Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Could TNA be in talks with... Steve Austin?

Default Could TNA be in talks with... Steve Austin?

I'm not saying that Steve is suddenly going to show up in TNA as the leader of Aces & Eights... but if you look closely there are certainly enough pieces to hint that they are at least hoping to sign him.

First of all there was the leak that something big was going to happen with Aces and Eights at or just before Lockdown. Then the release than Lockdown will be held in Texas. Not only is this there first big event there but they booked the Alamodome, a huge facility they they have no chance of filling to capacity.

Then there is the look. The jeans, the vests, the "I don't give a crap about authority" attitude. Austin certainly fits in perfectly. Was it designed around him? Probably not. But they sure could make it look like they did.

Next is the low profile that the Aces & Eights leader has kept. While at one point it seemed as if the leader was going to be unmasked as far back as October. But that didn't happen and since then less focus has been on who the leader is in the past couple of months. If they are in talks with Austin then there could be two reasons for this. A) he has not yet signed and they are being cautious because if they hype it and Austin does not sign then we would have a replay of the Renegade from WCW when the fans were expecting the Warrior but got some nobody. Or B) he HAS signed (not likely) and they are keeping it low profile to make his debut as the leader as shocking as possible.

And let's not forget, HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN has been involved in the Aces & Eights angle from the beginning and seems only logical that he will eventually get involved. Who else is there left for him to face other than Austin? Sure HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN always gets the best crowd responses whenever he wrestles no matter who his opponent is. But, there really isn't anyone left that the fans truly want to see him face specifically... except Austin. Now true the match would have been bigger 10 years ago. Neither man is anywhere close his prime now and both have crippling injuries, but the desire to see them go at it is still there to be tapped. Even at this point if TNA could get these two together it would be HUGE for them.

Finally is all the talk of HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN wanting to be champion again. While I still believe that he meant nothing by the comment, if TNA is to have this match - the biggest match in the history of their company - they must make it as big as possible by having it for the top prize.

Now all of this is of course just hearsay and I have nothing to back it up other than the few puzzle pieces that I mentioned here. But when put in this context, there is enough there to raise an eye brown or two and at least ponder the possibility.

It it likely? No. Is it possible? YES!
    Last edited by The_Boss; 12-30-2012 at 03:31 PM.

Default Re: Could TNA be in talks with... Steve Austin?

No.

Banner Credit: Spike

Banned

You're forgetting that Austin said specifically he would wrestle again if both the situation and the money were right. Hogan vs Austin or not, TNA is not going to be able to pay him as much as he wants.

And Hogan definitely isn't the right situation. I'm sure if he had one more match he'd want it to be a decent one.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post
    You're forgetting that Austin said specifically he would wrestle again if both the situation and the money were right. Hogan vs Austin or not, TNA is not going to be able to pay him as much as he wants.
    They had the money to pay HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN. Panda Energy is a multi billion dollar company. If they think they can make it happen they might have the confidence to shell out the money. After all HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN and (to a lesser extent) Steve Austin are the biggest draws in all of pro wrestling history.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    And Hogan definitely isn't the right situation. I'm sure if he had one more match he'd want it to be a decent one.
    Or a BIG one and this will certainly be that.

Austin would not pass up a WrestleMania check to participate in TNA and A8's storyline. It would probably be the stupidest thing Austin could do business wise. I'm sure he still has no interest in working with Hogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nichols View Post
    Austin would not pass up a WrestleMania check to participate in TNA and A8's storyline. It would probably be the stupidest thing Austin could do business wise. I'm sure he still has no interest in working with Hogan.
    Who says? The Rock, Brock, and the Undertaker (not to mention Cena, Punk and the rest of WWE's so called "stars") are taking up all the WrestleMania glory. There's no room for Austin at this point. Sure they could shoehorn him in but he would be lost in the shuffle. He would definitely make a bigger splash in TNA and get the TNA World title. Don't forget, there's a thing called ego with these guys. Sometimes that gets in the way of "business" decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Boss View Post
    Or a BIG one and this will certainly be that.
    No it wouldn't it. It would have been big at Wrestlemania X8, when at least Hogan could still wrestle badly at a high level.
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Banned

Once you give me a single reason to believe that Austin would come back to job to Hogan, in a story that half of the wrestling world will see, when he wouldn't do it at Wrestlemania, I'll concede it may happen.

Who says? The Rock, Brock, and the Undertaker (not to mention Cena, Punk and the rest of WWE's so called "stars") are taking up all the WrestleMania glory. There's no room for Austin at this point. Sure they could shoehorn him in but he would be lost in the shuffle. He would definitely make a bigger splash in TNA and get the TNA World title. Don't forget, there's a thing called ego with these guys. Sometimes that gets in the way of "business" decisions.
    Oh come on....Seriously?

Once you give me a single reason to believe that Austin would come back to job to Hogan, in a story that half of the wrestling world will see, when he wouldn't do it at Wrestlemania, I'll concede it may happen.
    Because 10 years ago Steve Austin was (or actually just surpassed as) the biggest attraction the WWF had since HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN and had to protect his spot. Now, ten years later he doesn't have that spot to protect. Like many older wrestlers he may long for that spotlight and (perhaps) feels that he could make some money and make one more big splash.

Is this certain? No. But reason enough to consider it.

Austin has a different spotlight now, its called Redneck Island.

Oh come on....Seriously?
    Seriously.

Austin has a different spotlight now, its called Redneck Island.
    Good point. That show is promoted on TNA. Hmmm.

Banned

Because 10 years ago Steve Austin was (or actually just surpassed as) the biggest attraction the WWF had since HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN and had to protect his spot. Now, ten years later he doesn't have that spot to protect. Like many older wrestlers he may long for that spotlight and (perhaps) feels that he could make some money and make one more big splash.

He didn't make that statement about the situation or money being right, 10 years ago though. He made it two years ago.

You're absolutely right, he might long for it once more.

So why the hell would he waste it in TNA, on a guy that can't even walk upright?
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Let's Rock Baby!!! Dante Must Die!'s Avatar

I'm not sure if this thread is a joke thread, a bad attempt at trolling, or just simple naivety.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Must Die! View Post
    I'm not sure if this thread is a joke thread, a bad attempt at trolling, or just simple naivety.
    Trolling? Talking about where things might be leading is trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Must Die! View Post
    All three.
    I'm an Ice Cube.

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Yeah, this thread is a very thinly veiled excuse for you to suck Hogan's dick some more.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Yeah, this thread is a very thinly veiled excuse for you to suck Hogan's dick some more.
    Lmao.

Anyway, there is no chance Austin is going to TNA.

surrender

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    Anyway, there is no chance Austin is going to TNA.
    The same thing was once said about HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN leaving WWF, going to WCW, turning heel, and being booed. The same thing was once said about Bret Hart returning to WWE. The same thing was once said of Bruno Sammartino being inducted into the Hall of Fame (OK that hasn't happened yet but he admits there has been progress and for the first time seems possible if unlikely) so never say never.

Banned

Seriously, stop comparing WCW to where TNA is at now. And seriously, stop capitalizing Hollywood Hulk Hogan everytime you refer to him. He's not a God. Refer to him as Hogan, please, like everyone else does.

Seriously, stop comparing WCW to where TNA is at now. And seriously, stop capitalizing Hollywood Hulk Hogan everytime you refer to him. He's not a God. Refer to him as Hogan, please, like everyone else does.
    Don't waste your typing, been down that road 100000 times. Gimmick guy will gimmick.
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Thread Information