• Undertaker

1 6.25%
  • Triple H

0 0%
  • The Rock

0 0%
  • Other(who?)

2 12.50%

Thread: If Austin were to return for one more match, who would YOU choose to face him?

Default If Austin were to return for one more match, who would YOU choose to face him?

I've been thinking about this for awhile now and lets say that Steve Austin is returning for one final match at Wrestlemania 29 and you have complete power in booking who he faces, which wrester would get that honor?

Top candidates:

CM Punk - Obviously he is on the top of the list of many as Austins dream opponent. They've teased us already with this and Austin has said that Punk is on top of his list of guys he'd return for. Add in their similar attitudes and contrast of lifestyles, this would be an absolute treat to watch. Punk heeling it up, talking about respect and throwing some of his straight edge barbs against Austin's beer drinking, ass whooping "fuck you" attitude.

John Cena - The battle of two eras top stars here as Austin has the top guy during the attitude era and Cena is this eras top guy. Would be on the level or even surpass Cena/Rock

Brock Lesnar - The match that caused Austin to walk out in 2002 and a feud that we came close to getting(2004) but never got. Lesnar has stated that he wants a match with Austin. Do you?

Undertaker - This would be Austins chance at ending this sport's most iconic streak. He never had the opportunity in his career but could comeback for one more shot to end his former rival's biggest achievement.

Triple H - One more match with the King of Kings perhaps?

The Rock - Finally, I had to include the Great One here. Rock and Austin have headlined THREE Wrestlemanias. Make it four?

Other - I'll include an other option here. Simply state who you would pick and why if it's Ryback, Orton, Sheamus, or Miz. Let your voice be heard.

Which wrestler gets the honor of facing Austin at Wrestlemania 29?
    Credit: Bender

Best In The World BaraaKhalaf92's Avatar

Default Re: If Austin were to return for one more match, who would YOU choose to face him?

CM Punk
    Fave 6:

1 & 2- CM Punk & Dean Ambrose (Don't Know who I like more LOL)

3- The Miz
    4- Damien Sandow
    5- Daniel Bryan
    6- Antonio Cesaro

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

Default Re: If Austin were to return for one more match, who would YOU choose to face him?

Imma go with the outside pick and say Damien Sandow. Just for the entertainment value of the promos alone.

Best In The World BaraaKhalaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crippler View Post
    Imma go with the outside pick and say Damien Sandow. Just for the entertainment value of the promos alone.
    I'm rolling on the floor laughing just thinking about how their promos would be....

It will be really funny , but still CM Punk is the best choice imo...
    Fave 6:

1 & 2- CM Punk & Dean Ambrose (Don't Know who I like more LOL)

3- The Miz
    4- Damien Sandow
    5- Daniel Bryan
    6- Antonio Cesaro

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

I just want to see Damien lose his shit on Austin for creating the WHAT chant.

CM Punk
    John Cena
    Brock Lesnar
    Undertaker
    Triple H
    The Rock

hmmmm thing is the punk match makes the most sense with the whole lifestyles clashing thing. and the fact austin likes the guy doesnt hurt his chances if austin did come back for a one off.

thing is the other options i feel would be bigger "money" matches. minus maybe HHH.
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

For the overall package: Promos, build and the match, CM Punk gets the nod. I think Punk and Austin can deliver more greatness on all three counts than Austin can with any other WWE superstar. Of course, matches such as Austin/Cena or Austin/Sheamus would be great too.

Thread Information