Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WM29- Best chance for Cena to go heel?

Default WM29- Best chance for Cena to go heel?

It makes so much sense. Figure this is what were going to get:

Cena vs Rock 2
    HHH vs Brock 2
    Punk vs Undertaker
    Ryback vs Big Show

Punk is going to be the hottest heel going into WM29 and it's only going to help as he tries to end the streak of The Undertaker. Funny that Undertaker once got Punk in trouble because Punk refused to wear a suit and a tie.

But what about WM30?

I'm hoping for Austin vs Punk, but why not have:

Cena cheat to defeat The Rock saying that he was not going to go another year with that in the back if his mind. He was not going to let everything he has ever worked for be ruined because he lost to The Rock for two straight years at WM. have Cena be a heel for a year, claim he has accomplished everything except for one thing. Ending The Streak

All of a sudden: WM30 is headlined by Austin/Punk and Cena/Undertaker.

Thoughts? I feel like this is the best opportunity the WWE is ever going to have to make serious money off of a Cena heel turn.

Default Re: WM29- Best chance for Cena to go heel?

Makes me not want to go to WM29 and instead go to WM 30.

Lebesgue Measure-aholic RawisJericho's Avatar

That is a really solid idea. I've been hoping for a Cena heel turn since 2007, but it just never seems to come. I wish WWE would take the opportunity to give us a fresh take on Cena's character, which a heel turn would allow. In my personal opinion if Cena wants to be remembered as one of the best of his era he has to prove he can be a great heel.

Make it happen WWE!

jessicahalipate

To be honest I think john turning heel would be a bad idea! Considering his fan base and all the work he does for make a wish and other various charities! I think he has been face for too long it wouldn't make sense to me for him to turn now especially so far into his career!

Costing The Rock the title at Royal Rumble because of how his career has gone since the loss to Rock would make sense, even though he's helping his greatest rival in CM Punk retain the WWE Championship. Then he just fucking massacres Rock, Rock blades...Cena puts his angry face on...little kids crying...he destroys security guards when they arrive, smacks Lawler a couple of times...just snaps. Then he beats Rock at Wrestlemania, clean.

I'm not sure how it would be received, but I'd like to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird Kid View Post
    All of a sudden: WM30 is headlined by Austin/Punk and Cena/Undertaker.
    I like this mainly because it could all be built up like a true end of an era double main event.

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

People are still going to be asking for Austin/Punk when Austin is 70. I know you're supposed to never say never in wrestling, but how many years in a row can we speculate on an Austin return?

As for Cena vs. Undertaker, that should be happening this year, except that WWE is filled with morons.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Punk vs. Taker is a bad idea imo although I can see the value in streak vs title with CM Punk still holding the title all the way to Mania.

It just isn't feasible though for obvious reasons. As stated Cena/Taker should be happening and the heel turn would work better in that scenario.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

I don't think Cena should turn heel.

It's not because of how much merchandise he sells or the Make a Wish thing.

The reason why Cena gets the a lot of the hate he does isn't because of his stale character or whatever. It's because he's been presented as "The Center of the WWE Universe". But ever since the AJ/Cena/Vickie/Ziggler scandal storyline began, Cena has been phased out of the spotlight. A face Cena can be toned down and quietly put on the backburner. Cena, as he currently is, is fine. He's out of the title picture, and out of the main event. But if Cena has a big shocking heel turn, then a large chunk of the show is going to be focused on "Why Cena Why?" and focusing on the motivations for his heel turn. If Cena turns heel, then he'll be back to being all over the show and being the center of the universe all over again.

Banned

Would Hulk Hogan be as big as he is if not for Hollywood Hulk Hogan?

Cena needs a heel turn. Fuck he's overdue by 5 or more years. Make it happen. Cena is a joke now and his character is stale and horrible.

You want to make Cena heel? Punk vs. Taker at WM for the title (last match) Cena has already pinned The Rock clean. After two GTS Taker will not stay down Punk is getting frustrated ref gets knocked down and Cena runs out.... looks at both of them laying on the mat exhausted both men get up around the same time Cena still standing in the middle of them grabs Taker for the FU... punks pins Taker to end the streak and Cena is uber heel. WM30 match is set.

Quote Originally Posted by Santa Clawz View Post

Cena needs a heel turn. Fuck he's overdue by 5 or more years. Make it happen. Cena is a joke now and his character is stale and horrible.

You want to make Cena heel? Punk vs. Taker at WM for the title (last match) Cena has already pinned The Rock clean. After two GTS Taker will not stay down Punk is getting frustrated ref gets knocked down and Cena runs out.... looks at both of them laying on the mat exhausted both men get up around the same time Cena still standing in the middle of them grabs Taker for the FU... punks pins Taker to end the streak and Cena is uber heel. WM30 match is set.
    What match is set? Cena vs. Taker after he's already lost the streak?

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Banned

Wow. Now I've heard everything. End the streak on a screwjob and THEN do Cena/Taker? Yikes.

If the streak ends, that's Undertaker's last match. I thought that was understood to be a given.

Bender

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    If the streak ends, that's Undertaker's last match. I thought that was understood to be a given.
    Who made that rule? You?

People with common sense.

Name me one good reason why the Undertaker should stick around after the streak ends. Go.

Bender

Banned

Name me one good reason why the Undertaker should stick around after the streak ends. Go.
    Because Cena screwed him? Wouldn't make much sense for face Taker to not seek vengeance against newly made heel Cena for fucking him over.

Well the idea itself makes no sense, because you're taking almost all the juice out of Cena vs. Taker by having the streak not be on the line.

What is Taker fighting for? Revenge for having the streak ended? He doesn't get the streak back, it's not a championship.

The end of the streak is the end of the Undertaker. Doing it any other way diminishes the end of the streak in itself, and if you're going to do that, just let him retire with it.

Bender

I have to agree that its clear that if the streak ends Undertaker is gone. I really don't see the streak ever ending. I'm not sure Cena really has anything to gain from ending the streak anyway. Cena could make an equally powerful heel turn without ending the streak.

Quote Originally Posted by RawisJericho View Post
    Cena could make an equally powerful heel turn without ending the streak.
    Eh, I don't really see how at this point.

I can't think of any other scenario that would make as big of an impact, and garner Cena as much heat, as ending the streak.

Bender

Banned

Well the idea itself makes no sense, because you're taking almost all the juice out of Cena vs. Taker by having the streak not be on the line.

What is Taker fighting for? Revenge for having the streak ended? He doesn't get the streak back, it's not a championship.

The end of the streak is the end of the Undertaker. Doing it any other way diminishes the end of the streak in itself, and if you're going to do that, just let him retire with it.
    Your response makes no sense. Let me break it down for you.

- Cena screws Taker which starts the feud
    - Taker pissed off that he was screwed will want vengeance
    - Cena/Taker have a match

What doesn't make sense? I'll write my post up in French if it'll help you understand better.

Your response makes no sense. Let me break it down for you.

- Cena screws Taker which starts the feud
    - Taker pissed off that he was screwed will want vengeance
    - Cena/Taker have a match

What doesn't make sense? I'll write my post up in French if it'll help you understand better.
    Yeah, you just described a basic professional wrestling feud. One that you could do with any two guys.

Let me explain to you the many different levels on which that does not make sense in this situation.

1. Ending the streak would have to be designed to get the guy who ends it over as a heel. If you have someone end the streak, only to lose to Undertaker immediately, it accomplishes absolutely nothing.

2. The streak should not end on a screwjob. You don't want to cheapen 20 years of history by having it end that way.

3. What the fuck happens to Punk afterwards? He's the guy who actually ended the streak. Yet he fades into oblivion while Cena and Taker feud?

4. The appeal in Cena vs. Taker as a match lies in the fact that people could be convinced that the streak really could end. You completely lose that if the streak is not on the line.

5. The Undertaker should be retired already. He sticks around SOLELY for the streak. The man has been wrestling for more than 20 years. The day he loses the streak, it's time for him to hang it up.

I could probably think of a couple more reasons if I really tried. It's just a bad idea all around and doesn't make sense on any level.

The streak is different from a normal wrestling feud. You can't book it like you would book anything.

Bender

Eh, I don't really see how at this point.

I can't think of any other scenario that would make as big of an impact, and garner Cena as much heat, as ending the streak.
    What about cheating in a match against Taker at Mania' to try to end the streak, without actually succeeding in doing so? I think he'd still be hated, plus he would have some motivation to continue being a dick to the fans as he'd be incredibly pissed off having lost at Mania' for two straight years.

I'm honestly not convinced WWE will ever commit to Cena going heel, but there are some options if they wanted to do it.

Banned

Yeah, you just described a basic professional wrestling feud. One that you could do with any two guys.

Let me explain to you the many different levels on which that does not make sense in this situation.

1. Ending the streak would have to be designed to get the guy who ends it over as a heel. If you have someone end the streak, only to lose to Undertaker immediately, it accomplishes absolutely nothing.

2. The streak should not end on a screwjob. You don't want to cheapen 20 years of history by having it end that way.

3. What the fuck happens to Punk afterwards? He's the guy who actually ended the streak. Yet he fades into oblivion while Cena and Taker feud?

4. The appeal in Cena vs. Taker as a match lies in the fact that people could be convinced that the streak really could end. You completely lose that if the streak is not on the line.

5. The Undertaker should be retired already. He sticks around SOLELY for the streak. The man has been wrestling for more than 20 years. The day he loses the streak, it's time for him to hang it up.

I could probably think of a couple more reasons if I really tried. It's just a bad idea all around and doesn't make sense on any level.

The streak is different from a normal wrestling feud. You can't book it like you would book anything.
    1. Cena and Punk would both benefit from it this way. And it would accomplish plenty entertaining WWE is "accomplishing nothing"?

2. He either loses it on a screw job or retires with the streak intact.

3. He's champion.

4. I'm sick of Taker being all about the streak. It would be much more entertaining with an actual hate filled feud rather then stale boring Cena chasing a streak like other have in his past 10WM matches. The actual appeal in Cena vs. Taker is you have the two top guys in the company both whom now have something interesting going instead of boring old marine Cena and Taker with the streak.

5. He can hang it up after a real feud with Cena.

1. Cena and Punk would both benefit from it this way. And it would accomplish plenty entertaining WWE is "accomplishing nothing"?
    No, neither of them benefits. Punk didn't earn the win and Cena didn't win anything. So the whole purpose of ending the streak is wasted.

2. He either loses it on a screw job or retires with the streak intact.
    Who made that rule? You?

You do realize that having it end clean is the most productive means of doing it, right?

3. He's champion.
    That's all he gets out of it? Being WWE Champion still? And you call that a worthwhile way to end a 20 year streak?

Good lord.

4. I'm sick of Taker being all about the streak. It would be much more entertaining with an actual hate filled feud rather then stale boring Cena chasing a streak like the past 10 guys have. The actual appeal in Cena vs. Taker is you have the two top guys in the company both whom now have something interesting going instead of boring old marine Cena and Taker with the streak.
    There are plenty of "hate filled" feuds in WWE. We get one streak feud a year.

Boring old marine Cena and Taker with the streak make money.

5. He can hang it up after a real feud with Cena.
    He can have a real feud with Cena while he still has the streak. Even if he were to beat Cena and retire with the streak, that's still a lot better than what you're proposing. Same feud, almost certainly more money.

Bender

Banned

No, neither of them benefits. Punk didn't earn the win and Cena didn't win anything. So the whole purpose of ending the streak is wasted.
    Punk ended the streak. Cena helped. Both are huge heels. BOTH OF THEM BENEFIT. The streak is a storyline it's not wasted it's used to tell a story. Wrestling 101.

Who made that rule? You?

You do realize that having it end clean is the most productive means of doing it, right?
    So Punk pins Taker clean and according to you Taker retires and Punk gets nothing out of it besides being just WWE champion still. According to you.

That's all he gets out of it? Being WWE Champion still? And you call that a worthwhile way to end a 20 year streak?
    Plus a major heel boost for ending the streak.

Boring old marine Cena and Taker with the streak make money.
    An actual hate filled feud would make more money and be more entertaining.

Thread Information