Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fan Fiction Archives Discussion - The 2014 Bump

vCash
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Fan Fiction Archives Discussion - The 2014 Bump

Alright guys, I've had a discussion with RT and we both want to try and utilise this Archive sub-forum. I'm opening up this discussion to the rest of you in order to try and get your opinions on the Archives and what feds you'd like to see moved into here.

I think the Archives has a purpose - not only does it recognise the very best feds we've had here, but it makes it easier to find certain threads that can motivate you into writing your own material.

Here's my suggestion - we 'induct' one fed per month into the archives for a period of time until we come to a decision that there's not enough feds that warrant being moved into the archives. I don't think that'll be for a very, very long time, though. We have an abundance of quality feds in our disposal since we restarted things in 2006.

I'm contemplating with the idea of making a poll that sees every fed that has ever won the 'Fed of the Year', and is now inactive, nominated with the two highest voted options being our first 'inductions' into the Archive. After that, one fed per month will be moved into the archives with that fed being decided by a poll voted by all you guys.
    That's the way she goes. The way she goes.

The Kid

Phenoms fed.

Honestly, the best fed I ever read.

vCash
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was pre-board crash, though.

Thanks for the suggestion though, Kid. Keep 'em coming.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was going to say Phenom's fed as well.

*CREDIT TO FRESH PRINCE*

PW'S 2015 WWE HOMETOWN HERO

vCash
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think someone found some of his work on the wayback machine and posted a link to it, a few months back. Not entirely sure, though...

The Kid

It's a bit insulting to see no KWF Feds in the archive.

I also think that an awesome idea to do (with rules) is to have a multi participation fed where we can build the greatest fed ever. As long as we don't take it as a joke (like we always did) and actually post seriously. It could be interesting to see what storylines and champions are made if we all participate. That used to be fun and I remember hearing stories of Holzhammer drenching Stephanie McMahon in Austin and Rocks beer 10 years ago, which I'm sure was written and posted TOPS 10 minutes before he masterbated. it could be fun an this place needs to feel like an alive community instead of a nursing home and a rehab center. No offense to anyone, since I too have had several mental breakdowns and posted about them.

I think it's time to bring fun to this place and we always do drafts and WMS/PI always win.

Just tossing shit to the wall while taking a shit in Disney.

vCash
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KWF's won a couple of Fed of the Year's right? It'll be up for vote in the upcoming poll. Waiting to hear from RT, first.

Not sure about anything like Multi-Participation for the time being. PM me in the future though and we could iron some details out for something down the line.

Draft's usually take place May/June time. I really enjoyed the twist we took on the draft last year. Definitely a fan of doing that again.

But anyway, back to the topic! Fan Fic Archives. I want you guys to be honest - are you fans of the idea? I know PB and RT obviously were, and I'm in the same camp.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the idea. I enjoy reading the old classics and I'm also interested in seeing what stuff I missed during my time away.

*CREDIT TO FRESH PRINCE*

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every single time we bring up inducting a new fed the first answer is "PHENOM'S FED!" and I die a little every time because I remember it's gone forever.

I can't wait for the first poll to go up. After tomorrow you guys won't see much of me for a few days while I move, but I'll be back online by Monday at the latest. Whatever happens in that time has my full support, if anything.

vCash
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone definitely posted a link to it at some point, not long ago. I remember reading it and absolutely loving it. Should have bookmarked it. I think it may have been KJ who posted it, could be wrong.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

vCash
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amazing. I've been toying around with web archives but couldn't get anything before '05. Brilliant work, KJ. Thank you so much. Any one think it'd be a good idea to create a thread in here called Phenom's MWF and just post the two links in? All discussion about his fed can go in that thread and it's an easy place to reference it from in future.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So great to read some of that stuff again. I've never seen someone receive the kinda praise Phenom got with every post he made. That guy is the greatest Fan Fic writer we've ever seen in my opinion.

*CREDIT TO FRESH PRINCE*

The Kid

Phenom, to me, was Bill Goldberg.

Excellent fed, but best Fan Ficer ever? I don't know. KJ, Holz, RT, yours truly.

Fan Fic HOF Class 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't know why but everytime I read "It was Me".. I instantly think "Austin!" after the sentence! Wrestling has warped my tiny little mind.

In other news Phenoms fed should be archived as should Kids KWF.
    The Phenom of Fan Fiction.
    Cheers to KustoM for the banner.

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain...

vCash
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright guys, it's almost time to see another fed inducted.

I'm gonna talk to my Canadian mod from another bod before putting a thread up later in the week.

Are people on board for having the same nominees as last time, with the exception of Ness' K.A.S which is still active (my mistake)? I'm on board for adding a nominee or two if anyone has any suggestions.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would definitely add more (can't think of any right now) because I don't feel like there's that much more in the group provided that really need to be archived.

*CREDIT TO FRESH PRINCE*

vCash
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking maybe running through Power 10 winners as well as Award Winners, but only adding a certain amount at a time.

I just wanted to get all your thoughts on things too - felt I may as well put it out there for us all to discuss.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like that idea, would be better to have a wide range of feds to choose from.

*CREDIT TO FRESH PRINCE*

vCash
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the two and a half years that I've been around the best feds that I've read have been RT's second NEW(lost 2012 fed of the year by 1 vote), Radikal's ECW: The Cuban Wrestling Crisis, WMS' NWA Ressurection, TMMW's WCW, T-Money's WPW, and Wrestling MVP's "The Draft Changes Everything". If it weren't for these six feds I don't know if I ever would have been as interested in fan fic in general. Who knows what type of hobby I would have gotten into for the past 2 & 1/2 years. Maybe I'd be a master golfer right now it weren't for you motherfuckers.

Layne is my Green Star Holzhammer's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    It's a bit insulting to see no KWF Feds in the archive.

I also think that an awesome idea to do (with rules) is to have a multi participation fed where we can build the greatest fed ever. As long as we don't take it as a joke (like we always did) and actually post seriously. It could be interesting to see what storylines and champions are made if we all participate. That used to be fun and I remember hearing stories of Holzhammer drenching Stephanie McMahon in Austin and Rocks beer 10 years ago, which I'm sure was written and posted TOPS 10 minutes before he masterbated. it could be fun an this place needs to feel like an alive community instead of a nursing home and a rehab center. No offense to anyone, since I too have had several mental breakdowns and posted about them.

I think it's time to bring fun to this place and we always do drafts and WMS/PI always win.

Just tossing shit to the wall while taking a shit in Disney.
    I'd just like to set the record straight: I did not write that Stephanie McMahon horseshit. The main site of ProWrestling.com (not the forum) used to have a 'Fantasy' section where fan fiction was posted before the Fan Fiction forum was created. There was an overarching organisation called RFI ('Room For Improvement') that contained a WWF, WCW and ECW federation in the same universe (i.e. different wrestlers, and some interaction between the feds). There was a heel stable in ECW called Hydra, led by Eric Bischoff (because why the fuck not) and it had The Rock, Steve Austin and Vader in it (all ECW legends, naturally) and a couple of others whose names elude me at the moment. And, it being ECW (as well as it probably being written by a teenager brimming with hormones), there were a lot of women in there and the writer spent as much time on details about what those women were wearing and how it made their asses and tits look, as on matches. Stephanie McMahon was one of the face divas. She was beaten down by Hydra (again, because why the fuck not) and Hydra was celebrating with Austin having beers and whatnot. And then they came with the bright idea to rip Stephanie's top off and consequently go into a paragraph describing her exposed breasts. Austin poured beered onto Stephanie's chest and The Rock lapped it up and vice versa. It was uncomfortable to read. And they did it again the next show. I think that time it also had Stacy Keibler. Oh, and when Hydra invaded WCW at one point, Bischoff confronted Paul Heyman (WCW president) and shot him. Shot him.

I felt it necessary to clarify because in no way do I want to be associated with that kind of disturbing filth. (I'd also like to add that I masturbate after writing erotica.)

Last Call

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You DID write for RFI though, did you not?

Layne is my Green Star Holzhammer's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I wrote for FWA. RFI was pumping out six shows a week (of dubious quality, but that aside), and because it was such a success and more people wanted to write, RFI decided to start another organisation they called FWA. FWA would also have three federations (I believe it was WWF, WCW and XPW) with one show a week. The Fan Fiction forum didn't exist yet, and I had only recently started writing fan fiction for myself. Being able to 'publish' my own fan fiction online seemed like a lot of fun, so I applied for a position and they made me assistant writer of XPW a few weeks into it. That only lasted two or three months before the head writer disappeared and no one replied to e-mails about what to do next. I checked the forums again (which I never did at that time), and suddenly there was Fan Fiction. A few months later, a new XPW show was up with some random chaotic brawling and it ended with the screen going static, and that was the end of XPW. It wasn't even written by the original head writer. It was too bad he disappeared, because he was a nice guy.

I'd like to add the things I did with XPW were rather shit. It was mainly limited to the head writer telling me to write a match with these guys, it had to be X pages in length and that guy needed to win. It was fun, though, despite me not being a fan of that style at all, so I just came up with the craziest bumps I could imagine and hope that'd make it 'hardcore'. Ah, the old days... When everything was either embarrassing or shit -- or both.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Holzhammer View Post
    Oh, and when Hydra invaded WCW at one point, Bischoff confronted Paul Heyman (WCW president) and shot him. Shot him.

I felt it necessary to clarify because in no way do I want to be associated with that kind of disturbing filth. (I'd also like to add that I masturbate after writing erotica.)
    Oh God.

@SaveUsWP

Quote Originally Posted by RT
    "Will is so British, I don't even believe he is British. He just fits the stereotype so well, it's ridiculous."

Franchise's WWE Network Franchise's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bumping the Bump here but Is there any follow up to more Feds getting recognised in the archive?

Thread Information