Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WHC Title Picture for WM 29

Default WHC Title Picture for WM 29

I'm OK with Orton winning the Rumble. He hasn't had the championship since the fall of 2011, he put Kane over at WM and Ziggler at the Survivor Series. His work this year in the ring has been stellar. Sheamus has been great this year with his matches and promos. I believe he deserves another main even spot at WM. The most deserving of a main event spot at WM is Dolph Ziggler. That's why I would very much like to see Ziggler vs. Orton vs. Sheamus for the World Title at WM 29.

I would make this match as so:

- Sheamus regains the title from Show at TLC; Ziggler retains MITB vs. Cena
    - Sheamus retains at the Royal Rumble vs. Show or maybe Mark Henry
    - Orton wins the Royal Rumble
    - Sheamus retains the title at Elimination Chamber, but Ziggler cashes in on him to win the title
    - Orton picks Ziggler as his opponent for WM 29 for the title, but Sheamus wants his rematch
    - Ziggler gets Dq'd against Sheamus and retains or Orton interferes.
    - Booker makes the match at WM 29 for the World Heavyweight Championship: Ziggler (c) vs. Orton vs. Sheamus

What are your thoughts or ideas for the World Title scene going into WM 29?

*As for the RAW title picture I'd assume the #1 Contender will be decided at Elimination Chamber. I don't see Rock defending his WWE Title (if he wins it) at Elimination Chamber.

World's Largest Member Lionhart's Avatar

Default Re: WHC Title Picture for WM 29

I see Dolph heading in as champion. He's ready. I think the triple threat is a good idea, seeing as Dolph vs. Sheamus and Dolph vs. Orton have already happened in recent months.

Spoiler

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

I'm pretty sure that the WHC will probably be Bigshow vs Ryback this year.

I see Ryback winning the Rumble and needing a big challenge for Mania which is where Show comes in.

The Shellshock on Bigshow will sereve as his super human moment like when Goldberg jackhammered Bigshow back in the days of WCW.

Even though the jackhammer on Show is 1,000x more impressive than any move that starts in a fireman's carry Imo.

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Orton winning the Royal Rumble would be terrible. He's as irrelevant now as he's ever been, and they need to give the Rumble win to someone who actually matters.

It should be either Cena or Ryback.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Banned

Totally agree with champ orton does not deserve a rumble win. He has 2 strikes why should wwe invest money into him he could fuck up again. He should just carry on with what he's doing now.
    Any way the guy I want too win this year is none other than Ryback.

I like Ryback, but I feel he's lost momentum since losing to CM Punk at HIAC. When they first had their interaction Ryback was hot. That was the time to put the WWE Title on him, but WWE was in the middle of Punk's quest for 365. They were in a tough spot. If Ryback is going to win the Rumble and go on to face the WHC at WM he needs a big time Royal Rumble moment. Giving a clothesline to a heel to win the Rumble (like Barrett, Sandow, Del Rio) won't do much for him since it will be so predictable. But eliminating someone of the stature of John Cena or Randy Orton will. The best Rumble finishes have been face vs. face encounters (Lex/Bret, HBK/Taker, Cena/HHH, Edge/Cena). A Ryback-Cena battle to win the Rumble would be amazing to watch. I'm OK with Ryback winning, as long as it's booked non-predictably.

Banned

I honestly can't see anyone but Ryback winning the Rumble. I see them letting him toss Cena out last (hopefully to a big pop), and they might even let him break Kane's Rumble elimination streak. Then he beats Big Show for the WHC.

Ryback if a face wins it, Dolph if a heel wins. Ryback makes most sense, but a little too obvious at this point so I'd like to see a surprise. Maybe have Ryback win an Elimination Chamber instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    Ryback if a face wins it, Dolph if a heel wins. Ryback makes most sense, but a little too obvious at this point so I'd like to see a surprise. Maybe have Ryback win an Elimination Chamber instead.
    Yeah. That's the good thing about having EC. It makes the Rumble less predictable because it gives WWE another chance to build someone/give a title shot for WM.

Ryback is already still in a title picture. The TLC title match with Punk is off but the title match is now being possibly planned for the New Years Eve edition of RAW (my guess being in a Steel Cage). Even though yes Ryback would be a good choice to win the Rumble, do you still think its a good direction to go to now seeing he was just in a title fued with Punk? Are they really gonna have Ryback win that Rumble & make his choosing quite obvious?

Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

One of two options, depending on how bold they want to be and the outcome of the Money in the Bank match Sunday.

