Thread: Triple H vs. The Rock vs. Brock!? What do you think?

Banned

Default Triple H vs. Brock!? What do you think?

Possibly thinking about those 2 at WM 29?
    Last edited by NickF; 01-05-2013 at 12:58 PM.

Default Re: Triple H vs. The Rock vs. Brock!? What do you think?

not bad , but makes no sense... ..

A Rating Booster?

Mania is on Free TV this year?

Why don't we throw Undertaker in there, too, so all the part-timers can work together and not benefit the full-time roster in any way.

There is no reason a match like this would take place, and I doubt it would work out if WWE even tried. It just makes absolutely no sense to waste Triple H, Rock, or Brock on each other, especially in one match. Rock needs to either put over Punk or Cena at 'Mania to undo the damage of last year. Brock should face someone like Ryback, although we know he'll either end up in a useless rematch with Hunter or in the "dream match" with Undertaker. And Triple H doesn't even need to be on the card this year, although we all know he will.

But a triple threat match between three guys who would give nothing back to the business by this match*? No thanks.

And Indy, I think he meant a buyrate-booster. Which is ridiculous, given that two of the three will boost the buys just by being on the show, and this match idea wouldn't have as compelling a story as any singles match combination using them and current talent on the roster.

*No, making a huge payday for WWE is not "giving back to the business." In this instance, it means putting over the current product as a legitimate heir to the beloved Attitude Era, just as all previous eras/stars had to do.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

Why don't we throw Foley, Flair, HBK and Lawler in there also? I mean shit, throw in the NAO's for the fuck of it

Banned

Dude, give me a break. This was my first post. I' m just tring to make a good match prediction. Didn't you notice im a JUNIOR MEMBER.

Because Foley and Lawler (and the New Age Outlaws) don't boost ratings, Indy, and Flair and HBK are retired. Hey! Why not have Flair and HBK face off, and the winner gets reinstated as a full-time wrestler for life!

Actually, Nick, the whole "Junior Member" thing doesn't mean much considering how many return customers this forum has. And just because it's your first post, doesn't mean you shouldn't expect people to give their honest opinions of the quality of your idea.

PW WrestleMania XI

Meh I rather have Sid and Vader in a match.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Banned

Default Re: Triple H vs. Brock!? What do you think?

Ignore the last one. This is my new one. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by milopo View Post
    Meh I rather have Sid and Vader in a match.
    Any true wrestling fan would rather see that match

Quote Originally Posted by NickF View Post
    Ignore the last one. This is my new one. What do you think?
    You mean the match that there are already threads about, and has garnered a fairly split reaction?

I'm against a Triple H vs. Brock rematch, on the grounds that two-thirds of Brock's matches since returning to WWE should not be going toward facing the same retired wrestler. It doesn't advance the product in any way, and it's a waste of huge potential for Lesnar. At least, that's my opinion on it.

PW WrestleMania XI

Banned

Im saying they could end the feud at wrestlemania. Even if you dont want to see this match, some people do. I do know some people who want to see The Perfect Storm 2. My opinion.

Banned

Michaels or Flair,full time? Really? If either of those men,especially Flair, Michaels could get seriously hurt and Flair culd very well collapse. LOL thats almost as bad as my predictions. My opinion.

Nick, I think I need to draw you one of these:

Also, I realize some people want to see the match. I'm saying I don't, and stating the reasons behind my opinion. That's all.

PW WrestleMania XI

Triple H is retired?

Quote Originally Posted by The Industry View Post
    Triple H is retired?
    Fine. I misspoke. Semi-retired. Or "all-but-retired." However you want to phrase it. He's about as retired as Rock or Foley or Undertaker.

Is that really the only thing you're going to bring up in response to my post?

PW WrestleMania XI

It was the only thing that caught my attention. Because I never remember Triple H retiring

Triple H, for all the talk of his nose-sized ego, doesn't strike me as the "ride off into the sunset" type. More of the "fade into the background" type, which is advantageous for if/when he has to make an appearance. Besides, unlike recent retirees Shawn and Ric, he's going to be directly involved in WWE for decades to come even after hanging up the boots.

So, he's at the very least semi-retired as an in-ring competitor (as evidenced by his, like, four matches since disappearing in April 2010), and to a lesser extent on-screen character.

Are we really having this discussion? I know you know what I meant.

PW WrestleMania XI

Banned

Dude, I would just like to see who would want to see the perfect storm 2. I didnt mean to get into an argument with you. Im just stressed. Sorry.

Banned

Angry Re: Triple H vs. The Rock vs. Brock!? What do you think?

Dont you call me by my name asshole. Your like Damien Sandow, thinking your always right.

been there done that ...

But seriously, I don't see the point. You either have Rock vs. Brock or Triple H vs. Brock, but not the three together. And I don't even want Triple H vs. Brock. Rock vs. Brock would only be good for tv attraction, but both men only had two matches in the last two years. Lesnar proved that he can make a match entertaining, but The Rock just doesn't feel like he has the stamina anymore. Hopefully with that muscle drop, he proves me wrong.
    WWE: IT'S NOT A FANDOM, IT'S A FAMILY
    Sons of Anarchy final season predictions
    BELIEVE IN AMBROSE
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

Any triple threat match should not main event Mania...I dont care who's in it. Thats garbage booking. Just like WM2000.

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    been there done that ...

But seriously, I don't see the point. You either have Rock vs. Brock or Triple H vs. Brock, but not the three together. And I don't even want Triple H vs. Brock. Rock vs. Brock would only be good for tv attraction, but both men only had two matches in the last two years. Lesnar proved that he can make a match entertaining, but The Rock just doesn't feel like he has the stamina anymore. Hopefully with that muscle drop, he proves me wrong.
    His stamina will be A LOT better with the muscle trimmed down. He was too bulky to wrestle a 15-30 minute up-tempo match IMO, so if it is Lesnar v Rock then I think the match would be solid. Not that I want to see that match anyway though.

Thread Information