Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Push for ADR

Default Big Push for ADR

The WWE is saying they want to make Alberto Del Rio a bigger star than Rey Myseterio was. Thoughts?

Default Re: Big Push for ADR

he is taller........

He doesn't have the "Sympathy Push" like Rey got, so.... I guess that's a start.
    - Credit: Bender -

Won't even be close. Del Rio will never be as popular, or have the match quality that Rey did.

I don't think this can happen. The people LOVE Rey, they wont have that same feeling towards ADR.

Banner Credit: Spike

I don't understand this at all. But, with all the Mexican stars going down why not.

I can see Ricardo Rodriguez attaining more of a 'Rey Mysterio' love from the fans than ADR.

Put ADR under a mask and have him act like a goofball!

Never gonna happen. He will be long retired before he gets anywhere near where Rey Mysterio was.

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

I don't think anyone realistically believes Berty can be as popular as Rey-Rey, but he can certainly become a major ratings-mover among the Latino base if they handle his face push right. He has all the tools, they've just been stifled by the Juan Bradshaw Layfield character he debuted with. Now that they've turned him face, I fully expect them to slowly transition him away from that character a little (or at least downplay it), which will make him a lot more relatable.

Or, he'll turn heel again in short order by destroying Ricardo worse than Eddie destroyed Rey.
    Last edited by DC; 01-11-2013 at 12:26 AM.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

Banned

I sure hope Del Rio receives the push he show richly (no pun intended) deserves. The man is painfully underrated. I consider him to be most crisp, fluid, interesting, and convincing in-ring performer in the company. I know he can come off as hit or miss on the mic, but I think that is because for a long time creative didn't give him anything interesting to do or say. Del Rio is the man and deserves to be one of the three top guys. No, I am not kidding.

Del Rio is awesome and I am all for a big push.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

ADR has been the guy who consistently loses the most, its gonna take a lot to fix that. I do think hes more interesting as a face, maybe they build him up and he wins the WHC from Big Show during their tour of Mexico-bordered states. I'd be down with that if he did it on Raw. It would be cool if he could make a difference.

As long as ADR has Ricardo by his side he will go over huge in the WWE. It will also be refreshing to see Del Rio makes prominent stars tap out to the cross arm breaker.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Valuable View Post
    As long as ADR has Ricardo by his side he will go over huge in the WWE. It will also be refreshing to see Del Rio makes prominent stars tap out to the cross arm breaker.
    Man, I love how Del Rio has been treating Ricardo like a little brother lately. Richardo has always been convincing in looking up to Del Rio as if he were larger than life. Good to finally see the love reciprocated.

Just for the record, ADR Already had the biggest push I think I've ever seen in the WWE for such a new star, and look where that got him. Just because he's a face doesn't really make that much of a difference in my opinion.
    Wildfire Tommy Rich for WWE HOF 2014

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

I cant see why Del Rio cant be bigger than Rey ever was in terms of being a major force in the WWE.

Rey was always just a spectacular novelty act, the little underdog who does cool moves.

As popular as Rey is especially with kids, he never has been treated all that seriously by the WWE even during his title reign, and that's because he's just too small to ever convincingly beat the big monsters of the WWE.

He was pinned cleanly twice during his first World title run, that tells you how serious they took him.

Del Rio would have no problems beating anyone in legit fashion because he's big enough and has and he even has a moveset that will be easy to convert to face style matches.

He's good looking enough to market and can speak good enough to work face promos, he'll probably be better at face promos than the heel ones.

I think if booked correctly I could see him becoming a bigger success than any Mexican superstars ever.

Yeah I agree he could be bigger than Rey, in drawing power at least. Rey's popularity is different. He's the small guy everybody loves to watch and definitely draws cheers, but not many people actually come to the shows to see him, like they do for Punk, Cena, Eddie Guerrero, HHH, etc. People love him, but most wouldn't be too upset about not seeing him. ADR, on the other hand, if handled right, I can see people actually buying tickets because he is on the card. I had been bored of ADR and wondering when he was going to get released or face turned for a over a year, but now that they have turned him face, I find him a lot more entertaining.

Also remember he was a huge star in Mexico, where he was mostly a face, bigger than Rey I can honestly say and right up there with Eddie Guerrero. So I think he will definitely be a huge Latino draw. Also remember that he is a pure bred Mexican star, Rey isn't. He was born and raised in America. And that plays a major part with most of the Latino fan base. So yeah, I think ADR can draw a lot more than Rey can if handled right. Sin Cara could have too if he didn't botch things up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edynol
    And is telling someone to kill themselves better than flaming homosexuals? Yes. If every bigot killed themselves because someone told them to, I think we would be on the verge of world peace! So I commend Punk for supporting world peace. And anyone against world peace should go kill themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
    Man, I love how Del Rio has been treating Ricardo like a little brother lately. Richardo has always been convincing in looking up to Del Rio as if he were larger than life. Good to finally see the love reciprocated.
    It's like any little brother-big brother situation. I'm sure there are a lot of fans out there that can relate to this.

WWE did push ARD hard before, but having him go under at WM 27 killed his momentum. He went from losing to Edge to losing to Edge's best friend at the next PPV. WWE has had a bad habit of screwing up the WM booking for the Royal Rumble winners, and thus killing their momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by BadNewsFan View Post
    I think if booked correctly I could see him becoming a bigger success than any Mexican superstars ever.
    Maybe as far as WWE goes. Beyond that, he still won't even be the biggest success in his own family.

People seem to forget he's only been in the WWE wrestling for 2 and a half years, was Punk anywhere as huge as since summer of 2011 after being in the WWE for 2 and a half years, no he wasn't and neither were alot of wrestlers, he needs time, we are way too inpatient nowadays wanting to rush talents, ADR has already showed more than enough to convince me he can go on to another level in the next few years and beyond, he's 35 just slightly older than Sheamus who is 35 soon and he's got a bright future ahead of him, so ADR isn't finished yet by a long stretch.

Maybe we're all too impatient of wanting good wrestling these days. I believe that Mysterio was going to retire last year & the contract he signed back 08' or 09', furthermore this is Management's own fault for not thinking that far ahead. They should've look down in Mexico for more than they had at the time.

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

I don't see Berty passing Rey, but.. who knows?

I'm just gonna sit back, relax, and watch and enjoy the push.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Reason they are doing this is because ADR has the WWE by the throat since ADR doesn't NEED the WWE and can just bolt and leave and go back to Mexico for wrestling.

Lame move but a smart one...hence why ADR is getting such preferential treatment.

- Justin Valuable

Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

I almost welled up when the ref counted the 10. Always loved the guy even when he was getting a lot of shit on here and I was so happy for him. Hes such a great wrestler and he seems like such a cool guy

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

Maybe he will replace Orton or Sheamus as one of the top faces on smackdown,

Thanks To Hayze

Thread Information