Thread: WWE attendance

Default WWE attendance

Is it normal for WWE to only fill up the camera side during a TV taping and have the other half empty or are attendance figures really low lately?

Default Re: WWE attendance

RAW usually fills up, but SmackDown lately with the lack of any major stars like Cena or Punk have been filling only half way. Problem is, with smackdown folks appearing on RAW, there's no reason to go to or even watch smackDown.

Banned

I think it was 2 weeks ago, but on RAW, one of the camera angles showed that a lot of the arena was empty.

Quote Originally Posted by vinwwe View Post
    Is it normal for WWE to only fill up the camera side during a TV taping and have the other half empty or are attendance figures really low lately?
    It's kind of the new normal. It's been like this for at least 2 years in Philly. When they run these 20K seat arenas, they're not gonna fill the place unless its for a PPV. I'll be at Raw on Monday night, so we'll see if they move any tickets now that they've announced the Slammy's. They did Slammys in Philly a couple years ago, and they aren't great to sit through live.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

WWE needs to really change something with the way they're booking these shows because fan interest just isn't what it used to be.

In my area back like 10 years ago the arenas used to sell out for anything even house shows way before the day of the shows...now we cant even fill arenas for a PPV.

WWE wants to increase RAW/SD attendance? Well make the shows more important by limiting the # of PPV's run each year. With a PPV every month it's almost impossible to imagine WWE ever doing a major title change on a RAW/SD or even having a big title match/specialty match for a live broadcast. We use to get a TLC match on live TV, as well as getting an Iron Man Match on SD. That won't happen now with the new gimmick based PPVs.

I read that the tickets for this Sunday' TLC haven't met expectations yet also.

Thread Information