Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 192

Thread: Why John Cena with AJ was a bad idea - and why are we supposed to cheer him?

  1. #1
    Moderator HR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Age
    24
    Posts
    12,585

    Default Why John Cena with AJ was a bad idea - and why are we supposed to cheer him?

    Part 1
    As much as I think AJ is by far the biggest reason to watch the WWE right now, I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who thinks that the last storyline involving her and John Cena is even close to as effective as it was earlier in 2012 with Daniel Bryan, CM Punk and Kane. And it's more than just about entertainment. Ever since AJ has been involved with Cena, her character has become increasingly sexualised, and that's not a good thing.

    Lets go back to the start of the year, when AJ was merely the innocent, mistreated and abused girlfriend of Daniel Bryan. AJ never particularly asked for the spotlight that was put upon her. She started getting it after she was run over by the Big Show. As we know, Daniel treated her worse and worse up to, and after he lost the WHC. Despite her best efforts to fix the situation, the trauma pushed AJ over the edge and she began losing her friends, and her stable emotional state. Things only got worse when Punk (the guy who was originally supposed to be more caring) and Kane came into the picture, but it was never an overtly sexualised thing. You can argue about the merits of AJ's crazy chick persona, but the point was that she was overcoming the guys who treated her badly on her own - most notably the Raw when she pushed both Bryan and Kane through a table. When has a female in WWE ever done that?

    Daniel Bryan wasn't through with AJ though, and attempted a plan to have her committed, after tricking her into marriage - but again AJ foiled his plan. She was clearly in the right the entire time, and her being made GM reflected her growing popularity with the crowd. Again, you can argue about the merits of her run as GM, but she still wasn't a sexualised character, the focus being on her mental state and her "mistreatement" of those who had done her wrong in the past.

    But then along came John Cena. AJ was linked to him through no real fault of her own, Cena made the first move and while all the evidence suggested that AJ never did anything inappropriate - she was forced to resign from her position to protect Cena - she was still doing the right thing. But the major fault here was that her character was becoming increasingly sexualised, with ideas of fraternisation and an inappropriate relationship. Before AJ was crazy, but now the waters were muddied.

    Now AJ's turned on Cena because she put everything on the line for him and he didn't pay her back. But now instead of Daniel Bryan being mad that she "cost" him the title, or CM Punk hating her for "unfairly" putting him in matches - the almighty John Cena doesn't care that she cost him his match at TLC - he's slut shaming her - and that's not good.

    Part 2
    The second major problem with all of this is how hypocritical the whole storyline makes Cena look - and when you think about it, how little sense it makes for anyone to even remotely consider cheering him. Just a matter of weeks ago Cena was defending AJ to everyone about what a great person she was, and how everything people were saying about her being crazy was wrong. But since then she costs him a match, and all of a sudden she's a slut? How does that make any sense? Fine, hate her for crossing you and costing you the match - but Cena just glosses over that. All the stuff that he used on Raw to slut shame her virtually all happened before TLC. But apparently one more relationship (and a mutual loving one for the first time) makes her a slut?

    And how about the photoshop stuff? A month ago we were supposed to be outraged at Vickie making up fake evidence, and Cena brought up how ridiculous it was that she continued to use it even after AJ resigned in order to drag her name through the mud. Yet all of a sudden it's fine for him to insinuate that she's slept with a dog? Okaaaay then!

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    On Falcone's Pillow
    Posts
    2,166

    Default Re: Why John Cena with AJ was a bad idea - and why are we supposed to cheer him?

    You are pulling this mutual loving relationship thing out of your ass, especially since her relationship with Cena was the first mutual relationship. Cena got burned by her, for no real good reason, and now he's through with her.

    And Vickie's accusation cost someone he did care about her job. Cena's accusation is no worse than any of the slandering Dolph and AJ have been doing about him being the "Golden Boy" and what not. People need to remember, AJ screwed Cena. Not the other way around.

  3. #3
    Senior Member LS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    23,486

    Default Re: Why John Cena with AJ was a bad idea - and why are we supposed to cheer him?

    I do agree the Cena/AJ/Vickie storyline didn't really need to happen... at the least, it led to the Dolph/AJ pairing, which is good progress in the evolution of AJ's character (her finally finding a guy who loves her back).

