Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WWE Copies an Idea From TNA: Bischoff's response!

Question wwe having a man narrative video packages on raw copied from tna

WWE having a man narrating video packages on Raw was, in fact, copied from TNA Wrestling. According to F4WOnline.com, a WWE employee showed Vince McMahon a tape of Impact Wrestling featuring the concept and the company chief reportedly said, "WWE could do it better."
    Eric Bischoff, who produces Impact Wrestling, acknowledged the production rip-off last week on Twitter by posting the following fan message: "Saw #WWE using your backstage camera angles along with the voiceover in the opening video. #EricWins."

Default Re: wwe having a man narrative video packages on raw copied from tna

Vince is openly trolling them. Not copying them.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

A male voice announcer narrating over video packages isn't a new concept.

Both of them are acting like the immature man-children that they are.

Furthermore, TNA's old PPV voice announcer Barry Scott is unbeatable. Fuck Vince if he thinks he can do better than him.
    Just wait and see how it plays out, guys.

I hate it! Sounds like an intro to some shity soap opera.

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

It is a relatively novel concept in wrestling, though. And I like it, to be honest.

TNA acting like they invented the phrase "previously on ..."

BELIEVE IN AMBROSE
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by J-Morrison_mark View Post
    ... I'm fairly certain that's what sports-entertainment is.

It's not horrible, but my first thought was, "Way to make it sound more like a cheesy soap opera." I'll get used to it in time, but for now, just gotta make due. It is nice, though, to carry over plotlines one show to the next that way. And let's be honest, anything TNA can do, WWE can do better. Or make it much, much worse.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

I'm not usually one to criticise right off the bat, but the voice over thing is absolutely awful.
    For each a road
    For everyman a religion
    Find everybody and rule
    Fuck everything and rumble
    Forget everything and remember
    For everything a reason
    Forgive everybody and remember

Meh not the first time the WWE's done this, hell in the last few weeks alone the WWE has been consistently ripping off TNA... the AJ Lee/John Cena storyline has been done in TNA via AJ Styles/Claire Lynch and Brad Maddox is just a carbon copy of Garrett Bischoff and well it isn't recent there's no doubt in my mind that Lay-Cool = The Beautiful People.

Fact is Vince McMahon isn't the creative genius he claims to be.
    Welcome To The Suicide Squad

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

Has anything in wrestling ever been totally original?

Quote Originally Posted by Lony View Post
    Fact is Vince McMahon isn't the creative genius he claims to be.
    Not that I care about the topic, but has Vince ever actually claimed this? He is a good promoter and a good businessman but I'm not sure if he ever said this or not.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Morrison_mark View Post
    I agree. It just makes it seem too episodic. Just intro the show as usual and have Michael Cole talk about last weeks events.

Wipe him down with gasoline, till his arms are hard and mean.
    From now on boy this iron boat's your home.

Banned

I love the fact that Vince is openly having a laugh at Bischoff's expense.

I think it is awful and it needs to stop as soon as possible.

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Cenamark2.0 View Post
    I agree. It just makes it seem too episodic. Just intro the show as usual and have Michael Cole talk about last weeks events.
    He DOES call it the "longest-running weekly EPISODIC television show in history."

Default WWE Copies an Idea From TNA: Bischoff's response!

WWE having a man narrating video packages on RAW was, in fact, copied from TNA Wrestling. According to sources, a WWE employee showed Vince McMahon a tape of iMPACT! Wrestling featuring the concept and the company chief reportedly said something along the lines of, "WWE could do it better."

Eric Bischoff, who produces iMPACT Wrestling, acknowledged the production rip-off last week on Twitter by posting the following fan message: "Saw #WWE using your backstage camera angles along with the voiceover in the opening video. #EricWins."
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/1...ahons-reaction

So WWE keeps taking ideas from TNA, stating it can do it better. But just questions from all of this, didn't the WWE have this concept in their video packages??? I fought it was always narrated.

Eric Bischoff once again gave a little blow to Vince McMahon. I really believe he enjoys this stuff...

Default Re: WWE Copies an Idea From TNA: Bischoff's response!

Yes, because Bischoff...

...has never stolen...

...An idea...

... or gimmick...

...from other companies...

...in the past.
    Replacing John Cena with Roman Reigns is like replacing Hulk Hogan with Lex Luger.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    Yes, because Bischoff...

