Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Dear CM Punk Marks

  1. #1
    Banned AnnaLove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Age
    26
    Posts
    367

    Angry Dear CM Punk Marks

    It's become very known to me, that you guys love Punk so much, that doesn't matter what he does wrong, you'll always bring up more and more excuses to why he is right in doing so and so. I can be hundred percent positive that if John Cena would've told The Rock to go kill himself, there would be an uproar in here like never before. Hell, even if Cena beats The Rock there would be an uproar. But if CM Punk would've said something like that to The Rock, no one of you would say anything. If CM Punk beats The Rock, you wouldn't do a damn thing to show your protest. I start to realize that you guys give to much free pass to whatever Punk is doing. He can be talking about Cena's ex-wife, you'd have no problem with it. He can take a dump on the WWE title, you wouldn't say a damn thing about it.

    You make it easy to hate Punk. You are the reason that hatred against Punk keeps growing, because no matter how much we prove you he was wrong, you would act like undeserved douchebags to everyone who has anything to say. CM Punk was always a guy who had a lot to say, but he crossed a certain line here (which he NEVER did before), but all you do is defend his actions, no matter how retarded this defense really is.

    Again, if Cena would've done the same thing (even as a Heel), you would eat him alive and make sure he won't step foot in any arena ever again. But, since it's your so loved CM Punk, you always come up with excuses. You guys are hypocrites.

    Best regards,
    Anna.

  2. #2
    Moderator HR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Age
    24
    Posts
    12,585

    Default Re: Dear CM Punk Marks

    You're getting worked Anna.

    It's ok, it's a good thing!

  3. #3
    #Heel Zeki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    21
    Posts
    3,203

    Default Re: Dear CM Punk Marks

    I read the title of this and began fearing the worse. For some reason C.M Punk is a god when it comes to the IWC. Personally I think he's very good, but not the all out best that people say. I do see things that people say when Punk does something which I think wouldn't be said if someone like John Cena had done the same thing

  4. #4
    Senior Member Spawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    272

    Default Re: Dear CM Punk Marks

    Well no, if John Cena was a heel everyone would be going on about how awesome it was to get change, and how it made for interesting Television (and it would).

    CM Punk's a heel, wrestling's fake, back in the attitude era the heels hung people from cages, burnt people alive, and joked about unprotected sex with interns, and everyone craves for that era.

    Was it crass, yeah? Did CM Punk mean a thing he was saying, of course not. Was Jerry Lawler okay with it? Well all reports say yes. Was anyone actually really hurt, like I mean actually scarred from it? No. Was it any worse then some of the jokes on Family Guy, God no.

    I think its a grey area if it was okay or not. Personally I found it so silly and over the top I thought it was a really funny segment. Still of course its weird to mix real life with a storyline, but at the end of the day Lawler was okay with it then I feel comfortable in being okay with it. I do get why people would't be though.

    At the end of the day CM Punk was just doing his job, he was great in the segment (even if you didn't like it, he still played the part well), nobody was harmed, annnnnd it will be forgotten about within a couple of weeks, just like him punching a fan was.

    Now, I know you brought it up in an earlier thread, its nothing like Randy saying Eddie was burning in hell. If Jerry Lawler had died, and his family were dealing with the loss, and Punk said that then I'd agree. But, he survived, he's healthy, and its fake. I can't get to mad over that. And you shouldn't either, its just a silly television show

    EDIT: Oh, and the lets not take it out of context, everyones acting like he did that promo and then walked away free. He got teared to shreds by Mick Foley, and beaten up, and ended Raw crying. He was a dick, and got his comeuppance. Thats wrestling booking 101...
    Last edited by Spawn; 11-13-2012 at 05:41 AM.

  5. #5
    Banned AnnaLove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Age
    26
    Posts
    367

    Default Re: Dear CM Punk Marks

    Quote Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
    Well no, if John Cena was a heel everyone would be going on about how awesome it was to get change, and how it made for interesting Television (and it would).
    Yes, but if it was the happy-go-lucky Cena, people would be pissed beyond belief. I already witnessed the uproar that came out from John Cena talking about The Rock writing his promos on his wrists. Man fans started bashing the hell out of Cena, saying that was a backstabbing move. And they failed to acknowledge that The Rock went and said so much about Cena, from the clothes he was wearing, to his mom... And they ate it up and enjoyed every second of it. But, as soon as Cena said something that owned The Rock, they made an uproar and said that that was BS from Cena to do that and what not...