    I also felt the same way with making AJ the GM. It wasn't that bad (some of her outbursts on Raw were cool, and it led to the formation of Team Hell No), but it certainly wasn't necessary.

    As for Part 2 of your post, I've already posted this a few times, but I don't like how Cena has completely ignored AJ screwing him over at TLC. Whether that is his doing or the writers' doing, I don't know... but the shows after TLC could have been much better had Cena not refused to talk about it, and if they went at it on the mic regarding what happened at TLC as opposed to talking about AJ having a bunch of relationships this year (which were actually failed attempts at relationships, not true relationships, in the case of Punk/AJ and Cena/AJ).

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post
    You are pulling this mutual loving relationship thing out of your ass, especially since her relationship with Cena was the first mutual relationship. Cena got burned by her, for no real good reason, and now he's through with her.

    And Vickie's accusation cost someone he did care about her job. Cena's accusation is no worse than any of the slandering Dolph and AJ have been doing about him being the "Golden Boy" and what not. People need to remember, AJ screwed Cena. Not the other way around.
    The first mutual relationship was not John Cena and AJ. It was Daniel Bryan and AJ (before DB let being World Champion get to his head, and he began to use and manipulate AJ).

    AJ and Cena's "relationship" was hardly even a relationship. It was AJ falling in love with Cena, and Cena being disinterested for the most part.

    AJ turned on Cena because he did not seem very interested in her (like Punk, and eventually Bryan) and didn't seem to truly love her (like Bryan and Punk). In AJ's crazy mind, she was turning on him before he turned on her.

    surrender

  4. #4

    Default Re: Why John Cena with AJ was a bad idea - and why are we supposed to cheer him?

    They had Cena take shots at her many relationships because that was the only way they could really play it, considering the storyline had to end pretty quickly so that Cena could move on to more important matters.

    If they had him focus on getting revenge, then the storyline would have to continue.

    Also, comparing Vickie's serious accusations of an affair to Cena "insinuating that she slept with a dog," which was pretty obviously a joke, is ridiculous.

    HAYZE

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    On Falcone's Pillow
    Posts
    2,166

    Default Re: Why John Cena with AJ was a bad idea - and why are we supposed to cheer him?

    Cena was disinterested? He asked her out on a date.

    He didn't make any moves? He went to bat for her. Stuck his neck on the line for her. He initiated a kiss between them. He asked her out.

    And yes, I'll give you DB and AJ, but that works even more against HR's point.

  6. #6
    Is A Movie Star Damnit. Blindy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    31,125

    Default Re: Why John Cena with AJ was a bad idea - and why are we supposed to cheer him?

    Its weird....I usually love to see Cena get what is coming to him but in this case I am ROOTING hard for him, which is a testament to both Ziggler and AJ playing their roles as people I want to see get their shit beaten out of them by Cena or whoever. I am hoping there's a payoff where Cena just snaps and tries to break Ziggler with the STF or something, goes nuts on Big E. Langston and then does an FU/Attitude Adjustment to AJ to something on a table for all the torment she tried to put on Cena.....I'd seriously jump off my couch and clap and scream "YEAH!" and that's something I NEVER thought i'd ever do for this Cena superman character.....he's just someone who you feel so bad for in this scenario and really want to see him overcome.

    AJ bullied Kaitlyn on multiple occasions, abused power on Miz and Punk during her GM run when Miz did nothing to her and Punk didn't want to hurt AJ or her feelings when the two were linked together, cost Kane matches and had him beatup by AJ randomly jumping around the ring because she was an attention whore, belittled Matthews/Striker and didn't even acknowledge their existence until Matthews threatened to sue the WWE(I think AJ even threw Striker in a match vs Kane?) and always hid behind the "Im not crazy!" gimmick in doing so as an excuse. I find it humorous when people excuse AJ for assaulting her former best friend Kaitlyn in the ring and saying she took out her frustration from Bryan onto her....yeah like that's fair at all for Kaitlyn who tried to help AJ and to try and open her eyes.

    If AJ/Ziggler were so tough, why bring in an enforcer to beat up Cena? Why not do it yourselves if you think you can 1-Up Cena? Insecurity that is why.

    I've rooted against the AJ character ever since she acquired power to abuse and she's since then become prime target No.1 on who I want to see get what is coming to them in 2013 storyline mode. I just hope WWE pushes the envelope here and actually has her get what is coming to her and not just stick with simple humiliation.

    AJ has made out or flirted with Primo, Hornswoggle, Kane, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Cena and I am sure 1-2 more people....she's earned the "Slut" title honestly from Eve. Character wise, she really is more interested in flirtations with men then her career.

    - Justin Valuable

    Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    On Falcone's Pillow
    Posts
    2,166

    Default Re: Why John Cena with AJ was a bad idea - and why are we supposed to cheer him?

    Why can't there be a grey area here? Blindy, you go to the opposite extreme now. It's ridiculous that there just CAN'T be a grey area as it pertains to Cena or AJ.

  8. #8
    Senior Member LS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    23,486

    Default Re: Why John Cena with AJ was a bad idea - and why are we supposed to cheer him?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post
    Cena was disinterested? He asked her out on a date.

    He didn't make any moves? He went to bat for her. Stuck his neck on the line for her. He initiated a kiss between them. He asked her out.

    And yes, I'll give you DB and AJ, but that works even more against HR's point.
    It doesn't work against HR's point since DB's love for AJ was short-lived. I'm just saying at first, it was a mutual relationship.

    He stuck his neck on the line for her but was not interested in the serious relationship that AJ ended up wanting. AJ's whole character is based around the fact that she is desperate to be loved by a guy. Cena asked her out to a business dinner and he said that nothing happened between them.

    In a backstage segment, he even said that nothing would ever happen between them, which made it look like he'd never have interest in AJ (AJ even questioned why he would say that). When AJ cried in his arms backstage and Cena consoled her (Vickie and Maddox screwing over AJ in her homestate), he acted like she was overreacting.

    surrender

  9. #9

    Default Re: Why John Cena with AJ was a bad idea - and why are we supposed to cheer him?

    Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    When AJ cried in his arms backstage and Cena consoled her (Vickie and Maddox screwing over AJ in her homestate), he acted like she was overreacting.
    She WAS overreacting. Nobody else in the company throws that kind of a temper tantrum when they get screwed. They seek revenge, but they don't start wildly throwing inanimate objects all over the place and screaming like banshees.

    HAYZE

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

  10. #10
    Senior Member LS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    23,486

    Default Re: Why John Cena with AJ was a bad idea - and why are we supposed to cheer him?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    Its weird....I usually love to see Cena get what is coming to him but in this case I am ROOTING hard for him, which is a testament to both Ziggler and AJ playing their roles as people I want to see get their shit beaten out of them by Cena or whoever. I am hoping there's a payoff where Cena just snaps and tries to break Ziggler with the STF or something, goes nuts on Big E. Langston and then does an FU/Attitude Adjustment to AJ to something on a table for all the torment she tried to put on Cena.....I'd seriously jump off my couch and clap and scream "YEAH!" and that's something I NEVER thought i'd ever do for this Cena superman character.....he's just someone who you feel so bad for in this scenario and really want to see him overcome.

    AJ bullied Kaitlyn on multiple occasions, abused power on Miz and Punk during her GM run when Miz did nothing to her and Punk didn't want to hurt AJ or her feelings when the two were linked together, cost Kane matches and had him beatup by AJ randomly jumping around the ring because she was an attention whore, belittled Matthews/Striker and didn't even acknowledge their existence until Matthews threatened to sue the WWE(I think AJ even threw Striker in a match vs Kane?) and always hid behind the "Im not crazy!" gimmick in doing so as an excuse. I find it humorous when people excuse AJ for assaulting her former best friend Kaitlyn in the ring and saying she took out her frustration from Bryan onto her....yeah like that's fair at all for Kaitlyn who tried to help AJ and to try and open her eyes.

    If AJ/Ziggler were so tough, why bring in an enforcer to beat up Cena? Why not do it yourselves if you think you can 1-Up Cena? Insecurity that is why.

    I've rooted against the AJ character ever since she acquired power to abuse and she's since then become prime target No.1 on who I want to see get what is coming to them in 2013 storyline mode. I just hope WWE pushes the envelope here and actually has her get what is coming to her and not just stick with simple humiliation.

    AJ has made out or flirted with Primo, Hornswoggle, Kane, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Cena and I am sure 1-2 more people....she's earned the "Slut" title honestly from Eve. Character wise, she really is more interested in flirtations with men then her career.
    I don't really see AJ as a slut, more so someone who is desperate to be loved because no one has ever loved her (she said so herself). Here is what I posted in another thread recently:

    - Daniel Bryan dated AJ and used her to keep the title (putting her in harms way constantly) and then proceeded to humiliate her for his screw-up, and show no compassion, constantly taunting her. He even faked loving her a second time by proposing so that she would help him when she was the guest ref. And then he proposed against so that he could have her committed.

    - AJ fell in love with Punk, but he never wanted to date her. Months later when AJ was GM, Punk revealed he and AJ were intimate during that time...meaning Punk hit it and quit it. It makes sense that AJ would be obsessed with Punk like she was if they were intimate, yet Punk never wanted anything more than a one night stand or a few nights together.

    - And with Cena, AJ loved him but Cena didn't seem interested in taking it to the next level. He kinda seemed put off by the fact that she was interested in him.

    surrender

  11. #11
    Moderator HR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Age
    24
    Posts
    12,585

    Default Re: Why John Cena with AJ was a bad idea - and why are we supposed to cheer him?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post
    And Vickie's accusation cost someone he did care about her job. Cena's accusation is no worse than any of the slandering Dolph and AJ have been doing about him being the "Golden Boy" and what not. People need to remember, AJ screwed Cena. Not the other way around.
    Did you really just compare Cena's slut shaming to a throwaway comment from Dolph? Good grief.

    Quote Originally Posted by Champ
    Also, comparing Vickie's serious accusations of an affair to Cena "insinuating that she slept with a dog," which was pretty obviously a joke, is ridiculous.
    It being "obviously a joke" doesn't make it any better. And a lot of Vickie's evidence was clearly emphasised as being little more than obvious fabrications (as things like the text messages were never well explained).

    Regardless, it doesn't make it any more acceptable. The ridiculous idea that AJ is a slut all of a sudden, which I have explained in my post and no one can counter because it is so obviously true, only shows that Cena's character is only interested in himself.

    We're left with a slut shaming egotist, who led a vulnerable girl on and then treated her like shit, as the face of the PG rated WWE.

  12. #12
    Senior Member LS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    23,486

    Default Re: Why John Cena with AJ was a bad idea - and why are we supposed to cheer him?

    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    She WAS overreacting. Nobody else in the company throws that kind of a temper tantrum when they get screwed. They seek revenge, but they don't start wildly throwing inanimate objects all over the place and screaming like banshees.
    Yes, she was overreacting... she is mentally unstable. I'm not debating that, I'm just explaining how Cena wasn't genuinely in love with AJ like AJ was with him...leading to AJ turning on him, especially after her past experiences with men.

    surrender

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    On Falcone's Pillow
    Posts
    2,166

    Default Re: Why John Cena with AJ was a bad idea - and why are we supposed to cheer him?

    Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    It doesn't work against HR's point since DB's love for AJ was short-lived. I'm just saying at first, it was a mutual relationship.

    He stuck his neck on the line for her but was not interested in the serious relationship that AJ ended up wanting. AJ's whole character is based around the fact that she is desperate to be loved by a guy. Cena asked her out to a business dinner and he said that nothing happened between them.

    In a backstage segment, he even said that nothing would ever happen between them, which made it look like he'd never have interest in AJ (AJ even questioned why he would say that). When AJ cried in his arms backstage and Cena consoled her (Vickie and Maddox screwing over AJ in her homestate), he acted like she was overreacting.
    It does work against it, because the length of the mutual loving relationship isn't the issue. It was her first. Regardless of the length, it existed for a period of time. And Cena's did too. And we're jumping the gun on this mutual love thing too, because considering AJ's track record, it's entirely possible that she could just be with him to get back at Cena for whatever injustices he caused, in her mind.

    Cena clearly said "date", not business dinner, when he said that he was attracted to her and wanted to ask her out on a date.

    AJ's whole character is based around the fact that Daniel Bryan has caused AJ to hate men, and she constantly tries to hurt those she's with before they can hurt her.

    Cena said nothing could ever happen between them, because she's lose her job. Not because he didn't have feelings for her (which he had already said he did).

