Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A guy WWE is pushing, that doesn't deserve it...?

Default A guy WWE is pushing, that doesn't deserve it...?

My vote goes to Alberto Del Rio. I don't like the guy, I am not EVER gonna like the guy... His gimmick has been done MANY times better by Ted Dibiase, and JBL. Honorable mention Damien Sandow... UGH! Talk about "Click". Maybe it's just me but when those two come on, I STILL switch to WCW... Always have a DVD ready.

Default Re: A guy WWE is pushing, that doesn't deserve it...?

You're right. DiBiase and JBL were exceptional Mexicans.

I disagree with Sandow, because he's awesome, but I'll give you Del Rio. I just don't see what makes the guy so great. Rodriguez has to do all the heavy lifting to keep him entertaining, and his ring work is average at best. I don't get it.

The RTruth
    RT wants you to check out The Ultimate Fic'er, happening now in Fan Fiction.

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    lolololol
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

I disagree with Sandow, because he's awesome, but I'll give you Del Rio. I just don't see what makes the guy so great. Rodriguez has to do all the heavy lifting to keep him entertaining, and his ring work is average at best. I don't get it.

I don't know if Khali counts as a 'push' exactly, but he (and Hornswoggle) are getting tv time lately, and will probably end up winning the tag titles which deeply bothers me. As far as the top echelon of talent goes...I guess Del Rio

But you get my point.

And what is so great about Sandow... He isn't gonna be the next Triple H.

Banned

Sandow's presence and the way he carries himself....the way his charisma exudes through his gimmick....amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post
    Sandow's presence and the way he carries himself....the way his charisma exudes through his gimmick....amazing.
    I agree with this. Sandow is definitely a guy who gets it. He could be huge.

I don't know how Del Rio is rated by most people, but the guy bores me to tears. With the exception of the great Scott Norton, I tend to hate guys who use armbars as finishers for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTyson View Post
    But you get my point.

And what is so great about Sandow... He isn't gonna be the next Triple H.
    So by your way of thinking, anyone that isn't going to be the next Triple H should just be cast aside?

Joe L already made a great point about his charisma, and his wrestling ability is rather good too. It needs some refining, which will come with time as he gets used to being on TV every week, but other than that it's hard to find anything wrong with the guy.

The RTruth

Actually Del Rio's finisher is the only thing I like about him.

The whole Zack Ryder thing never caught on with me either. I respect the fact that he did his own thing. The "Internet Champion"...? That's like saying you're the smartest kid with Down Syndrome.

Sandow.... Ugh, i'll keep watching and see if he catches a spark with me, but as of right now...... I can't see him ever entertaining me. (Famous last words, eh)

No love for Alberto Del Rio I see

I personally love the guy, some of his battles with Sheamus through the year have been very good. He possibly needs to freshen his character up though, it is starting to get a bit stale, but I still like the guy. Damien Sandow "gets it" just like someone else previous has stated in this thread, has a bright future ahead of him, IMO.
    Thanks too Fresh Prince

So by your way of thinking, anyone that isn't going to be the next Triple H should just be cast aside?
    No not at all. But people are comparing his current gimmick to the Hunter Hearst Helmsley gimmick, and think that suddenly this guys gonna turn into the badass Triple H. Like people are waiting for it... sitting on the edge of their seats... WAITING. Then when it doesn't happen in a year, everyone will turn their backs on him.

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Del Rio is boring as all hell.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

The whole Zack Ryder thing never caught on with me either. I respect the fact that he did his own thing. The "Internet Champion"...? That's like saying you're the smartest kid with Down Syndrome.
    His US title run was a gift because they couldn't ignore the fanbase he had built any longer. He hasn't done anything since, so I don't see what the problem is with him.

Sandow.... Ugh, i'll keep watching and see if he catches a spark with me, but as of right now...... I can't see him ever entertaining me. (Famous last words, eh)
    Believe me, I've been where you are. I've hated Big Show ever since his WCW days, and only after his brawl with Sheamus at Hell In A Cell did I finally get it. Wouldn't call myself a fan by any means, but I get it.

The RTruth

I love Del Rio, he is awesome.

I don't really have much to complain, the people that I don't like have almost always had their pushes stopped and then they disappear, McIntyre, Dibiase Jr and Kennedy being the top three. Miz is someone that I see no value on whatsoever but I just fast forward whenever he is on.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Believe me, I've been where you are. I've hated Big Show ever since his WCW days, and only after his brawl with Sheamus at Hell In A Cell did I finally get it. Wouldn't call myself a fan by any means, but I get it.
    I actually loved that match. I was very happy to have seen him still be able to perform in that manner, and to see Shaemus who is less then 3 years in the WWE doing it with him.

Quote Originally Posted by milopo View Post
    I love Del Rio, he is awesome.

I don't really have much to complain, the people that I don't like have almost always had their pushes stopped and then they disappear, McIntyre, Dibiase Jr and Kennedy being the top three. Miz is someone that I see no value on whatsoever but I just fast forward whenever he is on.
    I was ALL for Miz... ALL for it. Then Punk out miced him a couple weeks back. That killed the whole MIZ thing for me. I was on his side, completely! But Punk showed how much better he was then Miz JUST on the mic. But I have a feeling Miz will redeem himself. Miz IS good on the mic... AND he has improved since his debut match against Tatanka. I liked the Miz up until a few weeks ago.

I tell you who's boring the hell out of me at the moment, I'll probably catch some stick for it but Randy Orton. Really needs to turn heel and start a fresh.
    Thanks too Fresh Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Coolstuff View Post
    Really needs to turn heel and start a fresh.
    Always a good solution...

Never bought Orton as a face ever, bores the hell out of me.
    Thanks too Fresh Prince

I like Del Rio more than Sandow. /runsandhidesinbombshelter

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Orton played the exact same character as a heel that he does now.

I really don't get why so many people think turning him will solve everything.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    I like Del Rio more than Sandow. /runsandhidesinbombshelter
    So do I, is there space on you shelter?

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

just a plain cunt Waffle Circus's Avatar

My vote goes to Alberto Del Rio. I don't like the guy, I am not EVER gonna like the guy... His gimmick has been done MANY times better by Ted Dibiase, and JBL. Honorable mention Damien Sandow... UGH! Talk about "Click". Maybe it's just me but when those two come on, I STILL switch to WCW... Always have a DVD ready.
    Wait a minute, you watch Raw with a WCW dvd ready to go so you can switch over during boring segments? You sir have taken the nostalgia of the Monday Night Wars to a whole new level.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Cunt View Post
    Wait a minute, you watch Raw with a WCW dvd ready to go so you can switch over during boring segments? You sir have taken the nostalgia of the Monday Night Wars to a whole new level.

Funniest thing I've read here. Consider yourself repped, good sir.

I like Del Rio on the occasions when shows a vicious streak. I think he pulls it off really well, and I wish they would take his character further in that direction because I don't see a lot more potential with his current persona. I feel the same way about Sheamus, come to think of it.

I know most will disagree, but Wade Barrett bores me to tears. His moveset is bland, his "Barrett Barrage" catchphrase is stupid and he hasn't done anything worth remembering since his Nexus days. No interesting feuds, no reason to care, and yet he seems to have a match on Raw every week.

Thread Information