  6. #6
    Moderator HR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Age
    24
    Posts
    12,585

    Default Re: Dear CM Punk Marks

    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaLove View Post
    Yes, but if it was the happy-go-lucky Cena, people would be pissed beyond belief. I already witnessed the uproar that came out from John Cena talking about The Rock writing his promos on his wrists. Man fans started bashing the hell out of Cena, saying that was a backstabbing move. And they failed to acknowledge that The Rock went and said so much about Cena, from the clothes he was wearing, to his mom... And they ate it up and enjoyed every second of it. But, as soon as Cena said something that owned The Rock, they made an uproar and said that that was BS from Cena to do that and what not...
    I don't see the connection? You said yourself that people didn't like that Cena perhaps said something that wasn't planned ahead of time (I'm not sure whether it was or not) but Punk's comments about Lawler were obviously part of the script.

    Not to mention that a "happy go lucky" character is obviously not going to say something as deliberately controversial and as heat seeking as this, so I'm not really sure what your point is.

    People are obviously going to defend their favourites, whether that's Punk, Cena or Rock - that's kinda what being a fan is.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Spawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    272

    Default Re: Dear CM Punk Marks

    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaLove View Post
    Yes, but if it was the happy-go-lucky Cena, people would be pissed beyond belief. I already witnessed the uproar that came out from John Cena talking about The Rock writing his promos on his wrists. Man fans started bashing the hell out of Cena, saying that was a backstabbing move. And they failed to acknowledge that The Rock went and said so much about Cena, from the clothes he was wearing, to his mom... And they ate it up and enjoyed every second of it. But, as soon as Cena said something that owned The Rock, they made an uproar and said that that was BS from Cena to do that and what not...
    You said if Cena was a heel. Of course there'd be uproar if he said something like that if he was a face (which happy go lucky Cena is) because faces aren't meant to be dicks, thats a bad example. Heels are. There being uproar if Cena said something like that isn't because people hate him, its because the face of your company teasing a commentator for dying when in happy go lucky mode would be beyond stupid. As a heel he could get away with it because he would be being portrayed as a bad guy...

    EDIT: Annnnnd, a lot of people had a problem with that whole angle. One of the many problems with it was both superstars just came across as whiny immature. There was uproar because Cena was acting like a heel when he was meant to be a face, but that angle turned a lot of people against The Rock. Notice the lack of excitement surrounding him since it took place. But yes, there was uproar cause Cena across as petty and childish, which faces aren't meant to. When CM Punk, as a face was whining about being held down all the time a lot of people complained about that, because faces are meant to be likable and that wasn't.

  8. #8
    Banned AnnaLove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Age
    26
    Posts
    367

    Default Re: Dear CM Punk Marks

    Quote Originally Posted by hr View Post
    I don't see the connection? You said yourself that people didn't like that Cena perhaps said something that wasn't planned ahead of time (I'm not sure whether it was or not) but Punk's comments about Lawler were obviously part of the script.

    Not to mention that a "happy go lucky" character is obviously not going to say something as deliberately controversial and as heat seeking as this, so I'm not really sure what your point is.
    My point is that there are wrestling like Cena, that everytime they get on the mic, no matter what they say, they get booed out of the building. The Rock could say anything he wanted (and I can be positive not everything he was saying was scripted), and the fans would love it. Same treatment is fro CM Punk. He can go and say whatever he feels like, just like his shoot promo, and he will be loved for it. He can make fun of Triple H's sexual relationship, he can make fun of his personal life, he can go mock Jerry Lawler's heart attack, the fans will love it. I can be sure that if Cena said something as controversial as CM Punk, the response he'll get is: "Oh, so now he tries to be a CM Punk wannabe.."

  9. #9
    Senior Member Spawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    272

    Default Re: Dear CM Punk Marks

    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaLove View Post
    My point is that there are wrestling like Cena, that everytime they get on the mic, no matter what they say, they get booed out of the building. The Rock could say anything he wanted (and I can be positive not everything he was saying was scripted), and the fans would love it. Same treatment is fro CM Punk. He can go and say whatever he feels like, just like his shoot promo, and he will be loved for it. He can make fun of Triple H's sexual relationship, he can make fun of his personal life, he can go mock Jerry Lawler's heart attack, the fans will love it. I can be sure that if Cena said something as controversial as CM Punk, the response he'll get is: "Oh, so now he tries to be a CM Punk wannabe.."
    Casual fans loved The Rock, everyone a lot of people on here hated him. A good percentage of casual fans hate CM Punk, while a lot of people on here love him. Both were doing their job and working the majority of the audience. The internet wrestling community is only a small part of the actual fan base so the comparison isn't apt. You'd have to compare the reaction on here to The Rock, to the reaction on here about CM Punk, and most people don't like The Rock on here (or a lot).

    Casual fans like him though, and a lot of time Punk does get booed out the building. I dont see your point.