    And AJ was over-reacting...how many times when someone is screwed over are they shown tearing up ringside, screaming sadistically, and then tearing up everything backstage in a rage? And she didn't see him make that face, nor was it alluded to that she did.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Why John Cena with AJ was a bad idea - and why are we supposed to cheer him?

    Quote Originally Posted by hr View Post
    Regardless, it doesn't make it any more acceptable. The idea that AJ is a slut all of a sudden, which I have explained in my post and no one can counter because it is so obviously true, only shows that Cena's character is only interested in himself.

    We're left with a slut shaming egotist, who led a vulnerable girl on and then treated her like shit, as the face of the PG rated WWE.
    This is just bullshit. It was made very clear throughout the duration of the storyline that Cena cared for AJ on some level. Whether he was interested in a serious relationship with her is another thing, but "only interested in himself" and "treated her like shit" are serious over exaggerations. If that was the case, he wouldn't have spent any time sticking up for her or comforting her.

    And the reason as to why she's suddenly a slut is as simple as this: She's a heel now.

    Heel divas get called sluts. It's been going on forever. If you have a problem with that, I understand, but going after Cena specifically for it is dumb. Because he wasn't the first to be written to say it, and more than likely he won't be the last.

    Not to mention the fact that there's more of a basis for it with AJ than it was with some of the others in the past, because she HAS actually been in a ridiculous number of relationships.

    HAYZE

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    On Falcone's Pillow
    Posts
    2,166

    Default Re: Why John Cena with AJ was a bad idea - and why are we supposed to cheer him?

    I love girls that are crazy too. Doesn't meant that I don't recognize that they are crazy.

  16. #16
    Moderator HR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Age
    24
    Posts
    12,585

    Default Re: Why John Cena with AJ was a bad idea - and why are we supposed to cheer him?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post
    AJ's whole character is based around the fact that Daniel Bryan has caused AJ to hate men, and she constantly tries to hurt those she's with before they can hurt her.
    This isn't true at all. AJ doesn't hate men, she's just been looking for the one who will treat her the way she wants to be treated. Unfortunately, each time she's gone to a new guy who's supposed to have been the "better" one, they've treated her badly. Now she's apparently found the one, who understands and loves her.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    On Falcone's Pillow
    Posts
    2,166

    Default Re: Why John Cena with AJ was a bad idea - and why are we supposed to cheer him?

    Didn't people love Jericho when he called Stephanie a "brutal, disgusting, trash bag bottom feeding ho" every week? Or when he would constantly rag on Trish? Or when he would rag on Lita?

  18. #18

    Default Re: Why John Cena with AJ was a bad idea - and why are we supposed to cheer him?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post
    Didn't people love Jericho when he called Stephanie a "brutal, disgusting, trash bag bottom feeding ho" every week? Or when he would constantly rag on Trish? Or when he would rag on Lita?
    And out of Stephanie, Trish, Lita, and AJ, you know who has the most actual basis for being a slut?

    That's right. AJ.

    The others were simply heels who turned on one guy for another. Of them, Lita had the most relationships (three). AJ has had SEVEN.

    HAYZE

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

  19. #19
    Is A Movie Star Damnit. Blindy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    31,125

    Default Re: Why John Cena with AJ was a bad idea - and why are we supposed to cheer him?

    Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    I don't really see AJ as a slut, more so someone who is desperate to be loved because no one has ever loved her (she said so herself). Here is what I posted in another thread recently:

    - Daniel Bryan dated AJ and used her to keep the title (putting her in harms way constantly) and then proceeded to humiliate her for his screw-up, and show no compassion, constantly taunting her. He even faked loving her a second time by proposing so that she would help him when she was the guest ref. And then he proposed against so that he could have her committed.

    - AJ fell in love with Punk, but he never wanted to date her. Months later when AJ was GM, Punk revealed he and AJ were intimate during that time...meaning Punk hit it and quit it. It makes sense that AJ would be obsessed with Punk like she was if they were intimate, yet Punk never wanted anything more than a one night stand or a few nights together.

    - And with Cena, AJ loved him but Cena didn't seem interested in taking it to the next level. He kinda seemed put off by the fact that she was interested in him.
    Why not be like Molly Holly and focus on your career rather than go with these stupid relationships? Molly Holly was a CHAMPION because of dedication to strictly wrestling and never let personal relationships get between her career....that's my thing with AJ.

