Thread: WWE House Show at MSG Results

Default WWE House Show at MSG Results

WWE Raw house show resultsDecember 27, 2012
    New York City at Madison Square Garden
    Report by Mike Omansky, PWTorch correspondent

- The crowd was large, but not sold out; estimate 14,000-15,000 range. They were into the show.

- The next event is the Hall of Fame in April. Tickets were on-sale at the Garden box office for one hour after the show; otherwise, online presale using password “FAMOUS.”

Vickie Guerrero came out to start the show. She announced that the semi-main event, Paul Heyman vs. Ryback, would be a N.Y. Street Fight. Also, the main event would be Dolph Ziggler vs. John Cena in a steel cage.

(1) New Age Outlaws (Billy Gunn & Jesse James) beat Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow in a solid opener. Gunn pinned Rhodes with a Famouser. Entertaining match – mix of good wrestling moves with playing to the crowd. Outlaws were well-received by Garden crowd. (*1/2)

(2) Brodus Clay (w/Cameron and Naomi) beat David Otunga with a splash and pin in under five minutes. (Dud)

Jack Swagger then came out; he said how bad Clay is, then challenged him to an immediate match. Clay accepted.

(3) Brodus Clay beat Jack Swagger with a big splash and pin in about a minute. (Squash)

(4) Divas champion Eve Torres beat Kaitlyn with a neckbreaker and pin to retain the Divas Title. (1/2*)

(5) Santino Marella beat Tensai with the Cobra and pin in a "Loser Sings a Christmas Song” match. A lot of Santino comedy along the way; Tensai dominated for a while with power, but fell victim to the Cobra.

After the match, Vickie came out and ordered Tensai to sing “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer," which was the song that Garden fans voted for (by texting). At first, Tensai protested that he didn’t know the words and was Jewish, then sang the song. Very funny delivery.

The Shield beat The Miz & WWE tag champions Daniel Bryan & Kane in an excellent six-man tag. Shield initially dominated, then it went back and forth. Finally, the three members triple powerbombed Miz, who was pinned by Reigns. Excellent action throughout; Shield was very impressive with their attacks, and of course Ambrose’s facial expressions. (***1/4)

(7) The Usos beat Prime Time Players with a simultaneous leap off the top ropes on both men and pin. (1/2*)

(8) U.S. champion Antonio Cesaro beat Zack Ryder with the Neutralizer and pin to retain the U.S. Title. Cesaro dominated. Ryder got his flurry, but he was subdued in the end. (1/2*)

Semi-main event time. Paul Heyman was out first. He talked about the history of Madison Square Garden's boxing and other sports, then wrestling. He said the greats of the past ("Superstar" Billy Graham, Bruno Sammartino, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, etc.) could all kiss his ass.

(9) Ryback beat Paul Heyman via pin in a N.Y. Street Fight. When the bell rang to start the match, Heyman leaped from the ring, and The Shield ran down to attack Ryback three on one. Shield put a table in the corner of the ring. However, at that point, with Ryback down, Kane, Bryan, and Miz came out to battle Shield, and they all fought back to the dressing room. Heyman then tried to pick up the downed Ryback, who recovered, lifted him, walked around, slammed him, and pinned him. After the match, he picked up Heyman and rammed him through the table that was still there. (**) for mayhem and excitement – this was excellent!

(10) John Cena beat Dolph Ziggler (w/A.J. & Big E. Langston) in a terrific steel cage match that went about 25 minutes. This included the usual failed climb-out attempts by both/near misses. Three times Langston stopped Cena from exiting the cage. The Finish: ref bumped, then Langston comes in the ring and attacks Cena. A.J. comes in and acts crazy as the two in the match are trying to get up. Langston holds Cena while Ziggler delivers a kick, but Cena ducks and Langston gets the kick. The ref recovers as Cena does the Attitude Adjustment and pin. Overall, 60/40 crowd on Cena (60 against/40 for, the edge going to boos.) (***1/2)

Fuck you WWE for this bullshit with Swagger....yet another fail. Squashed by Brodus Clay.....I hope something changes when he gets on TV.

- Justin Valuable

Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Default Re: WWE House Show at MSG Results

Oh no, an already irrelevant star lost at a house show. How terrible.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Oh no, an already irrelevant star lost at a house show. How terrible.
    I am a huge fan of him, I think he deserves better than getting squashed by Brodus Clay sorry.

- Justin Valuable

Next:

House shows mean nothing, Blindy. You should know this by now.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Who the fuck puts star ratings on house show matches?
    Just wait and see how it plays out, guys.

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

I do think it's kinda weird that if they're gonna have Swagger come back as a face, he keeps doing heel shit at house shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    I am a huge fan of him, I think he deserves better than getting squashed by Brodus Clay sorry.
    I second this.

Personally I want Jack Swagger to be a babyface so he can be the first American to beat Antonio Cesaro.
    Welcome To The Suicide Squad

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Crippler View Post
    I do think it's kinda weird that if they're gonna have Swagger come back as a face, he keeps doing heel shit at house shows.
    It doesn't make a difference. They need people to fill up house show cards because they do separate ones for each brand.