  10. #10
    Banned AnnaLove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Age
    26
    Posts
    367

    Default Re: Dear CM Punk Marks

    Quote Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
    Casual fans loved The Rock, everyone a lot of people on here hated him. A good percentage of casual fans hate CM Punk, while a lot of people on here love him. Both were doing their job and working the majority of the audience. The internet wrestling community is only a small part of the actual fan base so the comparison isn't apt. You'd have to compare the reaction on here to The Rock, to the reaction on here about CM Punk, and most people don't like The Rock on here (or a lot).

    Casual fans like him though, and a lot of time Punk does get booed out the building. I dont see your point.
    My point is simple...

    When CM Punk does something which is wrong, his marks appear and starting coming up with thousands of excuses to why he didn't cross the line at that segment. I've already put up that it is a PG rated show, and that the show covers the fight against breast cancer and 'Make a Wish fun', and the anti-bullying campaign, and than they decide to go to the ring and pull off one of the stupidest segments ever. And no mater how wrong CM Punk be, he would be praised by his fans. They won't condemn anything from his actions, because they love him. Which is stupid. And every time you prove that it was done horribly, and Punk could of generated a better heat from other types of segment, the response is: "If Jerry Lawler isn't against it, why should Punk be against it?" My question is: "If the WWE tells you that jumping from a roof top is OK, will that really be OK?" Even if Lawler had no problem with it, CM Punk should've said no. Paul Heyman should've said no. And HIS fans should've showed that it wasn't fair to Jerry Lawler, but instead he gets a free pass to do whatever he wants, just because they love whatever he does.

  11. #11
    Moderator HR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Age
    24
    Posts
    12,585

    Default Re: Dear CM Punk Marks

    The responsibility isn't on Punk's shoulders to decide what is and isn't appropriate. He's trying to get over as a super villainous face, of course he's going to do something like this when it's presented to him. As far as I am aware PG doesn't mean there can't be any edgy material at all. Some people found it offensive and/or unnecessary, others thought it was effective - that's controversy which WWE is always looking for, something to get people talking.

    It seems like your displeasure should be voiced at the WWE for presenting something which you found offensive, it's got nothing to do with Punk really. I like Punk and I think the segment showed that they're absolutely desperate to try anything possible to get him booed (it's still so painfully obvious that it's a square peg in a round hole but that's another argument). At the end of the day heels are supposed to be booed, and "crossing the line" as you put it is often the best way of getting that reaction.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Spawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    272

    Default Re: Dear CM Punk Marks

    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaLove View Post
    My point is simple...

    When CM Punk does something which is wrong, his marks appear and starting coming up with thousands of excuses to why he didn't cross the line at that segment. I've already put up that it is a PG rated show, and that the show covers the fight against breast cancer and 'Make a Wish fun', and the anti-bullying campaign, and than they decide to go to the ring and pull off one of the stupidest segments ever. And no mater how wrong CM Punk be, he would be praised by his fans. They won't condemn anything from his actions, because they love him. Which is stupid. And every time you prove that it was done horribly, and Punk could of generated a better heat from other types of segment, the response is: "If Jerry Lawler isn't against it, why should Punk be against it?" My question is: "If the WWE tells you that jumping from a roof top is OK, will that really be OK?" Even if Lawler had no problem with it, CM Punk should've said no. Paul Heyman should've said no. And HIS fans should've showed that it wasn't fair to Jerry Lawler, but instead he gets a free pass to do whatever he wants, just because they love whatever he does.
    Why should he have said no? Because if offended you? One person. It didn't offend me, it entertained me, so I'm glad it happened. My morals are okay with it. I enjoyed it so in mind he should of said yes. There are other people it offended, and other people also were fine with it. Peoples values are different, and you can't make people happy all the time. But whether or not he was wrong to do it is subjective. Oh also you say you don't like the excuse of people saying Jerry Lawler was okay with it, fine fair enough, but you can't then say it was unfair to him. If he wasn't okay with it and they did it, yeah, thats unfair. Once again, he was okay with it, explain to me how it was unfair to someone who didn't have a problem with it?

    EDIT: And lets not pretend PG stuff can't get a little dark, when I was kid I grew up watching Courage the Cowardly Dog, which was disturbing as hell, and I turned out alright. Kids can handle more then we give them credit for.

  13. #13
    Banned AnnaLove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Age
    26
    Posts
    367

    Default Re: Dear CM Punk Marks

    Quote Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
    Why should he have said no? Because if offended you? One person. It didn't offend me, it entertained me, so I'm glad it happened. My morals are okay with it. I enjoyed it so in mind he should of said yes. There are other people it offended, and other people also were fine with it. Peoples values are different, and you can't make people happy all the time. But whether or not he was wrong to do it is subjective. Oh also you say you don't like the excuse of people saying Jerry Lawler was okay with it, fine fair enough, but you can't then say it was unfair to him. If he wasn't okay with it and they did it, yeah, thats unfair. Once again, he was okay with it, explain to me how it was unfair to someone who didn't have a problem with it?
    Trust me you should've seen Twitter at that point. Many upon many of people hated that segment. I am not the only one vocal about this...

    It's not unfair, it's disrespectful. He just got back after two months in the hospital. He shouldn't be reminded about that incident so early. All they did was spit in his face. CM Punk also was involved in the 'Jim Ross appreciation night', where again disrespect is shown to another long time employee of the WWE.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Spawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    272

    Default Re: Dear CM Punk Marks

    No, but sometimes that means good television. People are mean't to feel something when watching a television program. And oh, oh, a heel got people to dislike him? Thats not dreadful. Look at like this, if you were at a live show are you more likely to boo CM Punk because of this, if yes, then he did his job. Also, Twitter isn't an accumulation of all people watching RAW, also I saw lots of people on twitter who liked it. Just depends what trends your looking on...

    EDIT: As you either put it in later, or I didn't see it, I missed your later point. You are aware wrestlings fake right? Sorry, but he's a heel, he's meant to do things to make you dislike him. Disrespecting JR is a nasty thing to do, its wrestling, the heels do nasty things to make people boo them. He's doing his job. He's getting under your skin, he's doing his job well. Its all fake though, he doesn't actually not respect JR and he doesn't actually enjoy laughing at Kings heart attack, he's playing a role. People on this board like him because he's playing the role to well. I really don't understand your point. People on this board aren't saying they like his persona, they dont look at the persona and say what a stand up guy, just the opposite. Members of this board like CM Punk because of how talented he is in the role he's playing.

    But you just said it was unfair...and is it disrespectful, who are we to judge? I can't blame anyone for being offended by it, but King obviously didn't find it disrespectful, so who why should we? I know I'm going back to the King line, but I really don't get why you'd feel angry about someone being disrespected by the company when the person themselves is fine with it, and doesn't view it as disrespectful.

    Again, I think its a morally grey area, but I don't think it was the worse thing in the world and I believe there are legitimate reasons to have it on the show.
    Last edited by Spawn; 11-13-2012 at 06:48 AM.

  15. #15
    Lycanthrope Wolfman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hell, NJ
    Posts
    817

    Default Re: Dear CM Punk Marks

    CM Punk IS a god. The best heel around!

  16. #16
    PW's Voice of Reason Edynol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    441

    Default Re: Dear CM Punk Marks

    I think this thread is pointless. I honestly didn't care for the segment, but it had nothing to do with CM Punk personally. He was just doing as he was told. I didn't like it because I was hoping for a real moment, just a nice speech by the King before he took his seat at the announce table. It wasn't the scene itself I didn't like, it was how it was done. If they had waited til later, after Jerry had already taken his seat, instead of interrupting him like that, I would have been totally okay with it. Just let me clarify that it has nothing to do with disrespect because as others have said, Jerry was okay with it and his opinion is the only one that really counts.

    Sorry Anna, you're a lovely person, but I just feel this thread is nothing more than opportunity to bash Punk fans. But as Spawn said, Punk was just doing his job and he did it well. And if you ask me, I don't think his heart was in it. It wasn't one of his best segments which leads me to believe he didn't really want to do the segment. But when Vince says "Do this", you can't really argue. If you ever met Phil Brooks or watched some of his YouTube interviews, you'd know he's a pretty stand-up and respectful guy.

  17. #17
    PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Stockport, England
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,508

    Default Re: Dear CM Punk Marks

    I think its pretty obvious Punk is a douche bag and not a particularly decent guy, I thought all fans accepted this? I just love the guy because hes awesome at his job and he entertains the hell out of me

    And he looks good with crappy facial hair

    ( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

    Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

  18. #18
    I BITE! iNCY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    12,480

    Default Re: Dear CM Punk Marks

    Anna are you posting about kayfabe or real life? I can't tell! It's all a work ya know?
    You have to work hard to generate heat as a heel when the fans keep cheering you. Rock and Austin both faced this and had to find new ways to be disliked... That's what heels do

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    467

    Default Re: Dear CM Punk Marks

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
    CM Punk IS a god. The best heel around!
    Lies. A heel would never do something like this. A heel is all about taking his vitamins and saying his prayers. DUH everyone knew that.

  20. #20
    Senior Member PB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    7,583

    Default Re: Dear CM Punk Marks

    This is going nowhere. Try to keep things on point and don't make threads to attack a group of people. It's never going to go down well.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •