Thread: WWE Talents Exhausted

Post WWE Talents Exhausted

-- With the ongoing tour of Europe, many WWE talents are getting tired and are looking forward to returning home. Many workers have been living out of suitcases as of late. After the next TV taping in Ohio this week, the traveling roster members will get the rest of the week off before returning on Sunday for the Survivor Series.
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/1...-linda-mcmahon

To be honest I think the wrestlers are getting way too tired. The house shows, the live shows, and the touring house shows, all in the same week. It's rough. It really is. I don't think they get much sleep time. It's good that they get at least a little time off to rest.

Banned

Default Re: WWE Talents Exhausted

Think about how bad it would be if they were working old schoold schedules though. These wrestlers get paid a metric fuck ton of money and all they have to do is show up.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by King_Steve View Post
    Think about how bad it would be if they were working old schoold schedules though. These wrestlers get paid a metric fuck ton of money and all they have to do is show up.
    You make it sound so easy. But the truth is that constantly traveling state to state and sometimes country to country is highly exhausting. Sure they might get home for a couple days, but how much time do they actually have to settle in. And also take into account working multiple shows a weeks, plus public appearances, plus working year-round, week in-week out and you've got some overworked talent. And some WWE stars are probably underpaid considering how much WWE makes.

Welcome to the wrestling business since forever...

The night sky is slowly returning to somewhat normal

Back when he was in WWE, RVD talked about the touring schedule of WWE that he had. Now keep in mind this was when he was pretty high up on the card, anyway RVD said the year before he was on the road 335 days out of the year. We're talking....03 or 04, right in that area. Do the math....there are only 365 days in a year. I remember Bret Hart saying something very similar during the Attitude Era. IF the wrestlers are able to go home, usually they are home Tuesday and Wednesdays, or Wednesday/Thursday. They fly home after Raw, and fly out Thursday morning for the weekend house shows/ppv's/then Raw or SD. Its one reason that its so hard to keep a marriage together. The divorce rate for wrestlers is over 75%. If the wrestler has kids? They miss an awful lot.

Then you have to look at how strong the relationship would have to be to survive that. I have a friend who does wrestling for a couple indy feds and his marriage ended because he was never home....and his wife got something on the side.Her excuse? That he was never home. Another friend of mine works for I believe 3 feds (2 for sure that I know of)and he's not married and doesn't have a girlfriend. He told me its because it wouldnt be fair to the girl,and I can't blame him. Pro athletes have a high divorce rate,its over 50%, but wrestlers are even that much more higher because their "sport" isn't for a season like someone who plays baseball/football/basketball....its ALL year long

Wrestlers also develop sleep problems. Between having to grab sleep when they can (on planes, a few hours in a hotel room either before or after flying to wherever, etc) they may sleep in a different hotel room every night in a week, which could easily mean up to 7 different beds a week, which means up to 7 different beds to get use to. I know I myself I dont sleep well in a strange place the first night---I can't imagine the wreck I would be if I was in a different strange place nearly every night of the week. Its no wonder some wrestlers burn out rather quick

Sorry Bout Your Damn Luck

EWS....come efed at SCW here http://z15.invisionfree.com/FTWOWres...ex.php?act=idx
    My beautiful grand daughter (aka Munchkin) made me a grandmother September 6, 2012, my son passed away June 10, 2013 and my dad June 19, 2014 may they RIP

Quote Originally Posted by **Star** View Post
    Back when he was in WWE, RVD talked about the touring schedule of WWE that he had. Now keep in mind this was when he was pretty high up on the card, anyway RVD said the year before he was on the road 335 days out of the year. We're talking....03 or 04, right in that area. Do the math....there are only 365 days in a year. I remember Bret Hart saying something very similar during the Attitude Era. IF the wrestlers are able to go home, usually they are home Tuesday and Wednesdays, or Wednesday/Thursday. They fly home after Raw, and fly out Thursday morning for the weekend house shows/ppv's/then Raw or SD. Its one reason that its so hard to keep a marriage together. The divorce rate for wrestlers is over 75%. If the wrestler has kids? They miss an awful lot.

Then you have to look at how strong the relationship would have to be to survive that. I have a friend who does wrestling for a couple indy feds and his marriage ended because he was never home....and his wife got something on the side.Her excuse? That he was never home. Another friend of mine works for I believe 3 feds (2 for sure that I know of)and he's not married and doesn't have a girlfriend. He told me its because it wouldnt be fair to the girl,and I can't blame him. Pro athletes have a high divorce rate,its over 50%, but wrestlers are even that much more higher because their "sport" isn't for a season like someone who plays baseball/football/basketball....its ALL year long

Wrestlers also develop sleep problems. Between having to grab sleep when they can (on planes, a few hours in a hotel room either before or after flying to wherever, etc) they may sleep in a different hotel room every night in a week, which could easily mean up to 7 different beds a week, which means up to 7 different beds to get use to. I know I myself I dont sleep well in a strange place the first night---I can't imagine the wreck I would be if I was in a different strange place nearly every night of the week. Its no wonder some wrestlers burn out rather quick
    Fair play, none of that is ideal, but none of that is a secret before guys get into wrestling either.

WWE is the height of their profession, and this is what's involved to remain at that height. As harsh as it may sound, if people don't like it, they can always do something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Damon View Post
    Fair play, none of that is ideal, but none of that is a secret before guys get into wrestling either.

WWE is the height of their profession, and this is what's involved to remain at that height. As harsh as it may sound, if people don't like it, they can always do something else.
    So you're saying that they should put everything behind for the WWE? That's BS.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaLove View Post
    So you're saying that they should put everything behind for the WWE? That's BS.
    No, but they also know the score going into it.

As I said, if the working conditions, travel, etc. don't suit them, they can always do something else. Nobody is making them be a professional wrestler.

No, but they also know the score going into it.

As I said, if the working conditions, travel, etc. don't suit them, they can always do something else. Nobody is making them be a professional wrestler.
    Stuff like divorces are happening, because the WWE doesn't give a damn about what happens to someone's personal life. They push their star to appear the whole year, and travel every day. If the WWE cared a little bit, they would've let the guys see their homes and families, to keep the person's family life in tact. But, it seems the WWE couldn't give a damn about that, because for them a wrestler is not a human being, but rather a money milking machine...

Stuff like divorces are happening, because the WWE doesn't give a damn about what happens to someone's personal life. They push their star to appear the whole year, and travel every day. If the WWE cared a little bit, they would've let the guys see their homes and families, to keep the person's family life in tact. But, it seems the WWE couldn't give a damn about that, because for them a wrestler is not a human being, but rather a money milking machine...
    You're acting like this is a new development. The business has been the same for decades, travel and all. I'm not saying it's ideal, but it's how it is.

Banned

It's a rough lifestyle, especially when you're in the WWE and it's been that way for several decades.

You're acting like this is a new development. The business has been the same for decades, travel and all. I'm not saying it's ideal, but it's how it is.
    I love this "This is how the business been for decades" thing. You know, WWE could easily change it (I.E. making less TV shows, look at the TV schedule, they'll soon to fill up the entire week). Cut with the WWE network BS, because that would put the wrestlers in risk of working 24/7. Show you care, and give a number of wrestler a week off every week. Let's say: In one week: Cena, Orton, Bryan get a week off. Then a week later: R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, The Miz. You get my point? WWE can easily change that, but they don't want to, because once again: 'THEY DON'T GIVE A DAMN'.

Alright, let's be real here. WWE isn't running a prison camp. WWE runs events 4 days a week. The other three days mostly everybody is home except the top guys who are doing appearances, and they're being well compensated for doing so. It used to be really bad. It's not nearly as bad anymore.

That last part is the same of any employer. My employer cares about my well being because I'm a piece of them making money. Even the best employers in terms of employee relations are doing that because they feel that a happy, well-rested employee is more productive than an angry and tired one.

And like people have said, everybody knows what this business is like going into it. You don't go into wrestling expecting to punch a clock and work a 40-hour week.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

I love this "This is how the business been for decades" thing. You know, WWE could easily change it (I.E. making less TV shows, look at the TV schedule, they'll soon to fill up the entire week). Cut with the WWE network BS, because that would put the wrestlers in risk of working 24/7. Show you care, and give a number of wrestler a week off every week. Let's say: In one week: Cena, Orton, Bryan get a week off. Then a week later: R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, The Miz. You get my point? WWE can easily change that, but they don't want to, because once again: 'THEY DON'T GIVE A DAMN'.
    Just because TV airs every day doesn't mean it's filmed every day. All TV is filmed on Monday and Tuesday. One loop works Friday-Monday, the other loop works Saturday-Tuesday.

Also, those talents are advertised. It's not like you just say "John, you look tired, take a week off." He's advertised for the show, and people buy tickets to see John Cena, or Randy Orton, or Daniel Bryan. If I went to a show and none of them were on it, I'd be pretty upset.

"I like cake."

Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Just because TV airs every day doesn't mean it's filmed every day. All TV is filmed on Monday and Tuesday. One loop works Friday-Monday, the other loop works Saturday-Tuesday.

Also, those talents are advertised. It's not like you just say "John, you look tired, take a week off." He's advertised for the show, and people buy tickets to see John Cena, or Randy Orton, or Daniel Bryan. If I went to a show and none of them were on it, I'd be pretty upset.
    What if the compensate that with a great match instead? Let's say you have Dolph Ziggler wrestler CM Punk in a great match, would you be that 'upset'?

What if the compensate that with a great match instead? Let's say you have Dolph Ziggler wrestler CM Punk in a great match, would you be that 'upset'?
    I personally wouldn't, because I love Dolph and Punk, but you don't think a lot of people (i.e. kids) would be upset if John Cena wasn't there?

Not everybody is a wrestling fan for the wrestling. Some people are here for the characters. Pick your favorite character on your favorite sitcom, and now imagine an episode without them. That's what it's like.

"I like cake."

Shit news day. Wrestlers are not machines. They get tired, home-sick, fed-up. They're looking forward to getting home.

What news is there in this story? These dirtsheets get more embarassing by the day...

I'm here for one reason and one reason only. When do these wrestlers not live out of suitcases?

The jabroni banning, troll canning, thread locking, always shocking. See a
    troll, don't worry I got him. Right after giving his candy ass a Lock Bottom.

@thepwforum

This is a crap story, if you want the WWE salary then you work the WWE schedule.
    If you want half the appearances then take half the money and Vince can pay for someone to do the other half.

It's also crap how they talk about being on the road 300 days a year and living out of a suitcase...
    I have worked on the road and there is a huge difference between checking in and out of hotels every day and checking into a Hotel and staying for a week.
    They get one day off a week or so on average, so do most people.
    You also should understand that most of these stars are addicted to the fans and the lime light and also shit scared that if they take some time off someone will fill their place.

Banned

Since WWE is the standard of professional wrestling, or at least the biggest influence, perhaps it could improve its work/road conditions and set a better precedent. They got plenty of good talent on the roster, so a lot of these guys should not be on the road as frequently as they are. If they would learn how to build up more talent into credible stars, maybe not every mid carder and main eventer would have to appear at every show.

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

This may be common knowledge but it still deserves to be discussed IMO, because no real time off leads to crazy people.

335 days of work and travel out of 365?

That's insane for a highly physically stressful profession like pro wrestling.

Sleep deprived, road weary athletes, in a violent sport are very dangerous people to themselves and potentially others.

Wrestlers die young because of this, and no matter how much money you make because of it, it doesn't make it right.

These aren't robots or animals, they're human beings, and they need a break, even if they claim to want to keep going for money, the WWE needs to force them to take time off, for the sake of their health, sanity, and the overall quality of business.

I wrote a thread about Wrestlers needing an Off Season for these reasons and others...I still stand by it.

Hasn't this been the case since..... forever?
    - Credit: Bender -

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

It has been this way since forever, but read my comment above about why it's still relevant.

The fans want it. I mean ask Lesnar or Rock what happens when you leave to do something else or Goldberg.

The fans say they have no passion for it and in the case of The Rock the company's poster boy calls him out

Can't have it both ways.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Thread Information