Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ryback's jets definitely cooling off now. Crowd didn't give two craps about him

Default Ryback's jets definitely cooling off now. Crowd didn't give two craps about him

I don't know if thats good or bad. Maybe it was just crowd tonight but if they are intent on pushing him as the next big thing, they definitely are making a big mistake here.

He isn't good enough to protect himself when he doesn't get the job done or loses.
    Last edited by Moses; 11-18-2012 at 11:09 PM.

Default Re: Ryback's jets definitely cooling off now. Crowd didn't give two craps about him

WWE dropped the ball....

And then tonight what was that? Still copying TNA? 3 men dressed in black jump in and beat down ryback...Aces & 8s anyone???

Ryback has lost 2 straight now.....
    Way to go vince

Default Re: Ryback's jets definitely cooling off now. Crowd didn't give two craps about him

Quote Originally Posted by Bristowj View Post
    WWE dropped the ball....

And then tonight what was that? Still copying TNA? 3 men dressed in black jump in and beat down ryback...Aces & 8s anyone???

Way to go vince
    Complains that WWE is ripping off the Goldberg streak.

But when Ryback's streak ends, complains that Vince has dropped the ball.

surrender

For a pro-Punk crowd, I thought he did quite well for himself.

However, they'd better stop booking him near the title unless they want him to actually win, because even though he's looked like a beast even in defeat, it will kill his heat.

Sometimes I really hate that TNA ever became a sort-of threat to the E. (Even if they really aren't)

It's not like any company's ever done "guys dressed in black attack people" before.

Sorry guys, Ryback was never gonna be anything more than flavor of the month big guy Main event experiment in the first place.

~Credit to Bender for the awesome sig

Banned

People seriously like Ryback? Can't wait for him to go away for good.

I can't stand anything about him, especially that stupid finisher of his.

2011 NCAA Poster Of Year Sweetness_Bolt's Avatar

He looked dominant v Punk & Cena, what could be better for him?

To believe that most peoples interest in Ryback is solely because of whether or not he wins or loses or that their interest in him will drop if he loses is silly

In Between The Lines, There's A Lot Of Obscurity. I'm Not Inclined To Resign To Maturity
    If It's All Right, Then You're All Wrong. Why Bounce Around To The Same Damn Song
    You Rather Run When You Can't Crawl. I Know That You Know That I'm Not Telling The Truth
    I Know That You Know, They Just Don't Have Any Proof. Embrace The Deception, Learn How To Bend
    Your Worst Inhibitions They Will PSYCH You Out In The End

You guys kill me.

From what I've read the crowd at Survivor Series was dead all night. He's still getting a reaction. It's not a mistake. People are into the guy. They're buying what the WWE is selling with him right now. I definitely am. There have been far worse guys in the main event. Ryback is positive.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    You guys kill me.

From what I've read the crowd at Survivor Series was dead all night. He's still getting a reaction. It's not a mistake. People are into the guy. They're buying what the WWE is selling with him right now. I definitely am. There have been far worse guys in the main event. Ryback is positive.
    Yep.

Seriously, he came out last as the challenger in a championship match. He dominated pretty much the entire time. He no-sold Cena's suplex. He sat in Cena's submission for like 5 minutes and, at worst, looked like he was constipated. He took a freaking suplex through an announce table and still came back and dominated some more. He hit his finisher on both guys. It took three masked ninja commandos (okay, not masked or commandos or ninjas, but still...) to beat him down and powerbomb him through a second announce table just to give Punk enough time to pick up HIS scraps.

I think he's going to be okay.

WWE dropped the ball....

Way to go vince
    I'm just happy that we've reached the point where 3 guys in black jump somebody and people go "They're copying TNA!" instead of "THE NWO'S COMING BACK!"

Personally, the first thing I thought of when I saw it was that it reminded me of the Radicalz debut.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    I don't know if thats good or bad. Maybe it was just crowd tonight but if they are intent on pushing him as the next big thing, they definitely are making a big mistake here.

He isn't good enough to protect himself when he doesn't get the job done or loses.
    As for this, I thought getting put through both announce tables, once by the two biggest stars in the company, and once by three guys after a gang-style beatdown was pretty damn protected.

It's possible the crowd wasn't into him. But it's still early. He's not a megastar yet. It's important to see where they go from him. I think they need to get him out of the title picture just so he can start racking up wins again.

"I like cake."

Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I'm just happy that we've reached the point where 3 guys in black jump somebody and people go "They're copying TNA!" instead of "THE NWO'S COMING BACK!"

Personally, the first thing I thought of when I saw it was that it reminded me of the Radicalz debut.
    Oh, people are still doing the nWo thing. Someone mentioned it as a reason why they're calling the three guys "Outsiders."

