Thread: Whats next for Ryback?

Default Whats next for Ryback?

I don't see him winning the WWE title anytime soon, not with this whole Rock/Cena/Punk love triangle thing going on at the moment and we're still a little way from the rumble which people think Ryback will win so he can become World Heavyweight champion...so is that the next step for Ryback? What will they do with him between now and the Rumble? Is he gonna beat up on the NXT guys that screwed him?
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

Default Re: Whats next for Ryback?

It appears that Ryback will still be in the spotlight some what in the coming months. Between the attack from last night and we all know Brad Maddox will be thrown in there in the coming weeks. i may be one of the few but i think Ryback will have a pretty good future in the WWE. i really think he could use a Cena heel turn to help him out. just my 2 cents.

- He'll face the 'Outsiders' as WWE.COM are promoting those 3 as

- Defeat them all after finding out either Punk/Heyman/Maddox is behind the group

- Defeat the leader

- Do something meaningful at Rumble

- Win an Elimination Chamber

- Headline Mania for the World Championship

I hope anyway.
    - Credit JV -
    My client Gus Poyet broke the streak!!!

Ryback has improved since feuding with Punk at house shows and such. Thie guy will do great things in the WWE, but please change his ring gear!!

I won't be sold on this guy until I see a good promo or two come out of his mouth. Good mic work and a personality are more important than ever in this day of social media. Strange sounding grunts and feed me more along with that weird arm twitching thing he does is going to get old quick just like Goldberg's " who's next" got old.

Ryback is set to win the rumble, but for know he will feud with the new Radicals.

ATM if Orton is turning heel i'm not sure if they are going Sheamu Vs Orton for the world title or Show Vs Ryback for the title. It's all up in the air right now.

Thanks To Hayze

I think the issue Ryback has is that his look and power approach is comparable to Goldberg and Brock Lesnar. (I actually believe they gave him the RVD-like attire so that he'd look different from the black boot/black tights style. Plus he doesn't have the lein physique of them.)

Therefore his will suffer the comparisons. His problem is that he's not as athletic as either Brock or Bill. He may be strong, but athleticism aids in strength. I don't know how many times we've seen Goldberg still manage to lift guys even if it's a struggle. Both Brock and Goldberg had a lot of impact with their moves and created excitement. Also because of the similarities, he's got to compete with the fact that Brock and Goldberg used their finishers on huge guys like Show/Giant. I think Ryback is strong enough to lift them, but the nature of his move and his lack of overall athleticism I believe wouldn't make it work.

I think Ryback's only major impactful move is the meathook clothesline. I feel they should change his finisher soon as it is more of a gamble to pull off each time since all that weight is on the neck and it's requires a lift over the head vs using your back/shoulder (Cena, Brock, Goldberg). Some might argue that's what can make it seem more impressive?

Either way, I believe Goldberg was faster, more athletic, didn't seem as stiff and his moves had more impact. Lesnar had great ability, technical wrestling, great strength, could sell well (if not oversell sometimes). Both were ok on the mic.

Unfortunately for Ryback, until they improve his athleticism, I think he'll always be the "rip off" as opposed to great in his own way.

is a Walking Pay-Per-View A-C-P's Avatar

Ryback will lose the WWE Title match at TLC (which is becoming the one and only non-Cena ME PPV of each year i guess), He will win the Rumble, finish feud with 'The Shield" at EC and be the one that "stops" Big Show for the WHC at WM.

I think this current version of Ryback has a very short "shelf-life' so the WWE best capitalize on the popularity he has now.

I AM THE TAGE TEAM CHAMPIONS!

Credit to Saffron Warrior for the Banner

Thread Information