Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 43

Thread: WWE Copies an Idea From TNA: Bischoff's response!

  1. #1
    Banned y2jman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    tennesse
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,358

    Question wwe having a man narrative video packages on raw copied from tna

    WWE having a man narrating video packages on Raw was, in fact, copied from TNA Wrestling. According to F4WOnline.com, a WWE employee showed Vince McMahon a tape of Impact Wrestling featuring the concept and the company chief reportedly said, "WWE could do it better."
    Eric Bischoff, who produces Impact Wrestling, acknowledged the production rip-off last week on Twitter by posting the following fan message: "Saw #WWE using your backstage camera angles along with the voiceover in the opening video. #EricWins."

  2. #2
    Baseball is Life. Ice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The City.
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,394

    Default Re: wwe having a man narrative video packages on raw copied from tna

    Vince is openly trolling them. Not copying them.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

  3. #3
    I AM THE TABLE!!! Djm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    192.168.1.100
    Posts
    13,185

    Default Re: wwe having a man narrative video packages on raw copied from tna

    A male voice announcer narrating over video packages isn't a new concept.

    Both of them are acting like the immature man-children that they are.

    Furthermore, TNA's old PPV voice announcer Barry Scott is unbeatable. Fuck Vince if he thinks he can do better than him.
    Just wait and see how it plays out, guys.

  4. #4
    RIP Test 1975-2009 JoMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    PGH
    Posts
    1,114

    Default Re: wwe having a man narrative video packages on raw copied from tna

    I hate it! Sounds like an intro to some shity soap opera.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.
    Age
    21
    Posts
    6,996

    Default Re: wwe having a man narrative video packages on raw copied from tna

    It is a relatively novel concept in wrestling, though. And I like it, to be honest.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Greywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    23
    Posts
    6,342

    Default Re: wwe having a man narrative video packages on raw copied from tna

    TNA acting like they invented the phrase "previously on ..."

    BELIEVE IN AMBROSE
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

  7. #7
    The Silver-Tongued Devil DC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,430

    Default Re: wwe having a man narrative video packages on raw copied from tna

    Quote Originally Posted by J-Morrison_mark View Post
    I hate it! Sounds like an intro to some shity soap opera.
    ... I'm fairly certain that's what sports-entertainment is.

    It's not horrible, but my first thought was, "Way to make it sound more like a cheesy soap opera." I'll get used to it in time, but for now, just gotta make due. It is nice, though, to carry over plotlines one show to the next that way. And let's be honest, anything TNA can do, WWE can do better. Or make it much, much worse.

    The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

  8. #8
    I wanna be adored F.E.A.R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Belfast
    Age
    22
    Posts
    2,305

    Default Re: wwe having a man narrative video packages on raw copied from tna

    I'm not usually one to criticise right off the bat, but the voice over thing is absolutely awful.
    For each a road
    For everyman a religion
    Find everybody and rule
    Fuck everything and rumble
    Forget everything and remember
    For everything a reason
    Forgive everybody and remember

  9. #9
    PW Poster Since 2003 Lony's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Jericho Land
    Age
    28
    Posts
    19,423

    Default Re: wwe having a man narrative video packages on raw copied from tna

    Meh not the first time the WWE's done this, hell in the last few weeks alone the WWE has been consistently ripping off TNA... the AJ Lee/John Cena storyline has been done in TNA via AJ Styles/Claire Lynch and Brad Maddox is just a carbon copy of Garrett Bischoff and well it isn't recent there's no doubt in my mind that Lay-Cool = The Beautiful People.

    Fact is Vince McMahon isn't the creative genius he claims to be.
    Welcome To The Suicide Squad

    The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

  10. #10
    Erect Member William's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Obamanation
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,455

    Default Re: wwe having a man narrative video packages on raw copied from tna

    Has anything in wrestling ever been totally original?

  11. #11
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ The Hypeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Roanoke, Va
    Age
    23
    Posts
    13,940

    Default Re: wwe having a man narrative video packages on raw copied from tna

    Quote Originally Posted by Lony View Post
    Fact is Vince McMahon isn't the creative genius he claims to be.
    Not that I care about the topic, but has Vince ever actually claimed this? He is a good promoter and a good businessman but I'm not sure if he ever said this or not.

