Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: *merged* Cena/Torch Passing/Who Should it Be?

Default *merged* Cena/Torch Passing/Who Should it Be?

- John Cena continues to work pretty banged up. There is more and more talk that Cenaís time as the full-time top star isnít going to last forever. Thereís a feeling that he will do main event storylines for as long as his body holds up and then probably work a schedule where he wouldnít always be on top but be saved for a few big matches and then eventually begin a part-time role.

The time frame of all this obviously depends on his body more than anything else but itís now being said that there is probably at least one more face of WWE that will be chosen by Vince McMahon before Vince hands over all power to Triple H and Stephanie McMahon.

- Right now, Dean Ambrose is the guy WWE officials want to build into a headliner once the angle with The Shield has run its course. At the same time, there are some in the company who think Roman Reigns has the most potential of the three. Thereís also a feeling that Reigns isnít ready as far as in-ring skills go but Ambrose and Seth Rollins are.

http://www.wrestlenewz.com/wrestling...-future-vince/

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Default Re: John Cena's future and who WWE are eyeing to replace him as #1 babyface

This doesn't really say anything about who exactly they want to be the number one face after Cena's done.

I still think it may well be someone who's not even in the company right now.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Default Re: John Cena's future and who WWE are eyeing to replace him as #1 babyface

Going by HHH's behaviour, even he doesn't know who he wants to be the next big guy.

"Seth Rollins has my seal of approval!" *looks to the left* "OOH! Big E. Langston has my seal of approval! Screw that other guy!"
    baboosh

WWE should scale back Cena's work schedule. Instead of focusing on a new super face to push WWE should take a page out of the playbook and push a dominant heel like they do with Triple H in 2000 and I guess even 2002-2003. WWE has a lot of good faces, but none of them can be pushed at the rate Cena was from 2005 to the present. The heel that they should push hard is Damien Sandow. He can talk, wrestle, and generate heat. If pushed hard he's the time of a heel where fans would pay and be eager to see a face beat -- similar to Triple H in 2000 and 2002-2003. The best part about this is Sandow was trained by the same guy that trained HHH and HHH would be backstage helping/steering Sandow. A company doesn't always need a super face to carry the company.

Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

Here's my question....

Does there really need to be a "Number One" guy?

I get that it's traditionally the case. But look at the most popular era ever, who was THE guy? Austin? Rock? Undertaker? There were a few guys. So why is there a need for a #1 with such importance? I get that you need the big name that if you beat makes you a star...but, is it that necessary? If someone beats Undertaker or John Cena or Sheamus now, are they not considered someone important already? You don't need a ONE guy to do that if you book things properly.

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

Former 2-time TNA Tag Team Champion and 3-time TNA X-Division Champion
    2010 PW Healthiest Poster....2010 NCAA Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by The Main Event View Post
    Here's my question....

I get that it's traditionally the case. But look at the most popular era ever, who was THE guy? Austin? Rock? Undertaker? There were a few guys. So why is there a need for a #1 with such importance? I get that you need the big name that if you beat makes you a star...but, is it that necessary? If someone beats Undertaker or John Cena or Sheamus now, are they not considered someone important already? You don't need a ONE guy to do that if you book things properly.
    Austin. Undoubtedly. He was closing shows weekly. He was the companies biggest merchandise seller. He was the companies premier attraction and the horse they used to carry the Attitude brand. Austin was the number 1. Rock was #2. Foley was #3.

The difference is that back then, even though Austin was THE guy, they had The Rock, Foley, and in 2000 Jericho to put butts in seats. It wasn't the Austin show. It was The WWF. It's something this company has forgotten. It shouldn't be the John Cena show, it should be the WWE, featuring all these guys you want to watch.
    baboosh

Quote Originally Posted by The Main Event View Post
    Here's my question....

I agree with all of the things you just said.

However, WWE is pretty myopic in their booking. To them, it is ONE guy with a bunch of number twos right underneath.

Of course, people will go along with whatever they do regardless. BT-Dubs, WWE...

ALEX RILEY IS STILL WITH YOUR COMPANY!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    I'll be honest, I'll probably chant CM Punk in Brooklyn again.

I'm a follower.

This will stay in my sig until John Cena vs. The Rock----THRICE AS NICE. Or until I don't think it's funny anymore.

Alex Riley? Really Deej?
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Alex Riley? OMG. I thought he was dead.

Yeah! Riley sucks! He couldn't stay over after WWE gave him a 3 week feud with Ziggler then proceeded to do nothing with him! He clearly can't cut it in WWE!
    baboosh

There next Number One Guy isn't even born yet, probably.

They have Chris Hero RIGHT there and don't know what to do with him and he is too old for them

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    Yeah! Riley sucks! He couldn't stay over after WWE gave him a 3 week feud with Ziggler then proceeded to do nothing with him! He clearly can't cut it in WWE!
    Its not that. I dont think one way or another about him. It just seemed hella random.
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Just saying, a lot of people complain Riley couldn't get over after he left Miz. I recall Dolph Ziggler ended up getting shoved down the card after his awful feud with Morrison ("MR ZIGGLES!!!"), and Baretta and McIntyre got shoved right off the card because their one month love triangle with Kelly Kelly involving Drew squashing Trent repeatedly wasn't getting madly over like they anticipated. Is that their fault? No, it was the godawful booking around the angles. Riley got off a hot feud with the Miz, to... I am Face, You are Heel with Dolph Ziggler for 3 weeks, then nothing. You can't have a hot angle with someone, and then expect that person to stay over in a lackluster angle right after it. RIley and Miz should have kept feuding into Summerslam, with a big blowoff No DQ match. It could have been an awesome 2-3 month feud, that the company fucked over because who the fuck knows.
    baboosh

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Alex Riley? Really Deej?
    Yes, really. He has the WWE look, plus, for whatever reason, he was hotter than hell after his feud with Miz. People WANTED to get behind the guy.

Than whatever happened, happened. And he disappeared.

I'm a follower.

This will stay in my sig until John Cena vs. The Rock----THRICE AS NICE. Or until I don't think it's funny anymore.

Problem with Alex Riley is that he's a 31 year old with a gimmick suitable for a 19-20 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    Problem with Alex Riley is that he's a 31 year old with a gimmick suitable for a 19-20 year old.
    CM Punk is 32 and his gimmick is suitable for a 19-20 year old.

My point is that they've had a guy in the company that they could've started grooming already, but they either chose not to or didn't see it, partially because they've spent so much of their energy and effort over the years making sure John Cena looks like a demigod and now they don't have a plan post-Cena.

I'm a follower.

I agree with most of your sentiment, Deej. Alex Riley wasn't the guy, though. At least, not in my view. I never liked anything about him.

The jabroni banning, troll canning, thread locking, always shocking. See a
    troll, don't worry I got him. Right after giving his candy ass a Lock Bottom.

@thepwforum

I agree with most of your sentiment, Deej. Alex Riley wasn't the guy, though. At least, not in my view. I never liked anything about him.
    I was never that into the guy myself, but I saw the reactions he got post-Miz-feud, and it stood out to me. I didn't get it, but it was there.

I'm a follower.

Banned

Riley was red hot when he fueded with Miz i was behind the guy 100 percent and once he ended his fued with Miz I was happy he was going into a angle with Ziggler I thought it would be great but unfourtnally it didn't end well. And since then A-Ry has not done anything
    He could have been a great midcarder maybe even a upper midcarder but wwe fucked up. Thanks WWE for ruining a red hot face.

Banned

Anybody who was in Alex Riley's spot against the Miz at that point, would have gotten over. Alex Riley however, could not generate heat on his own, without the machine behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    Yes, really. He has the WWE look, plus, for whatever reason, he was hotter than hell after his feud with Miz. People WANTED to get behind the guy.

Than whatever happened, happened. And he disappeared.
    Didn't he go down with injury?
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Didn't he go down with injury?
    He went down because he snapped back at Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post
    Anybody who was in Alex Riley's spot against the Miz at that point, would have gotten over. Alex Riley however, could not generate heat on his own, without the machine behind him.
    You could say that about pretty much anyone in the company save for about 3 people.

I'm a follower.

Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

....Who would have thought.

A thread about who's the next "#1"....and it becomes a debate on Alex Riley

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

Former 2-time TNA Tag Team Champion and 3-time TNA X-Division Champion
    2010 PW Healthiest Poster....2010 NCAA Poster of the Year

Banned

Cena can't be on top for much longer. The universe has a way of working these things out, and Cena has been "The Guy" for over half a decade. It's only a matter of time before someone new steps up.

Thread Information