Thread: Gimmick PPV's

Default Gimmick PPV's

I believe the WWE should do away with the gimmick PPV's such as Hell in a Cell and Extreme Rules.
    The only one I would consider keeping is the Elimination Chamber.
    I believe that matches such as hell in a cell have been majorly devalued by having them as PPV's. A match such as hell in a cell should be used to conclude a major feud or like Triple H trying to halt Undertakers streak for the 2nd year in a row not on 2 guys who have never feuded like CM Punk and Ryback, it should be used as a match where the only way 2 guys can settle their differences is by going inside the cell, that means the match being used sparingly even once every 18 months too make it seem like a huge deal when it's finally booked, in my opinion it would = more buys for whatever ppv it was booked. MITB should be moved back to Wrestlemania and there should only be one match, I just don't like the idea of having 2 guys running around with briefcases it just doesn't make sense, so move it back to mania have one guy win it who can cash in on either the WWE or WHC like it was originally, VKM needs to understand if it aint broke don't fix it!
    The Elimination chamber I would keep as an annual match but I would move it permanently to Survivor Series as the match is about surviving and battling the odds.
    My favourite wrestlers are currently
    1-CM Punk
    2-Daniel Bryan
    3-Dolph Ziggler
    4-The Miz
    5-Damien Sandow
    6-Cody Rhodes

Banned

Default Re: Gimmick PPV's

I dislike the gimmick PPV's a HIAC match should be used too end a fued it should only appear once every couple off years.
    Before gimmick PPV's a TLC and HIAC match were really exciting you hoped someone would do a high risk spot, and most off the time they were high risk awesome spots. But now when you think off Hell In A Cell you think off the PPV not the match itself. These PPV's are really killing them type off matches IMO.

I agree. Especially HIAC. Though one way I would like to keep that PPV is to have every single match take place in a cage. That would be pretty cool I think.

I agree, I hate the idea of gimmick PPV. HITC PPV has devalued the match soo much, this needs to end.

Thanks To Hayze

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    I agree, I hate the idea of gimmick PPV. HITC PPV has devalued the match soo much, this needs to end.
    It does need too end the HIAC now is on the same level as a cage match. And the annoying thing is the cage match now is Probally better than HIAC. And more dangerous. What am I talking about no matches are dangerous in the wwe anymore

WWE should definitely drop most of the gimmick PPVs, though keep Elimination Chamber and bring back King Of The Ring..Like others have said, Hell In The Cell has lost just about all its value due to lots of pointless Cell matches lacking buildup, kayfabe hatred and blood....Keeping MITB as a match at Wrestlemania, thereby having only one MITB winner per year makes more sense than having 2 guys with the same damn briefcase just painted in a different color..

King of the Ring, Royal Rumble, and Survivor Series are all gimmick ppvs...

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Kara View Post
    King of the Ring, Royal Rumble, and Survivor Series are all gimmick ppvs...
    Yea I should've been more specific..Keep Royal Rumble, Survivor Series and The Elimination Chamber, while bringing back King Of The Ring

i completely agree on putting the chamber back were it belongs at survivor series.

it fits with the name and is a better draw then the traditional team matches that are kinda *bleh* by todays ppv standards. back in the day seeing the maineventers and other top talent form these teams was cool. now we see this pretty much every week on raw in some way shape or form.
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

It was a lazy cop out to begin with. Sooner or later, these gimmick ppvs are going to run their course and they'll be forced to come up with something else to bring interest to the product again

I hate the idea of these gimmick PPV's. Hell in a Cell is the worst and has to go because it has utterly destroyed that match concept for me. They usually do overkill by having 2 or even 3 hell in a cell matches each year for feuds that don' need to be in it. Undertaker vs Kane and Randy Orton vs John Cena were the only feuds that you can make a case for being big enough to need the cell. Everything was unnecessary

Money in the Bank is the only one I would keep and like Jacknife suggested I would put the chamber back to Survivor Series. It will not only help out that PPV but also stop the cheap title switches they do every February to get the belts on the "right" guys for Mania.

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

Moderately Moderating Michinokudriver's Avatar

I'd say TLC got hurt worse by being turned into a PPV than HIAC. The Cell still commands some level of respect, but when's the last time anyone really cared about a tables match?

Nominee: PW's Most Knowledgeable Poster, 2006
    Co-winner: PW's Most Knowledgeable Nerd, 2006

Hell in a Cell PPV should be dropped.

The Money in the Bank PPVs should be dropped. However, the Money in the Bank Ladder Match itself should be a part of the TLC PPV, to fit with the Tables, Ladders, Chairs theme.

The Elimination Chamber PPV should be dropped, but the Elimination Chamber Match itself should be added to Extreme Rules, which would be an all gimmick match PPV and moved to February.

Didn't like the idea from the start.

Still don't know what the WWE can do really. If you cut back on PPVs you're going to lose revenue but on the other hand WWE PPVs don't carry the same demand they did all those years ago. Believe they need to find a compromise and revise the whole In Your House concept where you charge less for a show that is comparatively less attractive than shows like Wrestlemania or SummerSlam but still worth paying for.
    Pimpin' Ain't Easy

I don't think they should cut back on PPV's, one a month is just fine, I would be up for the whole In Your House concept being brought back at a lower price because I honestly believe that in the times we are living, (lack of jobs, global economic crises) people are not going to have the budget they had 5-6 years ago to spend on a PPV every month at current prices, I believe they could make up the lost revenue with extra buys at the lower price, provided they can make the show worth buying.
    My favourite wrestlers are currently
    1-CM Punk
    2-Daniel Bryan
    3-Dolph Ziggler
    4-The Miz
    5-Damien Sandow
    6-Cody Rhodes

Thread Information