Thread: How would you book stars differently?

Default How would you book stars differently?

Just a fun thread, so please no flame wars. This isn't about what would actually sell or draw, but about personal preference. If you were the owner of WWE and made all the decisions, how would you book the stars differently?

First thing I would do is a slow Punk face turn. I just like him better as a face. I would do it by building on what is happening right now with Heyman. We often see Punk bossing Heyman around and not taking his advice and etc. Have Punk lose the belt to the Rock at RR, then after the match, Brock Lesnar comes down and stands face to face with the Rock and have a stare down. Everyone is getting hyped thinking we're gonna have a Rock/Brock showdown. Punk gets up and with Heyman by his side he stands next to Brock. Both are Heyman guys, so everyone would know what was about to happen. They'd gang up on Rock and Cena would come out to save the day and set up a tag match for the next PPV right?

Wrong. Heyman would kneel down and give Punk a low blow followed by Lesnar beating him up and giving him an F5 before they leave the ring, ignoring the Rock, who stands there dumbfounded. Then the next night on RAW Heyman talks about how Punk always bosses him around and all that. Set up a Brock and Punk feud where Brock beats him at the next PPV(I forgot which one come between RR and WM. Is it NWO or TLC? I can't keep track with a PPV almost every month now. lol). Then while Rock and Cena are busy with their over-hyped thing, it will free up a slot for Punk vs Lesnar and steel cage or something where Punk wins with help from Mick Foley(Who takes out Heyman). And when people wonder why Foley would help Punk, he'd say, "Well, I may not like you Punk, but I like Heyman a lot less so I decided on the lesser of two evils."

And with Rock and Cena, have Show(or who ever is WHC) come out and take out Rock after the referee gets knocked out accidentally and cost Rock the Belt. I would have it be Ziggler who has cashed in MitB and the next night on RAW start ranting how he should be in the Main Event since he is the best and the World Champion. Have Ziggler go on like "Hey, Cena might be the WWE Champ, but I am the Champion of the World! And I will not play 2nd fiddle to anybody!" Or something like that and have a champion vs champion match at the next PPV. Not a title match, but big match that would hopefully put an end to the WHC being just another mid-card belt, and have Ziggler win clean in a fluke upset or something.

Then I'd give Ziggler a huge push and have him feud with Ryback. Let Ziggler win their first match, then end the feud with Ryback becoming WHC and giving him a good run with it. And if Ryback is still hot and selling, this would help even more to make the WHC a big deal and bring to the level of the WWE Championship.

And while that is all happening, with Punk as a face again, have him become #1 contender and beat Cena clean for WWE title. Then at the next event, have him win again, except this time Cena snaps and starts beating up Punk with a steel chair or something because he's "Tired of being the WWE's workhorse and carrying the company, picking up everyone's slack," or something like that. Then we have our Cena heel turn.

In the Mid Card, I'd have Cody Rhodes turn face by having him and Sandow have a falling out while at the same time having Kofi do a heel turn and feud with Miz for the IC title and move on to Rhodes feuding with Cesaro for the USC.

Team Hell No would continue with their whacky shenanigans.

So what would you do?

Default Re: How would you book stars differently?

It would be very simple for me. I would literally have everyone involved in something. From CM Punk, all the way down to JTG. You have plenty of TV time, I say you keep one angle (maybe two) that will be played out on both RAW & Smackdown, while using the rest of the tv time to give the other wrestlers in angles / storylines.

I know this is a pipe dream but, this is one of the few things I miss about the Crappitude Era. Everybody was at least doing something (even dancing around in a speedo and a fanny pack, is better than nothing.)

Bender's Banner Shop of Freaks and Oddities
    NOW OPEN!

Yeah I hear ya there, Bender. I'd do the same thing. lol. I'd give Tensai and Brodus Clay some time off and repackage them with masks or something and bring them back as a monster tag team and run over everyone and become tag champs. Call them the Big Brigade or something. lol. Or maybe have Tensai play a Bouncer for 3MB. That would be funny. lol. And maybe bring in Generico and team him up with Santino and Ryder with Brodus as their big man and have a big stable war.

I would also make sure everyone is active so everyone can get over. And there'd be plenty of time for me to accomplish this because I'd fire half the roster on the basis of being shit. I'd then call up the great talent in NXT and raid the indies for the next batch of breakthrough stars.

