Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: triple h doesn't want sting to renew deal tna

Question triple h doesn't want sting to renew deal tna

according to wrestlinginc.com

Triple H is apparently among many that are hoping that Sting might pass on renewing with TNA when his contract expires at the end of the year.
    According to a source, WWE would like to present Sting with a multi-faceted licensing deal which would include incorporating him into their Mattel deal and home videos. It would also likely include an induction into the WWE Hall of Fame.

Signing Sting to a deal is apparently not a high priority for Vince McMahon, whereas Triple H is said to hold Sting in high regard.

Default Re: triple h doesn't want sting to renew deal tna

Please Sting make the deal and come to the WWE.Yes he's past his prime but dammit I still want my Sting .Vs Undertaker "Dream Match" and maybe if they can sign him a few more matches out of him before he retires.

Hopefully they could sign him to like a one year deal and have a work load and deal like the one Triple H,Rock,Taker and Lesnar have.Were he works a limited amount of dates and only has to wrestle a few matches a year.I know he was worried about his legacy and jobbing to Taker(Which if he signs he really has to due) but make a deal were he get a big win or two under his belt as well during his WWE run over someone like Triple H,Rock,Cena...ect something to make him feel that it was worth will to sign and that he wasn't just brought in to job to Taker and for his lose to be the finale slap in the face of WCW.

This would be so great. Have him win the World Heavyweight Championship and then retire, the belt too.

Banner Credit: Spike

The Wrestle-O-Pedia TheMaskedOtter's Avatar

I'm in the minority here. I really don't see what Sting is bringing to the table to benefit the WWE in 2012. I doubt you would get one extra ppv buy to see the "Battle of the Geriatrics" with The Undertaker. Sting's window of opportunity came and went. They need to focus on creating and pushing new guys rather than becoming the nostalgia league.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaskedOtter View Post
    I'm in the minority here. I really don't see what Sting is bringing to the table to benefit the WWE in 2012. I doubt you would get one extra ppv buy to see the "Battle of the Geriatrics" with The Undertaker. Sting's window of opportunity came and went. They need to focus on creating and pushing new guys rather than becoming the nostalgia league.
    Its not about what he brings to WWE in 2012. Its about how much money they can make mutually through DVD sales, action figures etc.

On top of that he would sell tickets too.

Banner Credit: Spike

It's not gonna happen. TNA just made him the only member of their hall of fame and let him come and go as he pleases. He'll sign someday down the road to go into their hall of fame probably, but other than that, I don't see it happening.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

Thankyou. I mean assuming this comes true, the match would happen at Mania, also assuming we don't get Cena/Taker at this years Mania, that pretty much pushes Cena/Taker off a cliff and kills it which is still a dream match in itself and one where the match quality along with the unpredictability would be better. Does anyone really think Sting would come in and beat Taker? With Cena there is a lot more of a will they, won't they aura.

I know Sting vs Taker is a dream match but dreams don't always come true

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    Episode 1 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest Emperor

The night sky is slowly returning to somewhat normal

I know for years perhaps the biggest reason Sting wouldnt sign with WWE was alot of their storylines were....questionable. Think of the stuff during the attitude era type stuff. I know WWE went PG because of Linda's senate run, but thats done and over (and she lost while spending a few boatloads of money), and I wouldnt be surprised if Vince went back to the way WWE was before they started the PG era in hopes of making WWE look decent and people wouldnt use it against Linda.

These days Sting is allowed a pretty easy schedule with TNA, and I highly doubt that Vince and company would allow him the same freedom. Hell Sting wasnt on tonight's TNA ppv, the excuse being he had been "beaten severely" by the Aces & Eights faction TNA has currently. Sting seems to disappear for a couple months, then is back for a couple months, then disappears again, comes back, etc etc etc. Do you think WWE would say "hey come and go as you please"? Hell not even The Rock gets that kind of treatment, and atm he's the only one who I know comes and goes in WWE. He seems to show up just in time to get soe free promoting of whatever movie he's currently in.

Even if they dangled "hey we'll put you in our HOF", Sting could still easily say no saying he was the first person inducted into TNA's HOF AND is currently the only person in it, unlike WWE who not only inducts wrestlers and managers into theirs....but makes questionable celebrity inductions as well. A few of them I can agree with, and I get....others are out of left field

Sorry Bout Your Damn Luck

EWS....come efed at SCW here http://z15.invisionfree.com/FTWOWres...ex.php?act=idx
    My beautiful grand daughter (aka Munchkin) made me a grandmother September 6, 2012, my son passed away June 10, 2013 and my dad June 19, 2014 may they RIP

This died when he went into TNA's hall of fame. No chance, even I wouldnt mind seeing it. But I know better now.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

If Trips can win Sammartino over, I say let him have a go at Sting.

Unlike most I'm really interested in a Taker vs Sting match or a Sting vs anyone match tbh. But it would be nice to see him sign a Legend's deal or something like that.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Miss HHH View Post
    If Trips can win Sammartino over,
    DId he win Bruno over?

He got Bruno? What the hell?
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Well not yet, but he is apparently at least considering it now.

The latest report on Bruno:

According to a source close to Bruno, he has not closed the door to a possible induction. He apparently would agree to be inducted ONLY if the money is right, which be believes is about respect and to rectify "past financial injustices." Bruno feels that WWE has not been fair with him in the past with royalties related to the marketing of his merchandise and action figures, and that the situation must be addressed before he would consider being inducted.

Bruno is also adamant that any deal that he makes to enter the WWE Hall of Fame is made independent of any financing or distribution deal for the potential theatrical film to be made of his life. He would like for that movie to be made, but is financially "very comfortable" and would not be heartbroken if it is not.

Bruno is said to be open to talking to Triple H at any time, and has always been open to take his calls. The source also noted that Bruno has never told Triple H not to call him and never will.

Just one mans opinion but I think Sting prides himself on being the one guy who has been a top guy in the business and has never sold his soul to the E.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktxW0vidElE
    Damn good point!

I've never slamed Rocky but he was an asshole here.

Banned

lol Rock says that to everybody. Rock being an asshole is part of his gimmick.

I'd love to see what Sting would be like in WWE. Like what theme they would give him, or the possibility of a Taker/Sting match. The smart ones already have it figured out that Taker/Cena is happening at WM30, so it's not like anyone is suggesting they chuck out Cena/Taker completely for Taker/Sting next year because there's almost no possibility at this point that Cena/Taker is happening at 29.

Sting Vs. Undertaker
    Sting Vs. HHH

Yes please!
    It's showtime, folks!

The Wrestle-O-Pedia TheMaskedOtter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss HHH View Post
    Well not yet, but he is apparently at least considering it now.

The latest report on Bruno:
    And how is that any different then what he has pretty much been saying for the past 20 years?

THAT'S why Sting didn't sign for WWE?

Oh my lord.

The Rock did that "who the hell are you?" shtick to everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    THAT'S why Sting didn't sign for WWE?

Oh my lord.
    Look how the E treated former WCW guys. Guys who jumped like Show, Jericho and otheres were treated well. But if you signed after WCW went under, you were jobbed hard. I believe Sting is thinking about his legacy. From what I understand, money is not an issue for him.

And the defense that Rock did the "Who the hell are you" line to everyone is bullsh!t. Booker T was a new aquisition from the rival promotion. He was the top WCW guy that they were able to sign in the take over. Rock pretending that he was a nobody was a complete burial and a d-bag move!

And how is that any different then what he has pretty much been saying for the past 20 years?
    Being possibly open to an induction if the money is right is a lot different from this:

"They've called plenty of times," Sammartino admitted. "I turn them down every time. What's the point to a Hall of Fame? Is it a building I can actually go to? No. Give me a break. If I gave in and was inducted, what would that say about me? It would make me a hypocrite and then Vince would turn right around and sell DVDs about me and my career and make more money.

"Look at a guy like Pete Rose. Why is he in the Hall of Fame? It's a sham."

If they could sign Sting to face Taker at WM 29 I would be fine with it mainly because Cena is not wrestling Taker this year. As Taker is a legend, it only makes sense for him to wrestle another legend. I think at this point it is fair to say they have scheduled Taker vs. Cena for Wrestlemania 30.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

If they got him for a year, and gave us a few big matches, I'm all for it. John Cena vs Sting, HHH vs Sting (Shut up), CM Punk vs Sting, and of course, Undertaker vs Sting, I am all for it. Bringing him in for one match, as highly anticipated as it is, would be a waste of his talents.
    baboosh

Quote Originally Posted by merle View Post
    Look how the E treated former WCW guys. Guys who jumped like Show, Jericho and otheres were treated well. But if you signed after WCW went under, you were jobbed hard. I believe Sting is thinking about his legacy. From what I understand, money is not an issue for him.
    That's fair enough, but he made it all about that one line that Rock used. It was Rock's shtick, he used it on everyone. He's made fun of Hogan, Austin, HHH, Foley, Cena, they all survived. No fucking way is it a burial like Sting is saying.

Man that video was old, I think sting was just being sensative, if anythink it was when Austin whooped booker ass.

Thanks To Hayze

Thread Information