Thread: My problem with the Survivor Series card.

Default My problem with the Survivor Series card.

First of all I prefer the old school SS concept which consisted of the elimination matches, but the most we will get is one traditional match so I'm not going to moan to much about it.
    What really gets my goat is the lack of a tag team title match or IC title match with the US title match seeming like something they cobbled together in order to find someone for Cesaro to beat.
    Although luckily for WWE they hadn't booked a tag titles match between Kane and Bryan and the Rhodes scholars now it looks as though Cody won't be able to perform at SS, for a division that is only just starting to mean something again it's the case of one step forwards and two backwards.
    Another problem is how little time WWE left for themselves to build up SS, and although it has vastly decreased in value and indeed nearly got taken off the schedule completely it is a big 4 ppv and should be treated as such.
    My favourite wrestlers are currently
    1-CM Punk
    2-Daniel Bryan
    3-Dolph Ziggler
    4-The Miz
    5-Damien Sandow
    6-Cody Rhodes

Default Re: My problem with the Survivor Series card.

My problem with the card is that we have seen all of these matches recently. There is nothing fresh or new. It is ike paying to watch Raw and Smackdown on any given week.

I consider Survivor Series number 6 on the Big 6.

1: Wrestlemania
    2: Summerslam
    3: Royal Rumble
    4: Elimination Chamber
    5: Money in the Bank
    6: Survivor Series

"I am Ultimate Warrior. You are the ultimate warrior fans. And the spirit of Ultimate Warrior will run forever"
    R.I.P. Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    I consider Survivor Series number 6 on the Big 6.

1: Wrestlemania
    2: Summerslam
    3: Royal Rumble
    4: Elimination Chamber
    5: Money in the Bank
    6: Survivor Series
    Im inclined to agree with you based on how SS has been booked in recent years, however historically it's a big 4 ppv, has been going for 25 years, making it the 2nd longest running ppv after Wrestlemania, and guys like The Undertaker, The Rock and Kurt Angle all debuted at SS, so for me it will always be in the top 4 because of it's history
    1-CM Punk
    2-Daniel Bryan
    3-Dolph Ziggler
    4-The Miz
    5-Damien Sandow
    6-Cody Rhodes

I honestly feel this has been a strong year for WWE when it comes to PPV's. The cards and overall matches have been for the most part very very good. However, I look at Survivor Series and admit I am not very excited and don't expect a good show. Hopefully I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Morrison_mark View Post
    I honestly feel this has been a strong year for WWE when it comes to PPV's. The cards and overall matches have been for the most part very very good. However, I look at Survivor Series and admit I am not very excited and don't expect a good show. Hopefully I am wrong.
    Couldn't agree more it hasn't been a bad year at all and that's reflected in the fact that pretty much every 2012 PPV has drawn more buys than in 2011, maybe I'm a traditionalist but I just don't like the fact they are treating their 2nd longest running PPV and one I've always looked forward to like a c grade piece of shit.
    1-CM Punk
    2-Daniel Bryan
    3-Dolph Ziggler
    4-The Miz
    5-Damien Sandow
    6-Cody Rhodes

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

My problem is the same as it is every year for this show and that is the lack of Elimination tag matches.

Why the hell not book the whole show to this concept to make it stand out again?

You can still book a WWE title match if needed, why not keep the theme for everyone else though, especially when there are 11 other PPVs and a year's worth of TV shows to have normal matches?

Survivor Series 1995 had a concept which I have no idea why they didn't keep and even make it a bigger deal for this event, and it was called the Wild Card match.

The Wild Card match was a brilliant concept where teams were selected at random paring enemies and forcing friends to face each other.

Why not just do the whole show like that, imagine the storyline possibilities you could create while also giving this show a strong distinction from the rest of the shows of the year.

See I don't think they have the depth in the roster to do all SS type matches. Now I don't see a problem with the card but I feel they didn't leave enough time to sort out what they wanted to do for SS. Changing the card last minute is a stupid thing to do but 'I can see why they did it. For me they should add the elimination chamber match to this PPV. Winning of that match should get the number 1 contender for the WWE title.

Thanks To Hayze

Quote Originally Posted by BadNewsFan View Post
    My problem is the same as it is every year for this show and that is the lack of Elimination tag matches.

Why the hell not book the whole show to this concept to make it stand out again?

You can still book a WWE title match if needed, why not keep the theme for everyone else though, especially when there are 11 other PPVs and a year's worth of TV shows to have normal matches?

Survivor Series 1995 had a concept which I have no idea why they didn't keep and even make it a bigger deal for this event, and it was called the Wild Card match.

The Wild Card match was a brilliant concept where teams were selected at random paring enemies and forcing friends to face each other.

Why not just do the whole show like that, imagine the storyline possibilities you could create while also giving this show a strong distinction from the rest of the shows of the year.
    I understand the idea of staying true to the Survivor Series brand and drawing a distinction between it and the other WWE PPVs but I believe the idea of having a show predominately made up of Elimination 4 on 4 or 5 on 5 matches is simply archaic and doesn't have a strong enough appeal.
    Pimpin' Ain't Easy

My problem is they pussied out on their original plans. Instead of

Cena Vs. Ziggler and Team Punk Vs. Team Foley.

We get

Cena Vs. Punk Vs. Ryback (because that triple threat match at SummerSlam involving Punk and Cena was SO good!) and Team Zigger Vs. Team Foley

They should've just left it as it was to begin with and now they killed my interest. FAIL.
    Last edited by Slushy; 11-18-2012 at 09:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret Hart, 1992
    I dedicate this moment to anyone who still believes the biggest dreams can still come true.
    R.I.P. The Wrestlemania Streak
    March 24, 1991 - April 6, 2014

Yeah look to be fair you should have a title defence on every PPV so I can understand why it was changed, HOWEVER, they should never have announced Team Punk vs Team Foley and now the Team Ziggler and Team Foley match looks like crap, What reason do Ziggler and Foley have to be put in a Survivor Series match it's just bullshit
    1-CM Punk
    2-Daniel Bryan
    3-Dolph Ziggler
    4-The Miz
    5-Damien Sandow
    6-Cody Rhodes

Yeah look to be fair you should have a title defence on every PPV so I can understand why it was changed
    That's what Big Show Vs. Sheamus was for. There's been a few PPVs where only one world title was defended.
    I dedicate this moment to anyone who still believes the biggest dreams can still come true.

WWE title means a helluva lot more than the WHC, no matter how we dress it up, Cena draws PPV buys when he's chasing the title (I am far from a Cena fan) and Team Foley Vs Team Punk just wasn't screaming to me buy this PPV, with that being said the current card isn't telling me to buy it either but Im sure they will do more buys with the WWE title defence, but I do expect it to be one of the worst performing PPV's of the year and being honest I can see this being the last WWE Survivor Series
    1-CM Punk
    2-Daniel Bryan
    3-Dolph Ziggler
    4-The Miz
    5-Damien Sandow
    6-Cody Rhodes

2002 through 2005 disagreed with that.

Quote Originally Posted by 4ever_Oldschool View Post
    2002 through 2005 disagreed with that.
    Yes, but here's the thing 2002 through 2005 the brand extension actually meant something, the WHC was on Raw the A show, now that the brand extension is meaningless with the WHC and WWE champs appearing on the same shows, the way the WHC is booked, I mean when was the last time that title main evented a PPV? It changed hands in 18 seconds at WM. As things stand today the WWE title is more valuable than the WHC.
    1-CM Punk
    2-Daniel Bryan
    3-Dolph Ziggler
    4-The Miz
    5-Damien Sandow
    6-Cody Rhodes

Thread Information