Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Superstar Billy Graham Is Mad At CM Punk

Default Superstar Billy Graham Is Mad At CM Punk

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR CM PUNK

I watch the last hour of WWE Raw last night. It was the worst excuse for a show I have ever seen! My agent Scott is tight with legendary World Champion Bruno Sammartino. Scott has told me that WWE has been calling Brunno regularly begging him to go into the Hall of Fame. Bruno has been polite but has always said no thank you.

Tonight on RAW for the last 45 minutes of the show all they did was have CM PUNK talk, talk and more talk! The killer line came when Vince had Punk putting over his 314 straight days as world champ and then said and I quote, " you had people like Burno Sammartino , only wrestled in Madison Square Garden only wrestled one a month.

This was by far the biggest put down of Bruno ever. Why would WWE have Punk say that about someone they have been begging to go into the Hall of Fame for untold years? When that teenager looking CM Punk made that statement he was also talking about me, Ivan Kolloff , Stan Hanson etc. Find the re run and listen closely and answer me this my Facebook friends - How can they justify putting down a real icon like this, and not get called out on it?

Any news sites can quote me on my statement below:

CM Punk, I have lost all respect for you for nor saying no to the writers of the WWE for saying Bruno Sammartino only wrestled once a month in Madison Square Garden. You talk about one of the greatest icons ever in pro wrestling like he was a JOBBER??? You should be ashamed of yourself for not having the self-dignity to say NO to the writers on that line. That line you delivered indicates that I am a big loser like Bruno as well and insults me as I wrestled in the same era as Bruno. This only confirms more that I want my name out of the WWE Hall of Fame.

How many monthly sell outs have you yourself drawn at Madison Square Garden? Not a PPV or the Raw TV show. Quit talking trash about Bruno. Its an insult to him and all the wrestlers of his era including myself!

Superstar Billy Graham

Not as vintage as him wishing Chris Jericho to rot in hell but still pretty damn sad and funny in its own right. What a senile crock.

- Justin Valuable

Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

Default Re: Superstar Billy Graham Is Mad At CM Punk

The Superstar got worked by the heel. Good job Punk.
    Credit: Bender

#bestintheworld
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    I'll be honest, I'll probably chant CM Punk in Brooklyn again.

I'm a follower.

This will stay in my sig until John Cena vs. The Rock----THRICE AS NICE. Or until I don't think it's funny anymore.

Bruno might have a legitimate beef over this. It wasn't just MSG he wrestled in. He also competed in Washington, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Boston, etc. I hope Punk did his homework on Sammartino to make claims like that.

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."

I knew somebody was going to take that literally. I just thought it would be Bruno in a random radio interview 3 months from now using that as yet another reason why he's not going in the hall.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

Quote Originally Posted by CM Punk'd View Post
    Bruno might have a legitimate beef over this. It wasn't just MSG he wrestled in. He also competed in Washington, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Boston, etc. I hope Punk did his homework on Sammartino to make claims like that.
    It's a work. It was a heel line. He said he was God 15 minutes later, for crying out loud.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

Banned

He was shooting 2 minutes before that.

CM Punk, I have lost all respect for you for nor saying no to the writers
    I doubt the writers came up with that line...

surrender

Was so hoping he gave a random youtube rant like this to CM Punk. This guy is frigging nuts

- Justin Valuable

Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

Wow.

Did anyone mention to legendary Superstar Billy Graham that, first, wrestling is fake, and second, bad guys say awful things that aren't true?

Seriously, what the hell? Do these people who built this damn business not know how it works?

EDIT: Wow. The guy is just nuts.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

Banned

It's just odd that he would bring up somebody they're trying to entice instead of a guy like Hogan who is of no importance to them right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post
    It's just odd that he would bring up somebody they're trying to entice instead of a guy like Hogan who is of no importance to them right now.
    Ehhh ... it gives him some relevance, allows him to hear his name on TV again, and recognizes him as part of the important legacy of the WWE Championship, a legacy Rock will be defending by relieving Punk of that title? I mean, I realize these guys have fragile egos and all, but I thought Punk bringing up Bruno was very fitting given how long he's held the belt and the point he was trying to make.

PW WrestleMania XI

Banned

The same point could have been made with Hogan though, and not risked any potential business deals.

