Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *POTENTIAL SPOILER* Regarding HOF

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

Default *POTENTIAL SPOILER* Regarding HOF

- "Several sources are reporting that the late Bam Bam Bigelow is being considered for induction into the WWE Hall of Fame this year. Other names being talked about recently for induction include Bob Backlund, Trish Stratus and Mr. T."

prowrestling.com

With Foley already being announced on wwe.com Friday, do you think these mentioned could possibly fill out the HOF card?
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Default Re: *POTENTIAL SPOILER* Regarding HOF

For some reason I read Buff Bagwell and not Bam Bam Bigelow when I opened this thread. I was ready to rant. Bigelow certainly deserves it, however. Mr. T is one of the few celebs that should definitely be in and Backlund and Trish are no brainers.

My only thought is that if it is Foley, and all those rumoured names turn out to be true, it would be a great HOF!

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Now that's a good supporting class.

I could see Bret Hart inducting Backlund, Lita inducting Stratus, Sylvester Stallone inducting Mr. T, and Big Show inducting Bam Bam.

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."

I would LOVE to see Butterbean inducted just because of personal ties and I'm already gonna be there..
    BUT, I can definitely see why they would induct Mr. T with it being at the Garden.

Side note: Trish Stratuuuuus
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Banned

I would mark out if Hulk Hogan inducted Mr T.

Quote Originally Posted by spear View Post
    I would mark out if Hulk Hogan inducted Mr T.
    Fat chance. Chances are Sly Stallone would be the one to do it. Since Mr. T co-starred with Sly in Rocky III.

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CM Punk'd View Post
    Fat chance. Chances are Sly Stallone would be the one to do it. Since Mr. T co-starred with Sly in Rocky III.
    Yeah your right. Though if hulk wasn't in TNA they would be a big chance off Hogan inducting Mr T since they headlined wrestlemania and they were both in the same Rocky movie together.

I'm a big Trish Stratus fan, in fact she's my favorite WWE diva of all time so I'd love to she her go into the WWE Hall of Fame this year.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

I'm sure Stallone would induct him. Maybe Piper.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Quote Originally Posted by BestInThe205 View Post
    I'm sure Stallone would induct him. Maybe Piper.
    DAMN, I forgot about Piper. I forgot these two boxed each other at Wrestlemania 2.

Banned

Piper and Mr. T didn't get along so well back then and Piper still takes just about every chance he can to talk trash about T, which I think is rather classless of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
    Piper and Mr. T didn't get along so well back then and Piper still takes just about every chance he can to talk trash about T, which I think is rather classless of him.
    Always has to be Mr. Controversy..
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

im actually a bit ashamed this didnt occur to me. bam bam is from right there in jersey and he sure has hell deserves the recognition. and ive read vince even paid for his funeral.

this must happen.
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

Banned

I heard they are going to delay Vaders induction because he beat up Harley race awhile back. To be honest if savage and warrior don't get in I would like to see earthquake as a co headliner

We need some tag teams and managers, I want Gary Hart and Demolition or The Bushwhackers.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Quote Originally Posted by spladle125 View Post
    I heard they are going to delay Vaders induction because he beat up Harley race awhile back. To be honest if savage and warrior don't get in I would like to see earthquake as a co headliner
    Patting eachother on the back hard as a joke =/= beating someone up.

"I am Ultimate Warrior. You are the ultimate warrior fans. And the spirit of Ultimate Warrior will run forever"
    R.I.P. Warrior

Save Us

How is Backlund not in already? His 2,135 day WWF title reign makes CM Punk's run look like nothing!
    "If you ever had your "moon-salted" you'd know how painful that could be!" Bobby "The Brain" Heenan
    PSN ID: Jessd76

Currently playing:
    Gran Turismo 6
    Grand Theft Auto V
    Call of Duty: Ghosts

Quote Originally Posted by Huge Y2J Fan View Post
    How is Backlund not in already? His 2,135 day WWF title reign makes CM Punk's run look like nothing!
    he's not officially retired and feels (SOMEHOW!) he has one more "run" left in him.

yeah
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

Laugh now... we'll all see who's laughing come Rumble time....

- WWE officials had talks last week about inducting either DX or The Kliq – Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall and Sean Waltman, as one group, into the WWE Hall of Fame this year. It’s not confirmed that they will go in but it was definitely talked about over the last week.

Bob Backlund was at WWE headquarters in Stamford last week. WWE wants to induct Backlund this year but word is that he has not yet accepted the invite.

Regarding Bruno Sammartino, word within WWE over the last week is they hope to reach out to Bruno again to ask him about being inducted this year. One source believes Triple H is planning to offer to personally travel to Pittsburgh to meet with Bruno.

With all the names floating around for possible induction this year, it’s safe to say nobody is confirmed yet except for Mick Foley. We noted yesterday that Kamala may be the next name announced.
    http://www.wrestlenewz.com/wrestling...hof-talk-more/

Only problem I see with this is that I expect Triple H and Kevin Nash to be inducted on their own merit first, then as The Kliq. As much as I hate Nash, I wouldn't mind if he went in, maybe with Scott Hall as the nWo/Outsiders in 2013, and then Triple H can go in by himself in 2014, and then Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Road Dogg, Billy Gunn, and X-Pac can go in as DX in 2015.

Boo-tista? How about Daniel Boo-ryan!

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    http://www.wrestlenewz.com/wrestling...hof-talk-more/

Only problem I see with this is that I expect Triple H and Kevin Nash to be inducted on their own merit first, then as The Kliq. As much as I hate Nash, I wouldn't mind if he went in, maybe with Scott Hall as the nWo/Outsiders in 2013, and then Triple H can go in by himself in 2014, and then Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Road Dogg, Billy Gunn, and X-Pac can go in as DX in 2015.
    Agreed. Triple H needs to get in first before they do any group induction.

All these names sound great, but what about Jake "The Snake" Roberts and Rick Rude? They both made a name for themselves in the NY/NJ Area with the WWE.

I want JBL in the Hall of Fame personally. He'd be a great second headliner for the HoF this year if they don't get Bruno.

Boo-tista? How about Daniel Boo-ryan!

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    I want JBL in the Hall of Fame personally. He'd be a great second headliner for the HoF this year if they don't get Bruno.
    That's a good one. Guys I'd like to see and ones that make sense to go along with what WWE wants:

Mick Foley
    Bob Backlund - Headlined many MSG shows as Champion
    Bam Bam
    King Kong Bundy
    JBL - NY based character and lives there
    Booker T - Billed from Harlem
    Jake Roberts - Apart of many big shows at MSG, as well as the DDT vs. Rude Awakening match
    Demolition - Won Tag Title in NJ at WM 4

All of these guys are connected to the NY/NJ Area.

Mick Foley is premature in my opinion.
    Bring back the fourth wall

Thread Information