Thread: The Miz versus Cena: WrestleMania 27. What could've made it a better match?

Question The Miz versus Cena: WrestleMania 27. What could've made it a better match?

I honestly believe that the WWE could've done a better work in making that match valuable to the fans.

1. The fact The Rock was host of WM27 made everyone realize that at the main event there will surely be a interference by The Rock. The Rock in general ruined WrestleMania for me. He didn't really do anything that I can remember from WrestleMania that was valuable to me. The only thing he did that I remember is giving a Rock Bottom to John Cena.

2. The match could've been a better match, if they didn't treat The Miz like a flop. He won all his matches, apart from those with Jerry Lawler, in a fluke win. Coming to WrestleMania after only winning cleanly against Jerry Lawler ruined everything for me, and I already felt that John Cena might win the title.

How could they make it better?

1. They shouldn't have promoted The Rock for WrestleMania. He could've appeared suddenly, and just give the Rock Bottom to Cena. Since he appeared on the whole show, we all knew that he will get involved in the main event. My original thought was he is going to Rock Bottom The Miz, but I wasn't really surprise he did it to John Cena. Nonetheless, the promotion The Rock got ruined the whole WrestleMania experience.

2. If they really wanted to make me believe that The Miz stood a chance against John Cena, they should've let Randy Orton lose cleanly, and not by some bullshit interference from Alex Riley.

3. He fought Jerry Lawler, which really was a step back for The Miz, than anything. He went to WrestleMania after beating up a 60+ year old man, to face a 30+ year old John Cena. How is it possible for me to take The Miz personally, when all he had is a win against Jerry Lawler?

What do you think the WWE should've done to make that main event better?

Default Re: The Miz versus Cena: WrestleMania 27. What could've made it a better match?

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaLove View Post
    1. They shouldn't have promoted The Rock for WrestleMania.
    There is no way this was going to happen because they wanted people to know The Rock would be there beforehand so that they would buy the PPV.

surrender

Default Re: The Miz versus Cena: WrestleMania 27. What could've made it a better match?

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    There is no way this was going to happen because they wanted people to know The Rock would be there beforehand so that they would buy the PPV.
    Just because it generated few more sales...

BATISTA_CenA I was!

I actually liked the match & was happy for a Miz win....What I didn't like is how the Miz fell down the card soon after this!

You thought Rock would Rock Bottom Miz instead of Cena, despite Cena giving an AA to Rock 6 days before Mania?

Also, didn't Rock do the Rock Bottom to Miz after the "rematch" ended?
    - Credit: Bender -

PWMania - He Returns

Just because it generated few more sales...
    Generating "a few" more sales (in reality, thousands more than the previous year) means they made more money. Making money is the idea when you're running a business.

It's amazing how some people don't understand this.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Generating "a few" more sales (in reality, thousands more than the previous year) means they made more money. Making money is the idea when you're running a business.

I get it, it's good for business.

But did you really were that interested in the main event, knowing that The Rock will interfere?

Best In The World BaraaKhalaf92's Avatar

At the Elimination Chamber PPV, it was a ladder match and Cole interfered and cost Jerry the match by grabing his legs while he was climbing the ladder.

So Miz didn't win cleanly against Jerry either...
    Fave 6:

1 & 2- CM Punk & Dean Ambrose (Don't Know who I like more LOL)

3- The Miz
    4- Damien Sandow
    5- Daniel Bryan
    6- Antonio Cesaro

I get it, it's good for business.

But did you really were that interested in the main event, knowing that The Rock will interfere?
    That problem could have been fixed pretty easily by making Rock the guest ref instead of the shitty overbooking they did instead.

Quote Originally Posted by BaraaKhalaf92 View Post
    At the Elimination Chamber PPV, it was a ladder match and Cole interfered and cost Jerry the match by grabing his legs while he was climbing the ladder.

So Miz didn't win cleanly against Jerry either...
    That was on Raw in late 2010. He beat King clean at the Chamber.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

The main reason the matched sucked was because either John Cena, The Miz, or both, were having a bad day and produced a really bad match. They could have done a lot better, Cena especially as he almost always delivers in big matches. Honestly, The Rock's interference was the only interesting part of the match.

It's fine to not like the build being more Rock vs Cena than Cena vs Miz, but that didn't cause the match to be so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    The main reason the matched sucked was because either John Cena, The Miz, or both, were having a bad day and produced a really bad match. They could have done a lot better, Cena especially as he almost always delivers in bit matches. Honestly, The Rock's interference was the only interesting part of the match.