Banned

Okay, I'm going to get Superstar's back on this one a bit, gents. The thing about Punk that makes him different from most guys is that usually what he says in his promos is either what he actually believes or close to it. Ask CM Punk and he'll probably tell you that a lot of what he says is what he thinks or a variation modified to fit either a heel or face persona. CM Punk is more Phil Brooks then he is a wrestling character. Do I think CM Punk thinks he is greater than Bruno? I think CM Punk legitimately has a substantial ego and believes he is an all time upper echelon guy. It's natural for an ambitious competitor to have an ego, so I don't so much fault him that, but I suspect he should probably have a little more respect for the elders who paved the way and made the business what it is. I felt the same way regarding Cena's remarks about Rock a few years back. Cena had no right to criticize Rock who gave more than plenty to the business.

And honestly, I imagine the older guys are sensitive because they feel forgotten. So when a young guy comes on screen and says, "The guys from 50 years ago had it easy and didn't bust their ass like me," I imagine they feel quite diminished.

Anyway, just trying to give another perspective on this matter.

I guess.

In all honesty, I hope WWE was smart enough to ask Bruno before giving Punk the green light. (Which would make Graham's tirade all the sadder.)

Nitro, that's all well and good, but even if it is what Punk feels (and I doubt he's got that much disdain for those who paved the way for him), at the end of the day it was a heel promo cut by a heel champion to make himself more hated by the fans. That's how the business works, and for them to get upset over that leaves me scratching my head, because these guys know how the game is played.

PW WrestleMania XI

Okay. Officially calling it a work.

(I'm not serious. Kudos to Heyman for jumping on this so fast.)

PW WrestleMania XI

Billy needs to take a nap and chill out.

I don't understand. Graham was in the business. Unless his mind has started to go, he should know how this works by now. Punk is the heel. Heels hype themselves up and put others down.

I stated in another thread that I think the company could be onto something BIG here if it can execute it right. I will get into Superstar Billy Graham in bit.

I want to get into Bruno first and CM Punk's comments. I'm with Nitro I'm going to have these guys back for a minute. Either Bruno is going into the HOF and this is beautifully setting it up where the new school fans will get accustom to his name and greatness or IT IS an attack on Bruno for not appearing in the HOF. I think that is where Superstar Billy Graham is coming from. Bruno has stated that he feels that the boss shows no respect to the guys who laid down the foundations for the business.

I even think Hogan was attacked last night too as CM Punk in heeldom tried to discount them being higher in the heirarchy of lengthy reigns. It is a reason why I stated it was interesting he left Austin out of his mouth and also Bob Backlund who also had a longer reign then him.

It is one of two things either CM Punk is setting up something down the line where the 50 years of the WWE Championship would lead to guys like Bruno being brought back to represent the legacy and tie into the title or it is the company attacking the old school for not playing ball. The company is trying to make WM 29 the biggest event in history and it being in the NJ/NY area is a foundation area along with MSG being used for the HOF.

The thing is whether this is leading to something or its the company and its champion taking shots at those from its past not playing ball for what should be a huge weekend coming spring time.

It is a reason why I say Austin and Rock and Undertaker are going to be used in some capacity as the "new old school" since getting people like Hogan and Bruno may be damn near impossible. Ric Flair imo will somehow play into this thing as well.

I like it as its something similar to the nWo dissing tradition in wcw/nwa which enraged a lot of people. The Rock himself has stated how the company plans on this being the greatest Mania event of all-time.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Banned

If what Punk said about Bruno is part of a grand work, color me impressed. It would be quite the coup to get Bruno back under the WWE umbrella. But I really think it was just Punk being Punk. Hope I'm wrong.

Let's see...

Superstar Graham is still nuts.
    Bruno is still considered above criticism from the old farts (and probably bitter about something).
    Punk is still an obnoxious douchebag.

Nothing has changed. I think this whole charade is about as newsworthy as the sun coming up this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post
    The same point could have been made with Hogan though, and not risked any potential business deals.
    It could quite as easily be Vince putting the line in to take a shot at Bruno given how many times they've approached him, and he's turned them down.

Banned

If so, Vince is the petty one. But really that's mere speculation. All we know for sure is that Punk cut a shoot style promo that included Graham. Why are we looking for reasons to always absolve him?

Because you are acting like it is a massive deal when it really just isn't. What's not true about Punk saying that he works harder than those guys? He clearly does!

Thread Information