Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How come the World Heavyweight championship doesn't main event PPVs?

Question How come the World Heavyweight championship doesn't main event PPVs?

Every PPV we have witnessed recently has given the WWE Championship match the main event status. Under it the World Heavyweight Championship seems to be making less sound than it used to before.

Whats your view on this?

Default Re: How come the World Heavyweight championship doesn't main event PPVs?

Because it's the IC belt.

Default Re: How come the World Heavyweight championship doesn't main event PPVs?

As of late the title that is not on Raw is the secondary title, fair or not. The champions of Raw have more visibility and it wouldn't make much sense for the Smackdown world champion to be featured as prominently or more prominently than the WWE champion on Raw so the more emphasized champion to the bigger audience will always close the show (when John Cena doesn't ).

Credit to BezerroBizarro from DeviantArt and Lony for Resisizing!
    http://bezerrobizarro.deviantart.com...oshi-163705876
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    0 days since a Cena fight. C'mon guys we need to at least get it up to two.
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

because since the brand split is basically over the belts are basically classified has such:

-WWE champion
    -WHW champion

-IC champion

-US champion

-tag champions

-divas champion
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

Best In The World BaraaKhalaf92's Avatar

Yea
    The WH title is now more like a mid card title (unfortunately), the WWE title is definitely more important and it's absolutely normal for the WH title to be behind the WWE title, but that doesn't mean they make it the opening match at WM....

I want the WH title to return to its status back in 2002-2005 when i was perhaps more important than the WWE title, but that's difficult now as it's mainly used to push young superstars....
    Fave 6:

1 & 2- CM Punk & Dean Ambrose (Don't Know who I like more LOL)

3- The Miz
    4- Damien Sandow
    5- Daniel Bryan
    6- Antonio Cesaro

As I've said in other threads the WHC has been majorly devalued in recent years and is more like the IC title of the 90s now, a lot more PPV buys are generated from the WWE title match rather than the WHC, I say it's time for a unification match and just go with using the WWE title as the main title.
    My favourite wrestlers are currently
    1-CM Punk
    2-Daniel Bryan
    3-Dolph Ziggler
    4-The Miz
    5-Damien Sandow
    6-Cody Rhodes

If you don't care about the WHC title, why does it matter if it is Unified with the WWE title?

Because Vince has to prove to the world that the WWE title is more important than the WCW title and will keep it that way until he dies, gets frozen, then reanimates to steal back the company and destroy it, then dies again.
    MachoWarrior made this so you should touch him sexually.

The RTruth
    RT loves Lucky Penny beer. You should try it.

Before both belts got to main even the PPV's they were assigned to, like Smackdown PPV's would have the WWE title main event and RAW PPV's would have the WH title main event, whenever the belt got switched over to either show that belt would main event...RAW has got the top guys at the moment...if Cena and Punk were on SD! fighting over the WH belt then it would be main eventing
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

Banned

Here it goes

1 John cena

2 wwe championship

3 WHC championship

4 IC championship

5 US championship

All We Have is Right Now The Champ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    Because it's the IC belt.
    Yep.

They've reduced it to a modern day 1980s IC Championship. The actual IC Championship is now more of a more of a modern day European Championship.

It's lame, and it was a better when the belts were more equal and could essentially alternate PPVs if they wanted, but I still prefer this over the idea of them being unified. Because there's still one championship that means more than all the others either way.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by spear View Post
    Here it goes

1 John cena

2 wwe championship

3 WHC championship

4 IC championship

5 US championship
    I love it...How do you win The John Cena?

Best In The World BaraaKhalaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Industry View Post
    ROLF
    Fave 6:

1 & 2- CM Punk & Dean Ambrose (Don't Know who I like more LOL)

3- The Miz
    4- Damien Sandow
    5- Daniel Bryan
    6- Antonio Cesaro

Quote Originally Posted by The Industry View Post

HAYZE

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

So, The Rock is still The John Cena?

And you don't want him to get it back, Champ?

Young Spear, you brilliant bastard. You have broken this case wide open

No, because the title of John Cena must be defended in 30 days or it is automatically vacated.

Hence why John Cena never takes any time off.

HAYZE

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

The comments on that Rock Bottom to Cena youtube video...

I dont want to live on this planet anymore

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

Didn't we already have like a 50 page discussion addressing this issue?

Because Jack Swagger was given it, and the choice of champions after him with the exception of Sheamus, Edge and Orton affected it, making it nothing but a joke title....it could have survived two or three of the reigns from Swagger, Rey, Kane, Dolph (before he was ready, and if it was more than for two hours), Mark Henry, Christian, Daniel Bryan, Big Show....but put them all together, and compare them to the WWE Title and long solid runs from Orton, Miz, Cena and Punk...the WWE Title is the clear winner. Sure it had a couple of devaluing reigns such as Rey and del Rio, but compared to teh World Title it's on average faired better. Don't get me wrong, I like Dolph, Daniel, Kane, Bryan, Christian...but they were given the title for the wrong reasons, same with folks I don't like much like Show, Henry, Swagger.

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

I think Henry and Kane's runs were actually fairly entertaining. Otherwise, I agree with you.

I just view it as a verion of the IC title. Seems to be given to talent who are still developing: Swagger, Bryan, Ziggler (potentially) etc. Or to stars like Henry and Kane who probably deserve it but don't draw as well as Cena and other RAW superstars. When it was first introduced it was the major title though, wasn't it? During the evolution days while JBL reigned on Smackdown! Either way, now it is pretty much the 2nd major title by a fair margin.

There's a difference between being entertaining and being credible in the eyes of fans. Mark Henry, and Kane were not credible after the way they've been used for the past 15 years. Some of the newer fans who didn't watch 1997-2006 don't notice because they didn't see it, but those of us who did know Henry and Kane have been nothing more than a joke during some periods...and now we're suppose to take them seriously?

Speak for youself Mark Henry is in my top 5 when he was around. Has been for like 4 years.

I enjoyed his run with Big Goldie more then anybody else that has held the belt

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

Yeah, ya should. When Mark Henry murders everyone and anyone who gets in his way, destroys the #2 guy in the company, and can't be stopped by ANYONE, you take him seriously.

Because John Cena does not hold it / 2nd rate world title as it was the wcw main title

Thread Information