It's fine to not like the build being more Rock vs Cena than Cena vs Miz, but that didn't cause the match to be so bad.
    I agree with you Emperor, something about Cena just seemed off that night. At the beginning of the match especially he looked like partly angry, partly pissed off, and partly tired. To me, it appeared his mind was elsewhere. There were rumblings on the the dirt sheets afterwards that he was angry about the way the match was booked however who knows what is true. I don't really blame the Miz as I am guessing with Cena and the Rock there, Miz probably didn't have much say in the match??

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Why are we talking about a match from 2 years ago

Cena winning the title THEN getting beat up by The Rock.

Cena and Miz aren't really guys that can carry other people to great matches. They've both had their share of very good matches, but in those cases they were in the ring with someone who could bring the best out of them. I really didn't expect those two to work a five star match with each other. The match was fine for what it was.
    Banner Credit: Stefan_MK1

Miz vs. John Cena basically turned into Miz vs. Rock vs. Cena and Rock forgot to gear up that night.

Honestly, if it were just Miz and Cena feuding without The Rock involving in it, it should have been the heel underdog. Cena asking Miz "who has he beat" to make his title worth talking about. Cena showing off his strength in matches and taking out Alex Riley a week or two before Wrestlemania. Having Miz constantly talk big but running away scared. Miz even questioning himself as a champion, fearing that Mania will be the end of his dream as a fan.

BELIEVE IN AMBROSE
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

banner by, Dj LatinoHeat

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    The main reason the matched sucked was because either John Cena, The Miz, or both, were having a bad day and produced a really bad match. They could have done a lot better, Cena especially as he almost always delivers in big matches. Honestly, The Rock's interference was the only interesting part of the match.

Cena was going through the motions for sure. Unless he was sick or something and we never got wind of it.

Credit to BezerroBizarro from DeviantArt and Lony for Resisizing!
    http://bezerrobizarro.deviantart.com...oshi-163705876
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    0 days since a Cena fight. C'mon guys we need to at least get it up to two.
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shivari View Post
    Cena and Miz aren't really guys that can carry other people to great matches. They've both had their share of very good matches, but in those cases they were in the ring with someone who could bring the best out of them. I really didn't expect those two to work a five star match with each other. The match was fine for what it was.
    Didn't Miz get a concussion early in the match? That can certainly affect a performance in a negative way.

They needed to throw whatever plan they had for the match that night out the window and just go for a balls to the wall brawl. The main problem with the match was that it was attempting to be a technical match and be a Miz-exhibition and that was certainly not the place at Mania.

If it was up to me, I'd book it similarly to Wrestlemania 12. Cena is the favourite and generally shows why at certain points but he underestimates The Miz and to his credit The Miz makes him pay with some smart reversals, risky spots and some clever thinking. Miz would ultimately win in a similar fashion as he did and I'd have Cena spend time away from the main event scene and place him in the tag division to give fans a break from him before bringing him back to the top just in time to face his destiny at Mania 28.
    Voodoo Ain't Easy

Quote Originally Posted by bischoffs brain View Post
    Didn't Miz get a concussion early in the match? That can certainly affect a performance in a negative way.
    No, I think the concussion came from the clothesline over the barricade to the concrete, which is where the match ended on the count-out. Miz wanged his head pretty hard there.

Didn't we all assume that Cena was pissed about how the match was supposed to go down (especially the Rock ending)? Although for all we know, it had something to do with his personal life or something other backstage drama. I mean, Cena's had a lot going on in his life the last couple years. All I know is, of all the nights for Cena to be "off his game," that was a bad one. If he'd been on top of his game, maybe it would have compensated for that head-bangingly bad booking a little.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

The problem was Cena/Miz wasn't a Mania worthy main event in the first place.

Neither man is a very skilled wrestler even if they're good and great workers.

Neither man was popular enough to have full support of the fans...Cena had his usual split fan reaction and Miz was just a heel at the time.

The WWE knew this and that's why they had to add Rock into the mix...without him that show would have bombed.

WWE should have booked Cena/Orton or Cena/Taker for that show instead because nothing could have saved Cena/Miz IMO.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post

To be fair to Anna, Champ, I believe during a Rock/Cena II discussion I mentioned Rock/Cena II was good for business and you pretty much said basically the same thing Anna said. If I'm wrong, my apologies, but I strongly recall that you said something very similar to what she said.

Quote Originally Posted by BadNewsFan View Post
    The problem was Cena/Miz wasn't a Mania worthy main event in the first place.

Neither man is a very skilled wrestler even if they're good and great workers.

Neither man was popular enough to have full support of the fans...Cena had his usual split fan reaction and Miz was just a heel at the time.

The WWE knew this and that's why they had to add Rock into the mix...without him that show would have bombed.

WWE should have booked Cena/Orton or Cena/Taker for that show instead because nothing could have saved Cena/Miz IMO.
    Pretty much!
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Thread Information