Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one who finds The Rock Annoying

History Beckons Macho Man MachoMark's Avatar

Default Am I the only one who finds The Rock Annoying

Take his epic return in 2011, great moment and his Austin praise and Cena mocking was gold but he irritates the fuck out of me with how he talks and his redundant catch-phrases.

In 98-99 he was fucking amazing, but since 2002 his voice has got on my nerves.

-Banner Credit to Spike

There is no Hall of Fame without Randy Savage.

Default Re: Am I the only one who finds The Rock Annoying

His talks about twittering, tweeting,twittertainment, were extremely grating.
    I also hated his low blows towards Cena and the CeNation. He called adult male Cena fans virgins and losers, well I'm neither.

Wipe him down with gasoline, till his arms are hard and mean.
    From now on boy this iron boat's your home.

Well he repeats his old catchphrases because, what the hell else is he supposed to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

History Beckons Macho Man MachoMark's Avatar

I just dont like his delivery when he talks so fast, nails on a chalboard.

No No No the Rock is here, live in MEEEAAAAMIIIII just shut the fuck up

-Banner Credit to Spike

There is no Hall of Fame without Randy Savage.

The things I find annoying about The Rock nowadays don't really have much to do with his promos.

Granted, he's been watered down some and I hate the constant Twitter pandering. But he's still capable of cutting an excellent promo.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

It's Clobberin' Time Summer of Punk's Avatar

The fact that he's going to move to 3-0 after the Rumble really annoys me.

Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig.

The whole booking of the return has been dreadful.

A completely one sided feud with Cena in which Rock stood tall at every PPV they shared, and then an early WWE Title match announcement that took the sails out of months' worth of programming.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

He never bugged me until his return, which just became "I, @THEGREATONE, WILL WHOOP @JOHNCENAS #ROODYPOOCANDYASS!" every fucking promo.
    Bow before Da Look. Resistance is Futile.

Wouldn't say I find him annoying, but after playing WWE 13 and playing with the two versions of The Rock in addition to playing the Attitude Era mode, Rock in his current incarnation is certainly missing a bit of the swagger that he had in 98-99. Miss things like the little mannerisms he had like his hand gestures while on the turnbuckle and slapping his thighs as he entered the ring.
    Last edited by Jodaku; 12-07-2012 at 06:59 PM.

Thought he was staying around when he came back....We all knew better. Make up your mind: Be a 2nd level actor or a WWE Super Star? WWE giving you a tittle shot is a complete joker. Cena said it the best. He's been here for 10 years,night inand night out. Where have you been.

Back during his prime I couldn't stand The Rock, or his promos. Now I have a lot of respect for him because he just has that one of a kind "Ali" type of natural charisma, and he was a great in ring performer, but back in 99-00 I couldn't stand the dude. Everybody would run around school shouting his little one liners, and even today I still just don't really get why people believe he was so great on the microphone. I go back and watch some of his promos from his prime, and he just had nothing on guys like Foley or Austin. Not even close. He said the same things over and over and over and over again. I found him highly annoying in 99-00, one of the many reason's why I gave up on WWE at the time.

Of all the Rock's work I think his heel stuff was his best. Couldn't stand a face Rock. He was a fantastic heel though.

Well Rock needs to bring his A game in the promos leading into the Rumble with CM Punk. We know CM Punk will be ready... and angry during the promos. Rock's promos were good, but some of it became corny. But I believe he will be ready and entertaining with Punk -- there's a genuine disdain there between the two.

I'm apathetic towards hi but he draws. As a performer the last 2 Manias he was pretty laughable, promos and otherwise. However he is a legit star, so he is doing something right

Rock was my favorite wrestler in 1998. He was fresh, exciting and gold on the mic. Basically an updated version of Ric Flair for the 90s. Back then he came up with hilarious new material on a weekly basis. Still liked him a lot in 1999 into 2000. But at some point in 2000 he started getting redundant for me. Hated him in 2001/2002, especially when I bought into the whole "selling out to Hollywood" thing. But he got back on my good side in 2003 when he incorporated that into his character.

I haven't seen much of The Rock's stuff since he came back because I haven't had much interest in current wrestling over the past few years. It sounds pretty bad but I did like his promos leading up to his appearance at WM 27. He does have an undeniable natural charisma and the rare ability to figuratively hold the crowd in the palm of his hand while he is speaking.
    Last edited by Baker; 12-07-2012 at 12:55 PM.

What I would really like to see is to have Rock interact with Punk in front of a smarky/IWCish type crowd.

Rock/Punk in ROH? Yeah, they would finally draw a crowd

Quote Originally Posted by The Industry View Post
    Rock/Punk in ROH? Yeah, they would finally draw a crowd
    I was thinking Chicago...

Are we really making Punk some kind of Chicago Hero?

Are we really making Punk some kind of Chicago Hero?
    Yes. It would be awesome to see Punk interact with Rock in Chicago rather than Dayton Ohio! No offense to Dayton. I'd love to see how Rock would react going against Punk in a promo with Punk's Chicago crowd behind him.

So Punk would only get a heads up on Rock if it was in his hometown?

Doesn't make Punk look too good

So Punk would only get a heads up on Rock if it was in his hometown?

Doesn't make Punk look too good

I didn't say that. Why are assuming that? All I;m saying is that it would make for a better interaction. Wouldn't you like to see Rock in a road game feel for a promo?

Because you equate "Smark Crowd" with Chicago and you said you wanted to see Rock/Punk in front of a "Smark Crowd", however they would have to be in front of A "Smark Crowd" in Chicago where Rock is at a disadvantage.

Chicago didn't event "Smark Crowds" and if that is the only way Punk could get a heads up on Rock, it makes Punk seem like sort of a joke.

I like good Promos and don't need a "home/Away" team to enjoy...Just be good

Wait wait wait....The Rock was in Dayton?
    When was this? Why wasn't I told?

Rock is the man....I hate the fact that he comes back on such a part time basis. On a very rational level, I acknowledge that it can be irritating or annoying.

If I'm being honest tho, I mark out every single time he's on tv.

Wow, a whole lot of hate going on here for The Rock. I always thought everyone loved the man. To me, Rock is and always will be pure gold. When I first began watching right at the start of 1999 he immediately stuck out to me with his natural charisma. I think his greatest year was probably 2003, his stuff with The Hurricane, Austin, etc was superb. Anyone who didn't find any of the stuff that he did that year when he was around doesn't have a sense of humor.

Last year's build up to WrestleMania could have been better, but I still found him entertaining. Just think maybe he had to water some of his stuff down because of the product the way it is these days possibly. Being a BIG Rock mark, I'm sort of going to love seeing him with the title one last time, but I can see why people are hating it because him not being around at all. If it was anybody other than him, I'd hate it also. But yeah, can't wait to see him back on my TV. The most Charismatic wrestler of all time, IMO. Just like someone else said he has "Ali type charisma", that statement alone says a hell of a lot about how great he is.
    Thanks too Fresh Prince

Aside from a couple of promos, i think the rock has been great. Those vignettes in Boston were probably my favorite. They were very creative and different from your average wwe promo.

I think some of the hate stems from the fact he's opposing two of the biggest stars in the company, who have their own dedicated fanbases. In regards to the effect rocks return has had on booking the title- I think it's actually been a positive one. I love long title reigns as i feel they add prestige to the title.

The problem i have with booking was wwe pretty much setting ryback up to fail 3 times in a row, then using the sheild as a cop out. Of course this is a shitty decision that really has nothing to do with rock.
    Last edited by TheGodamnBatman; 12-07-2012 at 11:29 AM.

Thread Information