Thread: Change to Gut Check

The Predator

Default Change to Gut Check

Don't remember seeing this anywhere but I may have just missed it...this is from the impactwrestling site

In the Spring of 2012IMPACT WRESTLING brought the TNA Gut Check to Spike TV! This competition sees an aspiring wrestler got a chance to tell his story, have a match and be evaluated with the ultimate goal of earning an IMPACT WRESTLING contract! Alex Silva, Taeler Hendrix, Sam Shaw, Wes Brisco and Christian York have all passed their Gut Checks to earn a spot on the roster. Now, the competition is getting even bigger!

Previously, the TNA Gut Check contestant would wrestle a member of the IMPACT WRESTLING roster in an attempt to impress the judges! Starting on Thursday’s broadcast, TWO Gut Check contestants will compete head-to-head. They will tell their story and face off against each other in the Gut Check match! The judging panel (Sr. VP of Talent Relations Bruce Prichard, Sr. Director of Talent Relations Al Snow, and former Two-Time World Champion Taz) will evaluate both wrestlers performance and give their final verdict on the January 17 IMPACT broadcast.

Tune in Thursday night to find out who these two new TNA Gut Check contestants are and follow their journey!
    I kind of like the idea of two guys competing and possibly getting two new talents...but I still want some new tag teams to be in Gut Check...forget the singles action, revamp the tag division.
    [IMG][/IMG]

TNA FORUM CHAMPIONSHIP
    Forum Champion (8x); X (5x); Internet (1x); Tag Team Champion (11, 1x w/RZ, 1x w/Star, 3x w/badfish, 1x w/gycax, 5x w/Y2JFan)
    5x...Triple Crown Champ (Forum/X/Tag)
    1x...Grand Slam Champ (Forum/X/Internet/Tag)
    RECORDS:
    SINGLE TITLE: Most PPVs (23 PPVs as Tag); Most Reigns (11 Tag); Longest Reign (X,Tag 6 PPVs)
    OVERALL: Most PPVs (multiple titles/PPV=multiple PPVs) as champion (62); Most title reigns (25)

Default Re: Change to Gut Check

Wait... What if both guys suck? Does somebody still get a contract then?

TNA needs some serious work. And to me, it starts with Creative. Yes, it's better than Vince Russo. But really, it's not THAT much better.

I'm not impressed with the new concept behind the TNA Gut Check. A good idea is to have the two guys have a pre-taped interview segment backstage to introduce themselves to the audience. And then those two guys have a match.

TNA needs to get rid of Hulk Hogan. He's not doing anything to help the talent. And if I were in charge of TNA, I'd even let Sting go. Yes, they're icons. But their time is over. TNA needs to put the focus on their younger guys.

The TNA Tag Team division could use some teams. I would love to see a competitive division.

TNA's signature is the X Division.

Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post
    Wait... What if both guys suck? Does somebody still get a contract then?
    No, I don't think so!?

Gotta disagree with you as I believe sting and Hogan are being utilized very well. Now if Hogan clears a ring full of Aces and Eights members by himself using only punches then I will agree with you. The whole Aces/Eights storyline began and will probably end with Sting, however, they haven't been featured in the main event of every Impact. Both WWE and TNA realized the importance of having veterans on the roster as theft draw in older fans who have kids that will eventually become adult fans themselves. It's nothing new as even the old regional promotions use to find a way to use their veterans after their in-ring days were finished.

Sounds interestting

but when the heck is Taeler Hendrix going to come to tv? I miss that redhead

If someone hates you for no reason, give that fucker a reason. banner by My friend Sticky
    Quote Originally Posted by Ness
    Just remember that women don't want a guy who is a pussy. They already have one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadOchoCinco
    Opinions are like orgasms... mine is the most important n I really don't care about yours...

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

Probably when she can work.

Quote Originally Posted by Evans_Aki View Post
    TNA needs some serious work. And to me, it starts with Creative. Yes, it's better than Vince Russo. But really, it's not THAT much better.

I'm not impressed with the new concept behind the TNA Gut Check. A good idea is to have the two guys have a pre-taped interview segment backstage to introduce themselves to the audience. And then those two guys have a match.

TNA needs to get rid of Hulk Hogan. He's not doing anything to help the talent. And if I were in charge of TNA, I'd even let Sting go. Yes, they're icons. But their time is over. TNA needs to put the focus on their younger guys.

The TNA Tag Team division could use some teams. I would love to see a competitive division.

TNA's signature is the X Division.
    You got all of that out of your system. Good job.

Anyway, what's the point of having judges if the two competitors have a match? One wins, he's in. The other one is out.
    Spoiler

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

So that Bruce Prichard and Al Snow have a reason to exist, and TNA can continue their kayfabe-breaking fetish.

So now a chance of getting two people on the roster we will never see again. I hope a few more woman and tag teams get a chance. Or even better yet a tag team of women because you know the current knockout tag champions will have a year reign in a month's time.

TNA Forum Title History
    Forum Championship (1 time)
    Tag Team Championship (3 time)
    X Championship (2 time)
    Internet Championship (3 time)

this is a perfect tweek to the format because now you can have one of thes guys actually win a match, get the crowd behind him or draw heat and not have to worry about a established wrestler jobing to a person who doesnt even have a contract...Jay Bradley reminds me so much of JBL not just because of the clotheline move but for his body and look, he could be JBL's off spring...dude did a great job of building some heat from the crowd and worked the match pretty good

Thread Information