Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The biggest main event of all time is in the works...

Default The biggest main event of all time is in the works...

And sorry Cena fans...but you have to look mainstream. The real stars, the big house hold names. Rock vs Brock. Rock has made himself a name in hollywood, Brock has made himself a name in MMA, the former UFC hw champ. Sure they squared off before 10 years ago, but they werent who they are now.

And I see Punk defending his title, the streak against someone with a pretty good streak of his own, The Undertaker.

But dont worry Cena fans, he'll still be headlining the card in the triple main event: Against the returning Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Oh...Hell..Yeah!

Default Re: The biggest main event of all time is in the works...

Yeah and in a shocking return Chris Benoit will wrestle the also returning Eddie Guerrero in the never seen before Zombie match!!!!!!!

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

I'm starting to think we will see Rock vs. Brock and I'm fine with that.

Rock vs. Brock - Immense mainstream attention
    CM Punk vs. Undertaker - The Reign vs. The Streak
    John Cena vs. Ryback - Dream match for the fans and great for the product going forward
    Randy Orton vs. Sheamus - Two big faces with a heel turn coming...
    Dolph Ziggler vs. The Miz - WHC Match with backstory between the two

Nope, its Owen vs Bulldog. That will open the show.

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Cena vs. Stone Cold?

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Valuable View Post
    John Cena vs. Ryback - Dream match for the fans and great for the product going forward
    The problem I have with this match is that neither guy should be losing this year.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

I'm thinking Rock vs. Brock will happen too. I see Lesnar interfering in the Rock/Punk title match at the Royal Rumble. And that would set it up.

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    The problem I have with this match is that neither guy should be losing this year.
    I see this as a problem as well. If they did go I'd give the win to Ryback. Cena could then get rewarded by ending the streak at WM 30.

Save Us

I don't see Taker vs. Punk because 1. Taker is not going to break the streak. 2. He isn't coming back to wrestle full-time so won't win any title. Rock vs. Brock I could see, but the most likely is still Rock vs. Cena II for the WWE title.
    "I'd like to apologize to the people. I've bet on wrestling." Bobby "The Brain" Heenan
    PSN ID: Jessd76

Currently playing:
    Gran Turismo 6
    Grand Theft Auto V
    Call of Duty: Ghosts

I see this as a problem as well. If they did go I'd give the win to Ryback. Cena could then get rewarded by ending the streak at WM 30.
    Yeah, they'd promise him that now, and then they'd chicken out at the last minute like they did with Cena vs. Rock.

Three Mania losses in a row for the top guy in the company is too much.

Bender

Is Ryback vs. Cena really considered a "dream match" by many?

surrender

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    Is Ryback vs. Cena really a "dream match"?
    It could be a big money match, but I wouldn't do it at Mania.

Could be something to think about for SummerSlam, though.

Bender

If Cena took a loss to Ryback at WM 29 fans should STFU if plans called for Cena to end the streak at WM 30. Cena is easily the most deserving to end the streak. Sure fans will bitch that he's the Golden Boy but he had to earn his way to that spot. I would love this to happen just to see the haters bitch their way into depression.

If Cena took a loss to Ryback at WM 29 fans should STFU if plans called for Cena to end the streak at WM 30. Cena is easily the most deserving to end the streak. Sure fans will bitch that he's the Golden Boy but he had to earn his way to that spot. I would love this to happen just to see the haters bitch their way into depression.
    I would love for it to happen, but locking themselves into an outcome a year ahead of time is a bad way to go. That's how they got themselves into this whole "We have to do Cena vs. Rock again" thing in the first place.

Bender

I don't think Ryback and Cena should face one another in a singles match for at least a year, keep them separated so the when they finally clash it means something. Knowing the WWE it will be a 7 minute throaway match on RAW.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

The streak isn't going to end.

surrender

Based on Rock's recent comments I don't think they are going to do Rock/Cena II. They just wanted fans to think that all along. WWE is all about mainstream attention. It's going to be Rock vs. Brock and it their feud will start at the Rumble. Heyman is too smart of a manager not to call on Lesnar to help out Punk.

But the problem is that leaves Cena out. If Brock and Rock are booked what will Cena do? Only other alternatives are Taker or Ryback. I'd imagine if Punk retained at RR they would book his reign up against Taker's Streak. Cena has had a horrible year -- he needs to go over big at WM 29. I said long ago the night after WM 28 they should book Cena to lose quite often and then go after Taker's streak. It could happen. Imagine if Cena came up short at the Rumble and then because of circumstances loses at EC. They could play it up that he can't win the big one anymore. He then could put that to rest and the streak as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    The streak isn't going to end.
    If Cena vs Undertaker was actually confirmed for Wrestlemania 30, could anyone say that with absolute certainty like they have in other streak matches?

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Reigns is more over than most people here are willing to admit.
    Episode 4 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest MachoWarrior

Send me a list of your top 25 seasons of television, deadline is 12 hours away

Based on Rock's recent comments I don't think they are going to do Rock/Cena II. They just wanted fans to think that all along.
    I don't see how Rock's comments changed anything in that regard. Saying "I can't reveal my opponent right now" doesn't necessarily mean it's someone new.

Quote Originally Posted by Oncall View Post
    If Cena vs Undertaker was actually confirmed for Wrestlemania 30, could anyone say that with absolute certainty like they have in other streak matches?
    I would be more in doubt than ever before, but if you asked me to place a bet, I would bet on Taker.

Bender

Rock vs. Brock is a big match and I can see the company even making it the WWE Title match, but as someone mentioned Brock costing The Rock the title at Rumble sets it up nicely. ONLY thing is I don't see why in the world Brock would want to do this unless Heyman convinced him to do so. The way Brock left wwe after SummerSlam I can only really see him coming back to prove he can still be champion or end the streak.

He has already defeated The Rock. Again, I always look at the big picture when booking is done for major matches. I can see Brock returning to try to dethrone The Rock as WWE Champion. TBH, I really don't see any reason for Brock not extending his contract, so I can see reason for it being a title match.

Punk/Taker in a title vs streak story could work and looks great on paper, but CM Punk ending the streak is a horrible idea imo which leads to Taker winning the title. Might as well just let Rock and Brock bring mainstream press to the title match if both are going to be gone instead of UT winning imo.

Cena vs. Austin? Yeah, if we thought Rock/Cena was a headache to book just double that with Steve Austin and his crazy followers. WHAT!!! LOL!!

I agree with others the company has to do something good with Cena this year at Mania to get his stock back up.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

I don't see why fans would bitch if Taker's streak ended. If it ended a few years ago I'd understand, but he got to 20 wins in a row. Even if Taker loses this year or the next WWE could still promote the hell out of the 20 wins in a raw. It's a magic number that still maintains it's prestige despite the one blemish it might have. Do baseball purists talk about the game the A's lost to the Twins that ended their 20 game win streak? Hardly ever. People remember the 20 wins in a row. Also, how can Taker's character retire? Taker's character doesn't retire -- it needs to be killed off. Imagine if Cena ended the streak or anyone for that matter and druids came to carry Taker off. That would be a historic moment in WWE history.

I don't see why fans would bitch if Taker's streak ended. If it ended a few years ago I'd understand, but he got to 20 wins in a row. Even if Taker loses this year or the next WWE could still promote the hell out of the 20 wins in a raw. It's a magic number that still maintains it's prestige despite the one blemish it might have. Do baseball purists talk about the game the A's lost to the Twins that ended their 20 game win streak? Hardly ever. People remember the 20 wins in a row. Also, how can Taker's character retire? Taker's character doesn't retire -- it needs to be killed off. Imagine if Cena ended the streak or anyone for that matter and druids came to carry Taker off. That would be a historic moment in WWE history.
    They would bitch because certain people are of the mindset that the streak should never end no matter what. That's just the way it is.

I don't think we'll ever have that problem, though, because I don't think it will ever end.

Bender

Rock vs. Brock Doesn't make much sense to me. Punk cant face Taker with the belt. Period. The ship with Ryback has sailed. Seen him take on Cena too many times. What would he realistically do?

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    They would bitch because certain people are of the mindset that the streak should never end no matter what. That's just the way it is.

I don't think we'll ever have that problem, though, because I don't think it will ever end.
    In a weird way the more Taker wins at WM the more fans are likely to want to see the streak end. The Streak needs to end -- that's what keeps WM going. Like I said the only way Taker's character can leave with explanation is if his character is killed off. He's not going to come out as Mark and tell everyone his body can't take it anymore. WM 27 had that moment where it looked like Taker was dead.

Imagine if Cena ended the streak this year (or next) and the crowd went silent as Taker's body was carried out. Cena could stand in the ring and watch in disbelief. The aftermath could lead to wrestlers being upset with Cena ending the streak (similar to the Batista/HBk storyline). This would be the slow build to Cena's heel turn. And I believe WWE has enough over faces to carry the company and go against Cena (Ryback, Sheamus, Miz).

This is a totally different situation..

surrender

Thread Information