Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prediction: Ziggler goes to defend the World Title at Wrestlemania

Default Prediction: Ziggler goes to defend the World Title at Wrestlemania

On TLC at 2011, Daniel Bryan cashed in his MITB briefcase to win the World Heavyweight Championship. He would then retain it successfully in a few matches, going on to defend it at Wrestlemania 28.

On RAW after Survivor Series 2010, The Miz cashed in his MITB briefcase to win the WWE Championship. He would retain on RAW's and PPV's going on to defend it at Wrestlemania 27.

So far, statistically, wrestlers who have gone to cash in late in the year have been able to keep the title going into Wrestlemania. Kane cashed in on the same night he won and went to being in a 4 on 4 tag match at the following Wrestlemania. Del Rio cashed in on the SummerSlam after and missed Wrestlemania, probably would have been a part of Team Teddy vs. Team Johnny.

The only fear is that if Ziggler cashes in on January, he wouldn't likely defend it at Mania. Not only in MITB statistics, but in Ziggler's career statistics on January. Edge lost the following PPV and went to face Foley at Mania 22. Ziggler was awarded his first World title after Royal Rumble to then lose and get fired the same night, going on to be stuck in the dvias vs celeb divas mix tag match.

He's also 0-2 for World/WWE title matches, but hopefully the MITB cash in statistic can win over it this time.

Now, yes in WWE statistics are just for the kayfabe, but this is a good chance for Zigglers career to me. He's feuding with Cena right now, and it doesn't even matter if he wins, because he has the briefcase and a clean win on Orton in Survivor Series. Edge lost to Flair in New Years Revolution before cashing in on Cena. Miz tapped to DB twice and losing a belt before cashing in on Orton. So I have high hopes for Ziggler. Debate if you want.
    WWE: IT'S NOT A FANDOM, IT'S A FAMILY
    SUMMER RAE > THE MIZ
    BELIEVE IN AMBROSE
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

Default Re: Prediction: Ziggler goes to defend the World Title at Wrestlemania

If he does then he probably defends against Ryback at Mania whereby he has no chance of victory. I could see that scenario playing out

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

Ziggler vs. Ryback for the World Title at WrestleMania? Yes please. Ziggler bumping around the Ryback's moves would be tons of fun.

Nah, I don't see him doing it. I for one would be shocked if it isn't Big Show vs. Ryback for the WHC at WM.

With that said, I have no idea how they are going to be able to have Ziggler cash-in and win with the way the WHC is being booked now. At this point, it wouldn't shock me to see him lose when he cashes in.

surrender

He could cash-in AT WrestleMania...imagine Ryback destroying Big Show, beating him, and then Dolph cashes in and takes it from him. Honestly as I've been saying, I'd rather Vickie allow Dolph to go after the WWE Title with the contract since she can change the rules as boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    He could cash-in AT WrestleMania...imagine Ryback destroying Big Show, beating him, and then Dolph cashes in and takes it from him. Honestly as I've been saying, I'd rather Vickie allow Dolph to go after the WWE Title with the contract since she can change the rules as boss.
    You know what? It really should come down to Ryback versus Big Show. It would basically be the same as if Mark Henry had held the title all the way into 'Mania and faced Sheamus (or Bryan, but Sheamus fits better for this comparison). A dominant heel champion being challenged by the only one physically imposing enough to stand against him. It would be absolutely epic, and Ryback going over would be huge.

But, if you want a repeat of Sheamus-Bryan, only more satisfying given that the match will go longer and Ziggler will bump like crazy, go with Ziggler-Ryback. I wouldn't mind that one bit.

But no way do I see Ziggler cashing in on Ryback at 'Mania (or anywhere else), because that would thoroughly cheapen Ryback's victory, which has potential to be the biggest and most carefully-booked first-time title reign since 2005 with Cena and Batista.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

Back for the first time. T-Money's Avatar

I think it will be Ziggler VS Orton at Wrestlemania guys. They've been put in the ring together so many times for a reason and have always delivered.

I think Ziggler is overated and always has been.. but has made an awesome name for himself given all of that.

Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

I honestly think he's waiting until Wrestlemania at this point. The talk of cashing it in has died down, unless this Cena feud is a misdirect like the Flair feud was for Edge the first time.

But I think he goes deep in the Rumble before losing to Punk or Cena, and then when they say they're going for the WWE Championship, Dolph goes out and cuts off Teddy's announcement of a number one contender's EC match and says it's not important....because he's cashing in at Wrestlemania. Can stay a heel with a called shot cash in by being arrogant as fuck about it.

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

Former 2-time TNA Tag Team Champion and 3-time TNA X-Division Champion
    2010 PW Healthiest Poster....2010 NCAA Poster of the Year

I hope he does not cash it in at the TLC PPV!

I'll be surprised if Ziggler isn't champ at Wrestlemania. He's already feuding with Cena and I can see him cashing in sometime in either December or January to pin Sheamus or Big Show, whoever is champ, and holding onto it until Mania. I'd love for him to defend it against Bryan but it seems unlikely. I'd be happy with him defending against Ryback as long as its an actual march and not one of those 10 second "matches."

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

I think he'll end up facing Ryback at Wrestlemania for the WHC. If Ryback earns that shot by winning the Royal Rumble though it'd seem a little silly that after months of almost beating Punk for the WWE title he suddenly does a 180 turn and chooses to fight for the WHC instead of the WWE title he has almost won, multiple times. Ziggler will probably cash in soon after this Cena feud, or around the EC if it is going to be later on

Yeah, I have a sneaking suspicion Dolph is going to be the first guy to cash in at Wrestlemania, which is just the worst idea.

Then again, I also think the WHC match will be Sheamus/Orton, and Ryback/Show (a near-certainty, IMO) will be an attraction.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Yeah, I have a sneaking suspicion Dolph is going to be the first guy to cash in at Wrestlemania, which is just the worst idea.
    Why?

It makes a ton of sense to me. Dolph is a show off, he's an arrogant prick that knows he's amazing. Why not cash it in on the biggest stage of them all so he can steal the biggest show there is?

Then again, I also think the WHC match will be Sheamus/Orton
    Wow.

The World Heavyweight Championship match could actually be my piss break.

My god, how that title has fallen.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Main Event View Post
    Why?

It makes a ton of sense to me. Dolph is a show off, he's an arrogant prick that knows he's amazing. Why not cash it in on the biggest stage of them all so he can steal the biggest show there is?
    Because on the grandest stage of them all, two guys are going to beat the hell out of each other for 15-20 minutes for this "prestigious" title, and then after one man is finally left standing, some guy's going to come out with a briefcase and win the title.

It's moreso that I think the MITB concept has run it's course at this point than anything else. Wrestlemania to me is kind of like the historical record of the WWE, and I'd hate seeing the title change hands like that just like I hated seeing what happened to Bryan last year. It's basically the same thing.

Your reasoning is exactly why I think it's going to happen. "Stealing the biggest show there is" makes all the sense in the world. I just wish he'd steal the show by actually having a match.

"I like cake."

Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

Because on the grandest stage of them all, two guys are going to beat the hell out of each other for 15-20 minutes for this "prestigious" title, and then after one man is finally left standing, some guy's going to come out with a briefcase and win the title.

It's moreso that I think the MITB concept has run it's course at this point than anything else. Wrestlemania to me is kind of like the historical record of the WWE, and I'd hate seeing the title change hands like that just like I hated seeing what happened to Bryan last year. It's basically the same thing.

Your reasoning is exactly why I think it's going to happen. "Stealing the biggest show there is" makes all the sense in the world. I just wish he'd steal the show by actually having a match.
    That's what I was calling for. Him calling his shot in advance and cashing in ahead of time so he could have his Wrestlemania championship match. Not a post-match cash-in.

I think you're being generous with giving the World Title match 15-20 minutes, Matt. Especially with what the rest of the card is likely going to look like.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    I think you're being generous with giving the World Title match 15-20 minutes, Matt. Especially with what the rest of the card is likely going to look like.
    I think if it's Sheamus/Orton, it gets 15. I think if either Ryback or Show is involved, it gets 8. But Sheamus always delivers in longer matches, and I think it'd be a good working match, and if we get the nightmare scenario in terms of main events, they're going to need a well-worked match in there to make the card flow.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by The Main Event View Post
    That's what I was calling for. Him calling his shot in advance and cashing in ahead of time so he could have his Wrestlemania championship match. Not a post-match cash-in.
    If that happens, I'm all for it. I fear the post-match cash-in. I can hear Jerry Lawler yelling about how HE STOLE THE SHOW AND THE TITLE already.

"I like cake."

If that happens, I'm all for it. I fear the post-match cash-in. I can hear Jerry Lawler yelling about how HE STOLE THE SHOW AND THE TITLE already.
    Gonna happen no matter how he wins it

Only call that is better is Miz's win with Punk talking about how he because "The True Story". Brilliant Real World reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    That is too big of a cop-out to ghave to MITB's go for the WWE Title after the MITB PPV.

The fact that John Cena is the only guy on the roster to make Dolph [and evcerybody else on the roster credible but Show and Sheamus]-is a bigger problem

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Wow.

The World Heavyweight Championship match could actually be my piss break.

My god, how that title has fallen.
    Sheamus and Orton are two of the better workers in the company. Book a decent story around it and I'm sold. Not sure why a solid wrestling match would be a piss break.

Having said that, I don't think it will happen. I do think Ziggler may be the first person to cash in at Wrestlemania. I'm thinking it could end up Show vs Ryback, with both taking each other out during the match, and Ziggler cashing in on Show and winning.

The WHC Title is booked better then the WWE Title right now. If the WWE Title was being booked right Ryback would be WWE Champ. At this point, they are going to kill all the great booking of the WHC Title to give to Ryback after THEY fucked him up to get over a WWE Champion that doesn't draw and don't care enough to recognize that. However, MOST fans will totally ignore the obvious because it is CM Punk, yet, had it been ANYBODY else

Quote Originally Posted by The Industry View Post
    The WHC Title is booked better then the WWE Title right now. If the WWE Title was being booked right Ryback would be WWE Champ. At this point, they are going to kill all the great booking of the WHC Title to give to Ryback after THEY fucked him up to get over a WWE Champion that doesn't draw and don't care enough to recognize that. However, MOST fans will totally ignore the obvious because it is CM Punk, yet, had it been ANYBODY else
    They booked themselves into a corner. If they hadn't booked Rock vs champ for the Rumble, I'd completely agree. But there was no reason to throw Ryback into that match with Rock too early.

"I like cake."

Thread Information