Thread: RAW 20th Anniversary Celebration thread (all things about the legendary franchise)

Default RAW 20th Anniversary Celebration thread (all things about the legendary franchise)

Since we're days away from the 20th anniversary show of the company's longest running broadcast in history I thought it would be fitting to reminisce, analyze, and ask questions about everyone's thoughts on Monday Night Raw.

My first two questions are would Monday Night RAW be as successful if it wasn't for Nitro?

What was your first exposure to Monday Night wrestling? Was it Prime Time Wrestling, Monday Night Raw, or Monday Nitro and which episode?
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Default Re: RAW 20th Anniversary Celebration thread (all things about the legendary franchise

1. I don't think RAW would be as successful because it took WCW's rise to get McMahon's creative juices going again.

2. My first experience watching RAW was September '93. I watched the Intercontinental Championship Battle Royal, and I enjoyed it.

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."

Default Re: RAW 20th Anniversary Celebration thread (all things about the legendary franchise

http://www.wwe.com/videos/the-first-...-1993-26038102
    The first ever RAW!!

Remember when Monday Night RAW tried to battle Monday Night Football which was crazy

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

- Stamford Advocate.com has a new Associated Press story from writer Dan Gelston who wrote about the WWE Raw 20th Anniversary Show.

Gelston wrote: "There's nothing on TV quite like the promotion's flagship show, the one that rocketed Austin and Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson into stardom, shook the wresting industry out of its staid Saturday morning ways, and filled highlight reels for 20 years with over-the-top personalities, eye-popping feats, total silliness, outrageous story lines, and memorable matches — with so much more yet to come."

The story also includes some quotes from the likes of John Cena, C.M. Punk, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley, and others. Paul Heyman also revealed when he realized wrestling moved into a new era. He states: "We were editing the ECW television show. We had 'Nitro' on one monitor and 'Raw,' on the other. When I saw Steve (confront) Mike Tyson, I realized we have entered into a new era and Steve Austin is leading the way."

Read more athttp://www.stamfordadvocate.com/spor...rk-4185760.php

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Good article.

This line though: "I'm the voice of the fans," Lawler said. "I just try and react to what I see like most of the fans would."

Yeah.

Credit to Heteroflexible for the banner!
    Find me on Twitter
    Follow my blog

The sad thing is, he probably does react to things like the majority of WWE fans do...

HAYZE

Dr. of Green Thumbanomics theshape31's Avatar

Competition always makes people try harder. So there's no doubt that RAW would never have seen as much success without Nitro.

Prime Time Wrestling was my very first Monday Night wresting experience. It was far too long ago to remember anything about the first episode I saw since I was probably only 7-8 years old. I just remember always having to go somewhere Monday night so I'd have to set the timer on the VCR. And I'd accidentally set it for either the wrong time or station half the time. Technology.

Thread Information