Thread: Ryback not winning at HIAC: A mistake or a right decision?

Default Ryback not winning at HIAC: A mistake or a right decision?

Do you think that WWE missed a great opportunity of making Ryback more credible by making booking him as the loser of that match?

And how much did that loss effect his momentum?

I don't really see why they didn't give him a run for at least until the TLC PPV. I think it would've shown that Ryback is a true monster. He should've won (and not have Brad Maddox introduced during that match) so that the fans can be happy, and let CM Punk retain the title at TLC.

Default Re: Ryback not winning at HIAC: A mistake or a right decision?

The way HITC ended was perfect, Punk retained and Ryback still looked like a monster, Ryback has only been on the scence since what June? Way to early for his title run. I reakon he will win the Rumble & take the world title off Show at WM.

Thanks To Hayze

Best In The World BaraaKhalaf92's Avatar

It was definitely the right decision....

It's too early for him to win the title, I think he must win the RR though and go on to win the WH title at WM29.
    Fave 6:

1 & 2- CM Punk & Dean Ambrose (Don't Know who I like more LOL)

3- The Miz
    4- Damien Sandow
    5- Daniel Bryan
    6- Antonio Cesaro

it was a good decsion why? another superstar brad maddox or maybe not since he lost but tna also did the same thing with A dubble just cause of the crowd push he had but then he lost to jeff at bfg so ryback not winning gift and curse what kind of story line can you give a guy like him as champion wait iknow the same one the red head has seek and destory or feed me more but we see how far it got the cletic warrior his matches great but the stories not so much with all being lookd at we now have a story for wwe14 we just havent seen the rest play out. far as real life goes ryback rain will be that much sweeter if he dont pick up the belt and drop it so fast like the guy in a alternate universe

Quote Originally Posted by bestintheworld View Post
    it was a good decsion why? another superstar brad maddox or maybe not since he lost but tna also did the same thing with A dubble just cause of the crowd push he had but then he lost to jeff at bfg so ryback not winning gift and curse what kind of story line can you give a guy like him as champion wait iknow the same one the red head has seek and destory or feed me more but we see how far it got the cletic warrior his matches great but the stories not so much with all being lookd at we now have a story for wwe14 we just havent seen the rest play out. far as real life goes ryback rain will be that much sweeter if he dont pick up the belt and drop it so fast like the guy in a alternate universe
    No offense, but I seriously had some hard time understand what you just wrote...

lol sorry pal read it again in a nut shell austin aries pick the belt up do to his crowd reaction and dropd it fast,ryback and sheamus would have the same type story lines if he had won the title so soon,gift and curse new wrestler brad maddox and the angle they went will more than likley be used in the wwe14 video game nxt year. sooooo as far as skip not winning it was a good choice because his rain as champion will be better off unlike the guy 'austin aries' in the alternate universe 'tna'.......hope this cleard it up for you -K

Ryback's momentum was overrated in the first place. Del Rio had more momentum for the quickly put together fatal fourway TLC match in 2010 than Ryback, simply for being in two worth watching feuds and "injuring" Mysterio when he debuted.
    WWE: IT'S NOT A FANDOM, IT'S A FAMILY
    Sons of Anarchy final season predictions
    BELIEVE IN AMBROSE
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

I don't think his momentum is overrated, if the crowd pops big for him then how can it be overrated?

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

It was absolutely the right decision. And expertly done.

Ryback lost, yeah. But in hugely controversial fashion, and he looked strong by getting the best of Punk in the end. He's lost no momentum from this, and actually, I think his crowd reaction has actually GROWN since HIAC.

Quote Originally Posted by bestintheworld View Post
    lol sorry pal read it again in a nut shell austin aries pick the belt up do to his crowd reaction and dropd it fast,ryback and sheamus would have the same type story lines if he had won the title so soon,gift and curse new wrestler brad maddox and the angle they went will more than likley be used in the wwe14 video game nxt year. sooooo as far as skip not winning it was a good choice because his rain as champion will be better off unlike the guy 'austin aries' in the alternate universe 'tna'.......hope this cleard it up for you -K

Now I'm confused

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    Ryback's momentum was overrated in the first place. Del Rio had more momentum for the quickly put together fatal fourway TLC match in 2010 than Ryback, simply for being in two worth watching feuds and "injuring" Mysterio when he debuted.
    Translation: Greywolf: I have no valid argument against Ryback's rise.

Unlike Del Rio, Ryback moves the crowd, invokes chants, reactions, and awe.

Del Rio relies on 1980 heel tactics to generate a candle of heat - calling rivals 'peasant,' flanking enemies, oh, and ripping up signs. Del Rio needs an entirely new direction, preferably scoping great heels like Flair, HHH, even Edge.

And even pretending your statement was valid and true, what matters is now - Ryback draws more than Rio. Although he's far from cementing a legendary main event status, Ryback is a commodity.

On subject - was Ryback's controversial loss a mistake? The only mistake, truly, is Cena's injury. WWE luckily had Ryback as a potential backdrop, and thus made it work. Ending Punk's reign would have proved more detrimental than Ryback losing his Streak. WWE handled the PPV, match, and end in good light.

On a side note - I'd like an ambulance to appear every Ryback match as his opponent walks down the ring. This addition could add flavor to Ryback's gimmick. I found it both comical and interesting to view the ambulance, and Maddox's reaction, during his silent entrance, and the dread it inspired.
    You can say that you specialize but Eris will optimize.

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

No...it would have been a colossal mistake to end Punk's great title reign for an unproven Ryback to have a shotgun title run.

Like others have said, let's see if Ryback can remain hot with the fans through the Mania season before giving him the nod.

Does anyone else see CM Punk winning at SS and debuting a new WWE championship title to celebrate his one year reign on the following nights Raw?

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J-Morrison_mark View Post
    Does anyone else see CM Punk winning at SS and debuting a new WWE championship title to celebrate his one year reign on the following nights Raw?
    Now that you mention it, I hope all of that does happen...that would be great.

No I don't.

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

If Punk wins at Survivor Series, he won't have been champ for a year until the day after Raw. He'd have to debut a new belt at Main Event.

Credit to Cabanarama for the thing

Love the smell of napalm Slushy's Avatar

Ryback not winning at HIAC: A mistake or a right decision?
    Seriously?
    It's showtime, folks!

I thought the booking of it was fine originally. Now with the news of The Rock doing a thousand movies during WrestleMania season, I kind of wish they had put it on Ryback.

As for changing the belt goes, your best hope now is when Rocky wins it. Punk is not going to change it now after having held the spinner for a year. If Rock doesn't change it either, it's about time to give up and just accept the (non-spinning) spinner.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

It's circumstancial really. If Ryback was ready, reliable and good, then yes, he should've taken the title. You should never prolong a title run as an angle itself. However he isn't ready, probably never will be, is extremely injury prone, and he's crap. That's a hell of a risk to take on a guy, especially to throw away a match that has been planned several months in advance.

is a Walking Pay-Per-View A-C-P's Avatar

Right decision in my mind. Although I never would've had Ryack in the match to begin with to be honest. It was a lose/lose scenerio for the WWE imo. although the way it went down was about the best possible way for it to have gone down it still made Punk look really weak IMO.

The only other thing I may have suggested they do, would;ve been to have Lesnar cost Ryback the title and use LEsnar to put over Ryback eventually.

I AM THE TAGE TEAM CHAMPIONS!

Credit to Saffron Warrior for the Banner

A mistake as I don't see anytime him winning it other than that So putting him in matches he isnt going to win weakens him

Even if he didn't win he shouldn't have been beaten some other finish would have been better

But I don't know if he's ready and they have to be careful not to rush him I wouldn't have had him in the match
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKzmSQ49oWk
    The Master Builder - Jakob22, Presents - My Sins -

Thread Information