Thread: Stables!

Default Stables!

There hasn't been a good stable in WWE since CM Punks SES and before that Evolution, I'm not including Nexus due to how it became a total clusterfuck. In my opinion stables are an essential part of building up stars, Randy Orton, Batista - Evolution, The Rock - Nation of Domination, Triple H - DX the list goes on. In WWE it's pretty much died a death completely, 3MB remains to be seen but I'm thinking they will just be turned into jobbers although I'm pretty high on Heath Slater and Drew McIntyre. What I would have preferred if say CM Punk took Heath and Drew under his and Paul Heymans wing and let them do all his dirty, this would help build heat for Punk and give more upper card exposure to both Drew and Heath and really build one or both of them up as future champions, I really believe Drew Mcintyre in particular has the talent to go all the way to the top in WWE if he is built the right way and over a 18 months to 2 years.
    Thoughts?
    My favourite wrestlers are currently
    1-CM Punk
    2-Daniel Bryan
    3-Dolph Ziggler
    4-The Miz
    5-Damien Sandow
    6-Cody Rhodes

the horseman

Default Re: Stables!

I think the 3MB it's a big mistake.Look you have so much talent that you can have one main group on each show for example i've been brain storming for weeks now about this groups:

RAW:THE ARISTOCRATS or THE GENTLEMEN OF WRESTLING. (Alberto del Rio,Cody Rhodes,The Miz and Damien Sandow) their manager either T.M.D.M. Ted Dibiase or Paul Heyman.

SMACKDOWN:THE INTERNATIONALS or NATIONS UNITED. (Wade Barrett,Drew MCcantire,Antonio Cisaro and Lord Tensai) with their manager
    William Regal

Iwas also thinking of another group that could like D/X but darker and always angry but they're neutral so they can react to who ever they're facing the name
    REBELLION with the L's looking the other way,comprise by(Randy Orton,CM Punk and Rey Mysterio Jr.) and they would be on both shows. I know it's hard to believe that i put Rey but we have not seen Rey as a heel yet,besides it could be a good change and maybe a great push and they would be all equals wich is important to mention since every group has his thing but always someone at the helm.What do u guys think and listen i've been trying to pass this idea to anyone in WWE net but have come up short.Fond out they don't take suggestions via chat or internet so that sucks u know.If u guys have any type of connections over at WWE pass this along.I don't want money or fame,i just want to watch a great story develop and new situations.It's time to go back to the groups that make sense people please,lol! So there u have it write ur opinions on this idea.Have a nice day. bang,bang!!!!!!!!

Best In The World BaraaKhalaf92's Avatar

I'm all for stables TBH...

WWE had a great opportunity to make a stable of Paul Heymen guys with Punk as the leader, but they missed it big time...

Just imagine , CM Punk...Brock Lesnar...Antonio Cesaro...Dean Ambrose & Kassious Ohno...
    I would pay a billion dollars to see this....

I wouldn't mind seeing Drew there too as I'm a huge Drew fan...
    Fave 6:

1 & 2- CM Punk & Dean Ambrose (Don't Know who I like more LOL)

3- The Miz
    4- Damien Sandow
    5- Daniel Bryan
    6- Antonio Cesaro

Quote Originally Posted by the horseman View Post
    I think the 3MB it's a big mistake.Look you have so much talent that you can have one main group on each show for example i've been brain storming for weeks now about this groups:

RAW:THE ARISTOCRATS or THE GENTLEMEN OF WRESTLING. (Alberto del Rio,Cody Rhodes,The Miz and Damien Sandow) their manager either T.M.D.M. Ted Dibiase or Paul Heyman.

SMACKDOWN:THE INTERNATIONALS or NATIONS UNITED. (Wade Barrett,Drew MCcantire,Antonio Cisaro and Lord Tensai) with their manager
    William Regal

Iwas also thinking of another group that could like D/X but darker and always angry but they're neutral so they can react to who ever they're facing the name
    REBELLION with the L's looking the other way,comprise by(Randy Orton,CM Punk and Rey Mysterio Jr.) and they would be on both shows. I know it's hard to believe that i put Rey but we have not seen Rey as a heel yet,besides it could be a good change and maybe a great push and they would be all equals wich is important to mention since every group has his thing but always someone at the helm.What do u guys think and listen i've been trying to pass this idea to anyone in WWE net but have come up short.Fond out they don't take suggestions via chat or internet so that sucks u know.If u guys have any type of connections over at WWE pass this along.I don't want money or fame,i just want to watch a great story develop and new situations.It's time to go back to the groups that make sense people please,lol! So there u have it write ur opinions on this idea.Have a nice day. bang,bang!!!!!!!!
    Decent ideas mate apart from the rey heel idea, just wouldn't work. Another idea I think would be something they did in the wwe 12 game road to Wrestlemania have all the Brits unite into a group called the United Kingdom, that would be awesome
    1-CM Punk
    2-Daniel Bryan
    3-Dolph Ziggler
    4-The Miz
    5-Damien Sandow
    6-Cody Rhodes

We have 3MB right now, that's good enough for me.

I mean, if we were going to get another faction, call up Del Rio's brother Memo and have Ricardo start wrestling full time, there's a faction that makes total sense.
    baboosh

I just don't think 3mb will be a good enough group and with Jinder Mahal in it I mean wtf, Del Rio's brother will be called up in due course I assume, it could be the change Del Rio needs because right now he bores the shit out of me.
    1-CM Punk
    2-Daniel Bryan
    3-Dolph Ziggler
    4-The Miz
    5-Damien Sandow
    6-Cody Rhodes

Most of the golden eras in wrestling from my lifetime (Im 35 years old) featured stables as a huge part of shit. During the Monday Night Wars, u could probably name close to 10 stables between both WCW and WWE. Hell maybe even more. So I think WWE needs to get on track in that regard. A stable will Punk and Lesnar with Heyman as manager writes itself. Add Cesaro, possibly Show, and one up and comer. If Flair comes back and isn't used as a GM, let Naitch lead a stable. I know people don't wanna see the Four Horsemen reformed, but with the right guys it would blow up. Im thinking in terms of merchandise and things of that nature. For example, that Horsemen stable WWE.com laid out with Ziggler, Cody, Bryan, and Barrett looked tremendous in my book. With Bryan a face as of now it seems, a core of Ziggler, Cody, and Barrett with Flair and Arn involved would have big time potential. A repackaged Sandow, Even if the stable isn't named the Horsemen, let Flair manage a stable. I would even consider building a stable around Del Rio. Right there u have three heel stables for faces to feud with. And those heel stables can also feud with each other as well.
    Last edited by bizil; 11-18-2012 at 08:36 PM.

I like stables to an extent. Evolution, DX, NWO were all good stables. However, it always seems like wrestling fans overrate stables and view them as the answer to anything.

Stables, factions & managed families is what makes wrestling great. Everyone wants to be part of a gang.

So here are my ideas for factions.

The empire - heels

William regal - manager
    Wade Barrett - leader
    Drew McIntyre - mid carder
    Mason Ryan & zek Jackson - tag team

LWO - faces (all masked)

Rey mysterio
    Sin cara
    Hunico
    Epico

With the ladt twilight movie out now & being the hit it is. Could now be the time to bring back a vampire faction.

Have Kevin Thorne or gangrail recruit new blood to their brotherly brood.
    I do think that curt Hawkins & Trent Barreta could play the part well & a diva like Layla.
    This faction should be only presented on the smackdown brand.

A stable should contain the Top guy that can become champ. a guy who can become IC or US champ and of course a fantastic tag-team that can become champs at any point and time. not sure there are 4 legit people who could pull this off for a long term run or become a force for the future.....damn i miss the horsemen.

Quote Originally Posted by R.I.P ECF'NW View Post
    A stable should contain the Top guy that can become champ. a guy who can become IC or US champ and of course a fantastic tag-team that can become champs at any point and time. not sure there are 4 legit people who could pull this off for a long term run or become a force for the future.....damn i miss the horsemen.
    CM Punk, Jack Swagger, Rhodes Scholars there you go.
    1-CM Punk
    2-Daniel Bryan
    3-Dolph Ziggler
    4-The Miz
    5-Damien Sandow
    6-Cody Rhodes

