Thread: Undertaker's Wrestlemania Match...idea for new opponent

Default Undertaker's Wrestlemania Match...idea for new opponent

So we know Undertaker is wrestling now and has pitched an opponent to WWE. It could be Rock, CM Punk, Cena, Orton, Brock, or even Kane. But I think there is one wrestler who is always left out of the picture who could give Undertaker a really great match and surprise some people. That man is none other than Captain Charisma, Christian. Christian is a seasoned veteran who is a great worker in the ring, as he showed in his great feud with Orton last year. Put in a high profile situation with Undertaker, I think he could thrive. I know it's not the "money match", but with Cena, Brock, Rock, Punk, and Orton on the card and possibly Triple H, it's got plenty of drawing power. Then they can have the big money Cena vs Taker match, or Brock vs Taker, or whatever they choose at the big wrestlemania 30. But Christian and Taker have never feuded which would make it completely new and fresh, and I believe the quality of the match would be amazing! They've had one 1 on 1 match ever and it ended in dq. I think it'd be a shocking choice, but also really fun. Thoughts?

Lebesgue Measure-aholic RawisJericho's Avatar

Default Re: Undertaker's Wrestlemania Match...idea for new opponent

I'd love to see Christian face Undertaker...it would probably be a great match, but the fact is that Wrestlemania is all about the money match. Whoever Undertaker faces at WM will be a much bigger name (to the casual fan) than Christian.

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

The guy held the WHC for five days.

They would never be able to sell him as a legit threat.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

You know what I would love to see The Undertaker do at Wrestlemania? Run the Gauntlet. Have 6 or 7 guys compete in it to test Taker's will against consistently fresh guys. It could be an interesting twist to his streak.

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    The guy held the WHC for five days.

They would never be able to sell him as a legit threat.
    At this point, does anyone really think anyone is a legit threat? I'd like to think Punk has a shot this year, or one of the other guys, but i Don't think anyone does except Cena. I think Christian and he can sell this on the mic and have a great match! I do see what you're saying though. I just think he's been underrated his whole career and it's a bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by CM Punk'd View Post
    You know what I would love to see The Undertaker do at Wrestlemania? Run the Gauntlet. Have 6 or 7 guys compete in it to test Taker's will against consistently fresh guys. It could be an interesting twist to his streak.
    Well, it's a better idea than a handicap match against Big Show and A-Train.

Okay, fine, I'm onboard. No one person is enough to test the streak, so Undertaker just goes full-on berserker and blitzkriegs half the roster. That sounds cool. Although that could also work for Ryback (so Undertaker can go one-on-one with someone and put on another 4-and-a-half-star classic).

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

I'd like to see Chris Jericho return at Wrestlemania just to Wrestle the Undertaker...

Then they can both fuck off for a year afterwards...

...See You Space Cowboy

Lebesgue Measure-aholic RawisJericho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    I'd like to see Chris Jericho return at Wrestlemania just to Wrestle the Undertaker...

Then they can both fuck off for a year afterwards...
    I'd love to see that match too, obviously. However, I'm sure most will say Jericho would not be credible threat which is probably fair. Theres really no way Jericho would end the streak. On the other hand, I don't see anyone other than Cena having a greater than 0% chance of ending the streak.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMyDietSoda View Post
    At this point, does anyone really think anyone is a legit threat? I'd like to think Punk has a shot this year, or one of the other guys, but i Don't think anyone does except Cena. I think Christian and he can sell this on the mic and have a great match! I do see what you're saying though. I just think he's been underrated his whole career and it's a bummer.
    They might be able to get some people believing that Punk could do it, considering how much of the focus has been on him these last few months.

NO ONE is going to believe that Christian will.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Banned

There's no way they'd ever put Christian in there with Taker at Wrestlemania. Never mind being a threat or not, he's not a big enough star overall to warrant having a match with Taker on the big stage, and ever since WM23, Taker only fights the big names at Wrestlemania now (Batista, Edge, HBK, Triple H, Cena eventually, etc.) I know you could make the "not a megastar" claim against Punk as well, who might very well fight Taker next year, but he's at least been world champion for over a year now so it's more plausible for him to have a match with Taker.

Unless it's Brock or Punk, I don't see Taker fighting anyone next year.

I like Christian, but why would anybody think he's anywhere near the level to face Undertaker at WrestleMania? People would laugh, no joke. Terrible idea.

Santino would have a better chance at facing Taker than Christian.

It would be very boring anyway. Christian's always been very overrated.

Hell where the hell is Christian anyway, still injured?

