Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: *POTENTIAL SPOILERS* Regarding WrestleMania Main Events

Default *POTENTIAL SPOILERS* Regarding WrestleMania Main Events

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

As of right now, the top four WrestleMania 29 matches are below. Most of these have been previously reported in the last few days, though the last of them is a newly-reported one:

* The Rock vs. John Cena -(WWE Title Match??)
    * CM Punk vs. The Undertaker -(WWE Title Match??)
    * Ryback vs. The Big Show
    * Sheamus vs. Randy Orton (heel)

Where Brock Lesnar fits in is yet to be seen, though there is still the possibility of a rematch with Triple H.

Lets not forget the talks of Sin Cara vs. Rey Mysterio

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Default Re: Wrestlemania 29 Matches Update

This card fucking sucks.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Lebesgue Measure-aholic RawisJericho's Avatar

I really don't want to see Rock vs. Cena for the WWE title. It will be incredibly obvious what the outcome will be, and there really is nothing gained by them having the match for the title. If they really must do the rematch, don't make it for the title.

I'll buy the PPV anyway since its Mania', but I agree that its a lackluster card if it ends up as above.

Banned

My dream card has Daniel Bryan facing Taker. What a match those two would put on. Before Benoit went all psycho and murdered his family I wished him and Taker went at it at Wrestlemania but now Daniel Bryan is taking his place.
    Last edited by Santa Clawz; 11-30-2012 at 04:24 AM.

Default Re: *POTENTIAL SPOILERS* Regarding WrestleMania Main Events

I am not usually one to complain, but I really don't want to see Rock/Cena again...

The outcome is obvious, the match may be a little better than last year but the fact the match last year wasn't good in the first place makes me not want to see it again anyway. The rest of the card I like.

Banned

If this is true and they stick with it, Wrestlemania is going to suck a bunch of stuff that isn't good.

If 'Taker turns up regularly before his match, the build could be absolutely amazing.

As for things getting rehashed (Rock/Cena), let's remember that a lot of people were unhappy at HHH/'Taker being announced last year for that very reason. A few weeks later it was being frothed over as a classic. You have to let these things play out.

I also expect Daniel Bryan to face Kane. I highly doubt they stick together all the way to WM.

Plus Lesnar vs HHH and Rey vs Cara.

That's seven matches with Miz, Kofi, Cesaro, Ziggler, Barrett, The Shield, R-Truth, Sandow and Cody on the sidelines waiting for a match.

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

Great shout on the Taker/HHH comparison Todd. I was one of those who groaned a bit and then ended up jizzing over it.

It still seems like a card where all the winners of the main matches are completely obvious though which I don't like.

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

I don't want to see it either, but mainly because I didn't really think it was very good.

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

Taker/Cena, Punk/Rock, Lesnar/Ryback would be so much cooler.

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

I think they've got one eye on WM30, Taker/Cena will most likely happen then and be the main event.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heteroflexible View Post
    I think they've got one eye on WM30
    Hopefully only because it's a year away, and not because "they" share the internet's obsession with Mania's that end in the number 0.

Anyhow, I like this potential card. Aggressively.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    If 'Taker turns up regularly before his match, the build could be absolutely amazing.

As for things getting rehashed (Rock/Cena), let's remember that a lot of people were unhappy at HHH/'Taker being announced last year for that very reason. A few weeks later it was being frothed over as a classic. You have to let these things play out.
    Stop making sense of things, Todd! Don't you know how this works?

1) Hear rumors.
    2) Complain for months.
    3) Watch the PPV anyway, but hate it because you told yourself you were going to.

Get with the program, bro.

(for the record, read Kid's post to see why this potential card excites me, or why ANY potential card excites me...so much awesome talent this year..)

The RTruth
    RT wants you to check out The Ultimate Fic'er, happening now in Fan Fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Heteroflexible View Post
    I think they've got one eye on WM30, Taker/Cena will most likely happen then and be the main event.
    I have a hard time believing 'Taker has one eye on anything other than his next match. Maybe they just don't see Cena/'Taker as the streak-defining match we see it as.

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    Stop making sense of things, Todd! Don't you know how this works?

1) Hear rumors.
    2) Complain for months.
    3) Watch the PPV anyway, but hate it because you told yourself you were going to.

Get with the program, bro.

(for the record, read Kid's post to see why this potential card excites me, or why ANY potential card excites me...so much awesome talent this year..)
    Well my 200 is already in their pockets, so I don't have much of a choice.

It's not that I think Mania will suck. I'm sure these guys will deliver good matches. But the difference between an enjoyable Mania and an all time classic Mania could very well be the card.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

I have a hard time believing 'Taker has one eye on anything other than his next match. Maybe they just don't see Cena/'Taker as the streak-defining match we see it as.
    I meant from the company viewpoint, there are only so many 'big matches' left now and they're trying to spread them out a little. Why have them all at one WrestleMania when the next one might suffer as a result.

Even if its not streak-defining it would be crazy to miss Taker/Cena, their only feud was almost 10 years ago now and they've had limited interaction since.

I guess it comes down to what Taker has told them, for all we know he's said he can do WrestleMania's for another 5 years

I think they're pussying out of Taker vs Cena.

If they're really saving it for 30, that's stupid. Because I think you have to take Undertaker year by year at this point.

But of course, many proponents of it will cite this revisionist idea that ten year cards have always been incredible. Does anyone else remember Mania 20?

Bender

still misses HBK & Edge! Saffron Warrior's Avatar

Those would be two pretty fucking predictable main events. Undertaker and Punk might put up a good show but here is going to be little doubt in anybody's mind as to who the winner will be. The only legit threat to Taker's streak is Cena, no way punk is ending it so that's that

Heteroflexible

No way were Shawn Michaels or Triple H ending it but they have given the streak it's most exciting matches.

Great wrestling will always suspend disbelief. Shawn Michaels and HHH are big-match masters, so is CM Punk. It will work.

No way were Shawn Michaels or Triple H ending it but they have given the streak it's most exciting matches.

Great wrestling will always suspend disbelief. Shawn Michaels and HHH are big-match masters, so is CM Punk. It will work.
    Yeah, that's the match I'm least worried about on this card.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    But of course, many proponents of it will cite this revisionist idea that ten year cards have always been incredible. Does anyone else remember Mania 20?
    Isn't that the one where the big former football player fought the big future football failure to a chorus of jeers, a dead guy defeated a crazy guy, a zombie defeated a demon (aaaaggggaaaaiiiinnn), and the World Heavyweight Championship was held up until it was awarded to Orton later that year?

Also: if they play up the fact that CM Punk was the first man to get a submission victory over Undertaker (), they have some fodder to make the match a little more suspenseful. But I'm not worried: Punk and Undertaker will be able to work a great match, and I have no doubts in Punk's abilities to be taken seriously. The buildup will hopefully be more interesting, too.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

Quote Originally Posted by Saffron Warrior View Post
    Those would be two pretty fucking predictable main events. Undertaker and Punk might put up a good show but here is going to be little doubt in anybody's mind as to who the winner will be. The only legit threat to Taker's streak is Cena, no way punk is ending it so that's that
    The streak matches are always predictable, but that doesn't stop them being awesome. Why can people not grasp this? The last and only time I've ever thought it was at risk was WrestleMania 21 with Orton.

I am fine with that card however I would switch Punk/Taker for Brock/Taker.

Then either have Punk face HHH and get a win, or Punk vs. Bryan would be great too.

Just a thought; it seems like Wrestlemania rumors and predict matches start to show up in droves in November/December over the last few years. Any thoughts of opening the Wrestlemania subforum earlier than usual?

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Thank you to whoever fixed my title to this thread. It was my bad. Anyways im gonna comment on my own post too. Ryback/Show & Cara/Mysterio are new but the others we've seen. Sheamus/Orton's been done before but i'll admit its a toss up on who they want to go over. My pick would be Orton. The other 3 are so predictable - Taker, Cena & HHH FTW.

So if all stands true then you got 6 matches right there. Even though I'm not quite sold on this card they planned out I'll still watch on. Never missed a Mania but to spice this one up a bit more I really wish they can cut down that MITB PPV & stick that match back to Mania for the rest of the talent not currently in use like Barrett, Kofi, Miz, Cody & Sandow. But knowing these dopes at WWE there not gonna do that. Another Multi-Man Tag Match involving those stars will probably be made. For what? Don't know maybe another GM Battle. Kane vs Daniel Bryan could be another match or they might include them into the Multi-tag. AJ winning the Divas Title could also happen.

Thread Information