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Oh, people are still doing the nWo thing. Someone mentioned it as a reason why they're calling the three guys "Outsiders."
    Sigh. We'll get through this. Baby steps. I'm trying to bring PW forward with our stable references. Instead of the NWO, or the Nation of Domination, I'm going with Radicalz and Nexus comparisons. Nexicalz.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Grey View Post
    Yep.

Seriously, he came out last as the challenger in a championship match. He dominated pretty much the entire time. He no-sold Cena's suplex. He sat in Cena's submission for like 5 minutes and, at worst, looked like he was constipated. He took a freaking suplex through an announce table and still came back and dominated some more. He hit his finisher on both guys. It took three masked ninja commandos (okay, not masked or commandos or ninjas, but still...) to beat him down and powerbomb him through a second announce table just to give Punk enough time to pick up HIS scraps.

I think he's going to be okay.
    No! WWE dropped the ball! They're headed for a disaster of biblical preportions! What I mean is Old Testament, Mr Grey, real wrath-of-God type stuff! Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!
    baboosh

Men in "black"... Black? Men? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its the Nation of Domination!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

I don't view Ryback as the problem. The problem is the lack of HOF level or proven veteran upper midcard talent talent (guys who feuded with and held their own against the HOF talent) in the WWE as of now. Looking at guys who are full timers, u just got Cena, Orton, Rey, Show, Kane, and Punk who are true HOFers in terms of being truly great singles stars. And out of that group, u only have one transcendant type guy in Cena. However, u have a multitude of young guys with major potential who are still very young into their WWE careers. WWE doesn't have enough HOF type material to help build these guys up. Or to give the fans great feuds between the HOF level talent themselves. We've seen all the HOFers feud with each other or have matches against each other. The other legends like Rock, HHH, Taker, Brock, and Y2J provide a huge boost or course, but Jericho is the only lately who helped build young stars.

Can't satisfy everybody...Someone explain how 3 men dressed in black is a rip off of Aces and 8's? People have been dressing in black for decades and attacking people. The Horsemen have done it. Dusty and Nikita Koloff have done it just to name a few. Nothing Tna is doing is ground breaking. it has all been done before. On a more happier note it was nice to see those three talented young men finally make it to the main stage. Good gentlemen!!!!!

Everyone is having a moan, if Ryback had won the title last night the same people would be banging on in a few weeks how he was pushed to quick and how to borrow a phrase "WWE dropped the ball". No matter what happens you can't please all of the people all of the time, I happen to think it was the right decision what happened and if Ryback being taken out by 3 guys isn't being protected then I sure as hell don't know what is. Finally whoever says this a rip off of TNA's aces and eights is talking out their arse, been done that many times over the years
    My favourite wrestlers are currently
    1-CM Punk
    2-Daniel Bryan
    3-Dolph Ziggler
    4-The Miz
    5-Damien Sandow
    6-Cody Rhodes

It's not over till it's over...

Fans and not even the WWE can determine whether something works or not until it completely stops working or until it's worked for quite a while...this is the first year...not ever star was a smash hit from the beginning...

If I had to pick one criticism, it is that Ryback doesn't speak much..Goldberg still spoke and was involved with good story lines....Kane didn't need to speak because the storyline at the time was unique and fitting...Ryback is feuding with two guys in Cena and Punk who are gold on the mic...so it makes it stand out much more..

Botches? All of the greats have botched.
    Match excitement? All of the greats have boring matches.

He's a work in progress. It takes time and booking.

How about we give it more than 1 night to say his jet's have cooled off?

Bender's Banner Shop of Freaks and Oddities
    NOW OPEN!

My vote goes to doing something like having Ryback have a non-title match with Big Show on RAW tonight, Sheamus intereferes, and Ryback is moved into that feud. The Rock's return is like 2 months away, no more room for Ryback.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmania View Post
    My vote goes to doing something like having Ryback have a non-title match with Big Show on RAW tonight, Sheamus intereferes, and Ryback is moved into that feud. The Rock's return is like 2 months away, no more room for Ryback.
    True. I think he needs a solid, one on one WM match against a formidable superstar. And not just another Smackdown squash on the big stage. Something with substance. Simply a good match.

I am meh on ryback but it isn't fair to base how over someone is off one crowds reaction... Even Cena can get a subpar reaction if preforming infront of a terrible crowd.

So, just watched the match, and the 'crowd not giving a shit' thing is absolute horseshit. In a punching exchange with JOHN CENA, the fans were cheering Ryback over Cena.
    baboosh

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    So, just watched the match, and the 'crowd not giving a shit' thing is absolute horseshit. In a punching exchange with JOHN CENA, the fans were cheering Ryback over Cena.
    They were also cheering the guy who just made fun of Lawler's heart attack over Cena during punching exchanges. Anti Cena crowd is anti Cena crowd.

Though Ryback is still over as hell

Thread Information