Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open Letter: End of my TNA fandome

Default Open Letter: End of my TNA fandome

I was a TNA fan until Thursday night. I started following TNA in 2003 when I first saw results for TNA ppv on NODQ.com. For Christmas that year I got my first dvd, Best of the X-Division the original (not the one that was released through Best Buy later on.) I was really getting into TNA with the DVD and then the Fox Sports Net era of iMPACT. Through 2007, I followed TNA religiously and then again off and on until this summer. Starting this summer, I watched TNA regularly mainly due to Aries and Aces & Eights.

That is until this past Thursday. This past Thursday, TNA dropped the ball. I have hated the Bully Ray-Brooke angle since it started. When she was saved by Bully Ray (who came in from the entrance) after being abducted by Aces & Eights (despite being SUSPENDED last week.) After that Hogan came in and Bully admitted his love for Brooke and that he was going to marry her.

I have sat through many wrestling weddings angles both dumb and enjoyable but this takes the cake as the worst I have ever seen. The pairing of Brooke and Bully Ray makes no sense at all. Their relationship was never explained and happened in two months. Two months and two people get married? Is this Vegas? Vince Russo was a better booker than this.

As of Thursday, I am done caring for TNA. They can fall into a pit for all I care. I feel bad for the talent that I enjoy like Austin Aries, AJ Styles, Bully Ray, Samoa Joe, James Storm, Rob Van Dam, DOC, Knoxx, Sting and Bobby Roode that I wont watch them anymore. However I do not want my intelligence insulted by watching dreck that I would have booked as six year old fan with my Hasbro WWF wrestling action figures.

I am posting this not to start a flame war but just as a former fan disgusted in what TNA became. I am done caring about a product I loved back in 2003-2006 and enjoyed up til Hogan's arrival. I feel total apathy about the TNA product now and there is little they can do to bring me back in as a fan.

Default Re: Open Letter: End of my TNA fandome

I remember my first "I'm done with TNA" moment. It was when Roode lost to Angle at BFG. I just gave up and took a few months off. That's all people need every now and then: a little break. Recharge your TNA batteries, accept that this company is run by morons, learn to watch with zero expectations of quality programming, and come back in a little while. Watching the shows won't be easier, but you won't get as frustrated, and they'll even pleasantly surprise you from time to time.

What up?

Of all the dumb shit TNA has done over the years, this is what threw you over the edge??
    I got em waiting on the news like Iím Cronkite

#IndependenceDayIsWar Franchise's Avatar

Have you ever thought, hmmm this storyline may be going somewhere?

Now I've watched TNA from 2002 to this date and I still enjoy the product. The product and the company have grown tremendously in that time while changed through the years. I can admit there has been moments when I've watched something and thought what the hell are they doing and those moments were very awkward and trouble to watch. But every single week there is always going to be something you love on the show, and hate on the show.

For me the most recent was the Claire Lynch/AJ Styles angle which was probably more down to the fact Claire couldn't act to save herself. I could have said fuck this, I'll just watch something else but you forget that when it comes to the wrestling business there is more than just the television product.

Knowing your TNA history you'll know that on PPVs we see some great wrestling action/matches (especially if Kurt Angle is involved) and if you've ever been to a live show they are 100x better than what you see on TV. I've been to the TNA house shows in Glasgow, Scotland every year they have been over here and without a doubt they are the best wrestling events I've seen.

Before you stop watching remember that coming up very soon we are going to be seeing four weekly Impact Wrestling's from the UK and if memory serves me right, those shows and how they come across on TV have been in the top echelon of shows in Impact/Impact Wrestling history.

It is up to you, but to stop being a fan of the product entirely (over one story) is a bit of a hasty decision and to me it dents your credibility as a fan, no offense. After all if you don't like something you can always flick the channel to football or something, then flick back in 10-15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan M.D. View Post
    Of all the dumb shit TNA has done over the years, this is what threw you over the edge??
    I agree, this was the boiling point?! AJ Styles & Claire Lynch was the worst in TNA history.

The Cunt Of Personality GetReady2Fly's Avatar

I sort of like the Bully/Brooke storyline.

Red rep, hate mail and death threats go to the usual address.

Quote Originally Posted by KB View Post
    I agree, this was the boiling point?! AJ Styles & Claire Lynch was the worst in TNA history.
    As far as Im concerned this is equally as bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    I remember my first "I'm done with TNA" moment. It was when Roode lost to Angle at BFG. I just gave up and took a few months off. That's all people need every now and then: a little break. Recharge your TNA batteries, accept that this company is run by morons, learn to watch with zero expectations of quality programming, and come back in a little while. Watching the shows won't be easier, but you won't get as frustrated, and they'll even pleasantly surprise you from time to time.
    EXACTLY. I've been watching since the weekly PPV days, and I've had to take a couple of two month breaks from the show (Admittedly, all since Hogan and Bischoff took charge, but I digress..). It comes with wrestling. It's a hit or miss business. WWE's had their fair share of shitty storylines. Just gotta refresh yourself, maybe check out another wrestling promotion for a while, and check in semi-regularly to see if it's safe to pop back in to the TNA bus.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Im pretty sure the Bully/Brooke thing is going to lead to a Hulk/Bully confrontation and possibly more involving Aces and 8s. Perhaps Hogan lightens up to Bully over time and then the turn on Hogan. It writes itself.

They didn't just get married on TV because.

Banner Credit: Spike

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nichols View Post
    Im pretty sure the Bully/Brooke thing is going to lead to a Hulk/Bully confrontation and possibly more involving Aces and 8s. Perhaps Hogan lightens up to Bully over time and then the turn on Hogan. It writes itself.

They didn't just get married on TV because.
    Seriously, none of that makes it any better.
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Then you will not be satisfied and like the OP you should stop watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nichols View Post
    Then you will not be satisfied and like the OP you should stop watching.
    I'm not as of last week, and that was my decision to make thank you kindly.

Anyway, not much good can come out of this storyline considering somehow it will have something to do with Aces and Eights and at this point that's not a good thing. That storyline went south a long time ago. If they had a leader they should have already revealed it. If not, what the hell is going on? What is the point of all this at this point?

Why is the world title feud about the two guys chasing and has almost nothing to do with Hardy at this point?

I could ask 100 questions.

Someone said earlier in the thread that you have to take breaks from TNA periodically and they're right. Sometimes they get so bad and nonsensical that you have no choice but to. I'm going to check back a few weeks after The next PPV to see if things are making more sense.
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Personally I've always hated wedding angles in wrestling.
    I hated it when Paul Vachon married Ophelia
    I hated it when Uncle Elmer married Joyce
    I hated it when Randy Savage married Elizabeth
    I hated it when Stephanie McMahon married The Undertaker
    I hated it when Stephanie McMahon married Test
    I hated it when Stephanie McMahon married Triple H (the first time)
    I hated it when Stacy Keibler married David Flair
    I hated it when Stephanie McMahon married Triple H (the second time)
    I hated it when Billy Gunn married Chuck Palumbo
    I hated it when Al Wilson married Dawn Marie
    I hated it when Mike Kruel married Becky Bayless
    I hated it when Kane married Lita
    I hated it when Buff E. married Mace Mendoza
    I hated it when Edge married Lita
    I hated it when "Cowboy" Jack Durango married Adrenelyn
    I hated it when Teddy Long married Kristal Marshall
    I hated it when Kurt Angle married Karen Angle (vow renewals)
    I hated it when Jay Lethal married So Cal Val
    I hated it when Edge married Vickie Guerrero
    I hated it when Goldust married Aksana
    I hated it when Maxine married Johnny Curtis
    I hated it when Eric Young married ODB
    I hated it when Bryan Danielson married AJ

And I'm gonna hate when Bully Ray marries Brooke.

Sadly, wedding angles are used in wrestling. It's something we just have to hold our breath and try to get through.
    Last edited by The_Boss; 01-12-2013 at 05:33 PM.

Some wedding angles made sense, others didn't. It depends on the personalities of those involved.

Aces & Eights is fine. I wish the person would come out already. I don't see Devon as a legit leader of it.

The main problem is the Brooke-Bully angle. It has gone too fast. Barely two months ago, they just got caught. NOW they are getting married? At least Test & Stephanie were going to get married 4 months after Test first asked her out. Boss most of the other weddings that you mentioned (forgetting ODB-Young) was a part of an established storyline or was a transition. Edge-Lita was to mock Kane. Kane-Lita was due to Kane being the father of Lita's baby. Al Wilson was a part of the larger Torrie-Dawn feud. Maxine-Curtis was to further the love triangle and deceptive nature of Dirty Curty. AJ-Bryan was to put AJ in a mental hospital but AJ said no ultimately. Young-ODB and Stacy-Flair were the only ones with no pay off. Though Stacy-Flair did have a pretty good build up to the actual angle (for WCW 2000.)

The problem is the angle. Bully Ray is secretly dating Brooke AFTER winning over Hogan with the Aces & Eights fights. Hogan is told what is happening by Austin Aries who by the way Hogan didn't trust at the point and he believes Aries over Bully after winning him over? So Hogan suspends Bully Ray and next week Brooke gets abducted while waiting for Bully Ray to pick her up. Bully Ray runs in for the save FROM THE STAGE (while he is suspended.)

Anyone else see the insane stupidity in the angle?

Bully gained Sting's but never gained Hogan's trust. There's been times where he's warmed up to him, but never completely. And why must their relationships be explained? It's been pretty much self explanatory, (over the past two months or so) they were keeping their relationship secret, probably because they know Hulk does not approve of Bully. The wedding angle is stupid, but that's the kind of stuff that happens in pro wrestling. I think its a dumb storyline, (cringe worthy at times) but some people are acting like that is the only thing going on in TNA. It is only one of multiple angles on the show.

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

But the problem is that this overshadows EVERYTHING ELSE.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Styles View Post
    Bully gained Sting's but never gained Hogan's trust. There's been times where he's warmed up to him, but never completely. And why must their relationships be explained? It's been pretty much self explanatory, (over the past two months or so) they were keeping their relationship secret, probably because they know Hulk does not approve of Bully. The wedding angle is stupid, but that's the kind of stuff that happens in pro wrestling. I think its a dumb storyline, (cringe worthy at times) but some people are acting like that is the only thing going on in TNA. It is only one of multiple angles on the show.
    The problem is the only other movie that is somewhat there is Aces & Eights but it is not the same as it was when they finally got in the ring. The problem is the Bully Brooke angle is just the big angle now and got in there. If it was just a thing to Aries used to get dirt on Bully because he was getting up in the world title picture through the Bound for Glory Series and then the Aces & Eights feud. However it became real off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    A lot of people left with the Roode BFG fiasco and never came back, though. Just look at the ratings afterwards. Even when TNA was good from early to mid 2012, the ratings overall sucked and were weaker than in 2011.

Grumpy Old Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by The_Boss View Post
    Personally I've always hated wedding angles in wrestling.
    I hated it when Paul Vachon married Ophelia
    I hated it when Uncle Elmer married Joyce
    I hated it when Randy Savage married Elizabeth
    I hated it when Stephanie McMahon married The Undertaker
    I hated it when Stephanie McMahon married Test
    I hated it when Stephanie McMahon married Triple H (the first time)
    I hated it when Stacy Keibler married David Flair
    I hated it when Stephanie McMahon married Triple H (the second time)
    I hated it when Billy Gunn married Chuck Palumbo
    I hated it when Al Wilson married Dawn Marie
    I hated it when Mike Kruel married Becky Bayless
    I hated it when Kane married Lita
    I hated it when Buff E. married Mace Mendoza
    I hated it when Edge married Lita
    I hated it when "Cowboy" Jack Durango married Adrenelyn
    I hated it when Teddy Long married Kristal Marshall
    I hated it when Kurt Angle married Karen Angle (vow renewals)
    I hated it when Jay Lethal married So Cal Val
    I hated it when Edge married Vickie Guerrero
    I hated it when Goldust married Aksana
    I hated it when Maxine married Johnny Curtis
    I hated it when Eric Young married ODB
    I hated it when Bryan Danielson married AJ

And I'm gonna hate when Bully Ray marries Brooke.

Sadly, wedding angles are used in wrestling. It's something we just have to hold our breath and try to get through.
    You forgot Eric Young and ODB.

No he didn't I see it right there, see it now?

TNA lost me ages ago. I check the reports on pw.net every so often, but really, until they move out of the Impact Zone and look like a 'big' wrestling promotion I'm not interested in following them. Even the biggest angles with the best build up would look average in the Impact zone because the crowd is just lame and the overall arena size is simply too small, no matter what tricks they use to make it look bigger.

Saying that, I don't watch WWE either, so it's not like it's just TNA or that their bush-league appearance is the only reason I don't watch the product. Creatively wrestling has been in a bit of a hole for ages now. Even when things briefly interest me (Nexus, A&8's) both companies do all they can to ruin those angles sharpish.

I thought the build-up to WM was good last year, am hoping that with the Rock coming back (and maybe Taker?) in WWE that might spark my interest again for a couple of months. Can't think of anything TNA could do whilst they stagnate in the Impact Zone to make me watch.

"I've seen a million people die, it's up to us to stop the war."

I watch TNA just because.... I'll never stop, its wrestling, and I love wrestling. It entertains me, even at its shittest. Could it be better? Yeah. But hey ho.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan M.D. View Post
    co-signed..

there's been way worse shit than this.
    --

i'll never be truly done with TNA...I just love it too much and love most of their roster too much.
    ---

and who could hate TripleH and Steph? they were THE power couple of wrestling. Steph got so much heat..i never in my life thought a woman could make a crowd hate them so fucking much. God I love her. They were epic together, imo. No other couple comes close.

If someone hates you for no reason, give that fucker a reason. banner by My friend Sticky
    Quote Originally Posted by Ness
    Just remember that women don't want a guy who is a pussy. They already have one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadOchoCinco
    Opinions are like orgasms... mine is the most important n I really don't care about yours...

How could anyone hate Savage marrying Elizabeth? That's just plain inhuman. But pretty much every other wedding angle has sucked. I hate to even ask this question but what's the over/under on how many episodes of Impact until we find out Brooke's pregnant? You know, cause pregnancy angles in wrestling have the same success rate as wedding angles.

I'm not giving up on TNA but I really hate this storyline. I've always hated hulk hogan. I've never liked Bully Ray. Not in ECW, not in WWE and not in TNA. I think Brooke Hogan is an all around waste of time. More times than not, TNA does make it difficult to be a fan. I never watch it on Thursday night. I record it and watch Impact during the weekend, while I'm drinking. But I still keep watching.

Banned

Follow-up question: Have you watched TNA since making this post?

Thread Information