Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Antonio Cesaro.

Default Antonio Cesaro.

I don't know if a thread has been made about this guy yet, if it has my apologies. But, just making a thread to show some love for the man.

He's one of the brightest parts of the show with Punk, Bryan, Kane and Sheamus, IMO. Lately, I haven't seen him have one bad match, he's been on a roll. I love his stiff looking style, his uppercut to Sheamus two or three weeks back I thought legit knocked Sheamus out cold. I'm not a fan of his gimmick, but his matches are very good. I believe given the right character, this guy can go far, maybe even becoming the next big star? Who knows. Anyone else been enjoying Cesaro's work as of late and believe he's going to become a main event star for year's to come?
    Thanks too Fresh Prince

Default Re: Antonio Cesaro.

The guy is money. He's unbelievably talented, his matches are so enjoyable and his offence is believable and brilliant to watch. His character is a little bland but he has potential - not only as a heel but also as a face - to be a main event player for WWE. He has the size and strength, and he's also very charismatic as shown in his ROH run as Claudio Castagnoli. I remember really enjoying him in ROH as a face.

Antonio Cesaro's been here a while now, he's ditched his silly one-word-in-five-different-languages gimmick, he's been having long matches, and I'm still not seeing anything special about the guy.

His match against Sheamus is the only match of his I've really enjoyed. His promos are rather generic and boring. His in-ring style is often a chore to watch. The only entertaining thing about Cesaro is his uppercuts.

Antonio Cesaro is the best wrestler in the WWE.

His mic skills are getting better, his character is getting more refined. The guy will be in the WWE Championship/World Championship hunt in 2013. It's still early, but his WM 29 is already set in my mind: Cesaro will defend his US Championship against The Miz.

I've loved the guy for years. I'm happy to see him getting some match time on WWE television.

I still think he's a natural babyface and will shine even brighter when given the opportunity to show that, however.

YOU WILL COMPLY.

Spoiler

His matches with Kofi have been pretty entertaining. I think as time goes on he'll start to pick up the pace in his matches, he probably still isn't used to the shorter ones compared to the Indys. Loved his hour long ones with Hero in PWG. He needs to bring back the giant swing as well!

Is he a Triple H signing?

Anyway, I am also a fan of his skills in the ring and even am quite impressed with him wrestling such long matches with that hand being banged up.

He's very good. He needs character development for the mass audience to ever give a shit about him, but for a rookie (in WWE terms), he's a great prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Valuable View Post
    Antonio Cesaro is the best wrestler in the WWE.
    I know I'm in the minority when I say I don't think much of Cesaro, but I doubt that even the Cesaro fans here would agree with that.

Banned

Am not a fan off his anti USA gimmick but damn he is good in the ring. He is the type off guy who could have a great match with anyone. And he took the US title out off the gutter and is trying his best too give the title a bit off credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    I know I'm in the minority when I say I don't think much of Cesaro, but I doubt that even the Cesaro fans here would agree with that.
    Honestly, I did not like him when he first arrived. I knew a little bit about him (I don't follow the Indies). But he's impressed me with each passing week. His offensive move set is the best in the WWE -- power, impact, fluidity. I've said it before I don't pay attention to what someone does in the Indies. I only watch WWE. He's been very impressive since coming to the major leagues.

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

The gimmick sucks but Cesaro is one of my reasons for tuning in.

He's the best wrestler at the moment and if they tweek his gimmick I think he will be a major player.

He's amazing.

Notice me, Maddox Senpai Falcone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    I wouldn't say the best, but he's probably somewhere in the top ten in terms of putting on a good match.

The guy has it all, natural charisma (which, for some reason, the company has done their best thus far to supress), good technical ability, his moves manage to flow together without seeming clunky, great offense, and is far stronger than he looks, even once deadlifting a near 400 pounder by the legs to do a giant swing.

Honestly, I'm looking forward to Cesaro vs Cena at Tribute to the Troops.

He's, unfortunately, another victim of the companies idea of 'Making an immediate impact' being 'Squash Santino and be super serious'.

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    I never thought I'd say this, but ... dammit, give Falcy a modship!
    FALCONE 4 MOD 2027 (I'm being realistic)

Banned

I'd put him just outside my top 5 in terms of wrestling.

Daniel Bryan
    CM Punk
    ADR
    Cena
    Orton
    Kidd
    Ziggler
    Sheamus
    Cesaro
    Sandow

Cody Rhodes is JUST on the outside of that.
    These are my top 10 in the ring right now. To rank them?

10. Damien Sandow
    9. Sheamus
    8. Randy Orton
    7. John Cena
    6. Dolph Ziggler
    5. Alberto Del Rio
    4. Antonio Cesaro
    3. CM Punk
    2. Tyson Kidd
    1. Daniel Bryan

I hated this guy when he first showed. I saw absolutely nothing special about him.

I've done a complete 180 now. Great matches, good on the mic, has potential to be great heel once he ditches the gimmick.

Why is it that the WWE thinks that every foreign heel needs to hate the US? That used to work great, I get that. But from the Un-Americans and on, it's been shitty cheap heat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

The most annoying thing to me about Cesaro so far is his finisher. I love the guy, but the finisher looks so dumb. Specifically, the fact that it requires the exact same amount of effort for him to set up the move on Brodus Clay as he does to set it up for Sin Cara.

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

Yeah dunno why he uses that finisher when he's so strong and has such a vast moveset.

It looks cool on guys like Brodus but not so much on smaller guys.

I'd perfer he use a harder high impact power move for a finisher.

He's been a favorite of mine since he arrived on the scene, and he's been one of the highlights of the show for me. I liked him in PWG and ROH as well, and I think his matches are great. His upper cut looks so devastating, and I love it.

I can see him becoming a big name in the WWE in the years to come.

Banner & Avatar Credit: JV

Notice me, Maddox Senpai Falcone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crippler View Post
    The most annoying thing to me about Cesaro so far is his finisher. I love the guy, but the finisher looks so dumb. Specifically, the fact that it requires the exact same amount of effort for him to set up the move on Brodus Clay as he does to set it up for Sin Cara.
    I think it's coming across the wrong way. I think he's doing it for effect - making the opponent think about the pain that's coming hitting them with it. And I could be right. Of course, WWE doesn't have a good track record of getting stuff like this across. Just look at Tensai.

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    I never thought I'd say this, but ... dammit, give Falcy a modship!
    FALCONE 4 MOD 2027 (I'm being realistic)

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

I still can't decide if they're telling you Tensai is Japanese or not.

IMO, ADR is the best heel in the business. Throwback. My favorite in-ring worker along with Daniel Bryan, Tyson Kidd and Santino Marella.

Edit:

And Natalya

This one guy who actually has consistently got better week after week.

I'm a big fan of Antonio Cesaro, great in ring talent, isn't bad at cutting a promo and I'd love to see him hold onto the United States championship until at least Wrestlemania 29.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Lony View Post
    I'm a big fan of Antonio Cesaro, great in ring talent, isn't bad at cutting a promo and I'd love to see him hold onto the United States championship until at least Wrestlemania 29.
    Ditto. Wasn't really into him at first, since he won the title though I've really started to like him and become invested in his character. I'm getting a little tired of Michael Cole repeating week after week that Cesaro walks everywhere and sleeps on the floor though

Cesaro is without question one of the best workers on the main roster bar none. He will be in the main event picture in 2013, I have no doubt about that. Ive been watching him since ROH, and every time I saw him live, he just got better and better in the ring. His promos were never "blow me away" type promos though. He was never the best on the mic, especially since this isnt his native language, but I actually think now that he has a gimmick, his promos have gotten much better then his ROH days.

Thread Information