Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 57

Thread: Lockdown 2013

  1. #1
    Senior Member KB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    359

    Default Lockdown 2013

    Last week TNA announced San Antonio for “LOCKDOWN” live PPV on March 10th in the Alamodome. This will be a huge test to see if TNA can fill up a large arena. In said in can sit anywhere from 30,000 to 72,000 people. Lockdown is one of TNA's popular PPV's. But, I think it will be very tough to book an arena of this size, unless from now til March TNA comes up with something. Bound for Glory was around 5,000 to 6,000 people. So how will they pull this off, what can they do to draw large crowds (Despite giving away tons of free tickets)?

  2. #2
    Banned The_Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    At the feet of HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN
    Posts
    1,069

    Default Re: Lockdown 2013

    I don't expect them to sell out the entire arena. But they can sell quite a bit. While he may not be the main even I expect HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN to wrestle on the show to sell more tickets. But the key (as always) is that TNA has got to advertise. They need a crew in San Antonio talking about this on all the radio shows and newspapers. And then as it gets closer get the wrestlers to appear on the local TV shows.

  3. #3
    Too old for this shit Falcone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Age
    24
    Posts
    14,812

    Default Re: Lockdown 2013

    Since this is as good a place as any, good to see TNA finally has their priorities straight. Jeff Hardy is the champion, and going into one of their biggest shows of the year, it's great to see they're focusing on all the good talent they have at their disposal, and basing the show aro



    baboosh

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.
    Age
    21
    Posts
    6,996

    Default Re: Lockdown 2013

    inb4 HOLLYWOODHULKHOGAN IS THE KING OF ALL WRESTLING, BROTHER.

  5. #5
    @CatholicSins Raven*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    22
    Posts
    9,916

    Default Re: Lockdown 2013

    As Robbie E says, you can't be serious bro.

  6. #6
    Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,867

    Default Re: Lockdown 2013

    .....Really?

    The Alamodome?

    I think there's been Disney Rollerbladers on Astroturf that will outdraw this

    THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE


    Former 2-time TNA Tag Team Champion and 3-time TNA X-Division Champion
    2010 PW Healthiest Poster....2010 NCAA Poster of the Year

  7. #7
    PW Poster Since 2003 Lony's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Jericho Land
    Age
    28
    Posts
    19,107

    Default Re: Lockdown 2013

    Poster looks awesome, makes sense to put your biggest star front and center.


    The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

  8. #8
    tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    South of the Texas
    Age
    32
    Posts
    21,559

    Default Re: Lockdown 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Lony View Post
    Poster looks awesome, makes sense to put your biggest star front and center.
    Funny, that doesn't look like Hardy or Sting...

    Oh, and that's not just a snarky joke... I'm being semi-serious here.

  9. #9
    PW Poster Since 2003 Lony's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Jericho Land
    Age
    28
    Posts
    19,107

    Default Re: Lockdown 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post
    Funny, that doesn't look like Hardy or Sting...

    Oh, and that's not just a snarky joke... I'm being semi-serious here.
    Hogan as a broken down old man is still a bigger star then everyone else on the active roster... it is what it is.


    The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

  10. #10
    tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    South of the Texas
    Age
    32
    Posts
    21,559

    Default Re: Lockdown 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Lony View Post
    Hogan as a broken down old man is still a bigger star then everyone else on the active roster... it is what it is.
    Bull! Sting draws more ratings than him... and Hardy draws bigger crowd reactions than him. Hogan used up all his stock a month after he walked into the Impact Zone. Now his name is worth shit.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.
    Age
    21
    Posts
    6,996

    Default Re: Lockdown 2013

    And, more importantly, Hogan is not wrestling every week. He's not doing stuff every week. All he does every week is run his mouth. ANd if you watch a wrestling program to see someone run their mouth, something is wrong with you. You need to promote the guys who actually will be wrestling. Hogan should be publicizing TNA, hyping it up, plugging it whenever he's in interviews, but I don't think he's ever talked about TNA except in the cases where it's doing everything wrong.

  12. #12
    PW Poster Since 2003 Lony's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Jericho Land
    Age
    28
    Posts
    19,107

    Default Re: Lockdown 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post
    Bull! Sting draws more ratings than him... and Hardy draws bigger crowd reactions than him. Hogan used up all his stock a month after he walked into the Impact Zone. Now his name is worth shit.
    You ask a guy on the street who Hulk Hogan is and they'll know.

    You ask the same guy who Jeff Hardy is and they might know.

    You ask the same guy who Sting is and they might get confused with the singer.

    You ask the same guy who Austin Aries is and they'll have no fucking idea who he is.


    The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

  13. #13
    tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    South of the Texas
    Age
    32
    Posts
    21,559

    Default Re: Lockdown 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Lony View Post
    You ask a guy on the street who Hulk Hogan is and they'll know.

    You ask the same guy who Jeff Hardy is and they might know.

    You ask the same guy who Sting is and they might get confused with the singer.

    You ask the same guy who Austin Aries is and they'll have no fucking idea who he is.
    I can ask a person on the street if they know who OJ Simpson is and they'll know... That doesn't mean they'd actually shell out money to go see his ass...

  14. #14
    Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,867

    Default Re: Lockdown 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post
    I can ask a person on the street if they know who OJ Simpson is and they'll know... That doesn't mean they'd actually shell out money to go see his ass...
    Actually, pretty sure most would no matter what. People are fascinated by controversy. Ask Eric Bischoff's book.

    THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE


    Former 2-time TNA Tag Team Champion and 3-time TNA X-Division Champion
    2010 PW Healthiest Poster....2010 NCAA Poster of the Year

  15. #15
    tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    South of the Texas
    Age
    32
    Posts
    21,559

    Default Re: Lockdown 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by The Main Event View Post
    Actually, pretty sure most would no matter what. People are fascinated by controversy. Ask Eric Bischoff's book.
    Just because you put it on a book... doesn't make it true... Heh.

    Besides, when's the last time Bischoff actually made anybody some serious money?

  16. #16
    PW Poster Since 2003 Lony's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Jericho Land
    Age
    28
    Posts
    19,107

    Default Re: Lockdown 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post
    I can ask a person on the street if they know who OJ Simpson is and they'll know... That doesn't mean they'd actually shell out money to go see his ass...
    Point is people are more then likely to order the PPV if Hogan's on the PPV poster then say a guy like Kenny King or Joey Ryan.


    The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

  17. #17
    Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,867

    Default Re: Lockdown 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post
    Just because you put it on a book... doesn't make it true... Heh.

    Besides, when's the last time Bischoff actually made anybody some serious money?
    Shortly after the last time OJ Simpson was taken seriously?

    THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE


    Former 2-time TNA Tag Team Champion and 3-time TNA X-Division Champion
    2010 PW Healthiest Poster....2010 NCAA Poster of the Year

  18. #18
    tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    South of the Texas
    Age
    32
    Posts
    21,559

    Default Re: Lockdown 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Lony View Post
    Point is people are more then likely to order the PPV if Hogan's on the PPV poster then say a guy like Kenny King or Joey Ryan.
    Are you trying to say that Sting and Hardy are in the same league as Jay Lethal's older brother and Sleaze? Or are you just trying to use a cheat code to win this argument? Either way, I admire your tenacity.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    On Falcone's Pillow
    Posts
    2,166

    Default Re: Lockdown 2013

    No. He's being logical. If you try to deny that Hulk Hogan is a bigger star than Jeff Hardy or Sting (though Sting isn't too far off) then he really doesnt hae to cheat to win, because he already won.

  20. #20
    tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    South of the Texas
    Age
    32
    Posts
    21,559

    Default Re: Lockdown 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post
    No. He's being logical. If you try to deny that Hulk Hogan is a bigger star than Jeff Hardy or Sting (though Sting isn't too far off) then he really doesnt hae to cheat to win, because he already won.
    Hogan was a bigger star. His time has passed. All he is now is just a pop culture reference to be used as a punchline. Seriously, look where TNA has gotten by revolving around him. He's Ric Flair.

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    On Falcone's Pillow
    Posts
    2,166

    Default Re: Lockdown 2013

    Hogan is still a bigger star. This isn't questionable in the least, man.

  22. #22
    tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    South of the Texas
    Age
    32
    Posts
    21,559

    Default Re: Lockdown 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post
    Hogan is still a bigger star. This isn't questionable in the least, man.
    All he has is name recognition. And that name only means anything significant to older fans these days. Why are people still buying into his hype? He's a broken old man. My god.

  23. #23
    Moderator Oncall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,587

    Default Re: Lockdown 2013

    Hogan has been with TNA quite a while, don't you think any difference he could make has been made by now. People that tune into TNA for Hogan know the ppv schedule. I don't see what's wrong with letting some of the homegrown guys get prominent spots on a poster.





    Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    Episode 1 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest Emperor

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    On Falcone's Pillow
    Posts
    2,166

    Default Re: Lockdown 2013

    Name recognition is what sells tickets, my friend.

  25. #25
    PW Poster Since 2003 Lony's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Jericho Land
    Age
    28
    Posts
    19,107

    Default Re: Lockdown 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Oncall View Post
    Hogan has been with TNA quite a while, don't you think any difference he could make has been made by now. People that tune into TNA for Hogan know the ppv schedule. I don't see what's wrong with letting some of the homegrown guys get prominent spots on a poster.
    They are, I clearly see Austin Aries, Samoa Joe and James Storm on the poster... more so Aries then the other two.


    The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •