I honestly believe that the WWE could've done a better work in making that match valuable to the fans.
1. The fact The Rock was host of WM27 made everyone realize that at the main event there will surely be a interference by The Rock. The Rock in general ruined WrestleMania for me. He didn't really do anything that I can remember from WrestleMania that was valuable to me. The only thing he did that I remember is giving a Rock Bottom to John Cena.
2. The match could've been a better match, if they didn't treat The Miz like a flop. He won all his matches, apart from those with Jerry Lawler, in a fluke win. Coming to WrestleMania after only winning cleanly against Jerry Lawler ruined everything for me, and I already felt that John Cena might win the title.
How could they make it better?
1. They shouldn't have promoted The Rock for WrestleMania. He could've appeared suddenly, and just give the Rock Bottom to Cena. Since he appeared on the whole show, we all knew that he will get involved in the main event. My original thought was he is going to Rock Bottom The Miz, but I wasn't really surprise he did it to John Cena. Nonetheless, the promotion The Rock got ruined the whole WrestleMania experience.
2. If they really wanted to make me believe that The Miz stood a chance against John Cena, they should've let Randy Orton lose cleanly, and not by some bullshit interference from Alex Riley.
3. He fought Jerry Lawler, which really was a step back for The Miz, than anything. He went to WrestleMania after beating up a 60+ year old man, to face a 30+ year old John Cena. How is it possible for me to take The Miz personally, when all he had is a win against Jerry Lawler?
What do you think the WWE should've done to make that main event better?
I actually liked the match & was happy for a Miz win....What I didn't like is how the Miz fell down the card soon after this!
You thought Rock would Rock Bottom Miz instead of Cena, despite Cena giving an AA to Rock 6 days before Mania?
Also, didn't Rock do the Rock Bottom to Miz after the "rematch" ended?
At the Elimination Chamber PPV, it was a ladder match and Cole interfered and cost Jerry the match by grabing his legs while he was climbing the ladder.
So Miz didn't win cleanly against Jerry either...
1 & 2- CM Punk & Dean Ambrose (Don't Know who I like more LOL)
3- The Miz
4- Damien Sandow
5- Daniel Bryan
6- Antonio Cesaro
The main reason the matched sucked was because either John Cena, The Miz, or both, were having a bad day and produced a really bad match. They could have done a lot better, Cena especially as he almost always delivers in big matches. Honestly, The Rock's interference was the only interesting part of the match.
It's fine to not like the build being more Rock vs Cena than Cena vs Miz, but that didn't cause the match to be so bad.
Congratulations to CIG for winning the 2015 PW Video Game Draft!
Winner of the 2014 PW Video Game Draft and two-time winner of the PW Poster Draft.
Thanks JV for the artwork!!
Why are we talking about a match from 2 years ago
Cena winning the title THEN getting beat up by The Rock.
Cena and Miz aren't really guys that can carry other people to great matches. They've both had their share of very good matches, but in those cases they were in the ring with someone who could bring the best out of them. I really didn't expect those two to work a five star match with each other. The match was fine for what it was.
Banner Credit: Stefan_MK1
Miz vs. John Cena basically turned into Miz vs. Rock vs. Cena and Rock forgot to gear up that night.
Honestly, if it were just Miz and Cena feuding without The Rock involving in it, it should have been the heel underdog. Cena asking Miz "who has he beat" to make his title worth talking about. Cena showing off his strength in matches and taking out Alex Riley a week or two before Wrestlemania. Having Miz constantly talk big but running away scared. Miz even questioning himself as a champion, fearing that Mania will be the end of his dream as a fan.
Credit to BezerroBizarro from DeviantArt and Lony for Resisizing!
http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!
They needed to throw whatever plan they had for the match that night out the window and just go for a balls to the wall brawl. The main problem with the match was that it was attempting to be a technical match and be a Miz-exhibition and that was certainly not the place at Mania.
If it was up to me, I'd book it similarly to Wrestlemania 12. Cena is the favourite and generally shows why at certain points but he underestimates The Miz and to his credit The Miz makes him pay with some smart reversals, risky spots and some clever thinking. Miz would ultimately win in a similar fashion as he did and I'd have Cena spend time away from the main event scene and place him in the tag division to give fans a break from him before bringing him back to the top just in time to face his destiny at Mania 28.
Voodoo Ain't Easy
Didn't we all assume that Cena was pissed about how the match was supposed to go down (especially the Rock ending)? Although for all we know, it had something to do with his personal life or something other backstage drama. I mean, Cena's had a lot going on in his life the last couple years. All I know is, of all the nights for Cena to be "off his game," that was a bad one. If he'd been on top of his game, maybe it would have compensated for that head-bangingly bad booking a little.
The problem was Cena/Miz wasn't a Mania worthy main event in the first place.
Neither man is a very skilled wrestler even if they're good and great workers.
Neither man was popular enough to have full support of the fans...Cena had his usual split fan reaction and Miz was just a heel at the time.
The WWE knew this and that's why they had to add Rock into the mix...without him that show would have bombed.
WWE should have booked Cena/Orton or Cena/Taker for that show instead because nothing could have saved Cena/Miz IMO.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)