Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 239

Thread: Random Thoughts On WWE

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    116

    Default Random Thoughts On WWE

    Welcome to my Random Thoughts, Wrestling fans.

    Today, I'm going to discuss the WWE and the Championship picture. You see, now that both RAW and Smackdown are one big Super Show, add to that, the WWE Diva's Championship and the WWE Tag Team Championship are unified, it got me thinking.

    The Intercontinental Title And United States Title Should Be Unified

    It should retain the name WWE Intercontinental Championship. But if I were booking, I'd give a certain prestige that a secondary singles championship SHOULD have.

    The person who holds the Intercontinental Championship should, by rights, be the Number One Contender to the WWE Championship. It could lead to some interesting feuds.

    The WWE Championship and World Heavyweight Championship Should Be Unified

    I would even combine it and name it the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. And for fuck's sake, get rid of that awful WWE Championship belt. I like its previous design circa 2002-2005.

    There's no need to have two World Champions when the entire WWE is one roster. And for that matter, two secondary champions on one roster.

    I like where the WWE is going with The Shield. They're putting these guys over strong and with the way these three guys work, they're deserving of it. Dean Ambrose is even better on the mic than I had thought. I always knew he was a good worker back when he was Jon Moxley in the indies. But I never truly appreciated how well he can cut a promo. Seth Rollins is ALWAYS great. When he was Tyler Black in ROH, I knew he had the "it" factor to be huge in this business. Roman Reigns comes from the great Anoa'i family. The son of Sika will make a HUGE name for himself. He's a solid worker and a good promo guy who doesn't try to do too much on the mic.

    Dolph Zigger is simply amazing. And he deserves to be World Champion. This guy oozes money with his in-ring work AND his promos. He's Ric Flair, Curt Henning, and Shawn Michaels wrapped in one.

    Ryback should not be World Champion. I love that he's in the Main Event scene and he's getting over. But I just don't feel he's that guy. Maybe if he gets some more meaningful feuds over the next year, he can be. And he does have PLENTY of people to work with. When I see him, I see a guy that works with the guy who draws the money. I think he'd be a better heel than a top babyface. But I'm just a mark. What the hell do I know?

    I really like Team Hell No. I didn't care for their name at first but that grew on me. Daniel Bryan and Kane work GREAT together.

    Put "Macho Man" Randy Savage in the damn Hall Of Fame already. If WWE did, who would induct him? If I were a betting man (well I do play poker so I guess I am a betting man), I'd bet that Ricky Steamboat inducts him and Lanny Poffo accepts on his brother's behalf. And I'd be so happy for "Macho Man" that I'd shed tears. One of the nicest men in the business.

    I kinda miss Prime Time Wrestling when they had a round table discussion about the WWE. I'd like to see a program like that which discusses the events of RAW and Smackdown. And Jim Ross should be the moderator.

    I love that show "Legends Of Wrestling."

    And finally, can we get some female wrestlers who actually know how to wrestle? I'm glad Sara Del Ray is training at NXT. I'm looking forward to what she produces.

    And those are my thoughts.

  2. #2
    Cener Member The Champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    16,834

    Default Re: Random Thoughts On WWE

    Two World Champions allow for the development of more stars and allow for both house show circuits to have championship matches as main events. I see no problem there.

    Ryback definitely deserves to be World Champion, purely based on how over he is. One could make the argument that he should have been already.

    The divas division still could use improvement, but the introduction of some actual characters to it this year has been a good start.

    I agree with most of the rest.

    Bender

    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

  3. #3
    Senior Member LS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    23,567

    Default Re: Random Thoughts On WWE

    Quote Originally Posted by Evans_Aki View Post
    And finally, can we get some female wrestlers who actually know how to wrestle? I'm glad Sara Del Ray is training at NXT. I'm looking forward to what she produces.
    There is Alicia, Natalya, AJ, Naomi (though she isn't wrestling often at all)... And Layla and Kaitlyn are pretty good wrestlers.

    Yeah, they need to strengthen the divas division with more wrestlers, but there are female wrestlers on the roster who "actually know how to wrestle."

    surrender

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    On Falcone's Pillow
    Posts
    2,166

    Default Re: Random Thoughts On WWE

    Honest to God, I'm not picking a fight with you, and I'm perfectly willing to admit that I could be wrong about this, LS, but I have seen NOTHING that suggests to me that Alicia Fox can wrestle, at least not at an acceptable. I'm perfectly willing to concede that the rest are very capable wrestlers with Kaitlyn being somewhat of a stretch.

  5. #5
    Senior Member LS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    23,567

    Default Re: Random Thoughts On WWE

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post
    Honest to God, I'm not picking a fight with you, and I'm perfectly willing to admit that I could be wrong about this, LS, but I have seen NOTHING that suggests to me that Alicia Fox can wrestle, at least not at an acceptable. I'm perfectly willing to concede that the rest are very capable wrestlers with Kaitlyn being somewhat of a stretch.
    Then I guess you haven't been watching her much. Alicia is really talented and athletic. I find it hard to believe that you've never seen her do anything that "suggests she can wrestle" - she had a singles match with Eve on Raw a few weeks ago that ended up being one of the best matches of Eve's reign thus far. And that wasn't even Alicia's best work, she's had a load of great matches in the past (particularly as a heel - I'll admit she was underwhelming as a face (right now she's a tweener), but she has a lot of great matches under her belt as a heel).

    surrender

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    On Falcone's Pillow
    Posts
    2,166

    Default Re: Random Thoughts On WWE

    Being athletic does not equal being a good wrestler. I have not seen any level of her being able to tell a story in the ring. Her selling is well below par. She brings very little passion or intensity. And if that match that was at least to me, very forgettable, is the best example you have, I'm afraid we're just not going to see eye to eye on this one.

  7. #7
    Senior Member LS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    23,567

    Default Re: Random Thoughts On WWE

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post
    Being athletic does not equal being a good wrestler. I have not seen any level of her being able to tell a story in the ring. Her selling is well below par. She brings very little passion or intensity. And if that match that was at least to me, very forgettable, is the best example you have, I'm afraid we're just not going to see eye to eye on this one.
    Did I say that being athletic makes her a good wrestler? I didn't. But her athleticism makes her one of the best at taking moves in the division, particularly lucha moves. I don't see how Alicia's selling is "well below par."

    Alicia brings a lot of passion and intensity as a heel... in fact, she did in her match with Eve on Raw as a tweener a few weeks ago...and that isn't a great example, it is just a small example since I know you saw that match. If you haven't seen Alicia bring intensity in her matches, you haven't seen many of her matches.

    That match with Eve was NOT the best example I have - I used it as an example because if I bring up Alicia's great and lengthy matches with Natalya and Gail from Superstars - where, by the way, she showed that she can tell a story in the ring - you'd say you didn't see them (if you did see them, you wouldn't say Alicia has never shown that she knows how to wrestle).

    surrender

  8. #8
    Last Call
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,305

    Default Re: Random Thoughts On WWE

    Well, to be fair, Alicia Fox versus Melina from Superstars was that one chick's favorite match. And that chick knows wrestling. She can dance.
    Vote godAM and WrestlingMVP for TT KOTF

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    On Falcone's Pillow
    Posts
    2,166

    Default Re: Random Thoughts On WWE

    Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    Did I say that being athletic makes her a good wrestler? I didn't. But her athleticism makes her one of the best at taking moves in the division, particularly lucha moves. I don't see how Alicia's selling is "well below par."

    Alicia brings a lot of passion and intensity as a heel... in fact, she did in her match with Eve on Raw as a tweener a few weeks ago...and that isn't a great example, it is just a small example since I know you saw that match. If you haven't seen Alicia bring intensity in her matches, you haven't seen many of her matches.

    That match with Eve was NOT the best example I have - I used it as an example because if I bring up Alicia's great and lengthy matches with Natalya and Gail from Superstars - where, by the way, she showed that she can tell a story in the ring - you'd say you didn't see them (if you did see them, you wouldn't say Alicia has never shown that she knows how to wrestle).
    First of all, lose the attitude, LS. I was very respectful to you. Please do not pretend that you know what my responses are going to be, just because we disagree. Talent IS subjective, after all.

    Secondly, athleticism is not the only factor involved in taking moves well. Many guys in the WWE are athletic and don't flow well in the WWE when taking moves. P

    Alicia brings a lot of passion and intensity as a heel... in fact, she did in her match with Eve on Raw as a tweener a few weeks ago...and that isn't a great example, it is just a small example since I know you saw that match. If you haven't seen Alicia bring intensity in her matches, you haven't seen many of her matches.
    Or I have, since I watch everything from Superstars to nXt to Main Event to SLAM. And I still have not once seen any match where I said, "Wow. Alicia's really showing me some improvement here!" It just hasn't happened for me. But I get that you get defensive when it comes to your favorites.

  10. #10
    Senior Member LS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    23,567

    Default Re: Random Thoughts On WWE

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post
    First of all, lose the attitude, LS. I was very respectful to you. Please do not pretend that you know what my responses are going to be, just because we disagree. Talent IS subjective, after all.

    Secondly, athleticism is not the only factor involved in taking moves well. Many guys in the WWE are athletic and don't flow well in the WWE when taking moves. P



    Or I have, since I watch everything from Superstars to nXt to Main Event to SLAM. And I still have not once seen any match where I said, "Wow. Alicia's really showing me some improvement here!" It just hasn't happened for me. But I get that you get defensive when it comes to your favorites.
    Did I say athleticism is the only factor in taking moves? No...but it doesn't change the fact that Alicia is really good at taking moves.

    And I find it hard to believe that you watch every episode of Superstars, NXT, etc, yet still say that you've never seen evidence that "Alicia Fox can wrestle." She has many great matches to her name.

    surrender

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    On Falcone's Pillow
    Posts
    2,166

    Default Re: Random Thoughts On WWE

    Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    Did I say athleticism is the only factor in taking moves? No...but it doesn't change the fact that Alicia is really good at taking moves.

    And I find it hard to believe that you watch every episode of Superstars, NXT, etc, yet still say that you've never seen evidence that "Alicia Fox can wrestle." She has many great matches to her name.
    TALENT.

    IS.

    SUBJECTIVE.

  12. #12
    Senior Member LS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    23,567

    Default Re: Random Thoughts On WWE

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post
    TALENT.

    IS.

    SUBJECTIVE.
    Yes it is. But I think the line between someone knowing how to wrestle, and someone not knowing how to wrestle, is pretty clear.

    surrender

  13. #13
    Moderator HR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Age
    24
    Posts
    12,625

    Default Re: Random Thoughts On WWE

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post
    TALENT.

    IS.

    SUBJECTIVE.
    If someone says Cena doesn't know how to wrestle, you're the first one to say that they're blindly hating...

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    On Falcone's Pillow
    Posts
    2,166

    Default Re: Random Thoughts On WWE

    Obviously if you've made it to the WWE you know how to wrestle. The line blurs between people who wrestle for the WWE and people who wrestle for the WWE at a level that I personally find entertaining and acceptable.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    On Falcone's Pillow
    Posts
    2,166

    Default Re: Random Thoughts On WWE

    Quote Originally Posted by hr View Post
    If someone says Cena doesn't know how to wrestle, you're the first one to say that they're blindly hating...
    I beg of you to show that to me. I say all the time that there are acceptable reasons to hate Cena, but people often come up with some of the most irrational reasons to hate him that have nothing to do with his level of talent. Like the way he holds the WWE title, or the fact that he wear jorts.

  16. #16
    Senior Member LS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    23,567

    Default Re: Random Thoughts On WWE

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post
    Obviously if you've made it to the WWE you know how to wrestle. The line blurs between people who wrestle for the WWE and people who wrestle for the WWE at a level that I personally find entertaining and acceptable.
    Okay, I guess Alicia doesn't entertain you, but like I said, she definitely knows how to wrestle. Some of the best divas matches in the past couple of years belong to her.

    surrender

  17. #17
    Banned ToXiCiTy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,801

    Default Re: Random Thoughts On WWE

    Who the hell does hate him for that?

  18. #18
    Senior Member LS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    23,567

    Default Re: Random Thoughts On WWE

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post
    I beg of you to show that to me. I say all the time that there are acceptable reasons to hate Cena, but people often come up with some of the most irrational reasons to hate him that have nothing to do with his level of talent. Like the way he holds the WWE title, or the fact that he wear jorts.
    I doubt anyone hates Cena for that... If so, that is a pretty weak argument.

    Maybe those things annoy them/they dislike it, but hating him for the way he holds the belt? I doubt that but I could be wrong.

    surrender

  19. #19
    Cener Member The Champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    16,834

    Default Re: Random Thoughts On WWE

    To be fair, there was a thread about how the way he holds the title "devalues" it. So that one is true of at least one person.

    Bender

    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    On Falcone's Pillow
    Posts
    2,166

    Default Re: Random Thoughts On WWE

    Some of the best divas matches in the past couple of years belong to her.
    Okay, you are more than welcome to have this opinion, and as I said earlier, i had no intention on making this a thing....but I get the vibe that you feel this is a fact, and it's not. I'm not saying she hasn't had good matches ever, nor am I saying you're wrong....I'm just saying it's simply you're opinion. It doesn't make you right. It doesn't make you wrong. And it doesn't make it true.

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    On Falcone's Pillow
    Posts
    2,166

    Default Re: Random Thoughts On WWE

    Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    I doubt anyone hates Cena for that... If so, that is a pretty weak argument.

    Maybe those things annoy them/they dislike it, but hating him for the way he holds the belt? I doubt that but I could be wrong.
    There was a thread about it, a week ago.

  22. #22
    Senior Member LS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    23,567

    Default Re: Random Thoughts On WWE

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post
    Okay, you are more than welcome to have this opinion, and as I said earlier, i had no intention on making this a thing....but I get the vibe that you feel this is a fact, and it's not. I'm not saying she hasn't had good matches ever, nor am I saying you're wrong....I'm just saying it's simply you're opinion. It doesn't make you right. It doesn't make you wrong. And it doesn't make it true.
    Benson, obviously if I say it, it is my opinion. Do I need to throw "IMO" in front of everything?

    And you pretty much did say she hasn't had good matches ever since you said you watch every show.

    But regardless if Alicia entertains you or if you aren't a fan of her, I DO find it odd that you can say you've never seen a good match out of her.

    surrender

  23. #23
    Banned ToXiCiTy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,801

    Default Re: Random Thoughts On WWE

    Usually he keeps it on his waist. Isnt that what Champions do? I think its just the backlash of this idea, that he is the be all end all in WWE.

  24. #24
    Senior Member LS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    23,567

    Default Re: Random Thoughts On WWE

    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    To be fair, there was a thread about how the way he holds the title "devalues" it. So that one is true of at least one person.
    Well saying that the way he holds the title devalues isn't the same as saying "I hate John Cena."

    They could have possibly said in the thread that they hate him, yeah. But the devaluing the title thing isn't exactly the same thing as hating him.

    surrender

  25. #25
    Cener Member The Champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    16,834

    Default Re: Random Thoughts On WWE

    Quote Originally Posted by ToXiCiTy View Post
    Usually he keeps it on his waist. Isnt that what Champions do? I think its just the backlash of this idea, that he is the be all end all in WWE.
    Except that nobody ever says or even implies that he's the "be all, end all." And I still can't tell whether you really feel this way or you're just trolling again.

    Bender

    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •