Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: John Morrison wants back?

Default John Morrison wants back?

- Former WWE star John Morrison recently reached out to company officials about possibly making a return there, according to a source. As everything, it will come down to what Vince McMahon wants.

The source said: He was brought up and I think at least got some consideration from Vince. Id say a return is possible but dont expect them to push him to the moon.
    http://www.wrestlenewz.com/wrestling...-for-a-return/

Hmm...honestly I could care less. Please stay in Hollywood, JoMo. There's just too many guys waiting to be called up, guys already on the roster that deserve the spotlight more. He had his chance. More than once Vince tried pushing him as a singles star, in 2006 on RAW, in 2007 on ECW, in 2010-11 on SmackDown and RAW but he's never really been able to get over much. His gimmick hasn't evolved much over the years. Now he's too old and too damaged to become a valuable long term investment. If he is rehired, he'll remain in the same spot he's always been.

Default Re: John Morrison wants back?

I'd love for John Morrison to return, big fan of the guy.
    Welcome To The Suicide Squad

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

He is only 33 is not like he is in his 50s. Was not really a fan so don't really care if he comes back, now Michael Tarver should come back.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

I doubt there'd be much of a place for him. He'd get a nice paycheck but not much of a push, maybe a few IC title reigns since his last big pushes didn't work out so well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Reigns is more over than most people here are willing to admit.
    Episode 3 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest Untouchable

Send me a list of your top 25 seasons of television, deadline is after Raw finishes on the 24th

Fighter of the Nightman The Dayman's Avatar

Meh.

He performed some impressive spots but his mic skills are seriously lacking and I can't stand his finisher. I think I can count on one hand the amount of times he actually hit the Starship Pain.
    "I disgust myself but I am not unhappy about that."

I was a fan. Could always be relied upon to produce that spot in a match that everyone remembers. I hope he does return, for him though I can't see what he'd gain other than a decent paycheck. Ziggler, Miz, Kofi, Barrett, ADR, Daniel Bryan, and others are all well ahead of him now.
    Last edited by Zeki; 11-26-2012 at 01:33 AM.

You're right as far as a paycheck, if he wanted to wrestler I say go to TNA, he would be a champion in Two months

Fighter of the Nightman The Dayman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KB View Post
    You're right as far as a paycheck, if he wanted to wrestler I say go to TNA, he would be a champion in Two months
    Under the name Jamie Hendrix.
    "I disgust myself but I am not unhappy about that."

Quote Originally Posted by The Dayman View Post
    Meh.

He performed some impressive spots but his mic skills are seriously lacking and I can't stand his finisher. I think I can count on one hand the amount of times he actually hit the Starship Pain.
    I pretty much feel the same way. I was a fan of Morrison at one point but only because of those series of quality matches he and CM Punk put on together. Other than that, he bored the crap out of me.

I wouldn't mind him coming back to the WWE I guess but I wouldn't expect much from it either.

Banned

Good. Hopefully THQ makes his entrance DLC. My Freddie Mercury CAW is perfect, but would be 110% with at least part of that entrance.

I've always been a big fan of his so I'd love to see him make a return. The guy is highly skilled in the ring so he would probably reclaim his spot as an upper midcarder...I mean why not JoMo, no homo.

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

It's nice to want things, Johnboy.

Sounds to me like someone is missing a paycheck. If I was Vince McMahon I'd say no to him.
    http://www.wrestlingforum.com
    www.wrestleweek.com
    http://community.theblackvault.com/

( ಠ_ಠ) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

His prince of parkour gimmick was crap, if he actually wrestled and didnt go out there to do spots it would be ok.

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

I wouldn't be against it.

If nothing else, he's a good hand that can fill a PPV slot. If he's improved on the microphone and improves his grit he could be a handy B-Show main eventer.
    Voodoo Ain't Easy

There is definitely a place for him.

Even before he left, he was consistently in feuds on TV so can easily fill a mid-card role. He isn't a bad asset to have.

2013 TBG Poster of the Year

Scotland, Celtic and FC Basel
    CELTIC (SPFL CHAMPIONS 2013/14)
    FC BASEL (SSL CHAMPIONS 2013/2014; SWISS CUP FINALISTS)

I'd be of major support of this!

I've always been a JoMo fan and tend to give him a huge push in EWR and TEW. Quality in ring guy and a top notch spot monkey, just give him a manager.

2x PW Power 25 Winner

Currently Playing - Dragon Age: Inquisition, Volgarr the Viking

Banned

Do want. Most call-ups make for good heels initially (though Big E better be brought up as a face!), so faces are needed. JoMo serves my needs as a midcard babyface if he can stay motivated.

Jomo's gatta break off from Melina before he comes back. Bitch has been fucking with his head and screwing up his pushes for the past few years.

I'd rather have him than R-Truth and have no problem if Morrison gets a Kofi Kingston 2012 type of push.

Not a huge fan but I do think he's better than some of you give him credit for. But I guess Vince and Co. still don't respect him "As a man".

- Justin Valuable

Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

I think he'd be good back on the mid card and even to help the tag division...but as far as a major push, I think he was in a prime position for that before...however unless his "IT" factor has changed and he's improved on the mic, he won't go further than he was

I never have and probably never will be a huge fan of Morrison but I do think with his history in the division he could be a decent addition to the tag team scene in the WWE depending on who he'd get paired with.
    -Bender-

2013 Sports Empire Most Valuable Poster
    2012 & 2013 Gridiron Poster of the Year

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

The guy consistently put on great matches with pretty much everybody he wrestled. He gave the Miz the best match he will ever have. Why would you not want a guy who is better in the ring than 9/10 of the current roster? Give him a manager or a better gimmick and he can be fucking awesome. Won't ever be a top main eventer but not everybody needs to be.

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

Can never have enough jobbers.

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

Quote Originally Posted by HilaryFan View Post
    The guy consistently put on great matches with pretty much everybody he wrestled. He gave the Miz the best match he will ever have. Why would you not want a guy who is better in the ring than 9/10 of the current roster? Give him a manager or a better gimmick and he can be fucking awesome. Won't ever be a top main eventer but not everybody needs to be.
    9/10 of the current roster? John Morrison?

Thread Information