Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I honestly believe Ziggler is the next top guy

Default I honestly believe Ziggler is the next top guy

The guy is good. In everything he does he sets the bar high. Not to mention he is getting better every week. The guy can give u a great match with just about anyone in that roster. Hell I even think he can pull of a decent match with even Khali. Now please tell why I am wrong, if u think I am.

Default Re: I honestly believe Ziggler is the next top guy

I love this guy. Haven't seen much wrestling over the past few years. Recommend me 5 matches that best exhibit his awesomeness. I need more Ziggler in my life.

Edge vs Ziggler from Royal Rumble 2011 gets a lot of praise as does his match with Daniel Bryan from Bragging Rights 2010. I also think he has potential to be the next big star who can potentially replace Cena as the top guy. He's only what 31 years old? He is young enough that he will still be in his prime by the time Cena will likely have retired.

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

Ziggler definitely has all the skill needed to be a top guy in the WWE. He can sell anything and make it look devastating. He is one of those guys that can truly make anyone look good in the ring. Would like to see what he's capable of as a face eventually, but he still has plenty of room to work as a heel. I would recommend his match with Punk at Royal Rumble 2012 as well. I'm a bit biased since I was there live for the match.

Quote Originally Posted by Baker223 View Post
    I love this guy. Haven't seen much wrestling over the past few years. Recommend me 5 matches that best exhibit his awesomeness. I need more Ziggler in my life.
    Watch the Smackdown MITB match. Anythng he has done with Sheamus on Smackdown and on Raw. The Match with Chris Jericho . The one he had with Cena 2 weeks back on Raw. Dolf vs Daniel B on Raw, sorry don't remember the date. And Orton vs Ziggler night of champions. These are just a few and most recent.

Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

I can come up with a few...

Ziggler vs Jericho (Summerslam 2012)
    Ziggler vs CM Punk (Royal Rumble 2012)
    Ziggler vs CM Punk (Raw, November maybe, 2011)
    Ziggler vs John Morrison (Hell in a Cell 2009)
    Ziggler vs Sheamus (No Way Out 2012)
    Ziggler vs Edge (Royal Rumble 2011)
    Ziggler vs Rey Mysterio (Summerslam -maybe-, 2009)
    Ziggler vs Daniel Bryan (Bragging Rights 2010)

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

Former 2-time TNA Tag Team Champion and 3-time TNA X-Division Champion
    2010 PW Healthiest Poster....2010 NCAA Poster of the Year

The next top guy is in NXT and when you see him he'll make you say OHNO!!
    Unless Human Tornado returns to wrestling.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

If he's gonna be the top guy, someone needs to tell WWE that.

Back for the first time. T-Money's Avatar

Ziggler is already a top guy, he's in main-event after main-event caliber match and is going against the mainstay of the company John Cena.

He's put on probably four or five MOTY candidates and he's already given us "moments" - loved it when he won MITB and then when the fans chanted "We Want Ziggler" he came out and nearly cashed in on the same night.

Best moment this year for him...

He (as a heel) was more over than Sheamus by far at No Way Out.

Banned

I think Ziggler will remain a glorified jobber forever. I just dont see it when it comes to him. Hes a great mechanics guy, He makes everyone look good. But thats about all he does, He makes OTHERS look good. He himself just doesnt do it for me unless hes putting another guy over

Im probably in the minority on this site, but I don't see Ziggler on the same level as Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by oWn View Post
    Hes a great mechanics guy, He makes everyone look good. But thats about all he does, He makes OTHERS look good. He himself just doesnt do it for me unless hes putting another guy over
    I couldn't agree more.

Lebesgue Measure-aholic RawisJericho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baker223 View Post
    You have to watch the Jericho/Ziggler match from Summerslam 2012 as recommended already. I might be a bit biased, but it was a superb match.

I think Ziggler is the next top guy, if and only if WWE lets him be. Right now it seems like they aren't sure if he is the next big star or not. Its looking more and more like he and Vickie will be splitting up for good, I'm not sure if that is the best thing for him or not. It will certainly give him a chance to do more mic work and improve his promo ability. He is already superb in the ring, but WWE has to trust him for him to be the next top guy.

How is dropping the heat vacuum a bad thing?

She's brought down everyone around her. Edge took a step back, Chavo never had a chance, Escobar....does anyone remember Escobar?, Swagger went further downhill, Ziggler has been stuck in the mud for way too long now.

She's great at getting heat by being awful and annoying. But when paired with someone it doesn't elevate them to anything more than that dude with Vickie.

Dolph is getting more time lately, and ya know what happened Monday...he got the duling chants "Let's Go Ziggler" "Ziggler Sucks". That's a damn good sign.

Lebesgue Measure-aholic RawisJericho's Avatar

I'm not saying dropping Vickie is definitely a bad thing, but his character has been partially defined by his association with her for awhile. It will just be a new experience, I'm sure hes up to the task.

Quote Originally Posted by RawisJericho View Post
    I'm not saying dropping Vickie is definitely a bad thing, but his character has been partially defined by his association with her for awhile. It will just be a new experience, I'm sure hes up to the task.
    The way he can be fresh on the mic (ie: his commentary this segment this week), he'll be just fine. He doesn't need her, hasn't needed her for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by oWn View Post
    I think Ziggler will remain a glorified jobber forever. I just dont see it when it comes to him. Hes a great mechanics guy, He makes everyone look good. But thats about all he does, He makes OTHERS look good. He himself just doesnt do it for me unless hes putting another guy over
    What's missing for u? What is it that he doesn't have that he needs to reach that level. I sure can't see it

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

Not enough roids, tassles, or facepaint.

Since someone is asking what is he missing, think it's only fair to say what he brings to the table:

-Consistent in-ring excitement and skill
    -Makes others look amazing (which for a young talent AND a heel, that's great)
    -Fresh on the mic
    -Brings excitement
    -Marketable look and confidence, also apparently a very nice guy which will go over well on promotions

I'd say one thing he is missing is a believable finisher. The Zig Zag has never been an impressive move to end a match and the sleeper is more suited for the 1980's for a finisher.

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

He is good but he is missing "it". flame away!

Thanks for all the recommendations. I'm going to run over to Youtube after this post.

I'm going to start with the recommended Morrison match. I love me some JoMo. He was sort of in the same position for me in 2010-2011 that Ziggler is now. Didn't really have much interest in the overall product, but I'd stop and watch if he was on my TV screen. I also just have a feeling those two would match up really well.

Then I'll check out the Sheamus match(es) because that's another dude I need to see more of. I've liked what I've seen from the big Irishman (Goldust feud and a few Daniel Bryan Raw matches around last year's Wrestlemania)

And we'll take it from there.

First time I saw Dolph was in OVW. He was doing an amateur wrestler gimmick. I thought he was really dull and didn't have much of a future. Then he was my 4th favorite guy in the 5 Man Spirit Squad. Then he was doing Robbie Dawber's OVW "Hi" gimmick in WWE. Had a surprisingly fun debut vs. Batista. Saw a few 2 minute matches of his last year around WM. Then I sort of lost track of him until I came to this forum.

I always read a bunch of good things about Dolph, but never bothered to check his stuff out. I think I was put off by totally superficial things like the lame ring name and longterm Vickie alliance. But after watching some clips of his sick bumps on this forum, I'm super intrigued. Enough rambling....Off to Youtube I go!

Of all the comparison's he gets with guys like Perfect and HBK, he reminds me most of Steve Austin from 91-94 in WCW. Just a very solid mid-carder that could easily be main event, and gives you match of the night. And although I don't see him becoming the biggest star in the business, I do see him becoming a top guy and multiple time World Champion. I don't think they will screw this up...and I'm intrigued how he'll do as a babyface, which shouldn't happen for a while.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Crippler View Post
    Not enough roids, tassles, or facepaint.
    No thats not it. I think he needs to act more like Somoa Joe and Bane. I think if he was more like those two he would be perfect. Maybe he can take the fat from Somoa Joe and mix it with the excellent mic skills of Bane and then I think he would be great. Im sure you agree right Banana Joe?

Thread Information