Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *SPOILERS* WWE.com spoils SmackDown

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Exclamation *SPOILERS* WWE.com spoils SmackDown

So I was planning to go into this week's SmackDown spoiler free, and then WWE spoiled one of the things that happened. Because I don't want to be spoiled on anything else, especially whatever happens with Rock, I'm making this thread so that I and others can discuss the one thing that was spoiled. PLEASE DO NOT SPOIL ANYTHING ELSE BESIDES WHAT I TALK ABOUT BELOW. I know there's an official spoiler thread, but hopefully this is allowed to stay open.

Anyway....

I don't understand why they put the title on Alberto Del Rio.

First of all, he's in the middle of reinventing himself. Usually, when that's happening, you want to give the fans some time to warm up to a guy before you throw him right into the fire of being champion.

Secondly, I have no idea where they're planning on going with the title for WrestleMania now. Unless they're just going to have Ziggler cash in, which would render this reign to be pretty pointless, I don't see how ADR fits into the picture here. Maybe in a multi-man match of some sort, but I figured that if there would be any such match, it would be Ryback vs. Ziggler vs. Show.

I'm not going to completely write off a reign before it's even officially begun, but to me, this comes off like car crash booking to pop the rating. Especially when you take the self-spoiler into account.

What do you guys think?

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Banned

Default Re: *SPOILERS* WWE.com spoils SmackDown

THere's rumors that Show may need to take a bit of time off. That's not confirmed. But if it is true, and Ziggler is in the Rumble. I wonder who Del Rio will defend against at RR?

If Show is hurt, that puts a severe lack of depth on the heel side of things.

Folks started talking about this in the Spoiler thread already however I can briefly repeat myself;

-I was hoping for Ryback vs. Show for the title at Mania, I think they would have had a pretty good match
    -I think ultimately it is the set up for Ziggler to win the title
    -Show may be hurt

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

What is the rumored injury?

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

As I posted in the SmackDown Spoilers thread - why did WWE spoil the title change?

Isn't Rock appearing enough incentive for people to tune in?

surrender

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    As I posted in the SmackDown Spoilers thread - why did WWE spoil the title change?

Isn't Rock appearing enough incentive for people to tune in?
    Exactly. I was going to tune in, spoiler-free, solely because of Rock. And now the main event is ruined for no reason.

I don't understand why they do shit like this, I really don't. Not only does it ruin this match, but it ruins future title matches on taped shows, because you know that the title isn't changing hands if it wasn't spoiled on dot com.

Bender

Banned

There is no legit source calling an injury yet, but people are speculating shoulder/arm. I'm not sure what the reasoning is yet, but IF he's hurt, they're really fucked on heels. It's Punk/Ziggles/and then down to Cesaro/Barrett/Shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    What is the rumored injury?
    From what I have been reading around the net, it seems like just a theory used to explain the booking decision. I guess we will have to see if Show disappears for awhile or not.

And the other question I have is, if they needed to get the title off Show... why not just have Ziggler cash it in?

Bender

Well, for one, they are absolutely going to have Ziggler cash in. I don't know why I didn't see this coming before looking at it now. Think about it. If they went into Wrestlemania with Show as the champion and did Show vs Ryback, they'd have to have Dolph cash in on Ryback within 3 months. If they switched it to Sheamus/Orton for the belt via the Chamber, same story. This gives them a lot of options with regards to both what they want as the Wrestlemania title match, and how they can protect Dolph throughout while maintaining their other growing stars.

Plus it's a nice trial balloon for the babyface Berto run, reminds me a little of the first Edge cash-in in that respect.

I'm pro-this all the way.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

And the other question I have is, if they needed to get the title off Show... why not just have Ziggler cash it in?
    Fear that it would turn one of them with a heel cashing in on a heel? Dolph was getting big pops every time he ran in to cash on Show, they probably don't want that.

"I like cake."

Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

RIP Oscar Taveras :( SM(Stardust)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post
    There is no legit source calling an injury yet, but people are speculating shoulder/arm. I'm not sure what the reasoning is yet, but IF he's hurt, they're really fucked on heels. It's Punk/Ziggles/and then down to Cesaro/Barrett/Shield.
    Yeah, then after that it is Rhodes & Sandow and they are not singles wrestlers right now.

The WWE are low on main event heels right now.

surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Fear that it would turn one of them with a heel cashing in on a heel? Dolph was getting big pops every time he ran in to cash on Show, they probably don't want that.
    But even if all that is true, why spoil it? The reason I tend to believe the Show is injured theory is because it seems maybe a decision or two was made on the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmania View Post
    But even if all that is true, why spoil it? The reason I tend to believe the Show is injured theory is because it seems maybe a decision or two was made on the fly.
    I wouldn't have watched Smackdown if I didn't know about the title change. I'll watch it now. That's why.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by SheltonMysterio View Post
    Yeah, then after that it is Rhodes & Sandow and they are not singles wrestlers right now.

The WWE are low on main event heels right now.
    Hmmm, almost makes you wonder if a big heel turn is happening in the near future.....

I wouldn't have watched Smackdown if I didn't know about the title change. I'll watch it now. That's why.
    A great deal of people (myself included) were planning on watching solely for Rock, though.

Bender

Okay, but there are also a lot of viewers that will not watch because they know, not sure if it actually helps to gain viewers.

And a certain eyebrow raising, pie loving superstar is also supposed to show up.

Banned

Hmmm, almost makes you wonder if a big heel turn is happening in the near future.....
    I hear voices in my head that tell me one is going to happen very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post
    I hear voices in my head that tell me one is going to happen very soon.
    Joe L. my voices are telling me you can read my mind lol

A great deal of people (myself included) were planning on watching solely for Rock, though.
    Okay, but there are also a lot of viewers that will not watch because they know, not sure if it actually helps to gain viewers.

And a certain eyebrow raising, pie loving superstar is also supposed to show up.
    They've done this both ways, sometimes they'll spoil it, sometimes they won't. I assume they have ratings data that demonstrates they get a better rating when they spoil it in advance.

"I like cake."

They've done this both ways, sometimes they'll spoil it, sometimes they won't. I assume they have ratings data that demonstrates they get a better rating when they spoil it in advance.
    For one show, of course they do. But what about the precedent they're setting that no title match on a taped show will ever matter unless it's spoiled ahead of time? It certainly can't be good for the ratings long-term that they keep reminding us that SmackDown will never again have any kind of anything-can-happen vibe.

And again, those other shows didn't have The Rock on them. I seriously doubt the margin of the rating they would have gotten without spoiling this and the rating they'll get now will be very big.

Bender

Well I'm happy.. Alberto is one of the few people I actually care about.. Certainly more than big show. I hope he isn't just a transition for dolph.

For one show, of course they do. But what about the precedent they're setting that no title match on a taped show will ever matter unless it's spoiled ahead of time? It certainly can't be good for the ratings long-term that they keep reminding us that SmackDown will never again have any kind of anything-can-happen vibe.

And again, those other shows didn't have The Rock on them. I seriously doubt the margin of the rating they would have gotten without spoiling this and the rating they'll get now will be very big.
    What precedent are they setting? They've spoiled plenty of title changes on WWE.com before.

"I like cake."

What I'm saying is that maybe if one happened without being spoiled, people could actually take SmackDown title matches seriously in the future.

Bender

The voices in my head say the character will still be no different.

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

Thread Information