Thread: Ryback talks about Cena

Default Ryback talks about Cena

What he hopes to accomplish by WrestleMania 30: "It's great to talk ahead. I focus on one day at a time, but my goal is to be WWE champion, World Heavyweight Champion. My goal is to not just replace John Cena but blow John Cena out of the water. I'm very vocal about that. I want to beat John in all aspects of this thing - merchandise, fan base - because I believe I can.

"That's what our company - the WWE needs somebody who's not going to be intimidated, who's not going to be afraid. I'm that guy. We haven't had that. We need somebody. John's not going to be around forever.

"I have nothing but respect - I think he's one of the hardest-working guys in the history of this company but my goal is to be my best. And I believe my best is better than him. And he knows that too, and there's a friendly rivalry there and I look forward to seeing how I do against him in the coming year."

Much more is contained in the interview, including Ryback discussing his success this year, when he will receive another title shot, his favorite type of match, if past injuries will hurt his growth, the future of pro wrestling and more. You can read the full interview by clicking here.

Read more: http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/...#ixzz2F2ohyKbl
    Interesting. At least he wants it. We always here about guys getting complacent with their spot. Ryback has big goals and while I appreciate his eagerness to get there he still needs some work. His mic work is getting better, but his in ring work is underwhelming. One of the biggest issues I have with him is one of the trademark moves he uses: the meathook clothesline. The move gets the crowd involved, has theatrics, but comes up way short with it's impact -- nothing like JBL's clothesline or the impact from Big Show's WMD.

Default Re: Ryback talks about Cena

I don't think he's good enough to do it, but good on him for being so ambitious and ruthless. The locker room could do with a few more as ambitious as Ryback.

I love his passion. He's not satisfied with being second best and sounds like he'll work hard to get to the top. When someone has a personality like that, anything can happen so I wouldn't rule him out being the "Next Big Thing!"
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

Ryback has enough mic skills and ego to eventually be a dominant heel. I realize WWE wants to make money with him as a face I agree, but at some point the fans will turn on him if he runs through everyone.

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Yeah, I'm a big fan of the attitude. The fact that he wants so badly to be the best is a great thing.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

I'm still not sold on his tong term marketability but glad he's trying and it's nice to have someone new threatening to take the top spot.

There are probably a few guys in the locker room who have that attitude though, they are just less vocal about it. Good on him though for showing the eagerness to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Valuable View Post
    Interesting. At least he wants it. We always here about guys getting complacent with their spot. Ryback has big goals and while I appreciate his eagerness to get there he still needs some work. His mic work is getting better, but his in ring work is underwhelming. One of the biggest issues I have with him is one of the trademark moves he uses: the meathook clothesline. The move gets the crowd involved, has theatrics, but comes up way short with it's impact -- nothing like JBL's clothesline or the impact from Big Show's WMD.

did you see the ones he was busting out when he debuted earlier this year? he was straight up killing dudes with it. but when he started wrestling real talent he seemed to back off. i think there were even reports of the guys in the locker room not wanting to work with him. im gonna take a big guess he was told to tone down the impact.
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

I'm sure many in the locker room feel the same way, but talk is cheap. Just go out and do it and I actually think doing interviews like this may have people turn on him too. People don't like to be told who is the top guy and I have never seen someone say it so obvious telegraphing what may go down too.

Hope he can do it for the company's sake for a new guy for fans to get behind. I will say this though it is the reason why politicking happens at the top. Imagine him saying this when Rock or Austin were on top? We heard about Austin's paranoid nature in 2001-2002 when he felt threatened by HHH and Rock.

Cena still has things he can pull off that could keep him at the top for at least another 2 years if he so chooses and that is not including if he starts to politic.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Ryback showed how badly he wanted it when he was presented his first title shot LIVE on RAW by Vince McMahon and got teary eyed.

I love Ryback, honestly.

Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bird Kid View Post
    Ryback showed how badly he wanted it when he was presented his first title shot LIVE on RAW by Vince McMahon and got teary eyed.

I love Ryback, honestly.
    This. The only other person I've seen with such emotion in the past few years was Miz. Being near tears and breaking character a bit when he cashed in and won the WWE Championship, and then the tear in his eye walking down the ramp as champion at WM27.

Not many people are this adamant that's for sure. Miz shows signs without saying it, Punk says it and works for it, Ziggler has hinted this is his goal, but THE Ryback is the one that comes right out and bluntly says it. Love that.

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

Former 2-time TNA Tag Team Champion and 3-time TNA X-Division Champion
    2010 PW Healthiest Poster....2010 NCAA Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by The Main Event View Post
    This. The only other person I've seen with such emotion in the past few years was Miz. Being near tears and breaking character a bit when he cashed in and won the WWE Championship, and then the tear in his eye walking down the ramp as champion at WM27.

Not many people are this adamant that's for sure. Miz shows signs without saying it, Punk says it and works for it, Ziggler has hinted this is his goal, but THE Ryback is the one that comes right out and bluntly says it. Love that.
    Good point about The Miz. I like Ryback's passion, not sure about the ego though. It would mean more if he said this after winning the championship and starting his run at the top. This would be like Steve Austin winning at WM 14 and saying he wants to be bigger and better than Hulk Hogan ever was. It means something because he just won the title.

I'll also say that there are many guys in the WWE right now that are passionate about the business, and that will resonate on television when we watch. It already has.

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bird Kid View Post

I love Ryback, honestly.
    I was skeptical about the whole Ryback thing at first, but he's really won me over, and that moment played no small part in doing so.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Thread Information