Quote Originally Posted by Scotsman_In_Oz View Post
    CM Punk, Jack Swagger, Rhodes Scholars there you go.
    would you add Sandow to that list? im not sold on Swagger. i want to like this guy so much, but cant seem to do it. i was always the fan of the "bad guys". while most were screaming for Hogan. i was yelling for Piper. so the "Bad Guys" were and still are my favorite. Damn it Swagger...make me like you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by R.I.P ECF'NW View Post
    would you add Sandow to that list? im not sold on Swagger. i want to like this guy so much, but cant seem to do it. i was always the fan of the "bad guys". while most were screaming for Hogan. i was yelling for Piper. so the "Bad Guys" were and still are my favorite. Damn it Swagger...make me like you!!!
    Sandow is in there as a member of Rhodes Scholars. Swagger is awesome and has the "look" as well as the skills, the only thing he lacks is mic skills, which wouldn't be a problem in this stable as Paul Heyman as manager of the stable could become a mouthpiece for him and we all know that Punk and Sandow can cut awesome promos, as I've said in other threads I could quite happily watch 3 hours of Punk, Heyman and Sandow talking.
    1-CM Punk
    2-Daniel Bryan
    3-Dolph Ziggler
    4-The Miz
    5-Damien Sandow
    6-Cody Rhodes

Quote Originally Posted by Scotsman_In_Oz View Post
    Sandow is in there as a member of Rhodes Scholars. Swagger is awesome and has the "look" as well as the skills, the only thing he lacks is mic skills, which wouldn't be a problem in this stable as Paul Heyman as manager of the stable could become a mouthpiece for him and we all know that Punk and Sandow can cut awesome promos, as I've said in other threads I could quite happily watch 3 hours of Punk, Heyman and Sandow talking.
    i'm sorry i didnt read that you wrote Rhodes Scholars. i just saw Rhodes and assumed. i agree with that stable. thank you for opening my eyes!!

Quote Originally Posted by DX Warrior View Post

LWO - faces (all masked)

Rey mysterio
    Sin cara
    Hunico
    Epico
    Are you serious?

Cause this worked so well!

Quote Originally Posted by DX Warrior View Post
    With the ladt twilight movie out now & being the hit it is. Could now be the time to bring back a vampire faction.

Have Kevin Thorne or gangrail recruit new blood to their brotherly brood.
    I do think that curt Hawkins & Trent Barreta could play the part well & a diva like Layla.
    This faction should be only presented on the smackdown brand.

OK then have Christian return more dark like in his Brood days.

He can be the leader of the Vampire Pack

Christian - Leader (Main eventer) great on the mic

Jack Swagger - (upper Mid Carder) IC title

Hawkins & Barreta (Tag team)

Aksana - Diva of the group

Best In The World BaraaKhalaf92's Avatar

CM Punk (main eventer)
    Dean Ambrose (mid carder)
    Ohno and Cesaro (Tag team)
    Natalya (Diva)

Heymen (Manager)

If they do it, I may have a heart attack from joy. lol
    Fave 6:

1 & 2- CM Punk & Dean Ambrose (Don't Know who I like more LOL)

3- The Miz
    4- Damien Sandow
    5- Daniel Bryan
    6- Antonio Cesaro

Stables and managers are 2 things that WWE has totally dropped the ball on. How many great in ring talents would be pushed with a Heyman at there side. THink of the 80's how many great wrestlers would have been nobody with a manager. Would we have the great tag teams with the managers. It's just common sense to me

Stables like tag teams are good as you can put in dudes who might not be great at the mic. As well if theres someone you dont have a storyline for but need to keep them on TV
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKzmSQ49oWk
    The Master Builder - Jakob22, Presents - My Sins -

I love how people hate random people put in tag teams yet have no problem throwing random people into stables...

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

Stable, factions & even tag teams should have a purpose, a common goal, similarity, & able to work as a team.
    a good stable will elevate members to stardom

Think back to the Attitude Era Faction

DX - HHH/HBK worked well as a tag team & had the fans thinking what they will be up to next.
    nWo - As above but it grew stale when every man & his dog was in the faction.
    N.O.D - common goal hate everyone apart from your brothers & made the Rock who he is today.

Evolution - fantastic faction - Past, present & future stars

Back in the 80's,90's tag teams were hot, looked like a team, wrestled as a team.

Demolition
    L.O.D
    Hart Foundation
    Edge/Christian
    Hardy Boyz
    British Bulldogs
    New Age Outlaws
    Killer Bees
    Dudley Boyz
    DX

all great tag teams

Thread Information