely see this as a good thing for TNA and perhaps the beginning of actual growth for the company.

I don't really see how this is "growth" when nothing has changed. They generally did the "bigger" PPVs on the road anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by hr View Post
    I don't really see how this is "growth" when nothing has changed. They generally did the "bigger" PPVs on the road anyway.
    I agree. It actually seems like a bit of a downgrade since now 2/3 of the PPVs will be taped.

surrender

I wish i lived in TX. Lockdown is like WM to me

If someone hates you for no reason, give that fucker a reason. banner by My friend Sticky
    Quote Originally Posted by Ness
    Just remember that women don't want a guy who is a pussy. They already have one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadOchoCinco
    Opinions are like orgasms... mine is the most important n I really don't care about yours...

once they get out of the impact zone I think they will be amazed at how the crowds react to the guys who are tweeners like Austin Aries...in the impact zone it depends on who he is fighting as to how they respond but in my mind he could get pops like Steve Austin use to get...Aries is a ligit bad ass and full of charisma...those things can be amplified in front of crowd who are not told who to chant for...

and to be honest the only way this company is gonna grow is to do things they havent tried like going to bigger arenas and having ppv's on the road...only having 3 to do now will cut down on cost of traveling and grow your product outside of orlando..having only four also gives them the advantage of building up stories better and again cuts costs (althought traveling now may actually cost about the same in the end as having 11 ppv's) eventually I think this will help them overall.

Quote Originally Posted by hr View Post
    I never said it was "growth", I said it could lead to growth with more exposure to different audiences. Did you know that WWE basically started out the same way, in their own territory, and didn't actually see much growth until the territories broke down and they hit the road for more exposure.
    Last edited by DAB; 01-14-2013 at 08:01 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Quote Originally Posted by DAB View Post
    I never said it was "growth", I said it could lead to growth with more exposure to different audiences. Did you know that WWE basically started out the same way, in their own territory, and didn't actually see much growth until the territories broke down and they hit the road for more exposure.
    I think hr is saying there's not really more exposure from this - they'be been going on the road for a few PPV each year for a while now.

surrender

I had good times there but it's about time TNA get out The Impact Zone.

The PW World Champion Mr. Victorino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress View Post
    I wish i lived in TX. Lockdown is like WM to me
    I feel your pain but to make matters worse I just moved for san antonio to north california recently which sucks. As far as the only live ppv topic was tna simply saying Genesis was gonna be the only live ppv event all year or the only live ppv event in the impact zone ? (Since their hittin' the road) Let's not assume the others will be pre-recorded without a real source.
    ďItís very, very important to be yourself, and thatís the kind of message that I want to get across in my character as well. On TV, thatís the message that I want to get across to fans of all ages really: To get somewhere you just have to be yourself. Donít ever change for anyone.Ē - Paige "The Anti-Diva"

Franchise&GCBRollinITBack Franchise's Avatar

I've been saying this for years. TNA really needs to take the PPVs away from Universal Studios, even the taped ones. Impact Wrestling not so much, but PPVs hell yes.

TNA should even do a PPV in England because it will be a big draw at the gate. They could half the cost of the TV PPV price and show it on delay in the US and still (I predict make a bigger profit)

Quote Originally Posted by F. View Post
    I've been saying this for years. TNA really needs to take the PPVs away from Universal Studios, even the taped ones. Impact Wrestling not so much, but PPVs hell yes.

TNA should even do a PPV in England because it will be a big draw at the gate. They could half the cost of the TV PPV price and show it on delay in the US and still (I predict make a bigger profit)
    I tgoo have been one of those forumers who have said a long time ago, tna needed to get out of the impact zone to do A) Their impact tapings around the country or in wrestling hotbeds and secondly B) Getting the ppvs out on the road at an arena which doesnt give off that glorified "impact tv show to buy for"!

And yes Tna should do a ppv over here in the UK, granted the nearest we will get is a few tv tapings,which if i remember right from the last uk tour, alot of tna fans said how different the vibe off the uk crowd came accross on Tv (although if the US fans knew that for years we were subjected to the likes of Nagasaki,Daddy,haystacks,st.clair, old ladies with handbags and God awful town halls back in the 70's and 80's they would understand why we are hot for them!)
    <iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" id="chat_embed" src="http://www.justin.tv/chat/embed?channel=gaz77uk&default_chat=jtv&popout_chat =true#r=-rid-&s=em" height="500" width="300"></iframe>

Thread Information