Thread: TNA Cutting Back on PPV's

Default TNA Cutting Back on PPV's

Credit: TNAsylum

While it was previously reported that February's Against All Odds PPV was dropped from the lineup, I have heard that the PPV will likely be retained and used in April or May. The two PPVs that have been dropped are the Victory Road PPV and the No Surrender PPV. As of right now, TNA plans on running ten PPVs in 2013.

So as of right now, the PPV schedule for 2013 looks to be:

-Genesis (January)
    -Lockdown (March)
    -Against All Odds (April/May)
    -Sacrifice (April/May)
    -Slammiversary (June)
    -Destination X (July)
    -Hardcore Justice (August)
    -Bound For Glory (October)
    -Turning Point (November)
    -Final Resolution (December)
    So how do you guys feel about TNA cutting back on PPV's, do you feel this is a good move or are you against it. As for me I know a few people have mentioned in the past they would like to see TNA cut back on some PPV's myself included as it'll save them some money that they could invest into other stuff like production values and what not.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

Lebesgue Measure-aholic RawisJericho's Avatar

Default Re: TNA Cutting Back on PPV's

Seems like a reasonable idea to me. If they start getting much better ratings and making more money they can always add them back. I'm not sure if this will actually increase the production value of their product, but that would be a nice thing if it did.

Positive change. I've always been an advocate of cutting PPVs in both TNA and WWE. I'd likely cut Sacrifice and Turning Point, and focus on four flagship events - Lockdown, Slammiversary, Destination X, and Bound for Glory. Genesis can easily begin anew whilst Final Resolution closes the year, ending many feuds and storylines and even plant new seeds which will ripen and grow through Genesis.

TNA has limited time, and therefore needs to quickly build up to PPVs. With fewer events, they'll be more revered and cherished, or "special," and allow TNA plenty of time to properly market and hype each event.

This change, as mentioned, also will cut some expense, and leave more creative maneuverability. I've watched great matches on minor PPVs that could have sold well at Slammiversary, Lockdown, or Bound for Glory. TNA can capitalize on this.
    You can say that you specialize but Eris will optimize.

I think it is a positive change because a lot of times they have no time to build matches for the ppv. On recent ppv only had two matches planed on the final impact before the ppv.

TNA Forum Title History
    Forum Championship (1 time)
    Tag Team Championship (3 time)
    X Championship (2 time)
    Internet Championship (3 time)

Good news this would give ppv's more of a a big time feel.

Thanks Bender

As long as they keep Lockdown, i wont need to riot. If they ever got rid of Lockdown i'd flip shit lol. Lockdown is like WM to me. The 1 ppv i actually dont mind paying money to see.

this change sounds good to me. Hope it works out well. Plus we could see better build up leading towards PPV matches...which is always nice.

If someone hates you for no reason, give that fucker a reason. banner by My friend Sticky
    Quote Originally Posted by Ness
    Just remember that women don't want a guy who is a pussy. They already have one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadOchoCinco
    Opinions are like orgasms... mine is the most important n I really don't care about yours...

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Good news this would give ppv's more of a a big time feel.
    I feel the same way.

The PW World Champion Mr. Victorino's Avatar

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't like it ! All they need to do is find a way to build better for the ppv's instead of wasting damn time on all the useless non-build up. They need to get the hell out of the impact zone fast, I for one am tired of the same fan support for the same wrestlers. I loved that A Double cheer for once at "Bound For Glory" and the feeling of the new energy for a different crowd. Most be too much to ask considering IMPACT WRESTLING ....OOOPS I mean TNA don't have deep pockets like Satan McManhon does. lol
    ďItís very, very important to be yourself, and thatís the kind of message that I want to get across in my character as well. On TV, thatís the message that I want to get across to fans of all ages really: To get somewhere you just have to be yourself. Donít ever change for anyone.Ē - Paige "The Anti-Diva"

The Predator

I personally have ALWAYS HATED with a passion monthly PPVs (WCW, WWE, TNA, anyone) as they end up being the same thing month after month and there really is no time for build up. PPV matches should be the culmination of big feuds that have had time to build and NOT just another match that we saw for the previously 2-3 PPVs.

My favorite build up time in the past was ALWAYS in WWF between Summer Slam and Survivor Series where you would see teams slowly come together and we would see tag and 6 man matches with interesting and unique teamups and matches you normally wouldnt see.

I want TNA to drop down to 5 (6 max) and have a couple of specialty ones, love that Lockdown is all done inside a cage...would like to see Destination X be a full X-Division one (if they were to rebuild the X-Division) personally I want to see a one hour X-Division only show to help rebuild it and get enough guys for a full out X-Tag Division as well.
    [IMG][/IMG]

TNA FORUM CHAMPIONSHIP
    Forum Champion (8x); X (5x); Internet (1x); Tag Team Champion (11, 1x w/RZ, 1x w/Star, 3x w/badfish, 1x w/gycax, 5x w/Y2JFan)
    5x...Triple Crown Champ (Forum/X/Tag)
    1x...Grand Slam Champ (Forum/X/Internet/Tag)
    RECORDS:
    SINGLE TITLE: Most PPVs (23 PPVs as Tag); Most Reigns (11 Tag); Longest Reign (X,Tag 6 PPVs)
    OVERALL: Most PPVs (multiple titles/PPV=multiple PPVs) as champion (62); Most title reigns (25)

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

It's a good idea... But given TNA's track record with good ideas... I sort of doubt they'll be able to capitalize on it.

Great idea, they should drop two more

Thread Information