...has never stolen...

...An idea...

... or gimmick...

...from other companies...

...in the past.
    Your argument is invalid.

You're claiming Bischoff stole, quote, the nWo via Immortal? The nWo was his creation to begin with. In TNA, he hoped Immortal could elevate new talent and pitch TNA into a ratings war once more with Monday Night Raw. The original nWo certainly helped wCw secure the Ratings Championship for 80+ weeks consecutively. Bischoff is once again copying himself with the Aces & Eights stable.

In wCw, Bischoff tried to diametrically differentiate the company to that of WWE. WWE contained more cartoonish, comedic gimmicks, names, and stories. wCw utilized superstars' real names with more adult themed story lines and plot arcs.

And TNA is copying WWE with their own hall of fame? Any wrestling company is entitled a Hall of Fame, especially if their wrestlers are far greater, and some, more legendary. TNA may still be too young to establish a respectable Hall of Fame, but it isn't copyright infringement, and wrestlers like Sting, who will never be a part of WWE, and therefore never its Hall of Fame, still deserve immortality in their respective company. Sting was inducted not only for his TNA run, but also for NWA and wCw.
    You can say that you specialize but Eris will optimize.

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Your argument is invalid.

You're claiming Bischoff stole, quote, the nWo via Immortal? The nWo was his creation to begin with. In TNA, he hoped Immortal could elevate new talent and pitch TNA into a ratings war once more with Monday Night Raw. The original nWo certainly helped wCw secure the Ratings Championship for 80+ weeks consecutively. Bischoff is once again copying himself with the Aces & Eights stable.

In wCw, Bischoff tried to diametrically differentiate the company to that of WWE. WWE contained more cartoonish, comedic gimmicks, names, and stories. wCw utilized superstars' real names with more adult themed story lines and plot arcs.

And TNA is copying WWE with their own hall of fame? Any wrestling company is entitled a Hall of Fame, especially if their wrestlers are far greater, and some, more legendary. TNA may still be too young to establish a respectable Hall of Fame, but it isn't copyright infringement, and wrestlers like Sting, who will never be a part of WWE, and therefore never its Hall of Fame, still deserve immortality in their respective company. Sting was inducted not only for his TNA run, but also for NWA and wCw.
    nWo was never Bischoff's idea. He saw the idea done in Japan with Chris Jericho, Jado, Gedo and some other guy and literally copied the formula right down to playing guitar with the titles and spray painting people. Immortal, right down to how it debuted, was just another attempt at the nWo, only this time he decided to throw in his 4 Horsemen rip off, Fortune, into the mix as well.

And TNA's Hall of Fame is created to put in people that WWE hasn't so they can act 'cool'. I bet if Macho Man doesn't go in to the WWE hall of fame next year, he'll be put in the TNA Hall of Fame. "LOOK! WE HAVE STING AND MACHO MAN IN OUR HALL OF FAME! AREN'T WE COOL?!"
    Replacing John Cena with Roman Reigns is like replacing Hulk Hogan with Lex Luger.

I hate the voice over during the beginning of RAW, sounds so tacky

Thanks To Hayze

#EricWins
    Yeah, okay, Charlie Sheen.

What about TNA ripping off Stone Cold with the dumb Turtle guy? "Give me a big shell yeah!" I mean, really? Really? Really....That was the most pathetic thing I had ever seen in wrestling. lol. Even their top star, Sting, became a rip off of the Crow movies. And before that, when he first started out after separating from the Warrior, who was the Dingo Warrior back then, he was brought in as their version of the Ultimate Warrior, albeit one of the few things WCW actually did better than WWF because they got the better of the two. lol.

Anyways, my point is that both companies(I consider TNA a WCW spin-off) have ripped off each other, but as goes to show, WWE definitely does it better.

Banned

Yeah, Edynol, close enough but it was Shark Boy.

Hey now, Shark Boy was the SHIT!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post
    Yeah, Edynol, close enough but it was Shark Boy.
    Shark Boy? I remember this guy wearing a turtle costume and a mask, like some drunken Ninja Turtle reject. But I guess it could've been Shark Boy, I don't remember. I only saw him once when I happened to flip to TNA during a commercial, then after like a minute I flipped back to the commercials. lol.

Thread Information