1 - Dolph Ziggler wins on Sunday

-Big Show holds onto the championship through Wrestlemania
    -Ryback wins the Royal Rumble
    -Dolph Ziggler booked in a match for Wrestlemania against Sheamus or a returning Chris Jericho
    -Big Show vs Ryback starts the card
    -Big Show wins via shifty finish, Ryback destroys him and hits the backpack stunner, then the march slam.
    -Dolph runs down with the briefcase, cashes in, wins the World Heavyweight Championship
    -Dolph defends the championship later that night

2 - John Cena wins on Sunday

-John Cena cashes in on Big Show, wins the championship, gets revenge for Big Show costing him the original cash-in.
    -CM Punk defeats The Rock at Royal Rumble

Then you have two options:
    -The Rock vs Brock Lesnar II at Wrestlemania along with Dolph Ziggler vs John Cena for the World Championship
    or
    -The Rock vs John Cena II for the World Heavyweight Championship at Wrestlemania

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

Former 2-time TNA Tag Team Champion and 3-time TNA X-Division Champion
    2010 PW Healthiest Poster....2010 NCAA Poster of the Year

I'm guessing the Ryback Title match will be at RAW's 2oth Anniversary show, not the New Year's show.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    I'm guessing the Ryback Title match will be at RAW's 2oth Anniversary show, not the New Year's show.
    Here's the plan as of today:
    Spoiler

As far as the WHC goes, I'm okay with the proposed scenario of a triple threat, although I'd prefer Orton didn't win the Rumble, nor do I want Ziggler going into WM as Champ. With those two limitations, I would settle for what TME said with The Rock and John Cena facing off for it in the main event.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

- If things stay as planned, the World Heavyweight Title at WrestleMania 29 will be decided with a Randy Orton vs. Sheamus match. This would mean one of them has to win the title between now and then. Orton would be working the match as a heel.

Credit: nodq
    I like this plan. I've wanted to see this match ever since Sheamus turned face. They had a great match at HIAC a few years ago. The dynamics of this match change if Orton is a heel, and the storyline would be good if they played up Orton claiming he's "LET" Sheamus be the top dog on Smackdown.

Once again, the problem with this match is that it leaves Dolph Ziggler out of the WHC match at WM. I'm starting to think Dolph won't be involved in the WHC match.

credit wrestling observer newsletter

If things stay as planned, the World Heavyweight Title at WrestleMania 29 will be decided with a Randy Orton vs. Sheamus match. This would mean one of them has to win the title between now and then. Orton would be working the match as a heel.

Heel Orton vs Sheamus has potential for greatness.

But as I always do with these reports, I will take it as baseless speculation, not think about it any more, and wait until March to see what will actually happen.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Orton winning the Royal Rumble would be terrible. He's as irrelevant now as he's ever been, and they need to give the Rumble win to someone who actually matters.

It should be either Cena or Ryback.
    Or you give it to somebody that needs it. Orton is only irrelevant, because they didnt have anything for him to do while they gave the ball to Sheamus. Orton has been putting on consistently good to great matches when he's been healthy this year and I wouldnt mind seeing him being given another chance.

2 strikes?

Irrelevant?

Bland and played out?

Yeah, sounds like a good option should they choose to do so . Who needs to develop new stars anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post
    Or you give it to somebody that needs it. Orton is only irrelevant, because they didnt have anything for him to do while they gave the ball to Sheamus. Orton has been putting on consistently good to great matches when he's been healthy this year and I wouldnt mind seeing him being given another chance.
    I hate the idea of giving the Rumble win to someone who "needs it." It's that philosophy that has caused the Rumble to decline so sharply in importance over the last few years.

Orton winning the Rumble out of nowhere after being irrelevant for the months leading up to it would be terrible.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

I'd much rather finally have the following:

Sheamus vs Ryback
    Sheamus vs Dolph Ziggler
    Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan II...and a half (would be III but, yeah, dark matched and then 18 seconds)
    Sheamus vs John Cena
    Sheamus vs Wade Barrett

Hell, I'd rather have Sheamus vs Heath Slater right now.

I'm not against the idea of Sheamus vs Randy Orton in a non-title opener.

But it shouldn't be for the WHC.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    I'm not against the idea of Sheamus vs Randy Orton in a non-title opener.

But it shouldn't be for the WHC.
    Agreed 100%

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Main Event View Post
    Agreed 100%
    Same here I could skip that match and go on to watch Ryback Vs Ziggler for the WHC.

I know people here don't like Orton, but the guy does put up solid matches especially when he's involved in either the WWE or World Championship. His series of matches with Christian were thrilling and his Fall 2009 feud with Cena. His HIAC match with Sheamus in 2010 was one of the more underrated matches in recent time.

I don't really have a problem with Orton being involved in the WHC picture around Wrestlemania. I know a lot feel he has become boring or stale but all he needs, I feel, is a storyline and a slight character change from the creative. We all know he puts on good matches so I don't mind if Randy has some sort of relevant feud or matches sometime in the near future.

Thread Information