Bender

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lony View Post
    I second this.

Personally I want Jack Swagger to be a babyface so he can be the first American to beat Antonio Cesaro.
    Another example of people creating scenarios in their heads and getting pissed at WWE for not following through.

Banned

I don't think that's entirely fair, Joe. We've heard plenty of rumors that Swagger was going to be repackaged as a face, Cesaro keeps yammering that no American can beat him. Who better to stand up to him than the ALL-AMERICAN AMERICAN?

Banned

Big E Langston and Seth Rollins were heels on Raw and faces on NXT at the same time, but for some reason, people think his status at a house show is indicative of something. Wow.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Crippler View Post
    I don't think that's entirely fair, Joe. We've heard plenty of rumors that Swagger was going to be repackaged as a face, Cesaro keeps yammering that no American can beat him. Who better to stand up to him than the ALL-AMERICAN AMERICAN?
    An American?

I mean, the hints of a Miz fued have been strong lately.

Lebesgue Measure-aholic RawisJericho's Avatar

Count me in as a Jack Swagger fan as well. I'd love to see him in a feud with Cesaro, but I'm not sure WWE would book him to beat Cesaro for the title considering how much momentum they've given him lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post
    Another example of people creating scenarios in their heads and getting pissed at WWE for not following through.
    Pissed, who's pissed?

I'm a fan of both Jack Swagger and The Miz and to be honest I'd be fine with either man becoming the next United States champion though really all I want is for Jack Swagger to be back on weekly programming more then anything.
    Welcome To The Suicide Squad

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

Banned

Sorry, Lony, I quoted you but I was directing it more at the situation in general. Everyone's come to this conclusion when the WWE really hasn't given us too much reason to. Jack Swagger is not the only American in the WWE. Maybe they're planning on having Hacksaw Jim Duggan win the belt.

Ok, but seriously, you get my point.

Banned

I think it's fair to assume Jack Swagger would take the title from Antonio because, while there are Americans on the roster, no one took quite as much pride in it as Jack Swagger. He's not just a Two-Time All American, he's a Two-Time, Two-Time ALL-AMERICAN AMERICAN AMERICAN AMERICAN AMERICAN AMERICAN AMERICAN you get the idea.

That, and they tested the waters on the match in Switzerland and it was supposed to be awesome.
    baboosh

Is it just me or was anyone suprised at the card for this? Usually when I read MSG results they go more out for it and have SmackDown guys on and throw out big matches?

Fuck you WWE for this bullshit with Swagger....yet another fail. Squashed by Brodus Clay.....I hope something changes when he gets on TV.
    Really? Fuck WWE for a heel, Swagger, being squashed by the babyface dancing PG star Brodus Clay, at a house show?

surrender

It's a House Show! The result means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things because only the people in attendance actually witnessed the match and we only know about it because of the internet.

Swagger lost to Clay just like several other heels lose to Clay. He's the fun-loving babyface that makes fans happy - do you really expect him to lose? Brodus will win 90% of the house show matches he's in as his current character. There's no reason for him not to win and dampen fans mood when it's not televised.

2013 TBG Poster of the Year

Scotland, Celtic and FC Basel
    CELTIC (SPFL CHAMPIONS 2013/14)
    FC BASEL (SSL CHAMPIONS 2013/2014; SWISS CUP FINALISTS)

Thanks for the report. The 6 man tag sounds great. I am glad the Shield are doing house shows now.

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    Really? Fuck WWE for a heel, Swagger, being squashed by the babyface dancing PG star Brodus Clay, at a house show?
    Swagger needs to be a face and to be one of the rising young faces on the show! Have him form an All American face stable/tag team with Summer Rae & Derrick Bateman/The USA Guy as his funny sidekick and have them fucking matter! Even if it begins with a feud vs The Beautiful Rosa's minions or Primetime Players...its something! Better than having Swags turned a heel and lose to Brodus Clay after Clay just beat up Mongo Otunga already(Swagger can't beat a guy who just fought a match before?)

Its the 2nd worst thing the WWE has done....1st thing has been burying Mason F'N Ryan and not allowing him to become the behemoth he can be! Ryback/Ryan clash of the titans, two of the big time players moving forward...that's how it needs to be done.

- Justin Valuable

Next:

Swagger needs to be a face and to be one of the rising young faces on the show! Have him form an All American face stable/tag team with Summer Rae & Derrick Bateman/The USA Guy as his funny sidekick and have them fucking matter! Even if it begins with a feud vs The Beautiful Rosa's minions or Primetime Players...its something! Better than having Swags turned a heel and lose to Brodus Clay after Clay just beat up Mongo Otunga already(Swagger can't beat a guy who just fought a match before?)

Its the 2nd worst thing the WWE has done....1st thing has been burying Mason F'N Ryan and not allowing him to become the behemoth he can be!
    Earth to Blindy.

IT'S A HOUSE SHOW.

surrender

Thread Information