    Then again outside of like Naomi or Kharma when in the company, every single diva needs to be in love rather than stick with their careers but AJ takes it to the tenth degree it seems. Just doesn't make sense speaking from a standpoint of these divas. Hopefully Paige breaks the mold and stays the fuck away from loving it up with a male and stays strictly as a female competitor and nothing more...would be refreshing no?

    Punk turned heel, he could very well have just said that to save face and to not look bad....besides AJ had to be a PROFESSIONAL as a GM and not have stuff like that get involved with anything. She could not, thus she abused her power. Cena didn't mind AJ but when AJ runs into the men's showering room, it is kind of too much and off putting.....Cena kept it professional in this case, AJ should take notes.

    Its the reason she hasn't won the title yet character wise....its because she just doesn't give a damn about it or wrestling for that matter and would rather just sex it up with a random male.

    - Justin Valuable

    Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

  20. #20
    Moderator HR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Age
    24
    Posts
    12,585

    Default Re: Why John Cena with AJ was a bad idea - and why are we supposed to cheer him?

    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    This is just bullshit. It was made very clear throughout the duration of the storyline that Cena cared for AJ on some level. Whether he was interested in a serious relationship with her is another thing, but "only interested in himself" and "treated her like shit" are serious over exaggerations. If that was the case, he wouldn't have spent any time sticking up for her or comforting her.

    And the reason as to why she's suddenly a slut is as simple as this: She's a heel now.

    Heel divas get called sluts. It's been going on forever. If you have a problem with that, I understand, but going after Cena specifically for it is dumb. Because he wasn't the first to be written to say it, and more than likely he won't be the last.

    Not to mention the fact that there's more of a basis for it with AJ than it was with some of the others in the past, because she HAS actually been in a ridiculous number of relationships.
    You can't argue against the leading on part. When Cena kissed AJ for the first time in the ring, it could only be interpreted in two ways. Either Cena didn't care about what anyone else would say about it and was prepared to stop hiding how he felt about AJ (which is the way she took it), or he was only interested in "giving people something to talk about" - which basically means that he just wanted to show everyone how cool he was by hooking up with AJ but didn't want anything to develop out of it. Either way the only thing you can conclude is that he knowingly led on a girl who everyone could see was looking for someone to love and care for her - that's obviously a pretty douchebag act.

    And yes, you might be right about divas being called sluts before, but it's worse in a case like AJ's in the current climate. As I put in my opening post, the recent sexualisation of AJ's character since Cena came into the picture is bad thing, I don't see how anyone can dispute this. It was simply never there before.

  21. #21
    Senior Member LS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    23,486

    Default Re: Why John Cena with AJ was a bad idea - and why are we supposed to cheer him?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post
    It does work against it, because the length of the mutual loving relationship isn't the issue. It was her first. Regardless of the length, it existed for a period of time. And Cena's did too. And we're jumping the gun on this mutual love thing too, because considering AJ's track record, it's entirely possible that she could just be with him to get back at Cena for whatever injustices he caused, in her mind.

    Cena clearly said "date", not business dinner, when he said that he was attracted to her and wanted to ask her out on a date.

    AJ's whole character is based around the fact that Daniel Bryan has caused AJ to hate men, and she constantly tries to hurt those she's with before they can hurt her.

    Cena said nothing could ever happen between them, because she's lose her job. Not because he didn't have feelings for her (which he had already said he did).

    And AJ was over-reacting...how many times when someone is screwed over are they shown tearing up ringside, screaming sadistically, and then tearing up everything backstage in a rage? And she didn't see him make that face, nor was it alluded to that she did.
    I don't really get what you're saying about the mutual thing.

    As for the Cena/AJ "relationship" being mutual, I already explained how the actual love was more one-sided.

    That time Cena asked on her a date sounded more like a joke...not even sure if they knew the AJ scandal storyline was going to happen yet at that point. Regardless, afterward, Cena kept saying they never went out on a date, just a business dinner.

    Cena DID say nothing would ever happen between them. You are referring to a different segment I'm guessing. I am referring to when they were backstage, and Cena said something like "everyone is up in arms over something that never happened and never will", and they had an awkward moment because AJ said something along the lines of "What do you mean never will..."

    Yes, AJ didn't see Cena make that face, I brought that up to prove that Cena wasn't too interested in AJ. But there were other clues AJ could see, like when she barged into the guys locker room to tell him she was facing Vickie, and Cena seemed put off by it (not saying he didn't have reason to, just explaining how it could seem in AJ's eyes).

    The most important thing though that no one has mentioned is the Raw before TLC, the last we saw of AJ was her asking to come to ringside for Cena's match, and Cena demanded she stay backstage. You could argue Cena wanted her to stay out of harm's way, and also that he thought she was being too clingy. But the point is, in AJ's eyes, he was rejecting her.

    In AJ's unstable mind, turning on Cena was justified.

    surrender

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    On Falcone's Pillow
    Posts
    2,166

    Default Re: Why John Cena with AJ was a bad idea - and why are we supposed to cheer him?

    Quote Originally Posted by hr View Post
    This isn't true at all. AJ doesn't hate men, she's just been looking for the one who will treat her the way she wants to be treated. Unfortunately, each time she's gone to a new guy who's supposed to have been the "better" one, they've treated her badly. Now she's apparently found the one, who understands and loves her.
    AJ's the one who is leading people on, hr. My God, if you can't see that through the Punk/Kane/DB story, and how she manipulated all of them...wow. She's just toying with these guys, because she can. It has nothing to do with love. It has everything to do with her being crazy and vindictive.

  23. #23
    Senior Member LS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    23,486

    Default Re: Why John Cena with AJ was a bad idea - and why are we supposed to cheer him?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    Why not be like Molly Holly and focus on your career rather than go with these stupid relationships? Molly Holly was a CHAMPION because of dedication to strictly wrestling and never let personal relationships get between her career....that's my thing with AJ.

    Then again outside of like Naomi or Kharma when in the company, every single diva needs to be in love rather than stick with their careers but AJ takes it to the tenth degree it seems. Just doesn't make sense speaking from a standpoint of these divas. Hopefully Paige breaks the mold and stays the fuck away from loving it up with a male and stays strictly as a female competitor and nothing more...would be refreshing no?

    Punk turned heel, he could very well have just said that to save face and to not look bad....besides AJ had to be a PROFESSIONAL as a GM and not have stuff like that get involved with anything. She could not, thus she abused her power. Cena didn't mind AJ but when AJ runs into the men's showering room, it is kind of too much and off putting.....Cena kept it professional in this case, AJ should take notes.

    Its the reason she hasn't won the title yet character wise....its because she just doesn't give a damn about it or wrestling for that matter and would rather just sex it up with a random male.
    "Why not be more like Molly?" Lmao Blindy, wtf are you even talking about right now? AJ's character is that she longs for love and attention.

    Still, they've made it clear that AJ loves wrestling. When she returned to the ring after losing her GM job, that is what Cole was talking about on commentary.

    Punk basically hit it and quit it, like I already mentioned. I can see why AJ was pissed at him..

    surrender

  24. #24
    Moderator HR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Age
    24
    Posts
    12,585

    Default Re: Why John Cena with AJ was a bad idea - and why are we supposed to cheer him?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post
    AJ's the one who is leading people on, hr. My God, if you can't see that through the Punk/Kane/DB story, and how she manipulated all of them...wow. She's just toying with these guys, because she can. It has nothing to do with love. It has everything to do with her being crazy and vindictive.
    What? AJ had nothing to do with Cena until he instigated things. I specifically put the backstory in my opening post so everyone could see how AJ's been manipulated by the actions of others into the state she is in. If you think that she's doing it "just because she can" then you're just as bad as the sexist/slut shaming writers/ideas behind the storyline and have clearly been conditioned by the WWE's way of thinking that all women are vindictive and evil.

    The point here is that they had something different from the generic slut/evil bitch character with AJ, but they've eroded that lately, and it's not good.

  25. #25
    Senior Member LS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    23,486

    Default Re: Why John Cena with AJ was a bad idea - and why are we supposed to cheer him?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post
    AJ's the one who is leading people on, hr. My God, if you can't see that through the Punk/Kane/DB story, and how she manipulated all of them...wow. She's just toying with these guys, because she can. It has nothing to do with love. It has everything to do with her being crazy and vindictive.
    She was toying with Kane to get attention from CM Punk and help him win matches/keep the belt.

    The whole storyline was her trying to get attention from guys because she is desperate to be loved.

    surrender

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •