Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raw 1/7 is Enormous Success

Default Raw 1/7 is Enormous Success

The figures are in for the 1/7 Raw and it's very good news for WWE. Despite directly opposing the BCS Championship game, they managed an average viewership 4.42m, the highest average viewership since the 8/27 show. Hour one drew 4.29m, the highest hour one since the post-Hell in a Cell show. Hour two drew 4.32m - this is fantastic for WWE because the game was well under way and still competitive at this point, they would not have expected a rise on hour one. Hour three (helped by the fact that the game was a blow-out) drew a 4.65, the first hour three to have the highest average viewership of the show since it went to three hours. It was also the highest hour three since the second three-hour show on 7/30.

For ratings figures to be higher than they have been in months, across the board, while opposing a college football game that by all accounts draws the same audience as wrestling and drew a 14.0 rating, this show is an unbelievable success for WWE. They now have a platform to build from with the 20th Anniversary next week. These are exciting times.

Default Re: Raw 1/7 is Enormous Success

Not exactly surprising that The Rock drew, but still impressive considering their competition.

Great, besides the jobbing matches with 3MB it was a fantastic show!

is there an average rating number? not in millions...
    great numbers, Rock's return acomplished exactly what vince wanted to acomplish

If I may inject of a bit cynicism.

It's just about Wrestlemania Season, which is known as the one part of the year where WWE really, really tries really hard to put on the best shows possible. It's nice to see that it is coming in returns.

I just worry what will they do when Rock isn't around, if that even matters anymore. I don't think it does.
    The IWC will never be happy unless Daniel Bryan wins both world titles, makes Batista tap out and makes HHH look like a total bitch in the process.
    Consider me a satisfied customer.

I'm giving the credit to Cesaro and Khali.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Hopefully, the ratings can stay at this level or go up from here till atleat Wrestlemania.

surrender

Great news, but it's not a shocker considering The Rock was there.

The numbers probably could have been better if they didn't hold off on Rock until 10:58.

Banner Credit: Spike

I'll give The Rock props for most of this weeks ratings. However, a TLC match between Ryback and CM Punk has been advertised and hyped for quite a while. I'd like to think that match helped bring in some viewers who usually flip channels or skip parts of the show.

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

Shite. This means that they'll think three hours works.

Quote Originally Posted by Crippler View Post
    Shite. This means that they'll think three hours works.
    They weren't going to change it back anyway.

Good show. It also goes to show the merit of hyping shit up well in advance instead of announcing everything the night the show airs.

"I am Ultimate Warrior. You are the ultimate warrior fans. And the spirit of Ultimate Warrior will run forever"
    R.I.P. Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    Good show. It also goes to show the merit of hyping shit up well in advance instead of announcing everything the night the show airs.
    Do you think that includes Smackdown Spoilers?
    The IWC will never be happy unless Daniel Bryan wins both world titles, makes Batista tap out and makes HHH look like a total bitch in the process.
    Consider me a satisfied customer.

I didn't say hyping up results.

They hyped up the 1 Hour Ironman Match against HHH & Benoit 2 weeks in advance, they gave fans time to get pumped, and IIRC, it paid off. It's a practice that they did all the way back in the golden days, and only abandoned around 2006/2007 where they decided that hyping stuff up in advance was overrated.

Hell, they hyped up the TLC Match on RAW in advance, so it shows a return to form.

"I am Ultimate Warrior. You are the ultimate warrior fans. And the spirit of Ultimate Warrior will run forever"
    R.I.P. Warrior

This is great news this is the second raw I watched since they went to three hours and I really liked the show it started off great with cena and dolf then had a great flow from there. Maybe this combined with the wrestlmania ratings from last year will finally shut the rock haters up. I cant wait to see how high the wwe can rise once the rock is the champ.

WWE were lucky the National Title game was so lobsided and unwatchable(It was at times unwatchable for me as a huge Irish fan). If the game was anything close or epic, the ratings would take a hit.

- Justin Valuable
    2x Biggest Homer(Biggest Heel) of the Year Award Winner.

Banned

And that, my friends, is the power of the Great One.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
    And that, my friends, is the power of the Great One.
    More so he was fortunate to be in hour 3 and not hour 1. If he was put head to head with the ND/ALA game when it was in the 1st quarter, the ratings would not have shown Rock to have mattered. It was smart and kinda lucky on the WWE's part to save Rock for the very end rather than start the show with him or the 2nd hour with him.

Hence why the ratings built hour to hour with the 3rd hour being the best of the best since the game was clearly out of reach.

- Justin Valuable
    2x Biggest Homer(Biggest Heel) of the Year Award Winner.

Banned

Crippler they aren't going to change it back anywyas because the first hour of Raw does much better than the shows they were airing at the 8PM hour and that's what matters most to USA.

MASSIVE success here. It wasn't just Rock, as the entire show had this huge feel to it. Starting off with Cena/Ziggler set the tone. They followed it with solid filler until the TLC Match, which was also a big drawing point. Then, the moment everybody was waiting for: the first Punk/Rock promo. Easily the most enjoyable RAW in a long while and I'm glad it showed in the ratings. This is one of the few times where the 3rd hour didn't drag the show down and actually being the most watched hour.

Regardless of how fortunate Rock was to be put on the last segment, the overall show viewership is the most impressive thing. The BCS game did an average 26.38m viewers and plays to the same demographic as wrestling, yet this show managed to beat out the vast majority of three-hour Raws.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    MASSIVE success here. It wasn't just Rock, as the entire show had this huge feel to it. Starting off with Cena/Ziggler set the tone. They followed it with solid filler until the TLC Match, which was also a big drawing point. Then, the moment everybody was waiting for: the first Punk/Rock promo. Easily the most enjoyable RAW in a long while and I'm glad it showed in the ratings. This is one of the few times where the 3rd hour didn't drag the show down and actually being the most watched hour.
    It was The Rock, the anticipation/buzz of The Rock's return, and in some part Punk/Ryback TLC. Raw ratings have been consistently bad for a pretty long time. It would take an extraordinary event for the ratings to suddenly jump so significantly, especially against the college football championship. All I'm saying is that Rock is a major numbers mover, and with such a major jump in ratings, especially considering that the championship game was competing, that really can't be stressed enough.

Good stuff for what some call a free per view telecast on Monday
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    They weren't going to change it back anyway.
    This. 3 hours of Raw still out-draw NCIS reruns in consecutive hour number 6.

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

Former 2-time TNA Tag Team Champion and 3-time TNA X-Division Champion
    2010 PW Healthiest Poster....2010 NCAA Poster of the Year

Thread Information