  12. #12
    CeNation Hero Cenamark2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The CeNation
    Posts
    663

    Default Re: wwe having a man narrative video packages on raw copied from tna

    Quote Originally Posted by J-Morrison_mark View Post
    I hate it! Sounds like an intro to some shity soap opera.
    I agree. It just makes it seem too episodic. Just intro the show as usual and have Michael Cole talk about last weeks events.


    Wipe him down with gasoline, till his arms are hard and mean.
    From now on boy this iron boat's your home.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    On Falcone's Pillow
    Posts
    2,166

    Default Re: wwe having a man narrative video packages on raw copied from tna

    I love the fact that Vince is openly having a laugh at Bischoff's expense.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    382

    Default Re: wwe having a man narrative video packages on raw copied from tna

    I think it is awful and it needs to stop as soon as possible.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.
    Age
    21
    Posts
    6,996

    Default Re: wwe having a man narrative video packages on raw copied from tna

    Quote Originally Posted by Cenamark2.0 View Post
    I agree. It just makes it seem too episodic. Just intro the show as usual and have Michael Cole talk about last weeks events.
    He DOES call it the "longest-running weekly EPISODIC television show in history."

  16. #16
    Banned AnnaLove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Age
    26
    Posts
    367

    Default WWE Copies an Idea From TNA: Bischoff's response!

    WWE having a man narrating video packages on RAW was, in fact, copied from TNA Wrestling. According to sources, a WWE employee showed Vince McMahon a tape of iMPACT! Wrestling featuring the concept and the company chief reportedly said something along the lines of, "WWE could do it better."

    Eric Bischoff, who produces iMPACT Wrestling, acknowledged the production rip-off last week on Twitter by posting the following fan message: "Saw #WWE using your backstage camera angles along with the voiceover in the opening video. #EricWins."
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/1...ahons-reaction

    So WWE keeps taking ideas from TNA, stating it can do it better. But just questions from all of this, didn't the WWE have this concept in their video packages??? I fought it was always narrated.

    Eric Bischoff once again gave a little blow to Vince McMahon. I really believe he enjoys this stuff...

  17. #17
    Boogie in your Butt Falcone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Age
    24
    Posts
    14,883

    Default Re: WWE Copies an Idea From TNA: Bischoff's response!

    Yes, because Bischoff...



    ...has never stolen...



    ...An idea...



    ... or gimmick...



    ...from other companies...



    ...in the past.
    Replacing John Cena with Roman Reigns is like replacing Hulk Hogan with Lex Luger.

  18. #18

    Default Re: WWE Copies an Idea From TNA: Bischoff's response!

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    Yes, because Bischoff...



    ...has never stolen...



    ...An idea...



    ... or gimmick...



    ...from other companies...



    ...in the past.
    Your argument is invalid.

    You're claiming Bischoff stole, quote, the nWo via Immortal? The nWo was his creation to begin with. In TNA, he hoped Immortal could elevate new talent and pitch TNA into a ratings war once more with Monday Night Raw. The original nWo certainly helped wCw secure the Ratings Championship for 80+ weeks consecutively. Bischoff is once again copying himself with the Aces & Eights stable.

    In wCw, Bischoff tried to diametrically differentiate the company to that of WWE. WWE contained more cartoonish, comedic gimmicks, names, and stories. wCw utilized superstars' real names with more adult themed story lines and plot arcs.

    And TNA is copying WWE with their own hall of fame? Any wrestling company is entitled a Hall of Fame, especially if their wrestlers are far greater, and some, more legendary. TNA may still be too young to establish a respectable Hall of Fame, but it isn't copyright infringement, and wrestlers like Sting, who will never be a part of WWE, and therefore never its Hall of Fame, still deserve immortality in their respective company. Sting was inducted not only for his TNA run, but also for NWA and wCw.
    You can say that you specialize but Eris will optimize.

  19. #19
    Boogie in your Butt Falcone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Age
    24
    Posts
    14,883

    Default Re: WWE Copies an Idea From TNA: Bischoff's response!

    Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Your argument is invalid.

    You're claiming Bischoff stole, quote, the nWo via Immortal? The nWo was his creation to begin with. In TNA, he hoped Immortal could elevate new talent and pitch TNA into a ratings war once more with Monday Night Raw. The original nWo certainly helped wCw secure the Ratings Championship for 80+ weeks consecutively. Bischoff is once again copying himself with the Aces & Eights stable.

    In wCw, Bischoff tried to diametrically differentiate the company to that of WWE. WWE contained more cartoonish, comedic gimmicks, names, and stories. wCw utilized superstars' real names with more adult themed story lines and plot arcs.

    And TNA is copying WWE with their own hall of fame? Any wrestling company is entitled a Hall of Fame, especially if their wrestlers are far greater, and some, more legendary. TNA may still be too young to establish a respectable Hall of Fame, but it isn't copyright infringement, and wrestlers like Sting, who will never be a part of WWE, and therefore never its Hall of Fame, still deserve immortality in their respective company. Sting was inducted not only for his TNA run, but also for NWA and wCw.
    nWo was never Bischoff's idea. He saw the idea done in Japan with Chris Jericho, Jado, Gedo and some other guy and literally copied the formula right down to playing guitar with the titles and spray painting people. Immortal, right down to how it debuted, was just another attempt at the nWo, only this time he decided to throw in his 4 Horsemen rip off, Fortune, into the mix as well.

    And TNA's Hall of Fame is created to put in people that WWE hasn't so they can act 'cool'. I bet if Macho Man doesn't go in to the WWE hall of fame next year, he'll be put in the TNA Hall of Fame. "LOOK! WE HAVE STING AND MACHO MAN IN OUR HALL OF FAME! AREN'T WE COOL?!"
    Replacing John Cena with Roman Reigns is like replacing Hulk Hogan with Lex Luger.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Kane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    England
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,155

    Default Re: WWE Copies an Idea From TNA: Bischoff's response!

    I hate the voice over during the beginning of RAW, sounds so tacky

    Thanks To Hayze

  21. #21
    Super Moderator MachoWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Coventry, RI
    Age
    45
    Posts
    8,229

    Default Re: wwe having a man narrative video packages on raw copied from tna

    #EricWins
    Yeah, okay, Charlie Sheen.

  22. #22
    PW's Voice of Reason Edynol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    441

    Default Re: WWE Copies an Idea From TNA: Bischoff's response!

    What about TNA ripping off Stone Cold with the dumb Turtle guy? "Give me a big shell yeah!" I mean, really? Really? Really....That was the most pathetic thing I had ever seen in wrestling. lol. Even their top star, Sting, became a rip off of the Crow movies. And before that, when he first started out after separating from the Warrior, who was the Dingo Warrior back then, he was brought in as their version of the Ultimate Warrior, albeit one of the few things WCW actually did better than WWF because they got the better of the two. lol.

    Anyways, my point is that both companies(I consider TNA a WCW spin-off) have ripped off each other, but as goes to show, WWE definitely does it better.

  23. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    On Falcone's Pillow
    Posts
    2,166

    Default Re: WWE Copies an Idea From TNA: Bischoff's response!

    Yeah, Edynol, close enough but it was Shark Boy.

  24. #24
    Boogie in your Butt Falcone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Age
    24
    Posts
    14,883

    Default Re: WWE Copies an Idea From TNA: Bischoff's response!

    Hey now, Shark Boy was the SHIT!
    Replacing John Cena with Roman Reigns is like replacing Hulk Hogan with Lex Luger.

  25. #25
    PW's Voice of Reason Edynol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    441

    Default Re: WWE Copies an Idea From TNA: Bischoff's response!

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post
    Yeah, Edynol, close enough but it was Shark Boy.
    Shark Boy? I remember this guy wearing a turtle costume and a mask, like some drunken Ninja Turtle reject. But I guess it could've been Shark Boy, I don't remember. I only saw him once when I happened to flip to TNA during a commercial, then after like a minute I flipped back to the commercials. lol.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •