Thread: Ryback/Cena = Warrior/Hogan

Default Ryback/Cena = Warrior/Hogan

All lovey dovey in kayfabe land... But do you think in 20 years we're gonna find out that Cena was gay and wanted to share his wife.

I kid, but really. Haven't we see the veteran star (Hogan/Cena)... then the newcomer that everyone loves (Ryback/Warrior) YES, EVERYONE... Go to a live event and listen to the place blow up for Ryback, then tell me he's not over! But, this reminds me of the whole Hogan/Warrior thing, 20 something years ago... It sucks when you've been watching wrestling for SO long that it comes full circle...

Default Re: Ryback/Cena = Warrior/Hogan

its true. though originally this generations hogan/warrior was cena/batista. but they kinda fucked it up when they rushed their big faceVSface match at a summerslam because cena was about to have possible career ending surgery on his neck. though they came up basically together and didnt have the whole "new up and comer vs the vet" part admitedly.
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

Quote Originally Posted by JACKNIFE View Post
    its true. though originally this generations hogan/warrior was cena/batista. but they kinda fucked it up when they rushed their big faceVSface match at a summerslam because cena was about to have possible career ending surgery on his neck.
    Well, Cana and Batista came up TOGETHER... But the point I was trying to make was the parallel of Hogan being a X year (or so) vet, then Warrior coming in and stealing his thunder and title. You wrestling fans are smarter then we were back then. Of corse I was only 10 in 1990 when all this was going down.

Or did you really mean this:

Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Ryback/Cena is like Festus/Cena. People loved Festus, he had a lovable gimmick, and you always wanted to see what they'd do next to slowly evolve his character (when in a tag match, his opponents rang the bell for him to stay still and win)

BELIEVE IN AMBROSE
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

Horrible comparison. I was just about to make a thread about this, but ill throw my idea in here to give this thread hope.

If they turn Cena heel at WM29 by having him defeat Rock by cheating and saying that he wasn't going to live another night knowing he had an L next to his name for the rematch, then were already off to a great start. Cena runs the show and rightfully so as a heel. Punk goes face on Heyman when Brock gets more attention from Heyman. Then Summerslam can see Punk vs Lesnar and Cena vs Ryback. How huge would that double main event be? HUGE! Then for WM30, Cena goes one on one with Undertaker for the streak and he's still the top heel. We get Ryback vs Lesnar and Punk vs Austin and Rock vs Ziggler....? And we have an awesome triple main event and WM card. Include a HHH match and the other big names and WM30 can be the biggest WM ever.

And this could be the biggest year for Cena ever as he would be a heel like Hogan. Punk is Savage. Ryback is Warrior. Perfect comparison that was stated earlier and that I totally agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird Kid View Post
    Horrible comparison. I was just about to make a thread about this, but ill throw my idea in here to give this thread hope.

If they turn Cena heel at WM29 by having him defeat Rock by cheating and saying that he wasn't going to live another night knowing he had an L next to his name for the rematch, then were already off to a great start. Cena runs the show and rightfully so as a heel. Punk goes face on Heyman when Brock gets more attention from Heyman. Then Summerslam can see Punk vs Lesnar and Cena vs Ryback. How huge would that double main event be? HUGE! Then for WM30, Cena goes one on one with Undertaker for the streak and he's still the top heel. We get Ryback vs Lesnar and Punk vs Austin and Rock vs Ziggler....? And we have an awesome triple main event and WM card. Include a HHH match and the other big names and WM30 can be the biggest WM ever.

And this could be the biggest year for Cena ever as he would be a heel like Hogan. Punk is Savage. Ryback is Warrior. Perfect comparison that was stated earlier and that I totally agree with.
    I like this. Cena can go heel either by cheating against The Rock or losing to the Rock and snapping afterwards.

As for the Warrior-Hogan comparison if there's anyone comparable to do this it would be John Cena (as Hogan) vs. Sheamus (as Warrior).

Sheamus isn't close to being compared to Warrior, Ryback is.

Thread Information