Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm starting to get it......

Best In The World BaraaKhalaf92's Avatar

Default I'm starting to get it......

John Cena.....
    A guy that I hated for years and used to think that he is the reason why everything is wrong in the WWE.....
    A guy that I thought didn't deserve to be the no 1 guy in the company...

There is a big difference between hating the superstars "character" and hating the person himself.....
    I used to hate him both ways , because I thought that in the ring he is the boring stale superman that rarely loses and if he does it never happens clean, and outside the ring he is a person that undeservedly made his way to the top through shortcuts....

That's what I used to think before, But now....I'm finally starting to get it, and I have the guts to say that I was wrong for years......
    I underestimated Cena's role in everything positive that the WWE has accomplished for the last 7 years...

Yes I still think that his character is stale and needs a change, but it's definitely wrong to ignore all what the guy did for this company just because we hate his on TV character....

Cena did for this company what nobody ever did, his dedication for this buisness is unbelievable and he had a major role role inbuilding so many superstars in the ring....

This is coming from the biggest CM Punk fan on this forum....
    We all know that CM Punk built himself through his own work for the last 6 years, but still we can't forget about Cena's role in building the CM Punk we are seeing now....

Orton in 2007 & 2009 was over because of Cena, and Edge won his very first WWE Championship because of his feud with Cena which made him bigger that ever......

I hope every Cena hater see the light just like I did and start appreciating the guy and what he did for the WWE...

As I said before , This is coming from the biggest Punk fan on this forum....
    I have to say.....

THANK YOU CENA.....
    Fave 6:

1 & 2- CM Punk & Dean Ambrose (Don't Know who I like more LOL)

3- The Miz
    4- Damien Sandow
    5- Daniel Bryan
    6- Antonio Cesaro

Default Re: I'm starting to get it......

Quote Originally Posted by BaraaKhalaf92 View Post
    John Cena.....
    A guy that I hated for years and used to think that he is the reason why everything is wrong in the WWE.....
    A guy that I thought didn't deserve to be the no 1 guy in the company...

There is a big difference between hating the superstars "character" and hating the person himself.....
    I used to hate him both ways , because I thought that in the ring he is the boring stale superman that rarely loses and if he does it never happens clean, and outside the ring he is a person that undeservedly made his way to the top through shortcuts....

That's what I used to think before, But now....I'm finally starting to get it, and I have the guts to say that I was wrong for years......
    I underestimated Cena's role in everything positive that the WWE has accomplished for the last 7 years...

Yes I still think that his character is stale and needs a change, but it's definitely wrong to ignore all what the guy did for this company just because we hate his on TV character....

Cena did for this company what nobody ever did, his dedication for this buisness is unbelievable and he had a major role role inbuilding so many superstars in the ring....

This is coming from the biggest CM Punk fan on this forum....
    We all know that CM Punk built himself through his own work for the last 6 years, but still we can't forget about Cena's role in building the CM Punk we are seeing now....

Orton in 2007 & 2009 was over because of Cena, and Edge won his very first WWE Championship because of his feud with Cena which made him bigger that ever......

I hope every Cena hater see the light just like I did and start appreciating the guy and what he did for the WWE...

As I said before , This is coming from the biggest Punk fan on this forum....
    I have to say.....

THANK YOU CENA.....
    I felt the same way about Cena and now i couldn't agree more with what you said. weel put.

I don't there could be a better person to have been the number one guy in the company in 2007 and onwards when there was a big anti wrestling thing going on.

I'm interested to know what short-cuts you originally thought Cena took?

But yeah, Cena's a good egg who's usually putting in a good word for up and coming talent. He seems a lot more positive than his predecessors (with the exception of The Rock).
    Pimpin' Ain't Easy

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post

But yeah, Cena's a good egg who's usually putting in a good word for up and coming talent. He seems a lot more positive than his predecessors (with the exception of The Rock).
    Steph had the hots for him

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post

What I used to think is history, what is important is what I think now....
    Fave 6:

3- The Miz
    4- Damien Sandow
    5- Daniel Bryan
    6- Antonio Cesaro

You know when I really became a Cena fan? During the build up for the Cena/Rock match. I know it's all scripted of course, but I felt like Cena was really talking from the heart when he said the Rock did what Cena will never do and just leave.
    Wildfire Tommy Rich for WWE HOF 2014

By the way, what are these wrestlers Cena had a huge role in building in the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by 1-2-3 Kid View Post

By the way, what are these wrestlers Cena had a huge role in building in the ring.
    If you didn't read then how did you know the contents of my post....
    Fave 6:

3- The Miz
    4- Damien Sandow
    5- Daniel Bryan
    6- Antonio Cesaro

skipped through most of it. still haven't answer my question

skipped through most of it. still haven't answer my question
    CM Punk, Randy Orton, Edge, RVD , etc........
    Fave 6:

3- The Miz
    4- Damien Sandow
    5- Daniel Bryan
    6- Antonio Cesaro

CM Punk, Randy Orton, Edge, RVD , etc........
    So...he made those guys better? Ok

pretty much how i feel.

john cena the man busts his fucking ass. respect for that.

BUT the character and his part of the WWE product that he is busting his ass to put out i do not care for at all.
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

So...he made those guys better? Ok
    Yes he did, you can laugh all you want but he did.....
    Not to take anything from their personal efforts but he did help putting their characters over.....
    Fave 6:

3- The Miz
    4- Damien Sandow
    5- Daniel Bryan
    6- Antonio Cesaro

Orton in 2007 is a strange one, his feud with Cena through the Summer bought him back into focus defiantly (its unfortunate Cena got in the ring with Kennedy and was injured so we didn't get a conclusion to the feud at the time) but Orton was almost a hybrid of the Legend Killer and the Viper he'd become. Essentially a bit lost because he was because he was punting guys in the head until he became Champion and stopped. It wasn't then until after he'd lose the title that he became the Viper and hear voices and essentially become a "star".

I don't dispute that Cena helped him out but forming Legacy and feuding with McMahons and HHH did more for him, to me 2007/08 was a transition for Orton.

Quote Originally Posted by Heteroflexible View Post
    Orton in 2007 is a strange one, his feud with Cena through the Summer bought him back into focus defiantly (its unfortunate Cena got in the ring with Kennedy and was injured so we didn't get a conclusion to the feud at the time) but Orton was almost a hybrid of the Legend Killer and the Viper he'd become. Essentially a bit lost because he was because he was punting guys in the head until he became Champion and stopped. It wasn't then until after he'd lose the title that he became the Viper and hear voices and essentially become a "star".

I don't dispute that Cena helped him out but forming Legacy and feuding with McMahons and HHH did more for him, to me 2007/08 was a transition for Orton.
    It's not a matter of which helped building Orton more, Cena helped building him and that's the point....
    Of course I agree that 2009 and his feud with HHH and the McMahons had a bigger impact on his career , but still Cena had a role in the whole thing, and that's my point....
    Fave 6:

3- The Miz
    4- Damien Sandow
    5- Daniel Bryan
    6- Antonio Cesaro

Wow. The one bit of credit I've been giving to (some) WWE marks is that at least they hold their ground when it comes to Cena. Everything else that's spoon fed to them by WWE is accepted with open arms and they defend everything WWE does no matter how terrible it has become. But at least they held their ground on their dislike for Cena.

Apparently they have caved on that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Boss View Post
    Wow. The one bit of credit I've been giving to (some) WWE marks is that at least they hold their ground when it comes to Cena. Everything else that's spoon fed to them by WWE is accepted with open arms and they defend everything WWE does no matter how terrible it has become. But at least they held their ground on their dislike for Cena.

Apparently they have caved on that as well.
    I still hate his on screen character, what has changed is that now I respect him more and start appreciate what he did for the business ....
    You talk like if you are not even a WWE fan........
    Fave 6:

3- The Miz
    4- Damien Sandow
    5- Daniel Bryan
    6- Antonio Cesaro

I've recently started to appreciate Cena a little bit more too. He's clearly a really good guy outside the ring (granting over 300 Make-A-Wish Foundation wishes) and inside the ring, though he's not a very skilled wrestler, he works around it through his charisma, not too dissimilar to the way Hulk Hogan used to mask his limited in-ring ability through showboating. I'd like to see a Cena heel turn, possibly culminating in a feud with Sheamus or Orton.

While I get bored watching Cena in the ring, and his mic work isn't my cup of tea (he's great on the mic, his style just isn't for me), I certainly appreciate what John has done for the company. Even a once-off chance to work with Cena can really help mid-carders break into the main event scene. Cena's a great catalyst for getting young talent over with the fans.

I still hate his on screen character, what has changed is that now I respect him more and start appreciate what he did for the business ....
    You talk like if you are not even a WWE fan........
    Cena didn't do anything for the business. He was simply the guy they pushed. He will be easily forgotten by future generations.

I haven't been a WWE fan in about ten years. And I haven't considered them my favorite promotion since 1992.

Cena didn't do anything for the business. He was simply the guy they pushed. He will be easily forgotten by future generations.
    I really disagree with that. Without Cena at the moment, who knows what wrestling would look like. He has carried the company on his shoulders for around 7 years, he won't be forgotten

I haven't been a WWE fan in about ten years. And I haven't considered them my favorite promotion since 1992.
    I'd say that is quite a stretch. Every generation of the WWE has "The Guy," i.e. the top face of the promotion; Bruno, Hulk, Bret, Austin, HHH, and now Cena. Sure, you could make the case that each of those guys was given the spot. But WWE has also given that spot to a few guys that just didn't stick, i.e. Warrior, Savage, Nash. Just because WWE puts a wrestler in the top spot does not mean they will keep it. But the good ones do stay on top through hard work and dedication to the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Perfect View Post
    But the good ones do stay on top through hard work and dedication to the company.
    During the first couple of years, the WWE was way too aggressive in pushing Cena down everyone's throat. He could have easily been in the same position he is now, without that superman, ridiculous long-ass boring championship reign he had. I think the year Cena never lost a match was worst than when Triple H was on top in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Steve View Post
    During the first couple of years, the WWE was way too aggressive in pushing Cena down everyone's throat. He could have easily been in the same position he is now, without that superman, ridiculous long-ass boring championship reign he had. I think the year Cena never lost a match was worst than when Triple H was on top in 2003.
    I get what you're saying. It was a bit over the top of a push. But my point, and the point of the OP, is that we, the fans, can't really hate on Cena for the booking he was given. However, many of us have come to apreciate Cena for the years of hard work he has put into becoming and staying the top guy for as long as he has.

Just to kind of elaborate, look at some of the other top guys of previous generations and how long they held that top spot. Austin, HHH, Hart all had a run of about 2-3 years as the TOP guy before their character's draw dwindled, their body broke down, or they just personally were not happy anymore. But the arguement can be made that Cena has been the top guy for at least 6 years now. A case could be made that even Hulk couldn't make it past the 6 year mark.

Everything you just said there is laughable.

And I like how you feel justified in making these kinds of statements if you haven't been a fan for ten years. How the hell do you know what he has and hasn't done, then?

HAYZE

Thread Information