I'm glad people feel the same way about the talent being given something to do.

The main problem from my perspective, is the Monday Night Wars skewed how the WWE had to operate. Let's not forget, before then a lot of the TV time was filled with no name jobbers losing to signed talent. Then you would pay for the Pay-Per-View to see the actual talent fight each other. Once the 'Wars' started, they had to put on big time matches for free on TV. It seems now they want to go back to the jobberish ways but, they are using signed talent to do it. So JTG and company get stuck with no real direction and no reason to care about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Edynol View Post
    Or maybe have Tensai play a Bouncer for 3MB. That would be funny.
    Take my money... all of it. If he put back in the piercings and went back to the black t-shirt / leather pants look he would be perfect for that.

Bender's Banner Shop of Freaks and Oddities
    NOW OPEN!

I would focus on getting everyone over instead of focusing the entire product on just the main event level talent.

I would not megapush a handful of guys at the expense of everyone else (see Tensai, Brodus Clay, Ryback, Damien Sandow, Antonio Cesaro).

I would let some faces move up the card and have feuds. It's ridiculous how heels like Wade Barrett stuck doing nothing because all the top faces are occupied and everyone else is just a weak jobber.

STL Cards: 73-63 :) SM(Stardust)'s Avatar

The main thing I would do is build towards a Cody Rhodes face turn. I would have Sandow turn on him causing him to turn face. If I had my way, they would face each other at Extreme Rules after tag teaming for the last time at WM 29.

After that I would build Cody up and have him win the 2014 Royal Rumble and then the WWE Title at WM 30 to become the next top face in the WWE.

It won't happen, but I would love to see it.

Other than that, I would make sure everyone has something to do, so that they mean something and it doesn't seem as random when certain wrestlers show up like it kind of does now.

Also, I would have a unification match for the IC & US Titles and only have the IC Title. Oh, and I would take Ryder's Internet Championship and make it an actual title where it is defended on every preshow before every PPV on WWE's Youtube Channel.

surrender

Quote Originally Posted by SheltonMysterio View Post
    I would have a unification match for the IC & US Titles and only have the IC Title. Oh, and I would take Ryder's Internet Championship and make it an actual title where it is defended on every preshow before every PPV on WWE's Youtube Channel.
    This. I would so do that as well. Especially the Internet title. Freakin awesome idea right there. Have the belt be similar to the WWE title with the logo on it with a .com under under it, Internet on the top, Champion on the bottom, and the small plates on the sides embedded with YouTube, Twitter, Tout, and Facebook logos.

STL Cards: 73-63 :) SM(Stardust)'s Avatar

Another thing I would do is have more managers and valets for wrestlers that are not good on the mic. I think this is one thing missing from the WWE. Yes, there are some managers, but it isn't like it used to be.

I would also allow wrestlers to have more mic time as not enough wrestlers get a chance to speak reagularly or to speak at all.

surrender

Id have one world title. Bring back the tv title and make midcard belts more important. Like actual stepping stones. 3 mid card belts and one hw belt. Bring in actual tag teams. And have a real division. Just make belts more important.

Quote Originally Posted by In-O-Vader View Post
    Id have one world title. Bring back the tv title and make midcard belts more important. Like actual stepping stones. 3 mid card belts and one hw belt. Bring in actual tag teams. And have a real division. Just make belts more important.
    I agree with this. But I don't think there should be more than two midcard belts unless one of them has special rules like the Hardcore and/or Cruiserweight Title. Otherwise, there should be only two: One for the higher level guys (i.e. Miz, Barrett, etc.) about to break through to the main event (The Intercontinental Title), and one for the pure midcarders (i.e. 3MB, Ryder, Santino) who won't be in a high profile angle any time soon (The Television Title fits this description perfectly; it's a joke that the United States Title is currently in this role).

And while we DO need real tag teams, I don't think that the tag teams should be taken out of consideration for singles titles entirely. Since only two teams can feud for the tag team titles at a time, it might break the monotony a bit just to have one of the individual members of a tag team chasing after a singles title.

I think that the individual members of tag teams should be allowed to have singles pushes without breaking up, especially since most singles guys end up in tag matches every other week anyway.

Thread Information