View Poll Results: Do you like Barrett's new gimmick?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 75.00%
  • No

2 16.67%
  • I don't really care

1 8.33%

Thread: The Wade Barrett Barrage

Default The Wade Barrett Barrage

What is your opinion on this new gimmick of Wade Barrett?

I will say that I never liked him when he was in Nexus. To me the 'Nexus invasion' angle was the same as the 'nWo Takeover' in WCW. Basically a bunch of pissed off dudes taking over the show. I didn't like him at that point. But now, that's a different story. He actually has a character (although, it is based on the real life of Wade) that he plays to perfection. I think that he surely gets noticed by the fans, and he brought some brutal in ring moves, that really impressed me. I really hoping to see him develop as a major player in the SmackDown main event (since they don't have any real main eventers in SmackDown...)

Default Re: The Wade Barrett Barrage

I think Barrett is a guy with more potential than I can imagine. I thought the same thing of John Cena and Kofi Kingston. It really depends on if they are pushed or not.

Unfortunately because I don't watch smackdown I can't say too much about it, but I know after nexus and the corre he was in desperate need of something new. Hopefully he gets into a program where he can be on raw and I can see more of him.

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

I'm rather indifferent to it.

Wipe him down with gasoline, till his arms are hard and mean.
    From now on boy this iron boat's your home.

Quote Originally Posted by Cenamark2.0 View Post
    I'm rather indifferent to it.
    This sums up my thoughts too really. I want to like Barrett but I think he's still waiting for something to click into place. I was disappointed that they didn't go through with the whole "Wade Barrett is open for business" thing having him as a hitman for hire because I think that would have been more interesting than this rather plain gimmick. Rehashing his feud with Orton isn't really helping either, because he's back to the exact same place he was pre-injury, only with less momentum and a less exciting finisher.

Barrett has been putting on awesome match after awesome match since his return. I didn't think much of his in-ring skills before his injury, but he seems to have improved leaps and bounds. And of course, his mic skills have always been fantastic.

I'm starting to like him. I really wanted to always like him, a guy people say has potential to be champion, which would be immense for British wrestling. But I never got it.

I like him more now individually than I ever have.

Quote Originally Posted by hr View Post
    This sums up my thoughts too really. I want to like Barrett but I think he's still waiting for something to click into place. I was disappointed that they didn't go through with the whole "Wade Barrett is open for business" thing having him as a hitman for hire because I think that would have been more interesting than this rather plain gimmick. Rehashing his feud with Orton isn't really helping either, because he's back to the exact same place he was pre-injury, only with less momentum and a less exciting finisher.
    Just wondering since one of the biggest complaints people had about Barrett was his finisher, what makes you prefer Wasteland to The Souvenir? To me this new finisher looks a lot more impactful and completes his package.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post
    It's the cycle of the internet. Watch Raw, complain, sleep, repeat.
    Episode 4 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest MachoWarrior

The countdown has begun, see where your favourite season landed

I loving Barrett but the problem he has is hes sort of in the uppa midcard(World title picture) which is stacked atm Sheamus, Show, Ziggler, Orton, ADR. And atm WWE doesn't know what to do with him apart from a mini feud with Sheamus.Hell I have no idea who he could feud with at this moment. And he really is fighting for a spot on the card. But he is getting noticed through his great matches hes been having.

Thanks To Hayze

Quote Originally Posted by Oncall View Post
    Just wondering since one of the biggest complaints people had about Barrett was his finisher, what makes you prefer Wasteland to The Souvenir? To me this new finisher looks a lot more impactful and completes his package.
    I didn't love Wasteland either but I preferred it over the elbow which seems more like a signature rather than a finisher. Winds of Change is his most impactful and finisher worthy move in my eyes

Yup , & I Love the finisher!

If they stop feeding him to Sheamus on TV matches, he just might get somewhere this year. Honestly, if you want to test crowd reaction, do it at house shows. I've been a fan of Barrett since Nexus. The guy is terrific on the mic and keeps adapting in the ring. He's a future main eventer, and that future may be sooner than later.

BELIEVE IN AMBROSE
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

I'm not a fan of wasteland or the elbow. Barrett should use the Pedigree. Trips is done with it. Or maybe the Pearl River Plunge (rename it). There are some finishers out there that nobody has used in a while.

Thread Information