Thread: Update on WWE Establishing a Physical Hall of Fame, Possible Change for Future Wrestl

Default Update on WWE Establishing a Physical Hall of Fame, Possible Change for Future Wrestl

- There are some rumblings in the WWE office that the company is close or at least closer than they ever have been to establishing a physical Hall of Fame in the city of Orlando, Florida. Apparently negotiations have been going on for some time now.

Details are sketchy right now but word is that Orlando officials want to host WrestleMania 2 times every 10 years as part of the deal. It's said that talks are serious right now and Triple H is handling a lot of the negotiations. However, nothing is expected to happen on the ground at a potential Hall of Fame location until late 2013 or early 2014.

The establishing of a physical Hall of Fame in Orlando may also be tied in with some major developmental changes in the state of Florida. This wasn't mentioned by a source but it sounds like WWE is trying to set up another central location for the company outside of Stamford.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...8DFX8Qbq8H8.99

Isn't the Cirtus Bowl old a decrepit? Does Orlando have another stadium or are they planning on building one soon that could accommodate a Mania? How's it gonna work? I know they were dreading doing it at the Cirtus Bowl the first time.

I wouldn't be surprised if WWE did set up a secondary main office in Florida given that developmental is there, so many wrestlers live there, and the potential tax benefits.

Banned

Default Re: Update on WWE Establishing a Physical Hall of Fame, Possible Change for Future Wr

I don't care what it's like in person. The Citrus Bowl is still in my book the most eye-pleasing Mania setting in history. It came off very well on television. More of that won't bother me.

Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

Default Re: Update on WWE Establishing a Physical Hall of Fame, Possible Change for Future Wr

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    I don't care what it's like in person. The Citrus Bowl is still in my book the most eye-pleasing Mania setting in history. It came off very well on television. More of that won't bother me.
    Agreed. The transformation of that ugly stadium was unbelievable. They made it look better than University of Phoenix Stadium and Ford Field, which is incredible seeing how they were just built.

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

Former 2-time TNA Tag Team Champion and 3-time TNA X-Division Champion
    2010 PW Healthiest Poster....2010 NCAA Poster of the Year

IMO....in order for the HOF to seem legit something somewhere needs to be built.

It makes sense for them to do this. It means a lot of the guys who have turned Vince down so far, citing the 'No physical' argument, may think twice.

Also, Billy Graham sold his ring on Ebay because he thought this would never happen. Doofus.
    baboosh

- It looks like the physical WWE Hall of Fame will be heading to TNA’s old home after all, the Universal theme park in Orlando, Florida. Word from the park is that the NBA City table-service location is shutting down and there’s talk it will be remodeled as the WWE Hall of Fame.

Read more: http://www.pwmania.com/wwe-to-use-th...#ixzz2XQk6qxDS

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    - It looks like the physical WWE Hall of Fame will be heading to TNA’s old home after all, the Universal theme park in Orlando, Florida. Word from the park is that the NBA City table-service location is shutting down and there’s talk it will be remodeled as the WWE Hall of Fame.

Read more: http://www.pwmania.com/wwe-to-use-th...#ixzz2XQk6qxDS
    That sounds fantastic! Having it inside the theme park allows casual fans and even random tourists the opportunity to go check out all the wrestling history.

Believe in the Shield. Lilslimshady's Avatar

Once the WWE Hall of Fame is placed there, I'm totally there. The NBA City place is okay, but it's run it's course. Also, I have heard rumors of either Wrestlemania 31 or 32 taking place in Orlando. WWE is taking over the Orlando area with NXT, this possible HOF location, and possible re-location for WWE headquarters. Or at least an extension campus in Orlando. I'm sure WWE already has some offices in NY, California, London, etc. I could be wrong, but they should definitely have a branch in Orlando. So the question is if the physical HOF moves to Orlando, will any of you take a visit to see it?

Cody Rhodes isnt Stardust SM(Stardust)'s Avatar

This would be great if it happened! WWE would be beyond smart to put the HoF close(basically in) to Universal Studios.

surrender

Banned

Good for them. Add some gravity to the Hall of Fame and maybe stop some of the people that mouth off about it. I think this is a very positive move.

Thread Information