Thread: Let's talk about GENESIS, man

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

Default Let's talk about GENESIS, man

There's a PPV coming... Why not talk about it? Huh? Whaddaya say?

TNA GENESIS PPV
    TRIPLE THREAT MATCH FOR THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
    Austin Aries vs. Jeff Hardy (c) vs. Bobby Roode

WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
    Matt Morgan & Joey Ryan vs. Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez

D.O.C. from Aces & Eights vs. "The Icon" Sting

Christopher Daniels vs. "Cowboy" James Storm

FINALS OF THE X TOURNAMENT
    Kenny King vs. Christian York

X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
    Tournament Winner vs. Rob Van Dam

Devon (TV Champion) vs. Joseph Park

Knockouts Gauntlet Match for the #1 Contender
    Gail Kim vs. ODB vs. Miss Tessmacher vs. Mickie James vs. Velvet Sky
    My thoughts:

-I wonder how Velvet Sky earned that spot in the #1 Contender's Match...? She better not win it...

Anyways, since Gail is a heel... ODB never gets anything... and Tessmacher already had so many shots... I'm gonna go with Mickie James. This match has no real storyline, does it?

-Park sort of has to beat D-von, doesn't he? I mean, after all that buildup he has to win his first match to prove Hogan wrong, right? Eh, it will probably end with a clusterfuck... leading to a DQ win... and then Park transforming into the Hulk and clearing the ring.

-Since we're probably gonna get a Kenny/RVD rematch... I'm guessing King goes over York dirty... That sounds a little nasty.

-There's no way Kenny will go over RVD... I think. Well, if RVD is gonna face Lynn on that Xtravaganza show... he really doesn't need the Title... Hmm? I don't know.

-Is it too early for AJ to return and fuck over Storm? 'Cause I'm thinking that would be the only way Storm would ever lose to Daniels. So, Storm all the way, in my opinion.

-Since Sting easily destroyed Mike Knox in seconds... He pretty much has to kill DOC within a couple of minutes... It's a given.

-In a perfect world, Matt and Joey would win the Tag Titles... But since we don't live in a perfect world, LAX 2.0 will probably retain. Although, I'd love to be proven wrong on this one.

-Since Jeff Hardy is Jeff Hardy... I think he's gonna retain. I can't really think of any reason why he wouldn't.

Wait a minute... 1... 2... 8 matches? That seems a bit excessive. Oh, I guess that means they'll be burning through some of these with the quickness... I don't like that.

Default Re: Let's talk about GENESIS, man

Not the most exciting card. When Aces and 8s jobbers are facing TNA stars, it feels like when Hogan and the WCW stars used to fight the Dungeon of Doom with various misfits/monsters spread over the card. You had Hogan facing Earthquake, Sting facing Kamala and Macho facing "The Butcher" Beekcake. Crap TNA has really become WCW 1994! I see only 2 Aces and 8s matchs but I would not be surpised if down the line you have Hogan facing one guy, Sting facing one guy and Angle facing another, the usual 3-matchs Dungeon of Doom requirement.

The Hardy match, I presume he'll keep the belt since he is sadly now TNA's John Cena but keeping with the logic of their storyline, I would like if both Roode and Aries win the belt, becoming co-owners.

TNA GENESIS PPV
    TRIPLE THREAT MATCH FOR THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
    Matt Morgan & Joey Ryan vs. Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez

D.O.C. from Aces & Eights vs. "The Icon" Sting

FINALS OF THE X TOURNAMENT
    Kenny King vs. Christian York

X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
    Tournament Winner vs. Rob Van Dam

Devon (TV Champion) vs. Joseph Park

Knockouts Gauntlet Match for the #1 Contender
    Gail Kim vs. ODB vs. Miss Tessmacher vs. Mickie James vs. Velvet Sky
    I'll be honest here, I don't watch a lot of TNA however that's because of my schedule rather than their product. Genisis PPV seems a little lackluster in terms of star power and build-up as there is really only two matches on the card I'm interested in watching.

1. TRIPLE THREAT MATCH FOR THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

2. SINGLES MATCH

For the TNA Heavyweight Championship Match I'd really like to see Roode win, even Aries would be decent if for no other reason than to get rid of Jeff's version of the Heavyweight Title Belt - (Man I think it's ugly) - However most likely Jeff will retain as it seems TNA is going to use Jeff the same way Punk is used by WWE. Next match is James Storm and Christopher Daniels where after a bunch of near falls and some interference, Storm finally picks up the win via super kick. The rest of the card I really don't care about.

Franchise&GCBRollinITBack Franchise's Avatar

The main event seems to be more about Roode and Aries getting one over each other rather than about taking the belt from Hardy so it seems like Hardy will retain. I can see Aries and Roode continuing their feud though it will be difficult to follow unless they both remain heel as a heel v heel feud would be fresh.

Also what's interesting is the fact that the next in line for a title shot would seem to be the winner from Daniels and Storm. So whatever happens in that match should set up the world title picture. I'm not digging the Jeff Hardy title run but the fans on TV and at house shows seem to love him so I would predict a Jeff Hardy and Christopher Daniels win with Aries or Roode beating each other and leading to Hardy's victory. (although the plan above of a double title win of Aries and Roode would be good).

Matt Morgan really needs to break free from Joey Ryan. Matt Morgan can be a monster heel in TNA but he needs to break free and destroy people. I hope that Chavo and Hernandez (accompanied by the spirit of Eddie) go over Ryan/Morgan with Morgan destroying Ryan afterwards.

DOC/Sting? Aces & Eights really needs to gain credibility back and very soon if they are to remain threatening but Sting's on the revenge warpath so it'll be a Sting win.

I can also see King/RVD continuing their feud but I still think there is a lot more chasing for the title Kenny can do so I'm predicting and booking RVD to retain the title.

The Predator

Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post
    Wait a minute... 1... 2... 8 matches? That seems a bit excessive. Oh, I guess that means they'll be burning through some of these with the quickness... I don't like that.
    You would think from doing so many forum championship predictions that 8 matches is normal for a PPV...pretty much all of them have 8....not really that excessive at all.
    [IMG][/IMG]

TNA FORUM CHAMPIONSHIP
    Forum Champion (8x); X (5x); Internet (1x); Tag Team Champion (11, 1x w/RZ, 1x w/Star, 3x w/badfish, 1x w/gycax, 5x w/Y2JFan)
    5x...Triple Crown Champ (Forum/X/Tag)
    1x...Grand Slam Champ (Forum/X/Internet/Tag)
    RECORDS:
    SINGLE TITLE: Most PPVs (23 PPVs as Tag); Most Reigns (11 Tag); Longest Reign (X,Tag 6 PPVs)
    OVERALL: Most PPVs (multiple titles/PPV=multiple PPVs) as champion (62); Most title reigns (25)

Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post
    -I wonder how Velvet Sky earned that spot in the #1 Contender's Match...? She better not win it...

Anyways, since Gail is a heel... ODB never gets anything... and Tessmacher already had so many shots... I'm gonna go with Mickie James. This match has no real storyline, does it?
    Actually I wouldn't be all that surprised to see Velvet Sky win the match and slowly start a feud with Tara over the knockout's title going into the Lockdown PPV in March but that's just me.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

I'm actually interested in this ppv & I may even buy it , (but probably not because I can usually find them free online)... But the Main Event interests me but I'll get too pissed off if Hardy retains the belt , I'll be going for either of his opponents... & I'm a BIG Christian York fan & I'm hoping he gets through King , which he should & go on to beat RVD for the X belt... ..

Quote Originally Posted by kovu rex View Post
    You would think from doing so many forum championship predictions that 8 matches is normal for a PPV...pretty much all of them have 8....not really that excessive at all.
    Really? Well then, I guess you can tell how much attention I pay to the amount of matches TNA typically has on their PPV's... Anyways, why is 6 the magic number in my head when it comes to PPV matches? Who trained me to think that?

The only possible way they can get me watching again right now is:

-Put the title on Bobby Roode. I don't care about Jeff Hardy, and I don't dig Aries much at all. But that's not going to happen we all know that so there's one more thing they can do....

- Take the title off of RVD, he really has not been very good to me and I don't want to see him with a belt. Or even chasing one.

If they do one of these two things I'll be satisfied enough to tune in again.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Quote Originally Posted by F. View Post
    The main event seems to be more about Roode and Aries getting one over each other rather than about taking the belt from Hardy so it seems like Hardy will retain. I can see Aries and Roode continuing their feud though it will be difficult to follow unless they both remain heel as a heel v heel feud would be fresh.

Also what's interesting is the fact that the next in line for a title shot would seem to be the winner from Daniels and Storm. So whatever happens in that match should set up the world title picture. I'm not digging the Jeff Hardy title run but the fans on TV and at house shows seem to love him so I would predict a Jeff Hardy and Christopher Daniels win with Aries or Roode beating each other and leading to Hardy's victory. (although the plan above of a double title win of Aries and Roode would be good).
    Dude, don't bring my hopes up so much, a Hardy-Daniels feud with the payoff of having Daniels win the strap would be too great to mention.

Matt Morgan really needs to break free from Joey Ryan. Matt Morgan can be a monster heel in TNA but he needs to break free and destroy people. I hope that Chavo and Hernandez (accompanied by the spirit of Eddie) go over Ryan/Morgan with Morgan destroying Ryan afterwards.
    Naa it's more important for The Mexicans to lose the belts. They are so lame. Morgan can easily act as a monster down the line.

Dixie Carter announced on her twitter that the winner of tonight's match between James Storm and Christopher Daniels will get a title shot on the 1/24 edition of Impact Wrestling.
    And the teasing of Daniels fans continues...
    Fanny Pack Wrestling Podcast---saving the world from the WWE Malaise, one episode at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    Roman Reigns becomes champion for the first time before Bryan wins the title again? I'll get in on that action.

With my PW Career. Bryan wins the title again before Roman, I'm gone.

So, does that mean AJ is coming back soon? Can't wait?

Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butters' Pitt View Post
    Dude, don't bring my hopes up so much, a Hardy-Daniels feud with the payoff of having Daniels win the strap would be too great to mention.
    You're getting your hopes up a tiny bit. You should know better.

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

Former 2-time TNA Tag Team Champion and 3-time TNA X-Division Champion
    2010 PW Healthiest Poster....2010 NCAA Poster of the Year

So I guess this is gonna be the official TNA Genesis party thread then.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

If this isn't the official party, I've got the other thread up. Just let me know!
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    And the teasing of Daniels fans continues...

These guys are reading my posts!

Seriously Daniels win on Impact Wrestling then go on to face Suicide at Lockdown for the belt.

i feel honored...
    your talking about...
    meeeee....

do i get....
    a cherry red ferrari....
    for freeeeee.....

lol....
    Former TNA Internet Champion
    Former Half of The TNA Forum Tag Champions
    This Is No Fucking You There Is Only Me
    (Enter Ring Alone) Music: Nine Inch Nails : Only