People would find it funny.

It's laughable. Literally. They could never pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    Santino would have a better chance at facing Taker than Christian.

It would be very boring anyway. Christian's always been very overrated.

Hell where the hell is Christian anyway, still injured?
    I think he's healthy again and they are waiting to bring him back but i'm not sure. If anything Christian has been underrated. You put him in the ring with anyone and give them time and Christian will put on a good match with them. The only problem with it I see is the star factor. But Christian is more than talented enough to have the match.

No one's saying it couldn't be a good match, but you don't just want good matches at WrestleMania. You want spectacles.

Bender

I love me some Christian but no way should he face Undertaker at Wrestlemania.I think right now in his career and being 38 he's best used in the mid card or in a tag team.Ideally for me he would face Antonio Cesaro for the US Title at Wrestlemania 29.

Speaking of Christan....where the hell has he been? I'm not a huge fan or hater, but it seems the guy gets hurt an awful lot if that's why hes been missing in action.

Save Us

Since last years match was billed as "The end of an era" then the Undertaker should face someone from this era, not Brock Lesnar or Christian or anyone else from long ago. That leaves maybe Cena or Punk, but both seem to have plans this year. This is of course assuming WWE remembers last year, which is not a given. Ryback might have been a good choice if they kept up the undefeated streak until then. I know it's been done before but I would be ok with Taker retiring Kane this year and maybe facing Cena at WM 30. I know no one likes Kane here, but he has to be retired by Taker, plain and simple.
    "I'd like to apologize to the people. I've bet on wrestling." Bobby "The Brain" Heenan
    PSN ID: Jessd76

Currently playing:
    Gran Turismo 6
    Grand Theft Auto V
    Call of Duty: Ghosts

HY2JF is right, it needs to be someone from this era. Even though only Punk and Cena are truly believable challengers to the streak itself and big enough marquee names to be deemed "deserving" by the ridiculous standards of the masses, that doesn't mean some slightly-lesser threat can't have a great match and make use of the rub. After all, WWE can't have Undertaker put on a classic with an extremely-well-established veteran every year. No, that doesn't mean Christian. It means one of two up-and-coming heels in WWE:

1. Wade Barrett, the bare-knuckle brawler. Give him a sustained push through Royal Rumble, and have him decide that to cement the legacy of his Barrett Barrage, he must face the best pure striker in WWE's history. He's physically imposing enough to look like a credible opponent for Undertaker, he's charismatic enough to carry the bulk of the promo work, and he's over enough as a competitor to at least look like a threat. Really, the only thing he's missing is a sustained push. So give him that--keep him away from Orton, Sheamus, and Cena unless he's able to go over them--and he'll be great for the role.

2. Cody Rhodes, the successor to the Legend Killer. What Cody loses in size, he makes up for in resourcefulness and sheer viciousness. He's not as physically believable against an opponent of Undertaker's stature, unfortunately. But if he comes back from his injury the right way and is given an immediate push--something that shows that despite his slightly-smaller size, he can still beat anyone--he might be able to challenge Taker in a more cerebral fashion. Mind games leading up to WrestleMania, something like that. Give Undertaker a real feud that goes beyond the rather boring and repetitive builds of the last few years.

Of the two, Wade is the more believable opponent as things stand right now, and I don't see that changing. But in both cases, these men are good enough to put on a great match, and Undertaker can turn it into a spectacle. And it's been a long time since the Deadman gave a rub to someone who wasn't already at the top of the mountain. While, yes, WWE would more than likely try to preserve Undertaker for people on that Michaels-Hunter-Cena level ... it kills the chance of a lot younger talent to get a much-deserved opportunity to shine in the most meaningful match left in WWE.

So let last year stand as the End of an Era. Open up the Streak to the new era. How else are they going to make new stars who can be compared fairly to the stars of the past?

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

I actually had a whole feud with Barrett and Taker planned out when Barrett got injured. He'd come back as basically a kickboxer or a Mixed Martial Artist, and basically challenge the legitimacy of the Undertaker. He'd call Undertaker a clown, an old man hiding behind parlor tricks. And you'd get the lightning and the thunder and the blackouts, and it wouldn't phase Barrett, because he doesn't believe in The Undertaker. Until Taker finally returns and Chokeslams the shit out of him, setting up the Mania match.

Banned

Wade Barrett is so boring. And I don't see why anyone would think Cody Rhodes was a viable option either; he's done nothing lately to warrant anyone taking him as a serious threat against Taker, or any main eventer for that matter. I also think his size works against him.

Thread Information